Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,805 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Restoring Files And Folders Hidden By Virus - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Restoring Files And Folders Hidden By Virus (1034 Views)

How To Hide Files And Folders On Your PC And Laptop With Ease 2018 / Caution! Here Are Signs To Know If Your Laptop Is Infected By Virus / How To Unhide Files Hidden By Virus On Your PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Restoring Files And Folders Hidden By Virus by techtorqueng: 1:21pm On Sep 06, 2015
I have had way too many complains about files an folders hidden or presumably deleted by viruses and replaces with shortcuts. This happens after plugging the storage device into an infected computer or plugging an infected storage device into a computer. I always advice you be sure the destination of your storage devices before you plug in to the computer. By storage devices I mean, HDD, flash drive, SD card, mobile phone. In the eyes of a computer, they are all storage devices, and the virus knows that too. This is a Microsoft Windows problem.

I first had a personal experience with this situation in 2007. I did notice the size used on my HDD was the same but a lot of folders had disappeared. It was new to me then so I didn’t know the best way to resolve it. I knew if I formatted the HDD, I would lose all of the contents. So, I did a full HDD delete recovery. It worked quite well but it took about 6 hours. Long ting. The recovery process brought back the viruses that were deleted along with my missing files and folders. I used Kaspersky to do a full scan and all went well.

Today, this same virus threat seems to be lingering. I have heard stories of how people have had to format both computers and storages just to get rid of this same infection.

Note, I am showing you how to restore these hidden files and folders and not how to get rid of the viruses. In 2009, I found a cumbersome way to restore the files and folders and also remove the virus. This virus keeps evolving. It’s quite different from the way I knew it in 2009. Back then, you could just plug your storage device into a Linux or Mac computer. The hidden files and folder would be visible. Then you recreate each folder and move their content into it the delete the old folder. Today, these virus has found a way to blind Linux and OSX from seeing these files.

First of all, install a very good antivirus. I’ll recommend Kaspersky or BitDefender. Make sure it activated (even if it a trial version) and updated online. Don’t bother doing a full scan at this point

Click the link to view post http://www.techtorque.com.ng/restoring-files-and-folders-hidden-by-virus/

Re: Restoring Files And Folders Hidden By Virus by Greatzeus(m): 4:45am On Sep 08, 2015
Dude do you any idea how many times have seen this same topic on nairaland in the last 2 months,full post i mean,and here you directing people to your blog on a topic that is common place on nairaland,goodluck with that
Re: Restoring Files And Folders Hidden By Virus by Markachi666(m): 7:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
Greatzeus:
Dude do you any idea how many times have seen this same topic on nairaland in the last 2 months,full post i mean,and here you directing people to your blog on a topic that is common place on nairaland,goodluck with that
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

How To Brows With MTN BIS On Computer Using Tweakware / I need A Fairly Used Laptop Of 4gigram N Webcam Arnd 30 To 35k / Help,help, Am In Seriouse Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.