Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By (27043 Views)

Get The Skills To Live The Way You Want! / 17 Golden Rules To Remember In Life / What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by clemmonce(m): 1:23pm On Sep 07, 2015
HungerBAD:
Make friends and be loyal to the Office Gossip, so he or she don't start stories about you.
Another one. look for those people that are very influential in the office and be friends with them. because they make or break you with gossips and hearsay
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
Donariok:
Agreed,u tried to b funny.
In fact, to some people it funny.

buh I'm seriously not laughing to this. not because there's no sense of humour in it. but because THIS SHIT SHOULDN'T MAKE FP.

these er some of d reasons some lil kid can just jump in here, and start saying trash!

CONCLUSION : ADMIN OF THIS SITE SHOULD GROW UP.
OP GROW UP ALSO
and where is ya own site? undecided undecided undecided atole. Don't go and find work . Stay there and run ya big mouth
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by door2(m): 1:50pm On Sep 07, 2015
Highest service.
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by Ewuro4: 3:31pm On Sep 07, 2015
FriedPlantain:
If you are gonna do any of this tricks the least you can do is to ensure you do not get caught in the act.
That was how I intentionally stayed late at the office one day at staring and drooling at fresh _nude pictures of Maheeda's boobs oblivious of the fact the MD had quietly entered my office and was directly at my back. shocked

You guys do not want to know what happened after that. lipsrsealed

Friedplantain

My drooling to know the details.

He joined you Abi? Ashawo men grin grin
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 07, 2015
smiley
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:45pm On Sep 07, 2015
captainobvious you are Hilarious! grin
The sigh, the messy desk, frown and paper carrying grin grin
And that number 10? Epic!
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by jasmines(f): 5:16pm On Sep 07, 2015
@op, why are you blowing out these precious secrets ?

Anyway, im my own boss now but these.
I faithfully practiced all these and more back in the days. It works o!
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by DAVE5(m): 6:44pm On Sep 07, 2015
so this is wat this mumu boy does at work abi....

i don catch hin tricks
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 07, 2015
jossi994:
and where is ya own site? undecided undecided undecided atole. Don't go and find work . Stay there and run ya big mouth
u don't expect me to start exchanging words wid u because ur comment shows u one ov those kids DAT rant dia mouth on social media. #u need sense
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by bummyla(m): 9:23pm On Sep 07, 2015
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by phoaster(m): 9:26pm On Sep 07, 2015
[quote author=captainobvious post=37747089]Are you having a hard time making the right impression at work? Do you need to get ahead at work? Well, I have just the right advise for you! Follow these funny, yet indisputably useful office pointers and you will soon see results.

Please note, these office rules are funny and not to be taken too seriously. Enjoy!

1. Always look irritated, impatient and annoyed

Do you want to avoid being hassled by co-workers or management? Always try to maintain an irritated or annoyed expression on your face throughout the day. Act as though you are on a deadline and cannot afford to be disturbed. This implies you are busy and in the middle of something important (even if you’re not!)

2. Walk with purpose!

Never, ever walk casually from one office or desk to the other – this just looks like you are slacking off work. You need to look purposeful so others believe you have reason to get up and move away from your desk. In reality, you could just be off to CHAT with your colleague, but if you walk there like you mean it, people will never suspect!

3. Keep your desk messy

Have you not heard that messy is the new busy? Top management can get away with a clean desk. For the rest of us, it looks like we’re not working hard enough. Therefore, stack your table high, even if you are a neat freak at home, trust me, you’ll need a messy desk at work. A messy desk simply shows you have work piled up to your eyeballs and are flooded with tasks to get through; therefore no-one will want to bother you!

4. Type on your computer whenever someone walks by

Even if you are researching something important or just staring at the screen of the PC, unless you are typing away furiously at your keyboard, it won’t look like you are actually working! Type and look engrossed in what you are doing. (Just don’t draw too much attention!)

5. Always carry one or two documents around with you

This is a renowned tactic to having that look of a hard worker. For all your colleagues know, you could be carrying around blank papers! Remember, walk briskly, with an irritated look on your face, and carry a few DOCUMENTSwith you, and you will most definitely look the part!

6. Smile at the boss, always

Irrespective of how miffed you are at the boss, always give him or her a smile and a nod of the head. This shows a level of respect (even if you are cursing them under your breath!)

7. Send emails at unearthly hours

Do you want to create the impression that you are a workaholic and that you take your job seriously? Simple! Just set your alarm at home for some insane hour, get up, email work with something (anything work related in fact), and bingo – you look like you have been up all night slaving away at work projects whilst everyone else is fast asleep in bed!

8. Never leave the office on time

You should try to leave the office at least 10 minutes after you’re ‘allowed’ to leave. This shows that you are not running out the door soon as the clock strikes 5pm!

9. Creative Sighing for Effect

Sigh loudly when there are many people around, giving the impression that you are under extreme pressure.

10. Have 2 Jackets

If you work in a big open spaced office, and you want to dash somewhere, always leave a spare jacket draped over the back of your seat. This gives the impression that you are still on the premises. The second jacket should be worn while having fun elsewhere.

https://blog.ngcareers.com/4878/10-hilarious-but-real-office-rules-to-live-by/

That's what happens when u av a job and not a career, there's difference between a career and a job!
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by HAKKINS(f): 11:58pm On Sep 07, 2015
HYPOCRISY BECOMES A VIRTUE AND WORK ETHICS
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by JbravoAdodger(m): 6:23am On Sep 08, 2015
Number one is straight outta seinfeld..
George constanza invented tht
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 08, 2015
Donariok:

u don't expect me to start exchanging words wid u because ur comment shows u one ov those kids DAT rant dia mouth on social media. #u need sense
foolish fool. Stop running your mouth here and go tend to that wack ass site of yours. Ode
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 08, 2015
jossi994:
foolish fool. Stop running your mouth here and go tend to that wack ass site of yours. Ode
Fools don't always agree dey er fools esp wen dey keeps fooling themselves.... #idiot
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 08, 2015
Donariok:
Fools don't always agree dey er fools esp wen dey keeps fooling themselves.... #idiot
and bunkums like you don't have any common sense to know how stupid they are. Ignoramus of the 1st order. Ewu mpama
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by osuya(m): 11:58pm On May 06, 2016
Nice tricks, I was almost sent ck home on my 1st day in a new office for just sitting doing nothing after finishing my job
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by esti98: 4:00pm On May 10, 2016
that no 10 na wa o, lol
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by superstr: 4:48pm On May 10, 2016
You had better check www.careerlinko.com for more info.
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by IdoGod: 8:50pm On Sep 10, 2016
Hun! this could work, but not in every other places.
and faithfulness does not require pretense. If you do, you do. If you don't, you don't.
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by govtjobsblog: 2:58pm On Apr 04, 2017
Government jobs are much sought after in India for one main reason - Security.
Although it might sound like a bad thing (which in fact it is), in old days, Indian parents who went for arranged marriages (which was a common thing back then) always chose to select their kid's spouses based on whether or not they had a Government job. Please don't mis understand though - that private jobs were bad. In fact, private jobs had better salaries and better earning potential. But job security was a concern. Government jobs, even though paid less, had perks like Provident Fund, job security get latet updates at http://www.govtjobsclub.in/freejobalert/
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by careerpratibha: 6:58am On May 15, 2017
latest employment news today updates available daily based on jobs information in India. http://www.careerpratibha.com
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by Livez: 12:15pm On Jun 08, 2017
NIGERIAN IMMIGRATION PAST QUESTIONS.
Don't wait until you are short listed before you start reading for your immigration interview. If you meet with all the criteria listed, it is most likely you will be shortlisted. Remember your reading cannot be complete without practising with past questions. You need to know how the questions are set. We have some of the past questions set in previous interviews in soft copy, if you are interested, whatsapp : 08035260233 for it. Practice makes perfect, start practising with past questions now.
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by careerbhavitha: 11:03am On Jul 05, 2017
good piece of information here. candidates who are looking for employment news in Inda visit this url regarding lateset government jobs information India. http://www.careerbhavitha.com/employment-news-this-week/
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by kaveripushkaram: 11:53am On Jul 23, 2017
get latest information about upcoming kaveri pushkaralu in tamilnadu & karnataka states
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by vamshi09: 10:39am On Nov 12, 2017
Telangana Government has released a notification to fill constable jobs. Candidates interested can get complete details from http://tspscrecruitment.net/telangana-police-recruitment.html
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by kwiin: 6:14am On Jan 17, 2018
I am considering sacking Someone based on that.

Actually, the feeling l get each time l run into her and she's all squeezed up, is that the task is too difficult for her to manage. In addition to that,
eye service too much.

misspicy:
Nice points but that number one is rather too harsh.....we dont wanna come as an always angry person,not good for office personality besides some people like me have naturally smiling face.grin
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by kwiin: 6:15am On Jan 17, 2018
I am considering sacking Someone based on that.

Actually, the feeling l get each time l run into her and she's all squeezed up, is that the task is too difficult for her to manage. In addition to that,
eye service too much.

I can't deal Biko!
misspicy:
Nice points but that number one is rather too harsh.....we dont wanna come as an always angry person,not good for office personality besides some people like me have naturally smiling face.grin
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by SOMICMACPHERSON: 2:45am On Sep 15, 2018
All about Jobs | How to Apply | Where to Apply | wHEN TO Apply

Friends I can across this site and a believe it has what you need to get any kind of Job you what on the go!

free-job-posting-sites-for-employers

https://www.daybyday.website/free-job-posting-sites-for-employers/

how-to-apply-to-jobs-directly-on-company-websites

https://www.daybyday.website/finding-and-how-to-apply-to-jobs-directly-on-company-websites/

online-job-requirements-and-qualifications-Guider

https://www.daybyday.website/typical-online-job-requirements-and-qualifications-system/

online-job-application fULL gUIDE

https://www.daybyday.website/online-job-application-learn-how-to-apply-for-jobs-online-and-get-it/

top-100-usa-job-websites

https://www.daybyday.website/search-all-jobs-from-the-top-100-usa-job-websites/

apply-for-any-kind-of-job-on-the-go-here

https://www.daybyday.website/top-niche-job-sites-list-apply-for-any-kind-of-job-on-the-go-here/

how-to-apply-for-jobs-online-and-get-it/

https://www.daybyday.website/online-job-application-learn-how-to-apply-for-jobs-online-and-get-it/

Instant JOB EMAIL Alert on the go!

https://www.daybyday.website/category/email-jobs/

Dear, you dream Jobs are waiting for you here free Application
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by cvclicks: 3:40pm On Mar 19, 2020
CVCLICKS is an unconventional job website that focuses on the use of video CVs of prospective job seeking candidates as the major reference for prospective employers to access and use to make instant decisions.

In addition to that, CVCLICKS has special categories for CORP MEMBERS in the NYSC program in Nigeria for them to create video CVs so employers can access and make instant decisions.

Another special category is the UNDERGRADUATE category where students going for IT, SIWES can create a profile also with addition of a video CV, and companies looking for IT students can access and make instant decisions.

visit: www.cvclicks.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology / BREAKING: Festus Keyamo, 29 Others Approved As SAN / Resignation Letter Format

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.