Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,506 members, 7,781,556 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:58 PM

Valley Of Kings - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Valley Of Kings (2950 Views)

Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) / National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka / King Of Kings. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Valley Of Kings by Shalomdee(f): 2:07pm On Sep 05, 2015
Please no portion of this work should be reproduced in any form without the permission of the writer.

CHAPTER ONE
The Origin

There was a universe that existed in times past when earth was yet without form and void. A ruler governed its affairs, Aravat was his name. He had exceeding powers and created spirit beings who daily he taught the secrets of the worlds. One of the spirit beings, Azezyat, was bored of remaining a servant of Aravat, he longed to have his own realm and be ruler, have his own spirit servants and teach his own wisdom. He corrupted some of the spirits and made them rebel against Aravat, he took 500 spirits and left the Golden realm to the deepest dimensions of the universe to found the Evil realm.

Aravat was furious and with his powers he cursed them that they will never find happiness.

The uncorrupted spirits remained loyal to their creator. Aravat one day decided again to create a new breed of people who will live as kings and not as servants, who will rule on a place called Ophar.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Valley Of Kings by Shalomdee(f): 3:45pm On Sep 05, 2015
The Origin continued
From that time onwards this new breed of people known as mortals occupied the land of Ophar in the Opharaic realm.
Aravat could summon them to Golden realm whenever he choose but they dwelt on their own realm freely; planting crops, giving birth, building houses and multiplying. They had peace and comfort,until Azezyat came to destroy their order of life.

At that time a man called Omron was king of the Opharains, Azezyat wanted to make a pact with him so he could lead all the people to rebel against their father Aravat, Omron declined, he would not revolt against his own divine father who had shown all of them kindness and chosen him to be a leader.
"Then be prepared for war!" Azezyat declared and marched angrily to Evil realm where he summoned his soldiers who were by now skilled in every art of warfare and practiced all sorts of sorceries. They attacked Opharaic realm killing many and taking many hostages.

Aravat had to send his spirits to form a ring of protection upon his children.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Valley Of Kings by Shalomdee(f): 4:08pm On Sep 05, 2015
The Origin continued
Aravat had to send his spirits to form a ring of protection over his children so the Nephylites, Azezyat and his evil spirits will not totally annihilate the Opharains.
Then he summoned Omron, "I have chosen you to be the leader of the Opharains, now seeing Azezyat is against your existence, I must prepare you to be able to fight against the Nephylites, choose every young man and woman above the age of 15, let them prepare themselves and appear before my presence, I will endow them with special fighting skills so they can fight against the Nephylites, it will be that every one who reaches that age must come to me to also be endowed with that power to fight, so every one will be a warrior. But as for you and your seed, I will make you a lineage of kings, your sons and daughters will be born with tremendous gifts to be able to lead the people to victory." I will send one of my wisest spirits to dwell in your palace as a priest, he will direct you on what to do".
Omron fell on his face.

2 Likes

Re: Valley Of Kings by Shalomdee(f): 4:12pm On Sep 05, 2015
I have tried now, you people should like or comment if you find the story interesting so I can continue.
Re: Valley Of Kings by nicholausian(m): 4:46pm On Sep 05, 2015
Nice, I love the story, the writing is excellent and promising. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: Valley Of Kings by Shalomdee(f): 7:59pm On Sep 05, 2015
Thank you nicholausian, will keep it going by God's grace.
Re: Valley Of Kings by Shalomdee(f): 8:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
The Origin continued
Omron fell on his face, "May your words come to pass as you have spoken, thank you for coming to the rescue of mere mortals like us."
Omron returned to Ophar and spoke to all the elders in the land, they agreed to send everyone from the age of 15 upwards to the Golden realm to be trained. Everyone except the very old and the royal family remained. Meanwhile, the Nephylites tortured their captives with all sorts of instruments. Those who refused to join their realm were tortured the more while those who agreed out of fear were pardoned and recruited into the Nephylite Army where they were taught mischief, enchantments and wicked acts. They were prepared to go and make war with their brethren, capture them and bring them over to the Evil realm.
Re: Valley Of Kings by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 7:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
Dear Shalomdee, what are you waiting for?
You write really well.

Give mentions to those guys in the romance section. They are great, really.
Re: Valley Of Kings by Shalomdee(f): 7:51pm On Sep 06, 2015
Thanks for the advice OluwabuqqyYOLO.
Re: Valley Of Kings by Shalomdee(f): 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2015
CHAPTER 2
The Vacancy
Queen Hera was the wife of Omron, King of Ophar. She was a woman endowed with a peaceful disposition and a humble attitude. She was married to Omron on her 20th birthday a year after Aravat had chosen him king. The elders had done the selection and had considered her a good mate for the king. He was 40 when they married and because of their age gap he treated her more like a sister than a wife.
Omron was a 100 years old now, she was 80 and still they had no child.
Ashar, the old woman who now waited on the queen due to the scarcity of young maidens who had joined their male counterparts for the compulsory military training in Golden realm, was proving to be a very reliable confidant. They had been discussing the political issues affecting Ophar, the underpopulation, the compulsory military training and the necessity of an heir which was not forth coming.
The latter worried Queen Hera most,she was past the age of bearing a child and relished the fact that she may die childless.
Re: Valley Of Kings by Shalomdee(f): 8:56pm On Sep 06, 2015
"Miracles do happen my queen, don't let the issue bother you much. Ophar will not be left without an heir", Ashar who was herself above 100 years comforted.
"Of course Ophar cannot be left without an heir, they will probably appoint another man as king after my husband".
"Poo!" Ashar replied with a wave of the hand as she straighthened the queen's hair, "Flaming matchsticks, no one can choose a king except Lord Aravat himself, the uncreatable creator who sets men apart.Now you are still a young woman, we mortals only go to the great beyond when we are 500 years old. You can still give birth, have no fear."
Hera sighed and took a good look at the mirror in her hand, she could have been admiring her hair or assuring herself she was still young. "Its hopeless woman, I have stopped seeing the monthly visitor, no matter how long I live I cannot concieve without it".
"Don't give up, do as I told you, go to the king's room every single night and don't you ever miss a day".
The queen shrugged, she didn't believe.
Re: Valley Of Kings by Shalomdee(f): 9:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
Omron sat dejectedly on his throne oblivious of any other activity going on, his thoughts were scattered on many issues, he thought about the attack the Nephilytes had waged on his unprepared people whose only occupation until now was farming, he had never anticipated this all throughout his reign as king, that's because never in the history of the Opharaic realm had there been chaos. When Memron, his father's friend had informed him that Aravat had named him king, he was pleased with himself. "All you have to do is appoint elders to make the rules, name districts, visit families and report back to Lord Aravat." How easy things would have been if it remained that way. Then they imposed on him a wife and told him it was his duty to produce an heir, it was the order of their life they had explained. He decided to ignore their ramblings about an heir, what did he need one for anyway, he never touched his wife for one day, now here he was in a tight dilemna, no child, no peace and a new order from above.
Re: Valley Of Kings by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 06, 2015
9yc
Re: Valley Of Kings by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 6:32am On Sep 07, 2015
Be a punctilious person, ma'am. It helps.
Re: Valley Of Kings by missuniverse(f): 7:39am On Sep 07, 2015
I think I'm gonna dis
Kip em coming ma'am
Re: Valley Of Kings by Shalomdee(f): 7:00pm On Sep 07, 2015
Thank you ArrowAssasin and missuniverse, will keep to that OluwabuqqyYOLO
nicholausian hope you are still following?
Please I am typing from my phone so my updates will be in small batches, nevertheless I will be regular.
Cc: Neyoor
Ishilove
naijaboiy
Dahprech
patrickdarlins
Tobxyad
lordtosan
Ozeepresh
mictima
You guys should please criticize.

1 Like

Re: Valley Of Kings by Shalomdee(f): 7:32pm On Sep 07, 2015
He just did not know how he could escape now. The supreme ruler had made it clear that he had to do the deed, when he complained of Hera's menopause he actually thought he would be spared the appalling deed. "It doesn't matter, start what you should have started earlier on". Aravat retorted. "In nine months time a child would be born".
He now heaved a sigh and rested his head upon his hand. He was so engrossed in his thoughts that he didn't notice Uriel was now standing near him.
Uriel cleared his throat.
"Sacred trees!" Omron declared startled, "Why do you always have to do that?"
"Pardon me", was Uriel's reply and took a good look around the throne room, the gaurds were backing the entrance and did not see when he walked in, he did not like to be seen by many people and restricted his presence to mostly only the king himself.
"She will make herself available tonight, make sure you do your duty".
Omron tensed up. Duty? Was that what people actually called it?
"I came just to make you prepared", Uriel said.
Re: Valley Of Kings by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 07, 2015
Kip it coming. You are writing fantastic lately. Are you still up for my collabo? There are just two more spots left on the team.
Re: Valley Of Kings by Shalomdee(f): 7:59pm On Sep 07, 2015
With that he dissappeared, leaving Omron more tensed than ever. Why would she want to make moves all of a sudden, what had gotten into her?
His mind made a u-turn to their wedding night, she had been so beautiful and so pure he kept looking away from her as they sat on the bed talking about the wedding precedings. Then she started edging closer till he couldn't take it and explained to her why he couldn't touch her, "I value you as a sister, but not as a lover". He had told her. "We have to stay apart in separate rooms, I don't care about children, but you musn't tell anyone about this, I forbid you from doing so".
Hera had cried all through that night, why did she have to be chosen for such a painful destiny? All her hopes and dreams of having her own family was going to be dashed away by the one man who she thought loved her.
She got up and left to her room the next day and never entered his own, how she managed to endure the pain and neglect was one thing he never understood. She was a strong woman.
Re: Valley Of Kings by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 07, 2015
So?
Re: Valley Of Kings by Tobxyad(f): 9:12pm On Sep 07, 2015
wow shalomdee,u never cease to amaze me.actually dz z nyc.
Re: Valley Of Kings by Shalomdee(f): 11:05pm On Sep 07, 2015
Sorry ArrowAssasin I'm in, thanks everyone, will update tomorrow by God's grace.
Re: Valley Of Kings by lordtosan(m): 2:19am On Sep 08, 2015
Very nice shalomdee. Pure genius. You write dazzingly well. And i think the work would be nicer if you are a bit fastidious with your tenses. Good Job.

1 Like

Re: Valley Of Kings by Shalomdee(f): 5:44pm On Sep 08, 2015
It was now clear to him that he had to do what he had avoided all these years. How was he even going to start?
Night came, the king took his bath and wore his silken night robe, it was blue and had a white sash around the waist line. He slowly climbed unto the king-sized bed and started revising in his mind how he had planned to undertake this great mission with the queen. It was a cold lovely night, but perspiration was all over his hands and forehead. This is insane, he thought. He lay down and pretended to be asleep.
Knock knock, the door sounded. No answer. It swung open and in came the neglected but yet still beautiful Queen Hera dressed in a beautiful silken robe that was cream coloured. She walked slowly to his bed, noted her husband sleeping peacefully, rolled over the bed covers gently and crept unto it.
What happened almost immediately was like magic to both of them.
Outside in a realm thousands of worlds behind them, lay the captives crying out to their Supreme father for a miracle.
Re: Valley Of Kings by Shalomdee(f): 6:06pm On Sep 08, 2015
CHAPTER 3
The Miracle
The next day Omron was seated on his throne with a serious note, as if he had done nothing new with his wife the previous night.
Hera walked in with Ashar to the throne room, she was smiling as she entered and looked even more beautiful than he remembered in the past, it was obvious she was thinking of last night. Omron was pleased but he didn't show it, a king could not be smiling publicly when some members of his society were in pains. But he was glad the queen could smile after all these years of bottled feelings.
She approached the throne, gave the king king a quick kiss and sat on her queen's stool next to his chair.
Ashar bowed and left.
A smile was still playing on the queen's face and before he realized it she was squezzing his hand and whishpering somthing to his ear.
"We shall meet this night too, right? It is very important we have an heir, we must increase my chances of getting pregnant".
"It doesn't take more than once for a woman to get pregnant". The king replied.
Re: Valley Of Kings by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 08, 2015
Damn
Re: Valley Of Kings by Shalomdee(f): 9:32pm On Sep 08, 2015
The smile on her face dissapeared. How could he be doing this to her? What did he take her for, a log of wood? She quickly took away her hands from his.
Omron read her thoughts, he cackled- a deep sound resembling the cracking of fire. He had only been joking, how could he not want a repeat of what had transpired last night, she was afterall his wife and he had not until now discovered he had been cheating them both. He reached out for her hands and gripped tightly, "I'll be expecting you".
It was Hera's turn to cackle.
Back in the company of her new found confidant, she proudly narrated her success. Ashar was more than eager to know of the development, she secretly congratulated her wits, who other than herself could have given the queen that advice?
"I told you not to let your hopes down didn't I, soon your fears about conceiving will also be dashed."
"I really pray so Ashar", the queen replied, her sad mood returned as she thought about the monthly visitor who had stopped from visiting her.
Re: Valley Of Kings by Shalomdee(f): 5:23pm On Sep 10, 2015
One day the queen was walking in the garden smelling the scents of the beautiful roses and lilies when suddenly she saw Uriel. He smiled when she saw him and walked up to her, "Good afternoon your majesty, how is your day going?"
"Well", she answered him. She didn't feel too comfortable talking with this spirit who had a man's body, but what could she do about it. her husband insisted they needed him in the palace. He was so strange; he didn't eat, drink or sleep and he knew exactly what someone was thinking.

"In a few months from now you will have your greatest desire, you must be wise, courageous and strong".

The queens eyes widened in awe, a child? Was it really possible?

"Very possible my queen"', he read her thoughts.

"How did you know I wanted a child?" she inquired bemused, her eyebrows creasing.

"Every desire and every thought is known to my master, and he relates it to me."

"I see", she said smiling and started walking slowly around the rose patches. Uriel followed at her side, for one moment he stopped, bent down and plucked a mature rose. He smelt it, ran his hands around the pink petals and handed it over to the queen.

It was the first time in her life anyone had handed her a flower, such acts were unknown in her time and it made her freeze in her steps. She hesitated but decided to accept the flower, it even seemed more beautiful to her, perhaps it was because it was coming from a spirit being. She held it there not knowing what to do with it, he started to leave the garden. "Wait please", she called.

Uriel stopped and turned round.

"Please, will the child be a boy or girl?"

He smiled, "When the time is right you will know".
Re: Valley Of Kings by Shalomdee(f): 9:56pm On Sep 29, 2015
The Queen's belly grew bigger as weeks turned into months. The citizens were all anxious and awaited the birth of the royal child.

"If it's a boy, name him after me", Elder Memron told the king as the elders held a meeting in the palace, he had brought gifts for the unborn child and publicly displayed it.

"We will see about this request of yours, Sir".

"Memron means tranquility, a sure virtue any boy will need". He insisted.

"I say the king names him after his own father, Hela, the name means strength which is what the boy needs", Elder Arno said.

"We are talking about a child that hasn't been born, I say you all should allow things to happen before imposing your opinions". Hela replied.
When the meeting ended the king went to see his Queen in her chambers. He took Memron's gifts as he went. The Queen was taking breathing exercises as he entered, she stopped when she noticed him.

"Elder Memron brought gifts for the baby", he showed the queen the woolen clothes carefully wrapped. "He wants the boy to be named after him".

"What, is this some form of bribe, he must be joking. You are not considering doing what he asks are you?"

"No, but he's not going to give up easily, you know how he is, very imposing."

"Which is exactly why my child will not be named after him. As a matter of fact, my child will not be named after anyone at all, the child will bear a new name."

Omron didn't really agree with her on that as he was thinking of naming the child after his father if it turned out a boy, but he didn't want to argue with his wife as she was being so over protective of the foetus. He wondered if it was the pregnancy hormones that was responsible for her new attitude or a part of her that had concealed itself all these years.
Re: Valley Of Kings by Danpersie31(m): 10:16pm On Sep 29, 2015
hope u are not 1 of those people DAT start way they won't finish? nice job...keep d updates staedy and flowing and u ll go places
Re: Valley Of Kings by Shalomdee(f): 11:16pm On Sep 29, 2015
No way am I abandoning my story cos I'm in love with it. Tomorrow by God's grace I will update.
Re: Valley Of Kings by nicholausian(m): 9:04pm On Sep 30, 2015
Shalomdee
Much as I am open to new styles of writing, I do have a problem with yours. Don't get me wrong I still think it's a beautiful piece, excellent writing, I mean, don't we all?
But there's a but. There's a thingy with the way you arrange words that makes it rather impersonal and very 'bible-ish'. Then again, it seems like a summary of the story.
When I first read the beginning, I honestly thought it was a prelude. But seeing now that you have continued in that language style, I thought to draw your attention to it.
The effect of using this style (I'm not an expert, I'm only speaking from my experience) is that it reduces the story's captivating power and gives it a tone too serious and you wouldn't want that.
Advice: don't narrate, describe.
My take.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Girl In The Brothel / Ibale{virginity} / The Mask And Other Short Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.