Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family (2557 Views)

Sad Story Of Emmanuel Eboue: “from Riches To Rags” / I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / A Sad Story Of A Virgin Married Woman - Ladies Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by kingtarget(m): 8:26am On Sep 06, 2015
Jesus ‘Chuy’ Aceves and his family suffer untold hardship because they were born hairy.On his way to work at a Mexican building site, he is howled at by strangers who jeer at him, calling him names like ‘satanic beast’, before whipping out their cameras to take pictures of him.

This is a normal day in the life of the ‘Wolf Man’ who became a world-famous circus performer whose entire face is covered in thick, black hair.

His entire family of 30 are all covered in the same dark fur as him – and cruelly shunned in their home town of Loreto, north-west Mexico, because of it. But Chuy, has now told of how locals tell them to ‘go live in the woods’, slay their pets to get them to leave and ‘cross themselves’ when they walk past – as if they were demons.

The children of the ‘hairiest family in the world’ refuse to have more kids for fear they will suffer the same cruelty if they do. Even Chuy’s daughter Karla admits it would be ‘difficult to bring someone like me into the world’.

Their suffering has been witnessed by filmmaker Eva Aridjis who spent months filming them for a new, heart-wrenching documentary about their ‘cursed’ lives.

‘Chuy comes and goes from the touring life,’ said Eva, whose documentary ‘Chuy: The Wolf Man’ premieres in Mexico City on September 25
Upon hearing about problems at home, ‘he decided then and there to give it all up’. But since quitting showbusiness, the Wolf Man realised money is harder to come by as a manual labourer.
From the age of 12, Chuy then-called Little Wolf and his two cousins spent several years travelling around Mexico, where they were ‘locked up’ and presented to paying crowds as attractions.After almost three decades travelling the world, Chuy discovered his wife was cheating on him with a ‘regular man’ and his daughter Araceli missed him terribly.That was when he decided to give up the circus life and returned home to scratch a living by working in a rubbish dump.He does not regret spending his life as circus performer but having left home to join the circus at 13, Chuy doesn’t have the qualifications to do anything other than fruit picking, building site labouring or waste disposal.

‘He can’t get a decent job due to the huge discrimination he suffers,’ said Eva, ‘He’s currently working in a dumpsite where he spends his evenings burning the town’s garbage for a pittance.’

It’s not just Jesus ‘Chuy’ Aceves who suffers from ‘werewolf syndrome’, his entire family have hair-covered faces and bodies due to a genetic mutation which goes back generations.

The family suffers terrible abuse at the hands of the local population where old women ‘cross themselves’ and curse at them when they walk past.‘One of their neighbours, an old woman, has poisoned over twenty of their cats,’ said Eva, who had been shocked by the abuse the family suffered.

The women regularly shave their faces, the men prefer to let it grow out. And while the women and children stay within the confines of their shared home, nearly all the men of the family work in circuses and freak-shows.

Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by whirlwind7(m): 8:29am On Sep 06, 2015
Now, this ain't funny at all.
Still wondering why most of the bizarre human genetic mutations occur among Indians.

That self acclaimed most hairy Nigerian lady would turn green with envy once she sees this family.

1 Like

Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by pyyxxaro: 8:30am On Sep 06, 2015
When I de find hair

Some people even get hair for tongue cry

I de imagine how this people passport go be self sad
Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by Zehner(f): 8:33am On Sep 06, 2015
Mehn! This is s scary
Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by RealAdewole(m): 8:36am On Sep 06, 2015
oops beautiful. but people. could be cruel and mean sometimes this people needs love

3 Likes

Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by kingtarget(m): 8:38am On Sep 06, 2015
RealAdewole:
oops beautiful. but people. could be cruel and mean sometimes this people needs love
you are on point what this pple need is just love they are humans like u and I.
Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 06, 2015
Wow!!! shocked
Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by Captainswag225(m): 9:23am On Sep 06, 2015
life is full of different human species!
Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by veave(f): 9:54am On Sep 06, 2015
Awwwwn. *hugsss...
Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by Mznaett: 11:59am On Sep 06, 2015
Hmm
Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by corisande: 12:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
WoW!

I just imagine how they cope when the weather is hot.
Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by timilehing(m): 5:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
Are the hairs not shave-able undecided Why expose yourself to insults when you can avoid it
Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
Holy Ghost fire. *Runs out of thread*
Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by ernie4life(m): 9:31pm On Sep 06, 2015
blood of something! anything! shocked
Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by cococandy(f): 9:46pm On Sep 06, 2015
How hard their life must be embarassed
Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 06, 2015
ojuju.
Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by baby124: 2:35am On Sep 07, 2015
Like life is not hard enough. They need to get laser treatment or get someone to thread their face which must feel like hell
Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by Exponental(m): 6:43am On Sep 07, 2015
experienced barbers should dust their CVs, application might start rolling.
Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by tunz7z(m): 7:02am On Sep 07, 2015
Kilodeee
Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by thelastmediator: 9:31am On Sep 08, 2015
Scientists please get to work. I believe there will be a solution soon.
Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by jayriginal: 11:15am On Sep 10, 2015
I think there is the option of laser removal of the hair.

If my memory serves me right, the removal is permanent. I think some girls use that for their eyebrows.
Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 10, 2015
shocked
Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by nzgal: 4:35am On Sep 11, 2015
Its despicable the way some humans treat their fellows for being different.

But does marrying outside the hairy pool gene not improve the situation for the kids?

Just wondering undecided
Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 11, 2015
nzgal:
Its despicable the way some humans treat their fellows for being different.

But does marrying outside the hairy pool gene not improve the situation for the kids?

Just wondering undecided
His gene may be strong hence dominates. ..

@topic, really don't know what to comment undecided undecided shocked shocked embarassed
Re: Sad Story Of The World’s Hairiest Family by Jamean(f): 8:11am On Sep 11, 2015
Eleyi gidi gan embarassed

I can imagine the way at which people will ostracize them

(1) (Reply)

...He is neck deep and, sinking. / Islam And Polygamy / Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.