Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,395 members, 7,781,135 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:34 AM

Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone (11837 Views)

Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card / 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do / How To Identify A Fake Tecno Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by hovatek: 11:04am On Sep 07, 2015
Most people seem to be satisfied with the IMEI-VC method @ http://gc.tecno-mobile.com/ . Its even more surprising to see many popular Nigerian Tech. blogs chorus this same inadequate approach without scrutiny. The IMEI-VC test is inaccurate because all that's required to pass this test is to change the sticker behind the phone and write some info. to the phone.
We decided to carry out a research by comparing fake/cloned Tecno phones to original phones (side by side) and it was only a matter of time before we encountered a fake Tecno M3 that passed the IMEI-VC test flawlessly (just as we expected would happen soon).
I'll be discussing some of our findings in this thread to help you better differentiate an original from a fake Tecno phone.

Please
* If you're a die-hard IMEI-VC loyalist and not willing to listen then you can just click the back button instead of arguing unnecessarily.
* If you're Anti-Tecno then please, don't try to troll; we've done the same for original Samsung vs Cloned/Fake Samsung and other popular phones (Infinix just might be next in line if these pirates are still who they are) so this thread is aimed at helping, not arguing superiority or inferiority

Visit https://plus.google.com/116652750662576629438/posts/PdPvTZtCr42 if you wish to go ahead of the techniques i'll be listing here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by INTROVERT(f): 11:05am On Sep 07, 2015
I'd rather die than use techno

2 Likes

Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by lekjons(m): 11:08am On Sep 07, 2015
what is fake tecno phone again??
Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by hovatek: 11:12am On Sep 07, 2015
Guys, this isnt an inferiority / superiority thread
it you use an iPhone, there are fake ones
it you use a Blackberry 10, there are fake ones
it you use a Samsung, there are fake ones
it you use a HTC, there are fake ones
so far what you use has a good market, you can bank on finding a fake somehere!
and guess what, most people who tout these brands cant even differentiate an original from a fake.

1 Like

Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by hovatek: 11:22am On Sep 07, 2015
INTROVERT:

lol!
you must really hate Tecno phones.
Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by yanabasee(m): 11:39am On Sep 07, 2015
Mtchwwww.....My Nokia3310 is enof for me! cool
Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by psalmbuk: 12:23pm On Sep 07, 2015
INTROVERT:
, we will all attend ur funeral. RIP in Advance

2 Likes

Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by callmelanner(m): 12:49pm On Sep 07, 2015
INTROVERT:
We will attend ur funeral with our tecno phones...
Another wasted life...RIP!

2 Likes

Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by Whizpeter(m): 1:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
Is there anything like a 'FAKE' version of a 'FAKE' Product

Before the Tecnocrats start bashing me, I use a tecno ooo... grin

5 Likes

Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by hovatek: 1:56pm On Sep 07, 2015
Alright: Lesson 1: Why the IMEI isnt a reliable method.

When Carlcaresophia posted a thread on tracking a lost Tecno phone using your IMEI (refer to https://www.nairaland.com/2122383/how-disable-stolen-mobile-phone) and I quote

Carlcaresophia:
To check your Mobile phone s serial number, key in the following digits on your phone: * # 0 6 #
A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. When your phone gets stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably would not get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can not use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.

You can imagine my reaction after reading that thread.
Changing the IMEI on an MTK phone is hyper easy, GLO BIS 101 & IMEI Tweaking 101
The same method used to fix a null IMEI can be used to change the IMEI . the video below sheds more light on this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAK1DL_L_eg

* Summary: An IMEI is far from being a reliable criteria.
Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by mukilat(f): 8:35am On Sep 09, 2015
informative!
Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by mukilat(f): 1:02pm On Sep 11, 2015
Carlcaresophia na Olodo wey dey form Tech. Guru. The babe should just stick to giving out Carlcare phone numbers and addresses abeg!

1 Like

Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by wildcatter23(m): 3:50pm On Sep 11, 2015
That was below the pant
Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by wildcatter23(m): 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
That was really wicked!!!!
Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by Warlord3000(m): 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2015
Some crazy comments making me lmao cheesy
Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by Nsonaso(m): 9:04pm On Sep 11, 2015
post=37758183:
Most people seem to be satisfied with the IMEI-VC method @ http://gc.tecno-mobile.com/ . Its even more surprising to see many popular Nigerian Tech. blogs chorus this same inadequate approach without scrutiny. The IMEI-VC test is inaccurate because all that's required to pass this test is to change the sticker behind the phone and write some info. to the phone.
We decided to carry out a research by comparing fake/cloned Tecno phones to original phones (side by side) and it was only a matter of time before we encountered a fake Tecno M3 that passed the IMEI-VC test flawlessly (just as we expected would happen soon).
I'll be discussing some of our findings in this thread to help you better differentiate an original from a fake Tecno phone.

Please
* If you're a die-hard IMEI-VC loyalist and not willing to listen then you can just click the back button instead of arguing unnecessarily.
* If you're Anti-Tecno then please, don't try to troll; we've done the same for original Samsung vs Cloned/Fake Samsung and other popular phones (Infinix just might be next in line if these pirates are still who they are) so this thread is aimed at helping, not arguing superiority or inferiority

Visit https://plus.google.com/116652750662576629438/posts/PdPvTZtCr42 if you wish to go ahead of the techniques i'll be listing here.
There is no such thing like fake TECNO phone
Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by maxjax(m): 9:13pm On Sep 11, 2015
I'm reading
Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by lilmax(m): 9:27pm On Sep 11, 2015
An offshoot of "FAKE " cheesy
Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by hovatek: 4:47am On Sep 12, 2015
Nsonaso:

Then you must not go out much..
Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by Nsonaso(m): 4:58am On Sep 12, 2015
post=37924336:

Then you must not go out much..
And you that must go out much.....
Show me an example of a fake TECNO Phone with their pictures side by side and reasons why one is fake and the other original...
Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by hovatek: 8:05am On Sep 12, 2015
Nsonaso:
And you that must go out much.....
Show me an example of a fake TECNO Phone with their pictures side by side and reasons why one is fake and the other original...

I know your kind too well to argue with you.
I'll just play the silence card on this one.
BTW, if you don't know something, you ask, not argue; thats how you go far in life.
Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by tanfani: 8:08am On Sep 12, 2015
Nsonaso:

See this mumu o!

Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by Nsonaso(m): 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2015
tanfani:

See this mumu o!

For your info one is the earlier and popular P5 you know is the later (the earlier was manufactured by TECNO Mobile when Nigerian eyes were not yet open)....... tomorrow you will still come back here and say MTN 12 digit card is fake and the 16 digit original.

IF YOU LIKE GO HOME AND INSULT YOUR FATHER...........it's fully your personal business

1 Like

Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by Nsonaso(m): 1:19pm On Sep 12, 2015
post=37927287:

I know your kind too well to argue with you.
I'll just play the silence card on this one.
BTW, if you don't know something, you ask, not argue; thats how you go far in life.
BELIEVE IT OR NOT, IT'S YOUR CHOICES! as @ today TECNO is no body for any company in China to copy. Take it or leave it. like I said it's your choice?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2015
INTROVERT:
mumu
Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by chenkov(m): 2:20pm On Sep 12, 2015
Enigma@, i sight u oooo weldone
Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by tanfani: 2:41pm On Sep 12, 2015
Nsonaso:

For your info one is the earlier and popular P5 you know is the later (the earlier was manufactured by TECNO Mobile when Nigerian eyes were not yet open)....... tomorrow you will still come back here and say MTN 12 digit card is fake and the 16 digit original.

IF YOU LIKE GO HOME AND INSULT YOUR FATHER...........it's fully your personal business

You're lost!
So Tecno released M3 that runs on Spreadtrum Chipset abi?
Your ignorance knows no bounds.
Tecno has sold very well in Nigeria so they're worth cloning if for nothing else, at least, their market share.
He who doesn't know, and doesn't know that he doesn't know is a fool, ignore him!
Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by mindtricks: 9:33am On Sep 22, 2015
post=37758183:

Please

Bro plz say it lets hear it. Waiting. . . .
Thanks!
Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by Elxandre(m): 11:33am On Sep 22, 2015
tanfani:

You're lost!
So Tecno released M3 that runs on Spreadtrum Chipset abi?
Your ignorance knows no bounds.
Tecno has sold very well in Nigeria so they're worth cloning if for nothing else, at least, their market share.
He who doesn't know, and doesn't know that he doesn't know is a fool, ignore him!
How are you sure Tecno did not experiment with that?
The fact still remains Tecno is still too little a brand to waste time on cloning.
What will be the profit margin sef
Re: Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone by franconian: 7:45am On Oct 09, 2015
OP, please finish the tutorial. I am following!

Shuooo shocked I type in place of OP and nairaland removed the name. Why an?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno W3 Lte Users!! / ITEL Rewards Students With 500,000 After Dance Competition (pictures) / Loan Real Money Into Your Bank Account From Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.