Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,750 members, 7,802,298 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? (1645 Views)

Mad Man 'healed' By Salvation Ministry Is Back To The Street - Freeze Reacts / Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife / Your Ministry Or Husband, Which Is More Important (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by oloriooko(m): 7:52am On Sep 06, 2015
A true life story

this guy or as he's called pastor, is torn between who should be his more treasured; his ministry (as claimed by him saying God called him) or his wife whom he loves so much.

now his wife is bitterly complaining of neglect as he's mostly busy running the ministry.

I want to know views of you guys

hit like if the ministry is more important or
hit share if you think the wife is more important.
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by delishpot: 7:57am On Sep 06, 2015
He should go and read his bible again. He will see how his God adviced husbands to treat their wives.
If he cant run a happy and peaceful home he has no business running a church.

2 Likes

Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by SirHouloo(m): 8:01am On Sep 06, 2015
Can 2 walk together unless they agreed? He wouldn't have experienced any issue if they are both serving the Lord. His wife first anyway, na im cross be dat.
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by oloriooko(m): 8:37am On Sep 06, 2015
delishpot:
He should go and read his bible again. He will see how his God adviced husbands to treat their wives.
If he cant run a happy and peaceful home he has no business running a church.

so to you the wife is more important?
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by oloriooko(m): 8:38am On Sep 06, 2015
SirHouloo:
Can 2 walk together unless they agreed? He wouldn't have experienced any issue if they are both serving the Lord. His wife first anyway, na im cross be dat.

the wife is more important?
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by kolaitan(m): 8:40am On Sep 06, 2015
Both are important.
BUT the family come first. The spiritual life (believe, faith, vision, mission, prayer, bible study, dressing etc) of his wife have to improve to the level that they can work together. If not, the family (wife, children) will be the one that will wreck his ministry.

He should learn to balance both. i.e raise the standard of his family to his spiritual level. If not at the pursuit of his ministry, he will loss his family and attempt to bring them back, he will loss his ministry if care is not taking.
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by delishpot: 8:49am On Sep 06, 2015
oloriooko:

To God his wife is more important. Even the bible said if you are in Gods house and you remember that your friend or brother or family has issues with you, halt your worship and go amd seek peace. Unity within family abd friends is very important to God. like I said he should read his bible again aftereall I was told its Gods own word. so, if God says she is important then its not my own oppinion. Its not "to me" its to the God he claims to be serving that says husbands and wives are important to each other.
Will God himself tell that pastor to neglect his wife's feelings or Will God encourage him to spend more time with her and lovinly draw her into the calling? Or will he say shun her and just do what you want to do as long as you are preaching about heaven?
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by oloriooko(m): 9:05am On Sep 06, 2015
kolaitan:
Both are important.
BUT the family come first. The spiritual life (believe, faith, vision, mission, prayer, bible study, dressing etc) of his wife have to improve to the level that they can work together. If not, the family (wife, children) will be the one that will wreck his ministry.

He should learn to balance both. i.e raise the standard of his family to his spiritual level. If not at the pursuit of his ministry, he will loss his family and attempt to bring them back, he will loss his ministry if care is not taking.

so the wife is number 1?
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by kolaitan(m): 9:17am On Sep 06, 2015
oloriooko:

so the wife is number 1?

YES Without his wife, the ministry will no go far.
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by oloriooko(m): 11:34am On Sep 06, 2015
kolaitan:

YES Without his wife, the ministry will no go far.
hmmmmmm
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by Princewell2012(m): 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2015
You see, you have asked a very controversial question.

And having know this, is the reason why we are having problem in our ministry.

You must choose between one.

either Jesus or your wife, is like trying to make a choice between to ladies.

Bishop Oyedepo told his wife frantically that his God is his first choice at the beginning of their relationship.
And that he can not joke with him.

And they have an agreement before going into marriage. And the woman accepted the offer.

And God also make Oyedepo to understand that if he decided to take such decision, then as long as he God live no principality, or power will pull him down.

Now take it or leave it if every pastor fall bishop Oyedepo will never fall.

And God also love this woman greatly for allowing her husband to concentrate wholly on him, and therefore promised that their marriage will never crumble.

YOU CAN NOT DECEIVE GOD.

One must be more important than the other.

Therefore if you choose your wife as more important, then know you fully that you are building your house on a faulty foundation.(sand)
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by oloriooko(m): 12:42pm On Sep 06, 2015
Princewell2012:
You see, you have asked a very controversial question.

And having know this, is the reason why we are having problem in our ministry.

You must choose between one.

either Jesus or your wife, is like trying to make a choice between to ladies.

Bishop Oyedepo told his wife frantically that his God is his first choice at the beginning of their relationship.
And that he can not joke with him.

And they have an agreement before going into marriage. And the woman accepted the offer.

And God also make Oyedepo to understand that if he decided to take such decision, then as long as he God live no principality, or power will pull him down.

Now take it or leave it if every pastor fall bishop Oyedepo will never fall.

And God also love this woman greatly for allowing her husband to concentrate wholly on him, and therefore promised that their marriage will never crumble.

YOU CAN NOT DECEIVE GOD.

One must be more important than the other.

Therefore if you choose your wife as more important, then know you fully that you are building your house on a faulty foundation.(sand)
interesting!!!
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by twosquare(m): 12:50pm On Sep 06, 2015
oloriooko:

family is more important.... You don't have to be in ministry before you are doing ministry.
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by oloriooko(m): 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2015
twosquare:
family is more important.... You don't have to be in ministry before you are doing ministry.

I hope you know what I mean by ministry.
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by AdeniyiA(m): 4:23pm On Sep 06, 2015
I once watched a mount Zion film that clearly answer this question, it was titled "Busy but guilty".
You can't neglect your home (primary responsibility),without agreement and understanding of both parties and fully launch into the ministry, it's even better not to have married in the first place because you'll always be held back by your other half, For God's sake they're now ONE!
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by oloriooko(m): 5:20pm On Sep 06, 2015
AdeniyiA:
I once watched a mount Zion film that clearly answer this question, it was titled "Busy but guilty".
You can't neglect your home (primary responsibility),without agreement and understanding of both parties and fully launch into the ministry, it's even better not to have married in the first place because you'll always be held back by your other half, For God's sake they're now ONE!

interesting one!
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by vooks: 5:33pm On Sep 06, 2015
oloriooko:
A true life story

this guy or as he's called pastor, is torn between who should be his more treasured; his ministry (as claimed by him saying God called him) or his wife whom he loves so much.

now his wife is bitterly complaining of neglect as he's mostly busy running the ministry.

It depends.
If you are single and you jump into ministry, then for you ministry comes first should you marry. The spouse must join you ready to run with the vision you are already pursuing.

If you are married and then called into ministry, God usually calls both of you at the same time. If you suddenly deviate from your normal life without consulting your spouse, you are great disservice to her as she is your partner in your calling. So in this case there is nothing like 'my' calling but 'our' calling.
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by oloriooko(m): 5:51pm On Sep 06, 2015
vooks:

It depends.
If you are single and you jump into ministry, then for you ministry comes first should you marry. The spouse must join you ready to run with the vision you are already pursuing.

If you are married and then called into ministry, God usually calls both of you at the same time. If you suddenly deviate from your normal life without consulting your spouse, you are great disservice to her as she is your partner in your calling. So in this case there is nothing like 'my' calling but 'our' calling.
are you saying God calls a couple? very strange!
I believe all these guys saying they were called would say it was personal, have never heard of a group calling lol
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by vooks: 5:55pm On Sep 06, 2015
oloriooko:

are you saying God calls a couple? very strange!
I believe all these guys saying they were called would say it was personal, have never heard of a group calling lol
Family is your first calling. ANYTHING you do from this point must include your better half else you won't get very far. Is it clear now?
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by oloriooko(m): 6:05pm On Sep 06, 2015
vooks:

Family is your first calling. ANYTHING you do from this point must include your better half else you won't get very far. Is it clear now?
interesting!
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by SirHouloo(m): 6:15pm On Sep 06, 2015
oloriooko:

the wife is more important?
Not placing the lady first is even being against God's order.
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by twosquare(m): 6:56pm On Sep 06, 2015
oloriooko:

I hope you know what I mean by ministry.
yes... I only spake a mystery there, waiting for you to decode it.... God once told a man of God, trying to remember his name now; a white man that which is the most important between the ministry He gave to him and his family. He answered God that "ministry, of course", and God replied that he is wrong, family (the union between a man and his wife /children) comes first and is the most important. If the home is not at peace, no one will listen to your gospel.
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by oloriooko(m): 7:52pm On Sep 06, 2015
SirHouloo:

Not placing the lady first is even being against God's order.
how do you mean?
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 06, 2015
"And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life" (Matthew 19:29).
From the Scripture above you can perceive that it is pure wisdom and marriage commonsense that a preacher marries someone who is directly relevant to his calling. Obviously the spouse feels detached from the ministry of her hubby.

But I think the preacher should also ponder on this Scripture below:
"For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?" (1 Timothy 3:5).
His home is his first ministry. Prophet Eli of the Old Testament incurred shame and tragedy simply because he overlooked his "daddy" role to his family.
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 07, 2015
oloriooko:
A true life story

his ministry, his wife is secondary, a bonus a helper nothing more.
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by misreal(m): 5:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
oloriooko:
A true life story

it depends one what the wife wants.
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by Princewell2012(m): 6:44pm On Sep 07, 2015
PastorOsamede:
"And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life" (Matthew 19:29).
From the Scripture above you can perceive that it is pure wisdom and marriage commonsense that a preacher marries someone who is directly relevant to his calling. Obviously the spouse feels detached from the ministry of her hubby.

But I think the preacher should also ponder on this Scripture below:
"For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?" (1 Timothy 3:5).
His home is his first ministry. Prophet Eli of the Old Testament incurred shame and tragedy simply because he overlooked his "daddy" role to his family.

You see,do you no why i mentioned bishop oyedepo in my earlier post.?

We don't actually know who we are serving.

From that very scripture you just posted. Mathew, 19;29.
There is also another verse where Jesus made it clear that if you can not do those things mentioned above you can not be my disciple.

There was a time oyedepo was preparing for a service in his church, and was told that his wife was very sick and has been hospitalised, instead of him rushing to were his wife was, he choose go ahead with the service. Now before the end of the service he was told that God had healed his wife miraculously. I am not a member of winner chapel But he gave us this testimony on one of his sermon, when i visited.

Many pastors had failed in their callings, while most of them have bigger problem because they choose their spouse first before God.

Even apostle paul whom they re quoting can never ask you to choose your spouse first.
He love God so much thats why he chooses not to marry, don't you know that if he was around now will he have choose his wife first.

Mount Zion film which that man was even talking about is just an imagination it is not real. I have also also watched it before.

When you choose God first, he will also make sure that your marriage does not crumble.

That's why you should never marry a Jezebel as a wife, even as a minister of God.

Otherwise they will help you to fold that your ministry. because their mission is to control your ministry and pull it down. Am talking from experience

Many men of God had abandoned God and began to worship their wives and God will also abandon them.

PLEASE IF GOD TRULY CALLED YOU, MAKE SURE YOU ABANDONED EVERY OTHER THING AND TAKE HIM FIRST.

THEN HE WILL SURELY CAUSE EVERY OTHER THINGS TO RUN AFTER YOU.

PROV:4,7. WISDOM IS THE PRINCIPAL THINGS.......

YOU IT IN YOUR MINISTRY.
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 07, 2015
Princewell2012:

You see,do you no why i mentioned bishop oyedepo in my earlier post.?

We don't actually know who we are serving.

From that very scripture you just posted. Mathew, 19;29.
There is also another verse where Jesus made it clear that if you can not do those things mentioned above you can not be my disciple.

There was a time oyedepo was preparing for a service in his church, and was told that his wife was very sick and has been hospitalised, instead of him rushing to were his wife was, he choose go ahead with the service. Now before the end of the service he was told that God had healed his wife miraculously. I am not a member of winner chapel But he gave us this testimony on one of his sermon, when i visited.

Many pastors had failed in their callings, while most of them have bigger problem because they choose their spouse first before God.

Even apostle paul whom they re quoting can never ask you to choose your spouse first.
He love God so much thats why he chooses not to marry, don't you know that if he was around now will he have choose his wife first.

Mount Zion film which that man was even talking about is just an imagination it is not real. I have also also watched it before.

When you choose God first, he will also make sure that your marriage does not crumble.

That's why you should never marry a Jezebel as a wife, even as a minister of God.

Otherwise they will help you to fold that your ministry. because their mission is to control your ministry and pull it down. Am talking from experience

Many men of God had abandoned God and began to worship their wives and God will also abandon them.

PLEASE IF GOD TRULY CALLED YOU, MAKE SURE YOU ABANDONED EVERY OTHER THING AND TAKE HIM FIRST.

THEN HE WILL SURELY CAUSE EVERY OTHER THINGS TO RUN AFTER YOU.

PROV:4,7. WISDOM IS THE PRINCIPAL THINGS.......

YOU IT IN YOUR MINISTRY.

You haven't understood me. Oyedepo's incident you referred to is not new and very minor. Here we are looking at time and attention. Why did Benny Hinn's marriage collapse sometime in the past? He would later admit that he shut out his wife and children from his life while travelling from place to place ministering.

JESUS is first no doubt. But I don't believe that HE would be happy if a preacher's actions directly ruin his home, destroy his reputation and damage GOD'S image.
Those Scriptures I quote are very necessary for success in Christian ministry.
Re: Your Ministry Or Wife; Which Is More Important? by Princewell2012(m): 11:40am On Sep 08, 2015
PastorOsamede:

You haven't understood me. Oyedepo's incident you referred to is not new and very minor. Here we are looking at time and attention. Why did Benny Hinn's marriage collapse sometime in the past? He would later admit that he shut out his wife and children from his life while travelling from place to place ministering.

JESUS is first no doubt. But I don't believe that HE would be happy if a preacher's actions directly ruin his home, destroy his reputation and damage GOD'S image.
Those Scriptures I quote are very necessary for success in Christian ministry.

If benihin or what do you called his name is a truly servant of God, there is no way God could allowed his marriage to crumbled.

Unless something is wrong somewhere.

THIS IS THE WEAPON THE DEVIL IS USING TO PULL AN ANOINTED MEN OF GOD DOWN.

And if you think other wise. Pls continue.

(1) (Reply)

How Ethiopian Orthodox Religion Shaped Ethiopia / Prophet Tb Joshua Releases 2020 Prophecy / Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.