Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,623 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – (22423 Views)

Do Yoruba Want Oduaaa Republic Or Restructure ? / "Saraki Will Reduce Your Punishment If You Apologise" - Melaye Tells Ndume / Economic Crisis: We Won’t Bail Out Banks With Public Funds – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by emamos: 2:46pm On Sep 06, 2015
Gov. Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State has expressed full support for the anti-corruption crusade of President Muhammadu Buhari, saying it is the best for the country.
Ajimobi, at a radio programme monitored in Ibadan on Saturday, said that Buhari’s anti-corruption crusade would take Nigeria to greater heights.
“I fully support Buhari. I thank God now that we have him in power. He is a man that is determined to wage relentless war against the malady of corruption.
“If we do not fight corruption as a nation, then we cannot grow,” the governor said.
Ajimobi attributed the non-constitution of his cabinet to the economic situation of the state, adding that he had decided to settle down for three months before appointing his cabinet members.
`We will appoint 10 Special Advisers and Commissioners this month, by God’s grace. We have reduced our ministries to 13,” he disclosed.
Speaking on the bailout fund for states, the governor said that the state governments would pay the money back at about nine per cent interest.
“The money we are getting is strictly to pay salaries. It is illegal to use it for any other thing.
“Even with that, about N17 billion is to be paid to the state government workers.
“We are supposed to pay local government workers N9 billion. As at today, we owe workers
N21.3 billion.
“This means that after using the bailout fund to pay salaries, we will still be owing and we will continue to owe until our allocation or internal generated revenue increases.”
Ajimobi said that the allocation to the state from the Federal Government on assumption of office in 2011 was N5 billion.
According to him, however, the state hardly gets N3 billion now.
He said that the financial situation of the state was the reason he met with representatives of workers to consider the next line of action.
According to him, the next line of action of the state government will be to reduce workers’ salaries, retrench or restructure.
“We will block all loopholes from where government loses revenue. Civil servants found guilty will be dealt with after following the due process,” he said.
The governor said that the people of the state had started complaining that the streets were now dirty again.
“Our people complained that we were too harsh on street traders, so we calmed down.
“Now, the same people have been coming to us to loudly register their embarrassment over the condition of our environment.
“We have decided that from Oct. 1, it will be fire for fire with street traders. There will be no turning back this time around.
“We will clean everywhere. We will use Oyo Youth Empowerment Scheme (OYES) personnel to achieve that,” he said.
Speaking on the petition instituted against him by the ACCORD Party at the tribunal, he expressed optimism that he would win at the tribunal.
“Even though I should not be talking about the tribunal issue, but I can say it here that there is no case.
“I am confident that we will win. I am not afraid. We won that election,” he said. (NAN)
http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/06/financial-crisis-we-will-reduce-workers-salaries-retrench-or-restructure-ajimobi/
lalasticlala

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by Edunwa302(m): 2:46pm On Sep 06, 2015
Hm
Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by Demmocrats(m): 2:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
Retrenching is not the way out.

What happened to the internally generated revenue from the state.

The governor is on scamming spree

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 06, 2015
Fu. ck that idea....

I smell scam

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by NET1(m): 3:15pm On Sep 06, 2015
Wahala is here.

.NET

1 Like

Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 06, 2015
K

1 Like

Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by dave2meek(m): 3:15pm On Sep 06, 2015
Start from reducing your salary and allowances.

44 Likes

Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by msoladimeji(m): 3:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
Na 1 chsnce b dat oooo. 1st page atlast

2 Likes

Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by Osirimononaye(m): 3:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
And Urz Also.
Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by DickDastardly(m): 3:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
Head ache for coneheads cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by lekjons(m): 3:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
u're the one who created YES OO and Operation Burst, now u can't pay workers salary again!
now some'll be sacked!
effect of promising anything just to attain power!
u tried though!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by kennyman2000(m): 3:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
Hmmmm.. My condolence in advance to the victims.

Check my signature for ur customised wristband.
Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by dejt4u(m): 3:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
m sure that Aregbesola will get a clue from this...
Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by maverickdude(m): 3:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
owk
Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by stinggy(m): 3:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
See who is talking about retrenchment cheesy

How can we believe you'll pay their severance allowance when you have paid virtually no retiree his/her gratuity since you came into power?

He's not saying anything reducing his pay and those of his political appointees. Teachers that are not even enough, you're there talking about retrenchment.
Oyo state gets 5B before the economic crisis plus her IGR but this man wasn't even thinking of saving for the rainy days. The rainy days are here now and he's shouting.

17 Likes

Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by funkybully(f): 3:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
. grin grin cheesy

According to d cone heads and chamfered heads, I mean d tiger whisker faced loud mouth propagandists, the economy of oyo or osun is greater than the economy of d whole south east combined. Hahahaha amala economics.

Can any one tell me why south east is forging ahead, if not for ab0ki rochas that used imo state money to finance d dullard, all south east states are doing fine.

Lol, sophisticated my black anvs!

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by ibkgab001: 3:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
Aregbese has done that already
Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by YerYer: 3:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
Reduce the politicians' salaries.

5 Likes

Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by DankemzI(m): 3:18pm On Sep 06, 2015
No try am
When we're viewing increase!

2 Likes

Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by dexonMart(m): 3:18pm On Sep 06, 2015
chai
Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by moyinoluwabun(m): 3:18pm On Sep 06, 2015
K
Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 06, 2015
and also reduce the price of food items, petrol, electricity bills and clothes.... so that it balances properly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by moyinoluwabun(m): 3:18pm On Sep 06, 2015
That's Oyo state headache. If Obiano can increase salary, I wonder what happens to the so called Change Ajimobi promised them. As for me, I'll support stomach infrastructure in Ekiti than d invisible capital infrastructure and retrenchment in Oyo.

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by DAVEZONIGLTD: 3:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
God save this country.

1 Like

Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by damilotun: 3:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
again? GOD have mercy
Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by Tonnierichy(m): 3:20pm On Sep 06, 2015
See him talking like one saint like d@ undecided
Polithiefians are dsam lipsrsealed

Note: PMB ain't a politician smiley
Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by bilulu(m): 3:20pm On Sep 06, 2015
am happy he was isn't new so no excuse of I met empty treasury...... he should reduce all his allowances instead of retrenching workers...... mind u dat bail out has been slash in multiples already

4 Likes

Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by godoluwa(m): 3:20pm On Sep 06, 2015
ISIAQ ABIOLA ADEYEMI AKANJI AJIMOBI IS A SCAM

3 Likes

Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by bignene(m): 3:21pm On Sep 06, 2015
Reduce workers salary or sack workers,is dis man well? Wen u came into power did u reduce ur salary or reduce ur aids? Nigerian politicians are so greedy

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by Ucheosefoh(m): 3:21pm On Sep 06, 2015
What happen to IGR I thought southwest states especially APC states generate the most the most IGR in Nigeria

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by tdayof(m): 3:22pm On Sep 06, 2015
All i can say is There is Definitely God.
Re: Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – by Billygee2u: 3:22pm On Sep 06, 2015
who is against eradicating corruption except all polithieves?
first cut your salary,your allowances and use all the money you have looted in the past to pay workers.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mass Transit: Ogun Takes Delivery Of ICT-Enabled Buses / Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign / Anambra 2021: Reverend Godwin Okonkwo Joins Governorship Race (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.