Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri (44257 Views)

The Umale Festival Of The Ilaje And Itsekiri People / Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri / The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 06, 2015
airsaylongcon:

I'm sure Uvwie people haven't heard Ughievwen that's why they were forming Rambo. Okpe people eye go still clear. Two strokes of hot water cane will clear all doubt.

Lolz hw is tat 1 b like.

No doubt bro, Okpe is d hardest dialect In Urhobo... and the funniest tin they understand Other Urhobo very well
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Obiwiz(m): 2:52pm On Sep 06, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Same way we have no problem with Yoruba, Hausa, Igala, e.t.c, because we re accommodating.. If u av any issue with Yoruba go solve it , don't drag anybody Inside ur mess.

Stop acting as if u re better than Yoruba's, tat was d reason I quoted u , Bye
No wahala, as long as you get the point say nobody dey die to have/claim u or ur people. It's absolutely not necessary. U sef know.

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by airsaylongcon: 2:52pm On Sep 06, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Lolz hw is tat 1 like.

No doubt bro, Okpe is d hardest dialect In Urhobo... and the funniest tin they understand Other Urhobo very well

Ughievwen sounds like Urhobo wey dem mix Ijaw put. They are on d Forcados River Boundary with Burutu people. U go dey look dem like film when dem dey talk. Even Okpe go struggle
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 06, 2015
Obiwiz:

No wahala, as long as you get the point say nobody dey die to have/claim u or ur people. It's absolutely not necessary. U sef know.

okay I got it..

Thanks,
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2015
airsaylongcon:

Ughievwen sounds like Urhobo wey dem mix Ijaw put. They are on d Forcados River Boundary with Burutu people. U go dey look dem like film when dem dey talk. Even Okpe go struggle

Lolz, okay nw I know d people, That 1 be like French oo... Chai..

Wat of UDu?, if dem speak dip udu 4 u, 1 tin u nor go hear... God is Great
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by airsaylongcon: 3:03pm On Sep 06, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Lolz, okay nw I know d people, That 1 be like French oo... Chai..

Wat of UDu?, if dem speak dip udu 4 u, 1 tin u nor go hear... God is Great

Maybe cos I hear Ughievwen I dey use brain hear Udu. But when Udu dey do freestyle na look I dey look
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by lawnreigh(m): 3:05pm On Sep 06, 2015
obiak4:
A typical niger delta is very accomodating anywhere you meet them
ijaws are very accomodating for example in bayelsa half of the strangers here are yoruba's
proudly associating with the ijaws
haa izon!!!!!!
#Proudly9ja
Haa
Izon ke me emi o
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 06, 2015
airsaylongcon:

Maybe cos I hear Ughievwen I dey use brain hear Udu. But when Udu dey do freestyle na look I dey look

Asin d way them they tune there tongue na they funny me pass, But Okpe, Hmmm, Mixture of Isoko, Uvwie all of them together... na only cum , go , u go dey hear if them start There conversation.

But all the same , dey all makeup Urhobo Land
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nature129(m): 3:07pm On Sep 06, 2015
obiak4:
A typical niger delta is very accomodating anywhere you meet them
ijaws are very accomodating for example in bayelsa half of the strangers here are yoruba's
proudly associating with the ijaws
haa izon!!!!!!
#Proudly9ja

Story for the gods. I have lived in Bayelsa too. They always remind you that you are a visitor in their land at the slightest provocation. Is that what you called being accommodating?
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2015
Nature129:

Story for the gods. I have lived in Bayelsa too. They always remind you that you are a visitor in their land at the slightest provocation. Is that what you called being accommodating?

lies

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 06, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Good bless u for replying that HE-GOAT

Left for me , I will just ignore him, just there usual Madness
Horrid looking, bile-filled, occultic and empty headed boisterous clowns who have only survived by being stooges!
Stop feeling any important and forcing yourselves on Igbos!

Obiwiz:

Igbos don't need you. Curb ur bloated ego. Igbos live on dia God-given abilities, determination and doggedness. FG privileges are almost non existent for the easterner. I know you know igbos are not keen to co-dwell with anything outside the five core eastern states. BTW, what do you bring to the table? Educationally, culturally, business acumen-wise, looks, vocationally, technologically etc, how are your folks superior to them? What's the logical reasoning that's making you think they need you so bad?
I'm partly igbo and ikwerre(Phalga, to be precise) , I've the chance to claim Rivers since its my maternal home, but it's not necessary. I'm perfectly okay as an igboman.
I've lived many years in warri, and ur folks aren't so classy to the point of an igbo man dying so hard to have them around. Shebi na Ubeji, Koko, Okere etc? Abi na d crude oil wey d price dey drop continuously? Do igbos live on free money from oil companies?
Well, as for ur own matter, you no know where dey pain you. True itsekiris have no issues with the igboman from what I know and what I've seen.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by obiak4(m): 3:36pm On Sep 06, 2015
Nature129:

bro yes they remind you but @ least you know they are very accomodating
can u imagine where a visitor try to cross the boundary that is where they are quick to remind you that u r a visitor
prevventing history from repeating itself re:major adako boro and king jaja of opobo situation

2 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 3:46pm On Sep 06, 2015
Favolly:

Lol! Let's not do this please
But its true nah
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by gp6liveth(m): 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2015
OP u forgot this: they have more than one indigenous relationship mostly by birth.

#ProudlyIjawBoy
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 3:51pm On Sep 06, 2015
Favolly:

Lol! Calm down
All these stats you're giving me, does it account for 50% of the Urhobo race?
Of course, there are educated Urhobo people.
Also I'm not quoting hearsays, neither do I need to 'migrate from my immediate comfort and experience life in a different region' before I can give my opinion on what I have observed generally. I am Urhobo, a chartered accountant and my family members are very educated too.
However, I still maintain my stance about their general literacy level. The fact that your family name is in the Guinness book of records doesn't change anything.
Cheers!
U seem to lose track of what you said, I'm pointing you towards facts cos you said you cannot think of any.Its not a matter of over rating or under rating or anything similar,however its wrong to generalize or assume cos of ones beliefs if there are no facts.Its a general method refused by ideologist.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 3:53pm On Sep 06, 2015
xtrorse:

Why force yourself on Igbos? Is this a form of inferiority complex or what? I can see that you're having a great challenge comprehending simple English.

Igbos are not interested in horrid looking, lazy bigots and traitors. Igbos have not forgotten you saboteurs and at such do not trust you. Remember how you joined hands with the enemy to commit genocide against Asaba people of Delta State.

The Igbo's quest is not for traitors or lazy cowards who have only survived by being stooges; it is strictly for people who value hard work, honesty, diligence, dedication, patriotism and efficiency.  

This is a free world in which you are entitled to freedom of association. You are free to merge yourselves with Yoruba, Bini, Esan and any other interested ethnic group.  

Stop feeling any important and leave Igbos out of your misery!

Thank you now bug off frm here.

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2015
Favolly:

Lol! Calm down
All these stats you're giving me, does it account for 50% of the Urhobo race?
Of course, there are educated Urhobo people.
Also I'm not quoting hearsays, neither do I need to 'migrate from my immediate comfort and experience life in a different region' before I can give my opinion on what I have observed generally. I am Urhobo, a chartered accountant and my family members are very educated too.
However, I still maintain my stance about their general literacy level. The fact that your family name is in the Guinness book of records doesn't change anything.
Cheers!
U cannot be a chattered account and an urhobo person and don't know who DOD is thats weird angry angry angry I smell hmmm
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by kkerry87: 4:03pm On Sep 06, 2015
Proudly Itsekiri... Still beefing Ijaws sha!!
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 4:23pm On Sep 06, 2015
kkerry87:
Proudly Itsekiri... Still beefing Ijaws sha!!
ahah Ijaw and itsekiri war is over bro everybody don inter marry grin grin grin last war everybody run come sapele come live grin grin
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Obiwiz(m): 4:30pm On Sep 06, 2015
xtrorse:

Horrid looking, bile-filled, occultic and empty headed boisterous clowns who have only survived by being stooges!
Stop feeling any important and forcing yourselves on Igbos!

What exactly are you saying? I never understand you yet.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Favolly(f): 4:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
erico2k2:

U cannot be a chattered account and an urhobo person and don't know who DOD is thats weird angry angry angry I smell hmmm
Lmao! You just dey burst my head, I swear! grin
You think I'm claiming your tribe? Or you think Okotie-eboh's name was inside ICAN syllabus?

You can't even spell chartered... I can't take you seriously please
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by PenSniper: 4:40pm On Sep 06, 2015
OKorowanta:

U know say we be cool people.
Did any Urhobo pesin play u wayo?

Yes, not even long ago.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Drabrah(m): 5:38pm On Sep 06, 2015
OP, guess u gat make a definition ur use of d term 'wealthy' cos as far as I know, it's jst a handful of d trio dat's rich, let alone being wealthy. Dat u're farmer or fisherman doesn't necessarily translate 2 wealth as most r peasants.
& may I ask, d'u visit home @all? Cos all I can see frm ur write up is nothing more than hearsay, not a 1st hand knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Great009: 5:45pm On Sep 06, 2015
rawpadgin:
The ijaws are more accommodating

the itsekiri are not too friendly with strangers

In ogulugha where i work, u cant tell the difference between indigene & non indigene

they see everybody as their own

even ghana people sef dey run Mata there like son of the soil

u can't try in itsekiri land
true talk itsekiris are not accommodating and I thing I hate about them is their unnecessary pride, it is usually very irritating

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by OKorowanta: 7:00pm On Sep 06, 2015
PenSniper:

Yes, not even long ago.

Sorry about dat.
Some people from oda tribes don oppress in those days too.
The truth it's not about d tribe,its about bad individuals with poisoned minds.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 7:03pm On Sep 06, 2015
Favolly:

Lmao! You just dey burst my head, I swear! grin
You think I'm claiming your tribe? Or you think Okotie-eboh's name was inside ICAN syllabus?

You can't even spell chartered... I can't take you seriously please
what has okotie eboh got to do with ICAN? I was talking of D.O.D, meanwhile I'm using my mobile phone thank you English teacher.It might i ntrest you to k now I live where the only option I have is to speak English to everyone around me my kids inclusive.As I was saying unless U r not in 9ja and not a chartered acct.U must know who D.O.D is as he is a figure of ICAN in Nigeria you can never miss it.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Favolly(f): 7:30pm On Sep 06, 2015
erico2k2:

what has okotie eboh got to do with ICAN? I was talking of D.O.D, meanwhile I'm using my mobile phone thank you English teacher.It might i ntrest you to k now I live where the only option I have is to speak English to everyone around me my kids inclusive.As I was saying unless U r not in 9ja and not a chartered acct.U must know who D.O.D is as he is a figure of ICAN in Nigeria you can never miss it.
Are you confused? You were trying to tell me about the achievements of some Urhobos and you talked about the first minister of finance in Nigeria. Isn't it Okotie-eboh again? Isn't he Urhobo?
At what point did D.O.D enter the matter?

Maybe you didn't quite get the sarcasm when I said Okotie eboh's name is not in ICAN syllabus. Yea, I said that because you were trying to insinuate that I may not be Urhobo or that I may not be a chartered accountant because I said I couldn't remember any such achievement at the time.

PS; If you really come from a family of chartered accountants like you claim, you should know how to spell the word. Telling me the only option you have is spoken English doesn't excuse it, you are on social media. Are you speaking English? Aren't you typing it?
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 7:40pm On Sep 06, 2015
Favolly:

Are you confused? You were trying to tell me about the achievements of some Urhobos and you talked about the first minister of finance in Nigeria. Isn't it Okotie-eboh again? Isn't he Urhobo?
At what point did D.O.D enter the matter?

Maybe you didn't quite get the sarcasm when I said Okotie eboh's name is not in ICAN syllabus. Yea, I said that because you were trying to insinuate that I may not be Urhobo or that I may not be a chartered accountant because I said I couldn't remember any such achievement at the time.

PS; If you really come from a family of chartered accountants like you claim, you should know how to spell the word. Telling me the only option you have is spoken English doesn't excuse it, you are on social media. Are you speaking English? Aren't you typing it?
nah you are getting it wrong, I said the first minister of finance in 9ja was Okotie eboh however DOD is an accountant, so i was relating him to you saying you are a chartered acct. so thats where you are misinformed,Im saying if you are urhobo and a chat acct as you said then you should know who D.O.D is .
PS.I dont need to proof read waht I type, in as much as my mesage gets accross its all good.as saying I cant spell chartered acct grin grin grin None of my siblin can change their brake pads but I can cos Im an Engineer.If i go by your analogy then cos they have a brother who is an Engineer they should know how to change their Oil filters right?
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 06, 2015
neroflo57:

Lol...u be badt girl
tongue
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by ivyT(f): 8:27pm On Sep 06, 2015
Aminat508:
Wetin be ijaw uhrobo nd isekiri? Na dance?

lolzzzz

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by EagleNest(m): 8:54pm On Sep 06, 2015
PenSniper:

You can say that again.
Nigeria will be a very peaceful, seren, progressive and loving society without the Igbos. Matter of fact, Nigeria would've been at the threshold of becoming a nation by now.

Why did you force them in Nigeria then?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Translation Of Some Edo Words / Ooni Of Ife Causes A Stir With His Exotic Ride During Visit In Osun State. PICS / Alaafin’s Ex-Wife, Queen Anu Buys New Benz, House In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.