Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,798 members, 7,802,554 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain (25676 Views)

Expect Improved Power Supply In 2017 – Fashola / ‘ Why There Is Improved Power Supply’ - Acting MD YEDC / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by oba2flex(m): 7:07am On Sep 06, 2015
Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable - NUEE

The National Union of Electricity Employees (NUEE) has claimed that the improved power generation currently experienced by Nigerians is not likely sustainable.
Joe Ajaero, the body general secretary, provided the reasons for the improvements and explained why the things would soon get back to the previous point. He was quoted as saying by Vanguard:

“During this time of the year, there is always a slight improvement in power supply because of the rise in water level. That is, the lake goes up and hydro power stations generate more power. Second is the Buhari factor which has made operator to sit up and added to that, before now, the gas pipelines were usually vandalized.

“We suspect it may be in collaboration by some highly placed individuals who award contracts for the pipelines to be repaired which runs into billions of Naira. If the pipelines are vandalized and the contracts are awarded for repairs, almost every two months, it is big money for them. I think that because of the fear that those who engaged in the business may be caught, for now there is relative peace and the gas pipelines are delivering gas to the power plants.

READ ALSO: Group Insist Buhari Has Kept His London Promises

“But we fear the current power situation may not be sustainable. Once the rainy season ends and the water level drops, there will be problem. Again, today all power being generated is being pumped into the system, there is no reserve in case of any break down, and there is no reserve in case of maintenance and so on. We ought to have reserve for emergencies. Sadly, we do not have that at the moment.”

It should be noted that improvement in power generation has been attributed to the successful performance of President Muhammadu Buhari in his first 100 days in office. Several groups and some individuals have commended the presidency for having fulfilled one of its elections campaign promises.
https://www.naij.com/541985-improved-power-supply-not-sustainable-electricity-employees-explain.html

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by okosodo: 7:09am On Sep 06, 2015
everybody is saying power supply has improved, but in benin its worse than it used to be

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by fromnigeria(m): 7:11am On Sep 06, 2015
Like china phone.

Btw: the part of edo i reside seem not to be part of Nigeria. Sometimes i forget say i still de Nigeria.
#TheIsAlwaysLight.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by warrior01: 7:16am On Sep 06, 2015
The truth gradually coming out. When they finish deceiving themselves about the uselessness of this current government, then, we can now reason on how to move this nation forward. So far the country has been on stand-still with the emergence of Buhari who is busy with stifling any form of opposition in the guise of fighting corruption

105 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by oba2flex(m): 7:20am On Sep 06, 2015
Hmmmnnn....so the improvement is not all because of BUHARI

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by EasternLion: 7:22am On Sep 06, 2015
Terrorist in chief, you see your life?.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by dulaman: 7:25am On Sep 06, 2015
Guys above.
Don't you see the part he say the fear of buhari has made those in charge to sit up. No more gas vandalisation,no gas diverting, no more fake pipe repair contract every quarter.

128 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by CSTR2: 7:30am On Sep 06, 2015

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by Obrigardo: 7:31am On Sep 06, 2015
oba2flex:
Hmmmnnn....so the improvement is not all because of BUHARI

For sure, Because Buhari is not the Dam or body of water to propel those machines to generate Power. You guys don't read!

Second is the Buhari factor which has made
operator to sit up and added to that, before
now, the gas pipelines were usually vandalized.
“We suspect it may be in collaboration by some
highly placed individuals who award contracts
for the pipelines to be repaired which runs into
billions of Naira. If the pipelines are vandalized
and the contracts are awarded for repairs,
almost every two months, it is big money for
them. I think that because of the fear that those
who engaged in the business may be caught, for
now there is relative peace and the gas pipelines
are delivering gas to the power plants.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by obo389(m): 8:04am On Sep 06, 2015
nonsense credible source.
when last did Nigeria used her dams for power generation? it only uses those dams as supplements IF there is shortage or insufficient gas supply into our power plants which they are all currently been powered by LNG(currently like 8 power plants).
exceptional cases may arise due to maybe sabotage like pipeline vandalism or equipment failure on the part of the GENCOS or Companies supplying LNG.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by laurel03(m): 9:14am On Sep 06, 2015
Nothing do 9ja light jare... Na corruption

17 Likes

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by YurFatHer: 9:14am On Sep 06, 2015
What abt maintaining, no be only sustaining ooo.

1 Like

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by ifoundmyperfect: 9:14am On Sep 06, 2015
They better make it sustainable...
Make dem go learn from other developed or nearby developing countries that has overcome this problem or irregular power supply and stop giving us hogwash of rise/fall of water level, gas pipeline vandalization or buhari factor...
Few days ago, I read dey want to increase bill. They are hell bent on frustrating the frustrated masses.... #lazyminds

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by lekjons(m): 9:14am On Sep 06, 2015
dulaman:
Guys above.
Don't you see the part he say the fear of buhari has made those in charge to sit up. No more gas vandalisation,no gas diverting, no more fake pipe repair contract every quarter.
maybe the op wrote that part in french, so they didn't understand it undecided

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by MadCow1: 9:14am On Sep 06, 2015
That must mean that all the Energy we are using now is coming from;

1. Kainji
2. Shiroro
3. And Jebba Dams.

I don't believe it.

Buhari should take whoever said this Shiit' name down for the next round of sacking. angry

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by buzquet(m): 9:14am On Sep 06, 2015
Who tell dis mumu source say naija dey use dam for power generation? Thank God am not gullible anymore, thanks to PMB

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by dammytosh: 9:14am On Sep 06, 2015
We hear.

Black out is sustainable

2 Likes

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by cana882(m): 9:14am On Sep 06, 2015
Gh
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by kennyddonn(m): 9:15am On Sep 06, 2015
I don't even know what to write....
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by Perfectwazobia: 9:15am On Sep 06, 2015
This is serious
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by otijah(m): 9:15am On Sep 06, 2015
The truth be told
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by kennyman2000(m): 9:15am On Sep 06, 2015
HMmmmmmmmmm..
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by Timoleon(m): 9:15am On Sep 06, 2015
ok
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by coldsummer: 9:15am On Sep 06, 2015
I saw this coming.

1 Like

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by adesegun121(m): 9:16am On Sep 06, 2015
Ok
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by loomer: 9:16am On Sep 06, 2015
We know na, when rain stops, power go follow am

1 Like

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by afuye(m): 9:16am On Sep 06, 2015
Bihari my mentor
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by moscobabs(m): 9:17am On Sep 06, 2015
is now 5 days here in Ijoko, I haven't experience this since I was born 32yrs ago ...Phcn never take light. what else ?

sai Buhari

38 Likes

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by haibe(m): 9:17am On Sep 06, 2015
Omg let it be permanent pls... I have light for 23 hours a day on average for the past few weeks now

14 Likes

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by eph12(m): 9:17am On Sep 06, 2015
Of course it is if steady maintenance is carried out.
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by haibe(m): 9:17am On Sep 06, 2015
moscobabs:
is now 5 days here in ijoko ...Phcn never take light. what else ?
wow... when I thought I was enjoying here in ikorordu oo

6 Likes

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by missKiffy(f): 9:19am On Sep 06, 2015
It is well, let's enjoy it while it last, good to hear an employee of PHCN mentioning the Buhari factor unlike wailers that are saying it's GEJ's achievement

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Reacts To Atiku's Resignation, Warns Buhari "Beware Of The Cabal" / Borno Attack: Zulum Ignored Intelligence - Dennis Amakiri, Ex-DSS Boss / Okorocha Builds N48m Skill Acquisition Centre At Karamajiji In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.