Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,062 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? (11239 Views)

Prophet Ufuoma Bernard: "No More Tithing In My Church, Daddy Freeze Is Right" / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing / Where Does All The CATHOLIC Money Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 09, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

If u tried not to be too slippery, u will find out it was both. Therefore, it was changed for one with better promises.
Y hold on to dt which had changed?

'Fulfilled'..... made complete
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

'Fulfilled'..... made complete

heb10.1-6.kjv For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

heb10.1-6.kjv For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

We are saying the same thing here... the covenant was only made complete not changed.

Now, long grammar apart, the commandment was that blood was necessary for washing away sin. It didn't change, Christ used His own Blood.
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

We are saying the same thing here... the covenant was only made complete not changed.

Now, long grammar apart, the commandment was that blood was necessary for washing away sin. It didn't change, Christ used His own Blood.

heb8.13.kjv In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

I dont if u hv comprehension problems, sha!
Pls dont let me believe ur school fees was a waste
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

heb9.15-17.kjv And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 09, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

heb8.13.kjv In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

I dont if u hv comprehension problems, sha!
Pls dont let me believe ur school fees was a waste

That was a little harsh... do u know if I ever paid any school fees?
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

That was a little harsh... do u know if I ever paid any school fees?

It is harsh because ur twisting of scripture bores me
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

heb9.15-17.kjv And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

I know your love with Hebrews, I was obsessed with it too the time I was studying about the ark of covenant and priesthood.

But, understand my position before you try to impose yours.

What does these mean to you:

(I) Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

(II) The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the chair of Moses; 3therefore all that they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds; for they say things and do not do them.
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

It is harsh because ur twisting of scripture bores me

But, I don't remember twisting the scriptures, but anyways St. Paul says 'What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not! Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.'''
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

But, I don't remember twisting the scriptures, but anyways St. Paul says 'What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not! Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.'''
Pls quote d book, chapter and verse
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 09, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

Pls quote d book, chapter and verse

Rom 7:7
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Arihodo(f): 4:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

The Truth.
The whole truth, and nothing bt the truth!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Arihodo(f): 4:50pm On Sep 09, 2015
Bobbysworld28:
On d contrary, d interpretation by men is.
i wish u understood me!
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 09, 2015
Arihodo:
i wish u understood me!
I understood u later.
Sorry abt dt
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

I understood u later.
Sorry abt dt

Good,

It pays to understand first before unleashing.
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Arihodo(f): 6:49pm On Sep 09, 2015
Bobbysworld28:
I understood u later. Sorry abt dt
its okay.
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

Rom 7:7
I see u have not dwelt on the whole theme in Romans- hw Christ rescued u from the previous law.
The new testament totally supplants the old one (which has been referred to as a shadow).
You hv chosen to dwell in d shadow and not d substance (which probably explains y u think u can bribe God with 10%).
Goodluck with dt
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

Good,

It pays to understand first before unleashing.
Thanks
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 09, 2015
Bobbysworld28:
Thanks
You are welcome
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
Bobbysworld28:
Thanks
You are welcome
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

I see u have not dwelt on the whole theme in Romans- hw Christ rescued u from the previous law.
The new testament totally supplants the old one (which has been referred to as a shadow).
You hv chosen to dwell in d shadow and not d substance (which probably explains y u think u can bribe God with 10%).
Goodluck with dt

You have deliberately decided to ignore my position here. I was clear when I told you I don't do 10%.

But it is never a sin to do so. Dont condemn what God has not condemned. The shadow is a pointer to the substance. A smoke is a pointer to the main fire.
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

You have deliberately decided to ignore my position here. I was clear when I told you I don't do 10%.

But it is never a sin to do so. Dont condemn what God has not condemned. The shadow is a pointer to the substance. A smoke is a pointer to the main fire.
Pointer! Dt is just what it is. Good man
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by brocab: 10:38pm On Sep 09, 2015
Matthew 29:18 "Then Jesus came to them and said. "All Authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me.
John 13:3 "Jesus knew that the Father had given Him authority over everything, and that He had come from God, and He will return to God.
So their you have it, God the Father gave Jesus all His authority-the old testament shows us' that Lord God himself took control of the world until Jesus was born, God had handed down given Jesus in the new testament all His authority.
If Jesus had already had all His Father's authority, then why would He say to His disciples, all the authority has been handed to Me from above-by My Father.

Genesis 28:17 "He was afraid and said how awesome is this place this is none other then the house of God and this is the gate of heaven.
dmandy:

Thanks for the correction.

But, when exactly did the father give Jesus the authority, before he was born? when he was born? abi na after he had died?

Your answer will help me understand how God actually changed.

Thanks for Keeping it civil.
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 09, 2015
brocab:
Matthew 29:18 "Then Jesus came to them and said. "All Authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me.
John 13:3 "Jesus knew that the Father had given Him authority over everything, and that He had come from God, and He will return to God.
So their you have it, God the Father gave Jesus His Son all His authority-the old testament showed us' God himself had all His authority, in the new testament God handed down all His authority over to His Son Jesus.
There's the change.

So it was given to Him when He was born? Am I right?
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
Bobbysworld28:
Pointer! Dt is just what it is. Good man
You recognise truth when you see it. Thanks.
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by brocab: 11:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
All thing were handed down to Jesus.
This is why, the lord expects us to read the word, so we won't be deceived by the deceiver.
God knew back then the world was becoming more corrupted like in the day's of Noah-So after He plants the seed into Mary-that seed rose up above given all God's authority-over to His Son Jesus, only God's seed Jesus could save God's people until the end.
dmandy:

So it was given to Him when He was born? Am I right?
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
brocab:
All thing were handed down to Jesus.
This is why, the lord expects us to read the word, so we won't be deceived by the deceiver.
God knew back then the world was becoming more corrupted like in the day's of Noah-So after He plants the seed into Mary-that seed rose up above given all God's authority-over to His Son Jesus, only God's seed Jesus could save God's people until the end.

You have a great writing skill no doubt. But my question doesn't need an epistle to answer.

I may not have ur level of education, please help me make it simpler.

When was Jesus given this authority, before birth, after birth or after death?
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by brocab: 11:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
His seed was given His authority.
The next story we hear was Jesus at the age of 12 years, when He was teaching the Pharisees on the temple Grounds, He's authority was already working strong into the word of God.
dmandy:

You have a great writing skill no doubt. But my question doesn't need an epistle to answer.

Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 09, 2015
brocab:
His seed was given His authority.
The next story we hear was Jesus at the age of 12 years, when He was teaching the Pharisees on the temple Grounds, He's authority was already working strong into the word of God.

Okay, good I understand you now, it was given to Him in the womb of Mary.

Waoh..Thanks for enlightening me on this.
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by brocab: 11:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
Don't forget it was the Shepard's and the kings who had Great authority from other tribes had bowed down to Jesus when he was born.
dmandy:

Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 10, 2015
brocab:
Don't forget it was the Shepard's and the kings who had Great authority from other tribes had bowed down to Jesus when he was born.

I don't understand. How does it connect with the discussion?
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by brocab: 12:23am On Sep 10, 2015
You connected before-when I wrote the seed had the authority, so when that seed became Human, the Kings bowed down to God's authority in person. which means God handed over all His authority over to Jesus.
dmandy:

I don't understand. How does it connect with the discussion?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Was Church Service Today. Share Your Experience..... / Does Masturbation Hinders One's Progress / Who Did Abraham Nearly Sacrifice: Ishmael Or Isaac?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.