Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. (51818 Views)

Christians, Churches And Tithes Are Not Nigeria's Underdevelopment Problems / Churches And Mosques To Pay Tax In Lagos; Land Use Charge To Be Reviewed / 10 Biblical Truths To Combat Temptation Of Lying As A Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by mine42: 3:45pm On Dec 16, 2015
jiggar:
After reading from page 1 to the last page, I have come to realize that, the devil is really bent on seeing people end up in hell.

To the OP, I must commend you for your write up, but no room for justifying some of those things you wrote.
I will not condemn or judge you, because a Christian is not allowed to judge others, and more importantly, ultimate judge resides with God and Him alone. I have come to realize that, we try to "outsmart" God, by thinking that there are loopholes in the Bible.

To the OP, you keep asking for reference in the Bible concerning masturbation, when you and I know right from the outset that, such word and so many others, are not in the Bible. Does it mean that, the act of masturbation is not a sin? Simply because, it's not in the Bible. What of pedophile, female circumcision etc? Do we justify them, because they are not in the Bible?

Finally, let me make some references in the Bible.
Lev 15:16 and 17, says much about se-men emission, without the man's own doing. If it happens, the man is declared unclean and must wash himself, before he can interact with people and His God. Point to note here is this, this was done unintentionally.
Now, imagine a person doing it intentionally? What do you think the repercussion will be?.
All in all, may God help us all, myself included. And please, no judgemental statement to anyone, if and truly, you believe in God.

Well said. Will like to make ref to some of ur point:
1. Pedophile
This world need not to be in the bible to be classified as sin or not. God backed marriage b/w two Adult. So any union b/w an adult and a child will be classified as unjust and sin . And any sexual relationship outside married is a sin.

2. Semen: LEV 15 16-17
What is your take on vs 19-23? Cos u stopped at 17.

Let look at Lev15.19-23.niv “ ‘When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening. “ ‘Anything she lies on during her period will be unclean, and anything she sits on will be unclean. Anyone who touches her bed will be unclean; they must wash their clothes and bathe with water, and they will be unclean till evening. Anyone who touches anything she sits on will be unclean; they must wash their clothes and bathe with water, and they will be unclean till evening. Whether it is the bed or anything she was sitting on, when anyone touches it, they will be unclean till evening."
May God help us all.
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by dguyindcorner(m): 6:36pm On Dec 17, 2015
ByfireByfire:

Shameless masturbators that have zero integrity telling folks that reject maturbation to repent??

Total madness!!!

Even the devil will be surprised.

What do you know about Christlikeness. Christ rebuked and punished sin both when he was in the flesh and when He was glorified. And if I go hard against your wilful obstinacy that means I'm not Christlike?

Not surprised cos its evident that you both are sworn to iniquity.

hehehe...!!!
Pls disregard this fellow calling himself Christian. You totally miss it.

From all my posts, where did you see a part where I encourage masturbation? I neither encourage nor discourage the act. I only asked you to face the issue between you and op, address the issue and stop the insult. Tell everyone reading so they can learn from you.

It really bothers me seeing people like this claiming Mr know it all, at the same time, Christian. It won't surprise me if you happen to be pastoring a church. You are devoid of the fact that you can win souls even right here in this forum. Is this how you win soul to Christ? Is this the path Christ laid down?

I won't be surprised if you come out with another insult but I won't budge because you have not sinned today, have you?
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by missjahiniekpe(f): 11:05pm On Jan 13, 2016
derecho:
hmmn,so why Matthew 5:48?
The verse didn't say you will not make heaven,.. How is it linked to what i said?
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by derecho(m): 5:43pm On Jan 14, 2016
missjahiniekpe:

The verse didn't say you will not make heaven,.. How is it linked to what i said?
Kindly READ MATTHEW 5:48 and forget about me for the moment.
Going To Heaven is a SERIOUS Business.It Took The Life Of The Son Of God to redeem us and There's Power for Holiness(John 1:12) available for every true child of God.
God Never intended you to be self-righteous neither was he joking with Matt.5:48.

"And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life."-Rev.21:27

Without HOLINESS No MAN(Be it Pastor,Grammarian,entertainer,whoever)Shall see the Lord-Heb.12:14.
Instead of you to ask for grace to please God you are trying to twist the Truth.
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by mimopel(f): 7:35pm On Jan 29, 2016
Toks2008:

You are begining to bore me.

Please forget my matter and educate people with vivid scriptural quotes and not by human phylosophy.

Thats my point.I hate hypochrisy and i know many people who do worse stuffs than even masturbating yet they front sainthood.

Just hear yourself advising someone having a natural urge to copulate to give himself to fasting and prayer ...why not start fasting and praying if you feel pressed to defecate?

Even paul adviced marriage just as i also did and for those who have the grace to subdue it can do that while those with high libido should find a way to ease of without ponographic inducement but you are here trying to form an alpha.

Im very practical and down to earth so show me from the bible where self servicing is mentioned as a sin and i will change my notion right now.

Just like addiction is bad,in like manner masturbating could be addictive...people must understand difference between bad habbit and sin so the best you can come up is to say from your perspective,masturbation is a bad habit but that does not make it a sinful habbit.

You are contradicting things....bad habbit is a sin, i practically said i awasn't going to comment on dis thread but one statement got my attention '"difference between bad habbit and sin so the best you can come up is to say from your perspective,masturbation is a bad habit but that does not make it a sinful habbit'" how can u say bad habit is not a sin?...wat is a sin den? good habits?....its just like saying amala is not yam ...doesnt make sense...every bad habbits are sin..everything dat is sin is bad. masturabate is bad wateva dont justify.....
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by mimopel(f): 7:43pm On Jan 29, 2016
[quote author=viktor01 post=40975944]Let he that thinks he stand take heed lest he fall.
The Bible says flee every appearances of evil. Where a cigarette is or a bottle of gulder appears is evil, so flee.
It's better not to eat with the Devil at all than trying to eat with him with a long spoon.
Trust me, You can't outsmart the Devil, He has lived a lot longer than you.[/quote

thank you, where u said where a cigarette or a bottle of gulder appears evil flee....if cigratte and gulder was right it will be used as a merriment or celeberation in church. but the only places u see such things are in beer parlours and clubs ungodly places dat alone is common sense

1 Like

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 29, 2016
Toks2008:
[size=13pt]3.Wearing of jewelries[/size]:

There are two separate verses in the New Testament that, at first glance, appear to teach against wearing jewelry. The first is 1 Pet 3:3 which reads,

“Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel…”

The second and very similar verse is 1 Tim 2:9 that says,

“In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array…”

But are these scriptures forbidding the use of jewelry by Christians?

A number of holiness-based Christian groups have come to that conclusion, but doing so fails to consider the numerous other passages in the Bible that actually appear to endorse the use of jewelry. In fact, many places in the Bible show that God uses jewelry as a blessing to his children.

One of the first passages in the Bible to deal with jewelry is Gen 24:47, 48 which reads,

“And I asked her, and said, whose daughter art thou? And she said, the daughter of Bethuel, Nahor's son, whom Milcah bare unto him: and I put the earring upon her face, and the bracelets upon her hands. And I bowed down my head, and worshipped the LORD, and blessed the LORD God of my master Abraham, which had led me in the right way to take my master's brother's daughter unto his son.”

Here we have a rather tender story of Abraham's servant giving jewelry to Rebekah, who was the woman God had specially chosen for Isaac. The servant then bows his head and worships God. If jewelry were sinful, his offering it as a gift to Rebekah, and then subsequently worshipping God, would be irreverent and inappropriate.

We find another such example in Gen 41:42, which says,

“And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck...”

Joseph was one of the greatest men of the Old Testament, and God blessed him greatly because of his faithfulness. In this verse, we find Joseph accepting jewelry as a gift from Pharaoh. If God forbade jewelry, undoubtedly, Joseph would have rejected this gift.

David, the man said to be after God’s own heart,1 writes in Ps 25:12,

“As an earring of gold, and an ornament of fine gold, so is a wise reprover upon an obedient ear.”

David compares gold earrings to the way an obedient ear accepts wise instruction. Surely if jewelry were a sin, David would never have made a comparison between wise behavior and something that is sinful.

The prophet Isaiah wrote in Isa 61:10,

“I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.”

Isaiah compares righteousness and salvation to a bride and bridegroom who adorn themselves with jewelry. Would Isaiah compare a sinful activity to the salvation and righteousness of God?

God, through Jeremiah, speaks of jewelry in this way:

“Can a maid forget her ornaments, or a bride her attire? Yet my people have forgotten me days without number.” (Jer 2:32)

God compares forgetting about him to a maid who forgets her jewelry. Again, if jewelry were sinful, God would never have made such a comparison.

In Ezek 16:11-13, God says that he has blessed his children with bracelets, necklaces, earrings, jewels and crowns,

“I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck. And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head. Thus wast thou decked with gold and silver; and thy raiment was of fine linen, and silk, and broidered work; thou didst eat fine flour, and honey, and oil: and thou wast exceeding beautiful, and thou didst prosper into a kingdom.”

God would not offer his children something sinful as a gift or reward.

Some may argue that God once gave and blessed the use of jewelry, but because of the vanity and disobedience of Israel, he no longer does, which is why it is forbidden in the New Testament. The problem with such an assertion is that it is not taught in the scriptures. In fact, the scriptures contradict such an idea. Luke 15:22 says,

“But the father said to his servants, bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand…”

This verse is from the parable of the Prodigal Son, given by Jesus. Surely, Jesus would not have used a sinful practice as part of his parable.

Considering the overwhelming body of evidence that God not only doesn’t condemn the use of jewelry but has actually given it as a gift to his faithful children, it cannot reasonably be stated that jewelry is a sin. In light of this, let's take another look at the verses used to support the belief that the use of jewelry is forbidden:
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla am quoting this cause u r misinterpreting some stuff during the old testament this "earings" was used to mark slaves no m not talkin about jewelries in general m talking about the earing part now m not saying puting on jewelries is a sin but using it to mark ur body/skin just in the name of fashion is! it defiles the temple(the body) baby girls are not born with piercing on their ears n they is a reason God Made It So if not God would av just said since they are a over a billion girls in this world with it lemme start making them come out with piercing on their ears!
NB:A GOOD CHRISTIAN WONT PIERCE HIS/HER BABYS EAR even if they want to they should let the child decides for herself or guild the child through the right part..

SO MANY PEOPLE ARE GOING TO GO TO HELL AND THEY WONT EVEN UNDERSTAND WHY accept ur mistake and ask for forgiveness!
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 29, 2016
Toks2008:
[size=13pt]5.Wearing trousers[/size]

Honestly sometimes I felt like asking these dumb preachers to shut up anytime they utter this nonsense “If you are a woman wearing troussy, you will go to hell” lol! Do you know they usually use that word “troussy”?

Deuteronomy 22:5 says: “A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a man put on a woman’s garment, for all who do so are an abomination to the Lord your God.”

Like many of the statutes, this law had to do with pagan customs of the time, and as we will see, does not refer to women wearing pants. The

Does Deuteronomy 22:5 forbid women from wearing pants? No, it doesn’t. In fact, even men in the Middle East through the history of the Old and New Testaments did not wear pants; they wore a robe like garment. However, there is an underlying principle that applies today. Men should dress in an appropriately masculine manner and women should dress in an appropriately feminine manner. Clothing manufacturers make pants designed for men and pants designed for women.

But lets face it,we all know that some women wear trousers in a seductive manner and some wear jeggins as they call it or body tight that reveals their curves provocatively and we don’t need a preacher to tell us this is not right. If you need to wear a tight trousers then wear a top that covers your buttocks so that you wil not cause others to sin and you will also appear decent.

Wearing trouser as a lady in a decent manner is sinless but when you cross the line then you and I know that is a sinful act.
yes yes yes the bible said wearing what belongs to a man is a sin but the bible also said in the new testament that women shouldn't were something that'll show the shape of their body this is to prevent sinning from men that'll lok at them and also the body us the temple of the lord so if a girl wears a trouser that is tight it's a sin! if she wears a skirt thats tight its a sin! and we all know that to find a trouser thats not tight for Lady's or that dies not clearly show their backsyd is impossible which brings us back to wearing of trouser is a sin! lets stop decieving ourself!
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 29, 2016
Toks2008:
[size=13pt]6.Polygamy[/size]

Polygamy was not specifically stated as sin in the bible but lets take a look at some Biblical references which to me makes polygamy unacceptable to GOD making it a sin.

In Matt. 19:4 we are told by Jesus that God created one “male and [one] female” and joined them in marriage. Mark 10:6-8:"But from the beginning of the creation, God 'made them male and female.' 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, 'and the two shall become one flesh'; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh.
The two as one is the pattern on how marriage was to be conducted from the start. NOT three or four as one.

Eve was taken from Adams body and given back to him as his wife (singular) showing God’s approval of what the marriage union is to be like. God always spoke of man's “wife,” as singular, not wives. Notice it also states one father one mother.

It wasn’t until sin made man fall (Gen. 4:23) that polygamy occurs. Cain was cursed, Lamech is a descendent of Cain and the first to practice polygamy. The first time polygamous relationship is found in the Bible is with a thriving rebellious society in sin; when a murderer named “Lamech [a descendant of Cain] took for himself two wives” (Gen.4:19, 23).

The same Godly pattern of one man and one wife is lived by Noah. At the time of the Ark (Gen. 7:7), Noah took his one wife into the ark, all his son’s took one wife; God called Noah’s family righteous and pure. If polygamy were ordained of God, it would have made sense that Noah and his sons would have taken additional wives with them to repopulate the earth faster from the cataclysm.

But if we remove human philosophy,i still maintain that there is no part in the bible that specifically states that polygamy is a sin but i will not advice anyman to indulge in it due to its ugly complexities.
yeaj its not a sin but it leads to sin! so why endulge in it??
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 29, 2016
Toks2008:
[size=13pt]7.Self servicing[/size]

Self servicing is a rather complex matter.

The Bible is totally silent about this matter but then I always ask; when you masturbate, what do you think about? This is where the complexity sets in.

I really don’t think a single man or woman wil be thinking about a football game or a tractor when self servicing but probably about someone who he or she is not really married to which makes it lusting which translates to sin..

Married people who self service thinking about their hubby or wives may really be practicing a sinless act but I believe it will be unwholesome to self service thinking about an illicit sexual act.

Nevertheless, this subject remains one with strong debate where some believe that as long as actual sexual intercourse is not involved, it is sinless and harmless but this is my take on the matter.
The bible aint silent about it read ur old testament any act of arousing one self is a sin its there in ur bible! i think its amoung all those subcomandements
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 29, 2016
Toks2008:
[size=13pt]4.Wearing an attachment and covering of the head[/size]

The same scriptures for jewelry wearings also applies here

Your adornment must not be merely external—braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses;but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God. (1 Peter 3:3-5)

As I quoted in the scripture above, there is no sin at all if you decorate yourself from head to toe with gold but the Bible made us understand that we should not just be concerned about this act but also make sure we enmesh ourselves with GODLY virtues so enjoy wearing your jewelries while keeping in mind the need to uphold GODLY virtues

I always marvel at the taught that wearing an attachment will take you to hell and I honestly have not found one verse in the scripture suggesting this so I don’t really need to waste time on this issue. You can beautify your hair anyway you like and that has got nothing to do with been saved or making heaven.

Concerning the covering of head in church or when praying
, many churches are so myopic about this because the very passage in the bible they usually quote stated clearly that the long hair of a woman is a covering to her head and this simply means that if you are a lady with a low cut,it is expedient to cover your head but if you have long hairs i guess that itself is a covering to your head. Lets read this together.

13Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him, [size=16pt]15but if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her? For her hair is given to her for a covering[/size]. 16But if one is inclined to be contentious, we have no other practice, nor have the churches of God. 1 Corinthians 11:13-16
wearing attachment is not a sin but wearing it to church is! even though u cover ur head b4 entering the church it still is a big disrespect to God n its holy ground/temple
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Toks2008(m): 7:53am On Jan 30, 2016
Lilbrown007:
wearing attachment is not a sin but wearing it to church is! even though u cover ur head b4 entering the church it still is a big disrespect to God n its holy ground/temple

@ Embolden...Please i will suggest you take up stand up comedy as a vocation..You will do extremely well in it.
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by activelyA(f): 5:12pm On Jan 30, 2016
Toks2008:

It is one thing to argue and another to discuss issues for the benefit of others to learn.

NEWS FLASH...i gave my life to christ 27years ago when some people reading this were not yet born.

Im fully grounded in christ with the full baptism of the holy ghost so please put to rest your erroneous belief of the new age thing cos im as old fashioned as you can think of.

Talking about making analysis over masturbation i must state clearly that i have never whanked in my life and yes sometimes as human i fantacize been single but you must understand that this discussion is not about both of us but for others to learn..

Sexual feeling is as normal as the feeling of tiredness,sleep,defecating and urinating.

Lets stop leading people to hell by making life hard for them.Lets say it as it is...if your passion is high please get married as Paul adviced and because of the economy situation people cant marry as fast as they want but this does not stop hard on from happening or a lady from getting Hot.

Please lets not allow hypochrisy to be the order of the day.If you are single and feeling Hot try to control it but if you can please jerk it off and be at peace rather than fall into actual fornication.

I must only warn that addiction to all form of habbits is the problem here so be careful not to get carried away..and get married to avoid burning with pasion.
As regards this...I have got the following questions for you
1. What church do you attend?
2. What was the sign you received or experienced when you met with the Holy Ghost?
3. Do you believe in once saved, ever saved?
4. Do you hear from God?
5. If yes, how?
6. Concerning your arguments or as you tagged it, discussions....can you categorically say the Holy Spirit is speaking to you to tell us these?
7. 27 years in the fold, if you practice christainity, how many have you brought to the fold
Bonus question...were you at any point in your 27years as a christain, a deeper life member?
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Toks2008(m): 5:44pm On Jan 30, 2016
activelyA:

As regards this...I have got the following questions for you
1. What church do you attend?
2. What was the sign you received or experienced when you met with the Holy Ghost?
3. Do you believe in once saved, ever saved?
4. Do you hear from God?
5. If yes, how?
6. Concerning your arguments or as you tagged it, discussions....can you categorically say the Holy Spirit is speaking to you to tell us these?
7. 27 years in the fold, if you practice christainity, how many have you brought to the fold
Bonus question...were you at any point in your 27years as a christain, a deeper life member?

Ma bimi ni post ume question cos all these are inconseqyential to me but if you insinst,ask google.
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by activelyA(f): 5:48pm On Jan 30, 2016
Toks2008:

Ma bimi ni post ume question cos all these are inconseqyential to me but if you insinst,ask google.
Lol...
Your reply clearly shows how much of a ceremonial christain you have been
Beware of apostasy brotherly...
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Toks2008(m): 5:54pm On Jan 30, 2016
activelyA:
Lol... Your reply clearly shows how much of a ceremonial christain you have been Beware of apostasy brotherly...
I bind every online monitoring spirits from me in Jesus christ name...Amen
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by activelyA(f): 5:58pm On Jan 30, 2016
Toks2008:

I bind every online monitoring spirits from me in Jesus christ name...Amen

grin
Its not about you l, its about God

Met a lot of christains like you and they end up answering yes to that ky bonus question.
Well, your Christianity, your Christ, your business
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 01, 2016
Toks2008:

@ Embolden...Please i will suggest you take up stand up comedy as a vocation..You will do extremely well in it.
lol why do u xay that i dont understand cause i ment wearing attachement and covering the hair to church...
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by oaroloye(m): 6:36pm On Feb 10, 2017
[size=32pt]SHALOM![/size]

. MATTHEW 7:1-6.

"JUDGE not, that ye be not judged.
2. "For with what judgment ye judge,
ye shall be judged:
and with what measure ye mete,
it shall be measured to you again.
3. "And why beholdest thou the mote
that is in thy brother's eye,
but considerest not the beam
that is in thine own eye?
4. "Or how wilt thou say to thy brother,

'LET ME PULL OUT THE MOTE
OUT OF THINE EYE;'

and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5. "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam
out of thine own eye;
and then shalt thou see clearly
to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6. "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet,
and turn again and rend you."

YOU SEEM TO SUFFER FROM THE MALADY CALLED "SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS," (which is a misnomer- but everyone seems to understand what it means,) AND EEK TO CORRECT OTHERS, WITHOUT CORRECTING YOURSELF FIRST, SO THAT YOU CAN SEE CLEARLY TO CORRECT OTHERS.

That said: IT IS YOUR DUTY to correct your Brethren when you catch them Sinning.

. LEVITICUS 19:17-18.

17. "Thou shalt not hate thy brother
in thine heart:
thou shalt in any wise
rebuke thy Neighbour,
and not suffer Sin upon him.
18. "Thou shalt not avenge,
nor bear any grudge
against the Children of thy People,
but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself:
I (am) The LORD."

. MATTHEW 18:15-17.

15. "Moreover if thy Brother shall trespass against thee,
go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone:
if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy Brother.
16. "But if he will not hear thee,
then take with thee one or two more,
that in the mouth of two or three witnesses
every word may be established.
17. "And if he shall neglect to hear them,
tell it unto the Church:
but if he neglect to hear the Church,
let him be unto thee as an Heathen man and a publican."

THE FIRST REFUGE OF THE HYPOCRITE IS TO ACCUSE THE PERSON WHO CORRECTS THEM OF BEING A SINNER, ALSO.

If we can only be corrected by someone who is perfect, we will never be corrected.

If we are in the wrong, it is our DUTY to REPENT INSTANTLY.

A person who refuses to is not someone Christians need to accept as fellow Brethren.

. MATTHEW 15:1-14.

THEN came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees,
which were of Jerusalem,
saying,
2. “Why do thy Disciples transgress the Tradition of the Elders?
For they wash not their hands when they eat bread.”
3. But he answered and said unto them,
“Why do ye also transgress
The Commandment of God by your Tradition?
4. “For God Commanded, saying,

'HONOUR THY FATHER AND MOTHER:'

and,

'HE THAT CURSETH FATHER OR MOTHER,
LET HIM DIE THE DEATH.'

5. “But ye say,

'WHOSOEVER SHALL SAY TO HIS FATHER OR HIS MOTHER,
IT IS A GIFT, BY WHATSOEVER THOU
MIGHTEST BE PROFITED BY ME;
6. 'AND HONOUR NOT HIS FATHER OR HIS MOTHER,
HE SHALL BE FREE.'

“Thus have ye made The Commandment of God
of none effect by your Tradition.
7. "Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias Prophesy of you, saying,

8. 'THIS PEOPLE DRAWETH NIGH UNTO ME
WITH THEIR MOUTH,
AND HONOURETH ME WITH THEIR LIPS;
BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR FROM ME.
9. 'BUT IN VAIN THEY DO WORSHIP ME,
TEACHING FOR DOCTRINES
THE COMMANDMENTS OF MEN.' "

10. And he called the multitude, and said unto them,
Hear, and understand:

11. 'NOT THAT WHICH
GOETH INTO THE MOUTH
DEFILETH A MAN;
BUT THAT WHICH COMETH
OUT OF THE MOUTH,
THIS DEFILETH A MAN.'

12. Then came his Disciples,
and said unto him,
"Knowest thou
that the Pharisees were offended,
after they heard this Saying?"
13. But he answered and said,
"Every plant,
which my Heavenly Father
hath not planted,
shall be rooted up.
14. "Let them alone:
they be blind leaders of the blind.
And if the blind lead the blind,
both shall fall into the ditch."

THOSE CONCERNED WITH OUTWARD APPEARANCES KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

What comes out of the heart is important- not what touches the body.

If someone is not interested in the 10 Spiritual Goals of The Gospel:

1. TOTAL RECALL.
2. EXTRASENSORY PERCEPTION.
3. TELEKINESIS.
4. TELEPORTATION.
5. TRANSLATION.
6-10. EVERLASTING LIFE.

They are nothing but worthless garbage, who will not even qualify to go to HELL, let alone HEAVEN.

The DEVILS who guide them will EAT their Souls when they die!

What are you talking about here?

1. Smoking is not a sin but the question is what do you smoke into your body? If there is something else that is not harmful to your body which is the temple of GOD,if only there is something else to smoke that will not damage your organs then you can smoke your way into the Kingdom of GOD but as long as you smoke in harmful substances that damage your organs or brain then this is regarded as a sinful habit and must be stoped before it takes you to hell.

The most renowned BAPTIST Preacher, CHARLES HADDON SPURGEON was a smoker.

There was this WILLIAM BRANHAM follower- Alex something- he used to go on and on about this guy.

I mentioned to him that he was a Smoker- and he immediately decamped from being his admirer, and dumped this perfectly good book of his collected sermons on me! This was a pretty good book- I still have it, after about 30 years, now- but I have never read it.

But suddenly, this Brother no longer respected Charles Spurgeon, because of ONE THING he happened to HEAR about him.

All of his Sermons became worthless to him, because I told him that I had heard that he was a smoker.

(There was no Internet those days, so one could not just GOOGLE it.)

I found that disturbing at the time.

SMOKING IS HARMFUL- to those who CAN be harmed.

What does THE BIBLE say about SIN?

. DEUTERONOMY 12:32.

32. What thing soever I Command you,
observe to do it:
thou shalt not add thereto,
nor diminish from it.

. 1st JOHN 3:4.

4. Whosoever committeth Sin
transgresseth also The Law:
for Sin is the Transgression of The Law.

ONLY BREAKING THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD IS A SIN.

The only TWO persons AUTHORIZED to DEFINE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD that are BINDING on ALL Mankind are MOSES and YAHSHUA.

We DON'T have to live by what OTHER Bible Speakers say.

There are all these ILLEGITIMATES who MAKE STUFF UP to BIND their victims.

Listening to them IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

God is NOT going to judge you based on THEIR Commandments, but based on HIS OWN.

What is GOD'S COMMANDMENT concerning TOBACCO and MARIJUANA?

. GENESIS 1:26-31.

26. And God said,
"Let us make Man in Our Image, after Our Likeness:
and let them have Dominion over the Fish of the Sea,
and over the Fowl of the Air, and over the Cattle,
and over all the Earth,
and over every Creeping Thing
that Creepeth upon the Earth.
27. So God created Man in His Own Image,
in The Image of God created He him;
male and female created He them.
28. And God Blessed them,
and God said unto them,
"Be fruitful, and multiply,
and replenish the Earth,
and subdue It:
and have Dominion over the Fish of the Sea,
and over the Fowl of the Air,
and over every Living Thing
that moveth upon the Earth.
29. And God said,
"Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed,
which is upon the Face of all the Earth,
and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed;
to you it shall be for meat.
30. "And to every beast of the Earth,
and to every fowl of the air,
and to every thing that creepeth upon the Earth,
wherein there is life,
I have given every green herb for meat:
and it was so."
31. And God saw every thing that He had made,
and, behold, it was very good.
And the evening and the morning were the sixth day."

ACCORDING TO DIVINE LAW WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO EAT ANYTHING THAT HAS SEEDS ON IT.

You cannot "GO TO HELL" for using what GOD AUTHORIZED us to use.

. HYPOCRISY 6:66.

66. And The LORD Said,

[color=#006600]'DEPART FROM ME, YE CURSED,
INTO EVERLASTING FIRE.
FOR THOU HAST COMMITTED SMOKERY,
THOU HAST DONE SNIFFERY!
AND THOU HAST BOOZED THYSELF!
ALL THE GOOD WORKS THOU HAST DONE
IS NOW FORGOTTEN AS IF IT NEVER WAS;
INDULGING IN THESE SUBSTANCES
NOT EVEN MENTIONED IN MY BOOK,
SHALL BE WHAT THOU SHALT BE
EVER REMEMBERED FOR!' "

FORTUNATELY, this book is not going to be used on Judgment Day!

[size=32pt]2. ALCOHOL INTAKE.[/size]

Although the Bible never says that alcohol itself is sinful, it does say many times that drunkenness is a sin. God says, "Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit." (Ephesians 5:6) In fact, there are many verses in the Bible which speak out against drunkenness.

JUST BECAUSE "THE BIBLE" SPEAKS OUT AGAINST SOMETHING, THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT A SIN.

. GALATIANS 1:6-14.

6. I marvel that ye are
so soon removed from him
that called you into the Grace of Christ
unto another Gospel:
7. Which is not another;
but there be some that trouble you,
and would pervert The Gospel of Christ.
8. But though we,
or an Angel from Heaven,
preach any other Gospel unto you
than that which we have preached unto you,
let him be accursed.
9. As we said before, so say I now again,

"IF ANY MAN PREACH ANY OTHER GOSPEL
UNTO YOU THAN THAT YE HAVE RECEIVED,
LET HIM BE ACCURSED."

10. For do I now persuade men, or God?
Or do I seek to please men?
For if I yet pleased men,
I should not be the Servant of Christ.
11. But I certify you, Brethren,
that the Gospel which was preached of me
is not after Man.
12. For I neither received it of Man,
neither was I taught It,
but by the Revelation of Jesus Christ.
13. For ye have heard of my conversation
in time past in the Jews' Religion,
how that beyond measure
I persecuted the Church of God,
and wasted It:
14. And profited in the Jews' Religion
above many my equals
in mine own nation,
being more exceedingly zealous
of the Traditions of my Fathers.

LOOK AT WHO IS SPEAKING OUT.

Paul the Pharisee- the man who hunted down every Jewish and Hebrew Christian who was going to preach THE TRUE GOSPEL Yahshua Preached- THE ONLY GOSPEL GOD AUTHORIZED-

. MATTHEW 24:14,35.

14. "And This Gospel of The Kingdom
shall be preached in all the World
for a witness unto all nations;
and then shall The End come."
35. "Heaven and Earth shall pass away,
but my Words shall not pass away."

PAUL, HAVING KILLED HUNDREDS INTO THOUSANDS OF SUCH BRETHREN, THEN ANNOUNCED HIS NEW GOSPEL- WHICH HE TOTALLY MADE UP FROM PHARISEE TEACHINGS YAHSHUA HAD CONDEMNED.

Nobody looks at THAT- instead, PAUL tells them how to HATE their Brethren who DRINK ALCOHOL, by telling them that THEY ARE MORE RIGHTEOUS, because they DON'T do the things HE SAYS are AGAINST THE KINGDOM OF GOD- meanwhile, HE HAS SABOTAGED THE KINGDOM OF GOD with his FAKE GOSPEL.

. MATTHEW 28:16-20.

16. Then the eleven Disciples went away into Galilee,
into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
17. And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
18. And Jesus came and spake unto them,
saying,
"All Power is given unto me
in Heaven and in Earth.
19. "Go ye therefore,
and Teach all nations,
baptizing them
in The Name of the Father,
and of the Son,
and of the Holy Ghost:
20. "Teaching them to observe
all things whatsoever I have Commanded you:
and, lo, I am with you alway,
even unto The End of The World." Amen.

. MARK 16:14-20.

14. Afterward he appeared unto the Eleven
as they sat at meat,
and upbraided them with their Unbelief
and hardness of heart,
because they believed not
them which had seen him
after he was risen.
15. And he said unto them,
"Go ye into all the World,
and preach The Gospel
to every creature.
16. "He that believeth
and is baptized shall be Saved;
but he that believeth not
shall be damned.
17. "And these Signs
shall follow them that Believe;

'IN MY NAME SHALL THEY
CAST OUT DEVILS;
THEY SHALL SPEAK WITH NEW TONGUES;
18. "THEY SHALL TAKE UP SERPENTS;
AND IF THEY DRINK ANY DEADLY THING,
IT SHALL NOT HURT THEM;
THEY SHALL LAY HANDS ON THE SICK,
AND THEY SHALL RECOVER.' "

19. So then after the Lord had spoken unto them,
he was received up into Heaven,
and sat on The Right Hand of God.
20. And they went forth,
and preached every where,
The Lord working with them,
and confirming The Word with Signs following.
Amen.

THESE ARE THE LORD'S INSTRUCTIONS PAUL NEVER WANTED US TO EVER SEE.

They prove that PAUL'S GOSPEL is NOT AUTHORIZED.

THAT is what Christians should be focussing on- not the superficial Pharisee False Doctrine.

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by oaroloye(m): 6:40pm On Feb 10, 2017
[size="32pt"]3.Wearing of jewelries[/size]

How dare they talk about Jewelry and Plaiting, when they were depriving The CHURCH of YAHSHUA'S TRUE TEACHINGS, and substituting lies!

[size=32pt]4.Wearing an attachment and covering of the head[/size]

If this was important, why didn't MOSES mention it?

WHY is it important for Women to cover up?

"BECAUSE OF THE ANGELS," Paul says.

What about the Angels?

What has a woman's head got to do with Angels?

. 1st CORINTHIANS 11:10.[/u]

10. For this cause ought the woman
to have power on her head because of the Angels.

DID PAUL THINK THAT IF ANGELS SAW A WOMAN'S BARE HEAD, THEY WOULD GO CRAZY AND RAPE THEM?

The Pharisees used to turn their faces to the wall, if a pretty woman were coming down the street- because they could not control themselves.

[size=32pt]5.Wearing trousers[/size]

. [i]EXODUS 20:24-26.[/u]

24. "An Altar of earth thou shalt make unto Me,
and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings,
and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen:
in all places where I record My Name
I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.
25. "And if thou wilt make me an Altar of stone,
thou shalt not build it of hewn stone:
for if thou lift up thy tool upon it,
thou hast polluted it.
26. "Neither shalt thou go up by steps unto Mine Altar,
that thy unclothedness be not discovered thereon."

KENNETH E. HAGIN OBSERVED IN ONE OF HIS BOOKS (maybe it was GROWING UP SPIRITUALLY?) that in Ancient Times, the MEN wore SKIRTS, while the it was the WOMEN who wore trousers.

Well, we don't live in Ancient Israel.

We have clothes that make sense in the countries we live in.

[size=32pt]6.Polygamy[/size]

I am the son of my father's third wife- the other two still being alive.

Anyone telling me that I ought to have been aborted or something may learn what my knuckles taste like.

There are people who join churches, and were told that they had to divorce all of their wives, and just keep the one.

How does it get any more insane than that?

[size=32pt]7.Self servicing[/size]

Concerning this subject: since it is not in The Bible at all, why do people have to add it?

CONTROL.

This is for undermining Self-Esteem, to reduce people to a controllable state.

Who has the right to ask you whether you... service your... hardware or software... or whatever you want to call it.

This technique comes from ROMAN CATHOLICISM.

If you have NEVER HEARD OF CERTAIN SINS, the PRIEST will DELIBERATELY TELL YOU, so that you will THINK about it, and be TEMPTED, and then DO them- and COME UNDER CONDEMNATION- so that THEY WILL CONTROL YOU FOR EVER.

That is what this stuff is all about.

MIND CONTROL THROUGH GUILT.

"NEVER GIVE SOMEONE A STICK WITH WHICH TO BEAT YOU!" - Frank Herbert.

[size=13pt]8.Pornography[/size]

JUST BECAUSE YOU SEE SOMEONE HAVING SEX, YOU SHOULD NOT BE MOVED TO DESIRE SEX.

KENNETH E. HAGIN reached a stage in his Spiritual Development where he could dissociate from his Physical Body, and go elsewhere, and observe things. As a young Pastor, he was preaching a sermon, and left the church- still preaching, not convulsing, nor babbling in Tongues, nor any such nonsense.

There was a young girl- it is implied that he was interested in her- who was supposed to have come to the church, instead, he saw her get into a car with a young man, so he joined them. They drove off somewhere, parked, and had sex in the front seats of the car, while he sat in the back seat, watching them!

Later, they drove back to the church, just as he was finishing up.

The girl met him, and apologized that she had not been present for his sermon.

He dryly replied that he knew that she had not been in church that morning!

Anyone who has followed the PENTECOSTAL FULL GOSPEL MOVEMENT from the 1947 Revivals to the present, will know how they wasted everyone's time on garbage teachings, while ignoring important Knowledge as this.

The American Military/Intelligence has spent MILLIONS of Dollars trying to MASTER and WEAPONIZE this Ability: they call it "REMOTE VIEWING."

When you acquire THE SECOND TALENT OF POWER, you will HAVE TO SEE other people's innermost Secrets.

That includes THEIR SEX LIVES.

THE HOLY GHOST will show you EVERY instance of a person's SEXUAL ENCOUNTERS in the course of CLEARING THEIR LIVES- and you have to OBSERVE EVERYTHING- and then FORGET IT.

Much of Pornography is NOT what it looks like.

The professional stuff is a HUGE undertaking with technical staff, makeup crews, directors, producers- NONE OF WHOM ARE HAVING "FUN"- no matter how big their smiles are. This is a JOB, which they have to work through- and if they get it wrong, they may run broke!

THE SECRET OF SIN IS THAT TEMPTATION IS A SPIRITUAL FORCE.

Maybe you think you knew that.

Spiritual Force is resisted by WILLPOWER.

Maybe you think that you knew THAT, too?

But did you also know that THE POWER OF TEMPTATION IS LIMITED- but HUMAN WILLPOWER IS [i]UNLIMITED?

If you are TEMPTED to break "THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY," you can DOUBLE you willpower to RESIST the Temptation.

But SATAN cannot DOUBLE the Power of his TEMPTATION.

He can change things, like the availability, or the number of opportunities to Sin- but he CANNOT make the Sin MORE ATTRACTIVE- he is STUCK at THAT Power Level. But WE can SURPASS it.

Therefore, after a certain point in our Spiritual Development, ALL TEMPTATIONS appear THE SAME- and all EQUALLY BORING.

Therefore CHILDREN OF GOD CANNOT SIN.

Attaining this state is what is important.

All these EXTERNAL POLISHINGS of the RAILINGS of THE TITANIC are NOT important!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures From Bishop Oyedepo's Daughter's Wedding / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam / Another COZA Video Released Ahead Of Program After Controversial Davido Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.