Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,737 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion (25867 Views)

Heartland FC Of Owerri Gain Promotion To NPFL (pictures & Video) / Fight At Agege Stadium As Shooting Stars Beats MFM FC 1-0(pics) / Ikorodu United Bus In A Road Accident Enroute Makurdi Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by uduokirika1(m): 9:26am On Sep 11, 2015
honeric01:

Denial? I didn't deny, i only said it wasn't their ground based on the fact that 1st bank had been the user all these while and that they have played at Agege too which you denied before until i proved that. For TBS, that is true, they didn't play there, must have been a mis-information.
That was why I asked where was ikorodu's home ground?

If u now agreed it was not TBS and also agree they only used Agege once (just moved) there recently

Why were you now saying Onikan was not their home ground?

Also note ikorodu united only played in the NNL just this season! So I I don't know where else they must have been playing other than Onikan!

That was why I repeatedly asked you where their home ground is and you kept dodging the question by bringing in other clubs.

As for Firstbank we will trash that after we settle that of Ikorodu
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by honeric01(m): 9:57am On Sep 11, 2015
uduokirika1:

That was why I asked where was ikorodu's home ground?

If u now agreed it was not TBS and also agree they only used Agege once (just moved) there recently

Why were you now saying Onikan was not their home ground?

Also note ikorodu united only played in the NNL just this season! So I I don't know where else they must have been playing other than Onikan!

That was why I repeatedly asked you where their home ground is and you kept dodging the question by bringing in other clubs.

As for Firstbank we will trash that after we settle that of Ikorodu

I wasn't dodging, i was only saying "borrowing someone else's ground to use as yours is not same as your ground" Original owner of Onikan stadium remains 1st bank.

Where was Ikorodu Utd (Made up of 3 local clubs within Ikorodu) playing prior to december 2014 (Their founding month)?

Like i said Onikan has always been the home of Ist bank before the recent move, before 2014, where was the clubs that formed Ikorodu utd calling their home grounds?

Now that we have 2 clubs in the NPFL, expect either of the 2 clubs to pick Agege/TBS, Onikan won't and shouldn't be allowed to host NPFL matches because of the size/marketability.
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by uduokirika1(m): 10:35am On Sep 11, 2015
honeric01:

I wasn't dodging, i was only saying "borrowing someone else's ground to use as yours is not same as your ground" Original owner of Onikan stadium remains 1st bank.

Where was Ikorodu Utd (Made up of 3 local clubs within Ikorodu) playing prior to december 2014 (Their founding month)?

Like i said Onikan has always been the home of Ist bank before the recent move, before 2014, where was the clubs that formed Ikorodu utd calling their home grounds?

Now that we have 2 clubs in the NPFL, expect either of the 2 clubs to pick Agege/TBS, Onikan won't and shouldn't be allowed to host NPFL matches because of the size/marketability.

The way you wrringle your way out of issues is second to none.

Simple question where was/is Ikorodu united's home ground?

Stop all these sermons just answer the above question first before we go on from there. If you claim they borrowed Onikan stadium from First bank, where then is their home ground.

Am not interested where they will play next season in the NPFL 'cos that is dependent on so many factors but where they've been playing since they became a professional side!
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by honeric01(m): 11:38am On Sep 11, 2015
uduokirika1:

The way you wrringle your way out of issues is second to none.

Simple question where was/is Ikorodu united's home ground?

Stop all these sermons just answer the above question first before we go on from there. If you claim they borrowed Onikan stadium from First bank, where then is their home ground.

Am not interested where they will play next season in the NPFL 'cos that is dependent on so many factors but where they've been playing since they became a professional side!

Onikan and Agege which i have accepted in previous comments, wondering why you're still benching on this.

I care about where they play because you need an avenue that is befitting of a Lagos club.
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by uduokirika1(m): 12:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ok
honeric01:

Onikan and Agege which i have accepted in previous comments, wondering why you're still benching on this.

I care about where they play because you need an avenue that is befitting of a Lagos club.
Firstbank does not play in Onikan stadium not to talk of it being their home ground
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by honeric01(m): 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2015
uduokirika1:
Ok
Firstbank does not play in Onikan stadium not to talk of it being their home ground

Reason i refuse to take Onikan as Ikorodu Utd home ground is because multiple clubs play there and these clubs are older than Ikorodu Utd.

So prior to 2014, where did they play? Abeg don't spoil show for yourself o.

First Bank Football Club Full name First Bank Football Club
Nickname(s) The Elephant Boys/The Bankers
Ground Onikan Stadium, Lagos
Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Bank_F.C.

Full name Union Bank Football Club
Nickname(s) The Stallion Boys
Union Bank Sports Complex, Surulere
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Bank_F.C.

Full name C.O.D United Football Club of Lagos
Nickname(s) The White Lions
Founded 2007

The main club for Agege stadium remains MFM.
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by uduokirika1(m): 2:36pm On Sep 11, 2015
honeric01:

Reason i refuse to take Onikan as Ikorodu Utd home ground is because multiple clubs play there and these clubs are older than Ikorodu Utd.

So prior to 2014, where did they play? Abeg don't spoil show for yourself o.

First Bank Football Club Full name First Bank Football Club
Nickname(s) The Elephant Boys/The Bankers
Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Bank_F.C.

Full name Union Bank Football Club
Nickname(s) The Stallion Boys
Union Bank Sports Complex, Surulere
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Bank_F.C.

Full name C.O.D United Football Club of Lagos
Nickname(s) The White Lions
Founded 2007

The main club for Agege stadium remains MFM.

Simple question where is Ikorodu's home ground?

List it as you have done for the rest
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by honeric01(m): 2:43pm On Sep 11, 2015
uduokirika1:

Simple question where is Ikorodu's home ground?

List it as you have done for the rest

Chai.. how many times do you want me repeating myself or na record you dey play?

m.news24.com/Nigeria/Sport/Football/Lagos-hopes-for-Premier-League-football-20150825
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by uduokirika1(m): 3:05pm On Sep 11, 2015
honeric01:

Chai.. how many times do you want me repeating myself or na record you dey play?

m.news24.com/Nigeria/Sport/Football/Lagos-hopes-for-Premier-League-football-20150825

From your link

Lagos hopes for Premier League football
16:02 25/08/2015
Lagos - Nigeria's commercial nerve center, Lagos has been starved of top flight league football for so long, but hopes are rocket high this season as two teams, Ikorodu United and MFM FC are in commanding positions to bring Premier League football to Lagos.
Both teams are so close yet far because it all depends on how they finish this season in the Nigeria National League (NNL).
A newly formed club, Ikorodu United who are debutant in the NNL have the chance this weekend, Sunday August 30, 2015 to secure a promotion ticket. A win at their home ground, Onikan Stadium on Sunday against Ekiti United will seal a slot in the NPFL
Also read: Glo League team of the round 25
While MFM FC must secure a minimum of three points from their last two games; against Bendel Insurance in Benin and at home against Akwa Starlet.
As regard facilities, Lagos is spoilt of options, Teslim Balogun Stadium,the current home ground of Ikorodu United, Onikan Stadium and MFM FC home ground, Agege Stadium are good grounds that can host NPFL matches.
Lagos fans are eagerly waiting to see the big teams visit Lagos every weekend and the joy to celebrate a promotion ticket for those Lagos teams in contention has swollen so much that fans can't wait to see both Ikorodu United and MFM FC play in the NPFL

I believe the bolded has settled the age long argument only that u refused to say it out urself
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by honeric01(m): 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2015
uduokirika1:

From your link

Lagos hopes for Premier League football
16:02 25/08/2015
Lagos - Nigeria's commercial nerve center, Lagos has been starved of top flight league football for so long, but hopes are rocket high this season as two teams, Ikorodu United and MFM FC are in commanding positions to bring Premier League football to Lagos.
Both teams are so close yet far because it all depends on how they finish this season in the Nigeria National League (NNL).
A newly formed club, Ikorodu United who are debutant in the NNL have the chance this weekend, Sunday August 30, 2015 to secure a promotion ticket. A win at their home ground, Onikan Stadium on Sunday against Ekiti United will seal a slot in the NPFL
Also read: Glo League team of the round 25
While MFM FC must secure a minimum of three points from their last two games; against Bendel Insurance in Benin and at home against Akwa Starlet.
As regard facilities, Lagos is spoilt of options, Teslim Balogun Stadium,the current home ground of Ikorodu United, Onikan Stadium and MFM FC home ground, Agege Stadium are good grounds that can host NPFL matches.
Lagos fans are eagerly waiting to see the big teams visit Lagos every weekend and the joy to celebrate a promotion ticket for those Lagos teams in contention has swollen so much that fans can't wait to see both Ikorodu United and MFM FC play in the NPFL

And i Posted other clubs using that same place as their home ground, meaning its not for them, rather for any club in Lagos. how hard is this for you to grab?

is this about where they play or the owner?

if it's about where they play, that has been settled since by me so i don't know why you're making us sound like jobless people.
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by uduokirika1(m): 4:30pm On Sep 11, 2015
honeric01:

And i Posted other clubs using that same place as their home ground, meaning its not for them, rather for any club in Lagos. how hard is this for you to grab?

is this about where they play or the owner?

if it's about where they play, that has been settled since by me so i don't know why you're making us sound like jobless people.

That inter Milan and AC Milan make use of San serio has not made any less occupant of the Home ground than the other.

Thanks for the mutual enlightinement!
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by honeric01(m): 4:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
More than 3 clubs use Onikan lolz

san siro is originally Ac milan and Inter milan planning on building theirs or buying San siro off.
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by rafindo(m): 6:58pm On Sep 11, 2015
uduokirika1:

That inter Milan and AC Milan make use of San serio has not made any less occupant of the Home ground than the other.

Thanks for the mutual enlightinement!

I will like you to start a spirited campaign for the resurgence of udoji utd and jasper utd.we need to create an environment where anambra state can have more than five clubs in the npfl in the next five years. I know the effort smithcity fc is doing but we need to grow the corporate football business attitude.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okocha Graces Europa League Game Between Former Clubs Fenerbahce, Frankfurt / Alex Iwobi's Farewell Message To Arsenal Fans / List Of Super Eagles Players Invited For Game Against Poland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.