Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

The Most Comical Figure on Nigeria's Political Landscape - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Comical Figure on Nigeria's Political Landscape (2443 Views)

Yoruba Language In A Political Landscape / Brain-drain In The Nigerian Political Landscape - Smithsammy / Time To Redraw Nigeria's Political Landscape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Comical Figure on Nigeria's Political Landscape by Jakumo(m): 10:34am On Oct 27, 2005
Retired but not tired General "Frown Face" Buhari [/b]wins the sweepstakes hands-down, in my opinion, for the most pathetic and comical figure to stumble across Nigerian political landscape in recent times. As a military dictator in the 1980's, Buhari muzzled the press and threw real and imagined enemies into dungeons from where many never returned.

In his new incarnation as a "democrat" Buhari presented the electorate with his ever-stern, rigor-mortis countenance, hoping blindly and illogically to be voted into office as president. He rightfully [b]lost
that election in a spectacular way, but rather than retreat to his goat-herding village where he had already been elected as Grand Seriki, Buhari went to court to challenge the election results, and predictably lost in flying colors again.

At almost every public social function he attends, Buhari is shunned like a rabid dog, with the latest fine example of that being President Obasanjo's pointed refusal to accept his outstretched hand during a televised memorial gathering of dignitaries on the occasion of Stella Obasanjo's passing. Yes sir indeed, the semi-literate, inarticulate "Sultan of Sulk", General Buhari does indeed take the cake as the most amusing clown to ever tackle the arduous task of speaking coherent English.

Long live our resident court jester, General "Strong Eye" Buhari. Which Nigerian political figure takes your vote for the most ridiculous and unwittingly entertaining?
Re: The Most Comical Figure on Nigeria's Political Landscape by Seun(m): 2:31pm On Oct 27, 2005
Are you kidding me? What about Pastor, Musician and Presidential Aspirant Chris Okotie? The fact that God actually told him that he would be the next president of Nigeria did not stop him from losing the election ... shocked grin
Re: The Most Comical Figure on Nigeria's Political Landscape by fabian(f): 2:50pm On Oct 27, 2005
For me, its our president himself, President Olusegun Obasanjo. Dont know why but he walks like a farmer and thinks like one to me too.
Uh Hum *clears throat*
Re: The Most Comical Figure on Nigeria's Political Landscape by vizion: 4:31pm On Oct 27, 2005
Former transport minister Ojo Madueke. He wanted to move Nigeria back to the level of using bicycle.
Re: The Most Comical Figure on Nigeria's Political Landscape by fabian(f): 4:41pm On Oct 27, 2005
He He he! that was very funny!
Re: The Most Comical Figure on Nigeria's Political Landscape by otokx(m): 6:54pm On Oct 27, 2005
I think it's Governor Orji Uzor Kalu, the guy does not know his category.  He always likes to start fights he knows will always end in a loss.
Re: The Most Comical Figure on Nigeria's Political Landscape by joftech(m): 8:29pm On Oct 27, 2005
At almost every public social function he attends, Buhari is shunned like a rabid dog, with the latest fine example of that being President Obasanjo's pointed refusal to accept his outstretched hand during a televised memorial gathering of dignitaries on the occasion of Stella Obasanjo's passing.

Obasanjo refused to shake him simply because of the feud between them. This is a wrong decision on Obasanjo's part.

For me, its our president himself, President Olusegun Obasanjo. Dont know why but he walks like a farmer and thinks like one to me too.

So how does a farmer walk, talk and think.

Now back to the topic at hand, there are loads and loads of these comedians on the political landscape of Nigeria, they make me laugh most of the time:

Walter Ofonagoro, Ebenezer Babatope, Aurthur Nzeribe, Lamidi Adedibu, Azeez Arisekola all these fellows are natural born hired-gun they also make a good puppet for the highest bidder.
Re: The Most Comical Figure on Nigeria's Political Landscape by IAH(f): 10:18am On Oct 31, 2005
And who is Walter Ofonagoro?
Re: The Most Comical Figure on Nigeria's Political Landscape by fabian(f): 11:48am On Oct 31, 2005
joftech:

Now back to the topic at hand, there are loads and loads of these comedians on the political landscape of Nigeria, they make me laugh most of the time:

Walter Ofonagoro, Ebenezer Babatope, Aurthur Nzeribe, Lamidi Adedibu, Azeez Arisekola all these fellows are natural born hired-gun they also make a good puppet for the highest bidder.

Pray tell, why don't you give us reasons for naming the afforementioned rather than acting as a critic to others opinions?
Re: The Most Comical Figure on Nigeria's Political Landscape by joftech(m): 7:55pm On Oct 31, 2005
And who is Walter Ofonagoro?
Walter Ofonagoro, he was Gen. Sani Abacha mouthpiece (Minister of Information) during that infamous rule. He is one loyal man to his boss (Gen. Sani Abacha).

Pray tell, why don't you give us reasons for naming the afforementioned rather than acting as a critic to others opinions?

Am not criticizing you or anybody, what i have just said is what is it that stops a farmer from becoming a president? Even George Bush is a farmer/ranch owner.
Re: The Most Comical Figure on Nigeria's Political Landscape by hatch: 2:25pm On Jan 30, 2010
At 58,the old man decided to run away to far away Saudi Arabia to play hide and seek with his nation Nigeria.

Re: The Most Comical Figure on Nigeria's Political Landscape by vowiski(m): 2:33pm On Jan 30, 2010
Jakumo is really intellegent or is it spritual?
Re: The Most Comical Figure on Nigeria's Political Landscape by ochukoccna: 2:46pm On Jan 30, 2010
[size=15pt]Aondoaaka! tongue tongue tongue[/size]
Even Hiltler would sack Goebbels and replace him with Aondoaaka! grin grin grin
Re: The Most Comical Figure on Nigeria's Political Landscape by edoyad(m): 2:46pm On Jan 30, 2010
I think Nigeria's Joe Maduekwe is back on top of this list with his recent ignominous display at the UN and every where else for that matter.
Re: The Most Comical Figure on Nigeria's Political Landscape by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 30, 2010
o.j.u.k.w.u.
Re: The Most Comical Figure on Nigeria's Political Landscape by Beaf: 5:48pm On Jan 30, 2010
Alao Akala has been very visibly "changing colours". grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! / Why Do I Have This Funny Feeling That This Egypt Issue Is Manage From Some Where / In The Wrong Place At The Wrong Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.