Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,982 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Short Story: Not T Gonna Be The Stereotype! - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / Short Story: Not T Gonna Be The Stereotype! (524 Views)

Christmas Again. A Short Story Collection For Christmas / Write And Win. Join Okadabooks Short Story Competition / Write And Win. Join Okadabooks Short Story Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Short Story: Not T Gonna Be The Stereotype! by Subman39(m): 11:30pm On Sep 05, 2015
I went to the Adepojus’ place to stay the weekend as I often do when school is in session. The Adepojus are family/church friends that stay in Ilorin. I first met this wonderful family when I went with the youth fellowship of my church for the annual youths and teenagers camp. Since our church has many branches across the country, we rotate the camp location among the branches with youth fellowships in them. So Ilorin was hosting camp the year I met them. I had become acquainted with two of their children-Peace and Blessing, first and second born respectively-before finding out that one of our coordinators was their mom. I eventually got to know the rest of the family (the third and fourth children-MERCY and Victor, and their dad), and we became good friends. So that’s it about the history of our friendship. What was my original focus?-aha, yes. So whenever I’m in school, which is in Ilorin, I go to stay with them from time to time. Now, Mr. and Mrs. Adepoju are leading members of a gospel drama team. So when I went their place for the weekend, the team was working on a TV drama at the time, and the house was packed with the cast and crew. I quietly made my way to the sitting room upstairs and met victor there. We chatted for a while, and Peace later came to greet me when she heard my voice. Then I remembered a decision I had made that morning and told Peace I would come to her room later to rub minds with her over some scriptures in the bible. She said no problem. So after dinner, I made my way there. I knocked on the door of the big room Peace shared with Blessing and Mercy. “Come in!” Peace called. I opened the door and went in. Peace and Mercy were on the bigger of the two beds in the room. Blessing wasn’t in the room-she was probably downstairs. I hadn’t seen her yet. Then there was a fair skinned lady in her twenties sitting on one of the beds; she was obviously one of the cast that was staying here for the duration of the movie. I greeted her politely and went to sit beside peace and Mercy.They were both looking intently at something Peace was doing on her tab. “What’re you guys scrunching up your noses at?” Peace chuckled at the question. “Mercy wants to buy a phone, so we’re checking out the ones in online stores and sales communities.” Mercy had just graduated from Secondary school, so she could now get a phone for herself. “Oh, cool. What of Blessing?’ “She’s sleeping downstairs.” I joined them in the phone hunt, checking out the specs and prices different phones and giving them my opinions.Mercy left the room to get something. While we were doing this, someone came out from the bathroom. We both turned to see who it was. It was another young lady; dark skinned this time. And beautiful. Very beautiful. Well, not killer beautiful. But more than beautiful enough to stop you in your tracks. She looked like my age mate. “Good evening,” she greeted Peace with a smile. “Hey, good evening” Peace replied with her own smile. “How’re you now?” “I’m alright, thanks. Hi,” she said to me with a quick wave, and almost immediately turned back to Peace to say something. In that moment I quickly realized that she was the kind of girl that many, many other guys admires. That probably every guy likes. She knows what she has and knew what it does to us guys. And she would definitely be used to guys approaching her, falling all over themselves just to talk to her, trying so hard to impress her and attract her attention by acting cool and sophisticated or loud and cheery, laughing too loudly or playing too hard with their friends, exaggerated words and actions And eventually just making great fools of themselves. Few are lucky and actually pull it off well and succeed at making friends with girls like these. But very, very few. And even they end up doing the same predictable thing; asking her for her number. And I realized that if she hadn’t already written me off, then she would not hesitate to do just that if I did something stupid enough to encourage her. She had probably already accepted the possibility that I was just another guy that would do the same old thing; try to chike her. So I decided that I would not be just another guy. For the sake of respect for myself as a person, and so that I would not bore her in this place again, I would hold my peace and keep my mouth shut. So I simply said “Hi,” back and forced my gaze back to Peace’s tab “I’m not gonna be stereotyped!” I vowed to myself. So I set about the task of not doing what she might have expected; the task of not trying to talk to her. But jeez, it was hard! Next week, I’ll tell you how it all turned out-I really have to attend to other things right now, so there’s no time to type the rest of the story. So don’t miss it! And thanks for reading!
Re: Short Story: Not T Gonna Be The Stereotype! by joncom(m): 11:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
hmmm

1 Like

Re: Short Story: Not T Gonna Be The Stereotype! by Subman39(m): 12:20am On Sep 17, 2015
joncom:
hmmm
Hello there. Did you enjoy this post? Will you like to see the rest?

(1) (Reply)

I Write Quality Research Projects / To All The Boys I Ve Loved Before / I Will Write Quality Articles For Your Blog | I Do Niche Research Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.