Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 (10444 Views)

2019 Range Rover Sport Get Some New Modifications / Front Wheel Issue On Toyota Corrola / Modifications That Can Make Headlamps Brighter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by lourash(m): 9:35am On Sep 07, 2015
Hello house,

I drive a Toyota corolla 2010 LE and I have always seen Toyota as a boring car, I got mine from Nairaland and so far I have upgraded the car to look like a 2012 model, what I want to do now is to change the instrument cluster light and also the HVAC lights from the boring orange color to either while or blue.

I will like to know if any nairalander has done this before. I am excited and looking forward to doing this.

List of things that I have done after buying the car

Changed the wheels to alloy wheels
Changed the front shocks and Stabilizer linkage
DIY installation of steering volume control
Changed the front grille to the 2012 corolla grille
Changed the headlight from the boring light to the dark one for 2012
Finally installed the 2012 trunk with boot spoiler.

1 Like

Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by vani86: 9:49am On Sep 07, 2015
so where is a pic of your new look corolla

1 Like

Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by lourash(m): 10:36am On Sep 07, 2015
see pictures below

Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by lourash(m): 10:46am On Sep 07, 2015
Pictures for the final look.

Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by lourash(m): 3:55pm On Sep 07, 2015
I am hoping to get something like any of these done.

Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by kingreign(m): 6:52pm On Sep 07, 2015
I thought you'll install a 3 pistoned Brembo ceramic brakes up front and a 2 pistoned type in the rear, Slam a K&N supercharger with intercooler to boost the engine, install a Recaro sports bucket seat, gear shifter and steering wheel, install a Holstein coiloversand then slam an 18" Velocity VW830 Chrome Wheels, slap a HID up front and LED at the rear.

OP oya go and install these parts before I vex angry

Shey you see wetin your mate dey do with corolla? tongue

[size=1pt]OP, na joke I dey joke o[/size]

8 Likes

Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by lourash(m): 7:29pm On Sep 07, 2015
kingreign:

I thought you'll install a 3 pistoned Brembo ceramic brakes up front and a 2 pistoned type in the rear, Slam a K&N supercharger with intercooler to boost the engine, install a Recaro sports bucket seat, gear shifter and steering wheel, install a Holstein coiloversand then slam an 18" Velocity VW830 Chrome Wheels, slap a HID up front and LED at the rear.

OP oya go and install these parts before I vex angry

Shey you see wetin your mate dey do with corolla? tongue

[size=1pt]OP, na joke I dey joke o[/size]

I don laugh tire

2 Likes

Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
as in kingreign dey vex no be small but he's kinda right.
Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by sultaan(m): 10:01pm On Sep 07, 2015
lourash:
Hello house,

I drive a Toyota corolla 2010 LE and I have always seen Toyota as a boring car, I got mine from Nairaland through the thread below and so far I have upgraded the car to look like a 2012 model, what I want to do now is to change the instrument cluster light and also the HVAC lights from the boring orange color to either while or blue.

I will like to know if any nairalander has done this before. I am excited and looking forward to doing this.

https://www.nairaland.com/2350249/Toyota-corolla-2010-model-n1.770m

List of things that I have done after buying the car

Changed the wheels to alloy wheels
Changed the front shocks and Stabilizer linkage
DIY installation of steering volume control
Changed the front grille to the 2012 corolla grille
Changed the headlight from the boring light to the dark one for 2012
Finally installed the 2012 trunk with boot spoiler.

So if it was that boring for you to start throwing money at it to make it look better you should not have bought it. There are more interesting brands out there VW, Audi, Ford, Kia have cars that look better than Corolla

3 Likes

Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by Readonee35L(m): 10:29pm On Sep 07, 2015
sultaan:

So if it was that boring for you to start throwing money at it to make it look better you should not have bought it. There are more interesting brands out there VW, Audi, Ford, Kia have cars that look better than Corolla
Bro, long time, How you thy

people buy cars for so many reason's
maybe the looks, and thy mod it to give more Hp

some buy it because of raw power
he like's the corolla , and there is no harm in modifying it, evn if the mods cost more than d car

7 Likes

Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by vani86: 8:09am On Sep 08, 2015
i drive a 2009 camry LE, want to change the grill to a 2009 camry sports SE grill or a billet grill, about how much is it, and is it a long process or a 30 mins process?

i have already changed the stock alloy silver wheels to a black and silver wheel

1 Like

Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by lourash(m): 8:46am On Sep 08, 2015
sultaan:

I get you sultaan , trust me for some of us in lagos, your day to day lifestyle determines the kind of car you will drive. though I drive a Toyota, I am still not a fan of Toyota.. economically it is fine for me.. and of course i will upgrade some day wink to the brand I love.
Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by Devirus2: 11:47pm On Oct 21, 2015
My brother, how much have you spent so far? And how did you do the DIY steering volume controls? Cos I want to do same on mine. Thanks
Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by lourash(m): 6:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
Devirus2:
My brother, how much have you spent so far? And how did you do the DIY steering volume controls? Cos I want to do same on mine. Thanks
Just got my interior LED replacement lights delivered.. Will provide you a DIY step to guide you on the steering volume controls , though I could help too when am free
Currently outta town and data services is terrible here

2 Likes

Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by lourash(m): 9:23am On Oct 27, 2015
Devirus2:

see a DIY to guide you below

http://www.toyotanation.com.hidennet.com/forum/326-10th-gen-corolla-2nd-gen-matrix-interior-audio-forum/379436-diy-steering-wheel-control-add-ce-le-2010-corolla-updated-8-3-2011-a.html
Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by fulfilled2016: 8:26pm On May 24, 2018
Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 24, 2018
lourash:

Just got my interior LED replacement lights delivered.. Will provide you a DIY step to guide you on the steering volume controls , though I could help too when am free
Currently outta town and data services is terrible here
Oga we are waiting for the pics o!! grin
Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by mejai(m): 11:15pm On May 24, 2018
dumo1:

yes o. Don't keep us, d monitoring spirits Waiting for long, otherwise, we summon meeting via ur village people

1 Like

Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by lourash(m): 5:11am On May 26, 2018
fulfilled2016:

In particular, how much did the 2012 corolla grille cost please?

can't remember exactly how much but i have a contact in ladipo that would get that for you easily.
Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by lourash(m): 5:12am On May 26, 2018
dumo1:

apologies Boss. I sold this car December 2015 so i do not have the pics any more.
however this is what the instrument cluster light was like before i sold it.

Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by Nobody: 6:45am On May 26, 2018
lourash:

apologies Boss. I sold this car December 2015 so i do not have the pics any more.
however this is what the instrument cluster light was like before i sold it.

Nice one. grin
Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by fulfilled2016: 5:50pm On May 26, 2018
lourash:

can't remember exactly how much but i have a contact in ladipo that would get that for you easily.

Okay, thanks, mind sharing me his contact?
Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by lourash(m): 6:19pm On May 29, 2018
fulfilled2016:

Okay, thanks, mind sharing me his contact?

send me PM
Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by sagio09: 1:24pm On May 31, 2018
lourash:
Hello house,

I drive a Toyota corolla 2010 LE and I have always seen Toyota as a boring car, I got mine from Nairaland and so far I have upgraded the car to look like a 2012 model, what I want to do now is to change the instrument cluster light and also the HVAC lights from the boring orange color to either while or blue.

Please i want to buy a Toyota Corolla S. Please whois your car dealer that you bought yours from? Please urgently from today to sunday.
Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by SmartToyota(m): 1:36pm On May 31, 2018
Don't be in a hurry to buy a car. You may not get what you want & might even get swindled. Do check the Autos section to carefully, you'd definitely have a profound choice to make.
sagio09:

Please i want to buy a Toyota Corolla S. Please whois your car dealer that you bought yours from? Please urgently from today to sunday.
Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by SmartToyota(m): 1:36pm On May 31, 2018
Don't be in a hurry to buy a car. You may not get what you want & might even get swindled. Do check the Autos section too carefully, you'd definitely have a profound choice to make.
sagio09:

Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by sagio09: 9:59am On Jun 01, 2018
SmartToyota:
Don't be in a hurry to buy a car. You may not get what you want & might even get swindled. Do check the Autos section too carefully, you'd definitely have a profound choice to make.
Thanks alot for the advice. But please re u a car dealer? Lets do some business.
Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by SmartToyota(m): 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2018
You're welcome. I'm not really a car dealer but a spare parts dealer.
sagio09:

Thanks alot for the advice. But please re u a car dealer? Lets do some business.
Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by PAQ(m): 3:14pm On Jul 24, 2018

1 Like

Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by lourash(m): 2:47pm On Jul 26, 2018
PAQ:
Pls, I own a 2011 corolla Le, I am hoping to give it an S Upgrade. In that view I would like to know how much for these parts;
Blacked out Headlights
Front, Rear Bumper and side skirts

I dont mind getting dem used, but clean if it will be cheaper.

Since I will be replacing my headlights, will the old ones have any value? Or trade in and add something for the new one?

Buying a new car is quite expensive now, we can only make our old cars new again.

I live in Abuja, this is my number 08056416901

Buzz me, I could help you
Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by PAQ(m): 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2018
lourash:

Buzz me, I could help you

I will give u a buzz over d weekend. I like wat u did to ur dash board lights. Truly compared to Honda, Toyota' can boring. Tnk u 4 ur time, we'll talk soon.
Re: Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 by PAQ(m): 1:20pm On Dec 30, 2021

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Oil, Free Oil Filter,free Oil Change, Free Vehicle Scan / FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device / Where To Get A Good AC Repair Person In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.