Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I (18980 Views)

Hurry!!!!! Lets Go There, 30% Monthly ROI Without Stress - Join Me / Get Your Uae/dubai Visa Without Stress / Make 20k Or More Weekly Without Stress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Nnaeb(m): 5:54am On Sep 07, 2015
Sell what you love

Make sure you love what you are getting on board to sell. If you take up a marketing job just to keep busy while looking for a better job, u will end up wasting your time. Passion is a key word in marketing and you can’t have passion for what you don’t love. Personally, I don’t love insurance, so I will have a difficult time selling it. But some dudes are also making it big time in insurance because they love it and it is paying off. There are so many products and services to be sold. Look for the one you love and give it your best shot.

Product knowledge

A broad knowledge of your product is vital to effective selling. Research about the product, find out the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) concerning your product. This will help you master the product at your fingertips. Also, take it a step further by carrying out a research on competing products and services. You must know the advantage they have over yours and the advantage your product has over theirs. That way when you meet with a prospective client, you put your best foot forward by emphasizing on your advantage (USP).

Define your market

Nigeria is the largest market in Africa and one of the largest in the world. However, it is not everything that will sell in Nigeria. Before you get on board to sell any product, do a personal study of the market and figure out if there is a need for it. Define the market segment and also see how readily available the market is. Is it a product for the Elite class, or low income persons, men or women, kids, youths or adults? Define your market. That something is selling in Lagos does not mean it will sell in Enugu.

Draw up a list of prospective buyers

Marketing is a field job, yes I concur. But don’t be in a hurry to hit the field without a clear direction and plan. Stay at home or in the office and draw up a list of your prospective buyers. The prospects on the list should be up to 100 at least. Also, include at five high profile prospective clients. Those ones that will give you a major breakthrough if you succeed in selling to one of them. Source for the contacts and phone numbers of the prospects either through google map, v connect, their website or ask for it.

Develop a sales script

Develop a powerful sales script that will guide your discussion with a prospect. The sales script must cover greeting, personal introduction, product introduction, request for a meeting, and some other things. Some sales consultants can help you develop one if you can’t do it yourself. But it is something you can do.

Call and arrange a meeting

I have said before that marketing is not all about getting yourself engrossed in activity and dissipating energy. That is why some persons complain about the stress. It’s funny how people just dress up from their homes and start wondering the streets of Lagos aimlessly in the name of marketing. That is not professional. Sit down and call ten prospects in a day to arrange for a meeting. Out of the ten, three persons will grant you an appointment. That way, you can plan your movement and schedules effectively. This will help you conserve energy and cut down on aimless transportation cost.

Let’s stop here at the moment. I will complete this article tomorrow. Let me not bore you with long stories cos I really want us to understand everything.

Have a great day

http://jobtrends.com.ng/revealed-10-secrets-of-effective-selling/

33 Likes 8 Shares

Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by masquellett(m): 6:13am On Sep 07, 2015
Noted

Modified: So I am FTC, there is no big deal anyway.

1 Like

Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by enolife(m): 6:25am On Sep 07, 2015
thank you for this open eyes tips. Am looking for those that want to lose 5 pounds weight in 5 days

1 Like

Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Jimwalex(m): 8:52am On Sep 07, 2015
Very educative tips,the type that should make FP. can't wait for the complete part..Thanx@OP

EDITED..
so this topic made it to the FP. I am not surprised,anyway.A very good topic and contents for those that are ready to learn..meanwhile,I am TTC.Gradually,I shall get there

2 Likes

Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Berrylite: 9:54am On Sep 07, 2015
I love marketing

3 Likes

Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by neweraomo: 9:54am On Sep 07, 2015
Nice

MJ SAY SO
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by sexaddict08(m): 9:54am On Sep 07, 2015
I hate marketing stress, I just want to do my work from my comfort zone.
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 07, 2015
good one!

Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Innodon(m): 9:55am On Sep 07, 2015
Seen
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by SammieLowkey(m): 9:55am On Sep 07, 2015
I just love business tips. Kudos OP!
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by yomalex(m): 9:56am On Sep 07, 2015
The world is going mobile, Take Advantage of Mobile Marketing Services. Find great Mobile Marketing services like AutoResponder, Appointment Reminder, Business Card (Send your details to a number) etc Check my Signature
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by direkt: 9:56am On Sep 07, 2015
Its always easier said than done. Lol

Do you sell clothing and fashion accessories? Show everyone your designs HERE.
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 07, 2015
I'm a musician... Don't need this
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 07, 2015
Every thing na theory.. grin'
Why nt practicalize d' and show us results so we follow suit?
Cos dis is d'same freakin tin CEDR342 taught?
And in the real world..it a DIFFERENT ball. Game..
#gerrehaia grin

1 Like

Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Ndkings1(m): 9:57am On Sep 07, 2015
Ookay oo
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by elemagoon(m): 9:57am On Sep 07, 2015
Hmmmmmm. Thanks please.
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by zonax(m): 9:57am On Sep 07, 2015
K
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by kennyman2000(m): 9:57am On Sep 07, 2015
Hmmm..
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by gokay11(m): 9:58am On Sep 07, 2015
Oshey
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by wunmi590(m): 9:58am On Sep 07, 2015
You are right OP.

I visited my fiancée in school one day, so I saw some little boys, one was selling both fish and pepper, the other goes to house to house to ask if they would buy, low and behold, people were buying.

I never likes marketing, but what came to my mind was if those little kids can do it, what stopped people like us from doing it and achieving our aims

2 Likes

Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 07, 2015
Nice write up bro.my boss once told me "I good sales man can sell sand to a man living in the desert".

Am in medical sales. Wch means I face tough crowd of different doctors that think they're smarter than you..the trick is to make them think they're smart and at the same time feel inferior
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by eleko1: 9:59am On Sep 07, 2015
I love Marketing cool Marketing is fun wink

1 Like

Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by liveyourlife: 9:59am On Sep 07, 2015

Not everyone loves to do !marketing. Especially the very busy businessman who has his hands tied up in various aspects of the business.

So to that end, I built up a system by which you can generate LEADS for your business and all you have to do is follow the sales pipeline through.

You can visit http://build.com.ng ...

That will surely help!
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 07, 2015
I doubt if this will help....We all hate marketing Jobs!
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Richhard(m): 9:59am On Sep 07, 2015
Great post
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by AnnTee: 9:59am On Sep 07, 2015
Marketing is life,Every other thing is activity........ thank you for this wonderul post.

1 Like

Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by adesegun121(m): 10:01am On Sep 07, 2015
Ok
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Fmdipo(m): 10:01am On Sep 07, 2015
waiting for the rest...

1 Like

Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by fearlesschicken: 10:02am On Sep 07, 2015
jboy73:
I'm a musician... Don't need this

Please did anyone ask you undecided

Nice post op! smiley
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by kossyablaze(m): 10:02am On Sep 07, 2015
Cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by dhorlipizzu(m): 10:03am On Sep 07, 2015
Nnaeb:
Sell what you love

Make sure you love what you are getting on board to sell. If you take up a marketing job just to keep busy while looking for a better job, u will end up wasting your time. Passion is a key word in marketing and you can’t have passion for what you don’t love. Personally, I don’t love insurance, so I will have a difficult time selling it. But some dudes are also making it big time in insurance because they love it and it is paying off. There are so many products and services to be sold. Look for the one you love and give it your best shot.

Product knowledge

A broad knowledge of your product is vital to effective selling. Research about the product, find out the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) concerning your product. This will help you master the product at your fingertips. Also, take it a step further by carrying out a research on competing products and services. You must know the advantage they have over yours and the advantage your product has over theirs. That way when you meet with a prospective client, you put your best foot forward by emphasizing on your advantage (USP).

Define your market

Nigeria is the largest market in Africa and one of the largest in the world. However, it is not everything that will sell in Nigeria. Before you get on board to sell any product, do a personal study of the market and figure out if there is a need for it. Define the market segment and also see how readily available the market is. Is it a product for the Elite class, or low income persons, men or women, kids, youths or adults? Define your market. That something is selling in Lagos does not mean it will sell in Enugu.

Draw up a list of prospective buyers

Marketing is a field job, yes I concur. But don’t be in a hurry to hit the field without a clear direction and plan. Stay at home or in the office and draw up a list of your prospective buyers. The prospects on the list should be up to 100 at least. Also, include at five high profile prospective clients. Those ones that will give you a major breakthrough if you succeed in selling to one of them. Source for the contacts and phone numbers of the prospects either through google map, v connect, their website or ask for it.

Develop a sales script

Develop a powerful sales script that will guide your discussion with a prospect. The sales script must cover greeting, personal introduction, product introduction, request for a meeting, and some other things. Some sales consultants can help you develop one if you can’t do it yourself. But it is something you can do.

Call and arrange a meeting

I have said before that marketing is not all about getting yourself engrossed in activity and dissipating energy. That is why some persons complain about the stress. It’s funny how people just dress up from their homes and start wondering the streets of Lagos aimlessly in the name of marketing. That is not professional. Sit down and call ten prospects in a day to arrange for a meeting. Out of the ten, three persons will grant you an appointment. That way, you can plan your movement and schedules effectively. This will help you conserve energy and cut down on aimless transportation cost.

Let’s stop here at the moment. I will complete this article tomorrow. Let me not bore you with long stories cos I really want us to understand everything.

Have a great day

http://jobtrends.com.ng/revealed-10-secrets-of-effective-selling/

Thanks for this

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Medical Doctors In Residency Programmes In Nigeria / Questions To Ask Before Accepting A Job Offer. / As A Fresh Graduate Is Relocating To Canada For Msc Better Than Getting A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.