Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria (62678 Views)

Apply For The 2018 Standard Chartered Bank International Graduate Programme / Standard Chartered Bank International Graduate Programme 2018 / Union Bank 2016 Graduate Trainee Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by Kenny619: 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
caneberry:

I haven't received anything...u?
None really; jst same as Ebbyneza smiley
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by ighodalonosa(m): 8:08am On Oct 03, 2015
ebbyneza:
Did the assessment yesterday and got a success email with my strengths highlighted and another email saying next steps and then a video interview link which I have also completed. 10 questions were asked:
Project done in school in which you are proud of, great mistake made and what you learnt from it, characteristics that you possess that has made you achieve this much till date, how you feel helping others, decision made when confronted with client relationship amidst hectic work schedule, how you recently communicated to a superior to resolve of a situation, working with people of different opinions/ideas
I did just the logical reasoning and i got a regret mail. Any hope? can i still go ahead with the numerical reasoning?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by Kenny619: 12:38pm On Oct 03, 2015
ighodalonosa:

I did just the logical reasoning and i got a regret mail. Any hope? can i still go ahead with the numerical reasoning?

Of course, u should. N do ur best.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by jidluk: 3:37pm On Oct 03, 2015
Even after regret mail?
Kenny619:

Of course, u should. N do ur best.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by emexto(m): 9:27am On Oct 05, 2015
ebbyneza:
Did the assessment yesterday and got a success email with my strengths highlighted and another email saying next steps and then a video interview link which I have also completed. 10 questions were asked:
Project done in school in which you are proud of, great mistake made and what you learnt from it, characteristics that you possess that has made you achieve this much till date, how you feel helping others, decision made when confronted with client relationship amidst hectic work schedule, how you recently communicated to a superior to resolve of a situation, working with people of different opinions/ideas

Bros, pls how were your response to the questions like, we would like an insight Since u have already made it to the next stage,so we can know how to approach our's... God bless you as you have been helpful to every one of us and he will Perfect all that consigns you.IJN Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by ebbyneza(m): 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2015
emexto:

Bros, pls how were your response to the questions like, we would like an insight Since u have already made it to the next stage,so we can know how to approach our's... God bless you as you have been helpful to every one of us and he will Perfect all that consigns you.IJN Amen

All I did was to sight examples when responding, this is the general approach to interviews, even if you have to formulate some examples to buttress your points. There's a few seconds given for you to prepare before the video recording starts, so you can use that time to quickly arrange your thoughts. Ensure you sight work related examples especially something relevant to the company/role you applied for.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by klarke(m): 10:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
hi guys,
thanks for all the contributions. i did the strengths assessment five days ago and got the following mail:

Thank you for completing the Online Strengths Assessment. You will have received your Superpower Report via email outlining your strengths and how you can maximise them.

Your Strengths are a close match to the profile we look for and we would like to invite you to the next stage of our selection process. The next step is for you to complete our Abstract and Numerical Reasoning Assessments.

You will receive a separate link to complete these assessments in the next few days.

Many thanks,

Graduate Talent Acquisition Team
Standard Chartered

since then i haven't heard anything from them. Is there anything i need to do other than to wait?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by stanley102(m): 8:14am On Oct 10, 2015
ebbyneza:

Hello. Please, can you help with tips on how to scale through the strength test. I seem not to be good in handling strength assesment questions.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by emmabod(m): 8:56am On Oct 10, 2015
please how many days does it take to get back to someone after the numerical and logical assessment ?
a friend of mine did his, over 24hrs, he had 70 & 95 respectively, he hasn't been contacted and didn't get a regret mail either.
please, someone should reply
thanks
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by Senbonzakura(m): 2:41pm On Oct 10, 2015
stanley102:

Hello. Please, can you help with tips on how to scale through the strength test. I seem not to be good in handling strength assesment questions.
The assessment doesn't particularly have correct answers IMO but in each question there are usually one or 2 options that stick out as stuff you wouldn't do unless u had no choice. So aim for the least correct first then arrange the other options as u best see them. It's not hard to pass and it's not timed. Good luck
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by topsquino(m): 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2015
emmabod:
please how many days does it take to get back to someone after the numerical and logical assessment ?
a friend of mine did his, over 24hrs, he had 70 & 95 respectively, he hasn't been contacted and didn't get a regret mail either.
please, someone should reply
thanks

I also had 95 & 95 respectively but i have not been contacted. Keeping my finger crossed.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by stanley102(m): 10:56pm On Oct 10, 2015
Senbonzakura:

The assessment doesn't particularly have correct answers IMO but in each question there are usually one or 2 options that stick out as stuff you wouldn't do unless u had no choice. So aim for the least correct first then arrange the other options as u best see them. It's not hard to pass and it's not timed. Good luck

thanks dear. I appreciate.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by ebbyneza(m): 9:17am On Oct 12, 2015
stanley102:

What the strength test wants to really check is your skills in terms of leadership, teamwork, good judgment and others. When confronted with questions, always think of how it will affect the organization, your team and taking responsibility. Questions like: If a junior colleague approaches you for assistance on a particular task and you have loads of work on your hand, what will you do? Tell him you are busy, he should come back? Tell him to approach others because you are busy? Or find out little time from your busy schedule and assist him as quickly as you can and tell him to go ahead but you will join him once you are through with your work? I will go for the last option if I am to select an option. This shows you can help others and at the same time handle pressure at work. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by stanley102(m): 9:24am On Oct 12, 2015
ebbyneza:

What the strength test wants to really check is your skills in terms of leadership, teamwork, good judgment and others. When confronted with questions, always think of how it will affect the organization, your team and taking responsibility. Questions like: If a junior colleague approaches you for assistance on a particular task and you have loads of work on your hand, what will you do? Tell him you are busy, he should come back? Tell him to approach others because you are busy? Or find out little time from your busy schedule and assist him as quickly as you can and tell him to go ahead but you will join him once you are through with your work? I will go for the last option if I am to select an option. This shows you can help others and at the same time handle pressure at work. smiley

Thanks a lot. I appreciate.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by AyoDoll: 10:42pm On Oct 12, 2015
People, I am about to do my video interview, any ideas or tips on what to expect,and questions asked. The more, the better!!
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by caneberry: 12:35pm On Oct 13, 2015
AyoDoll:
People, I am about to do my video interview, any ideas or tips on what to expect,and questions asked. The more, the better!!
scroll up and u will see some questions.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by Ashmark(m): 2:05pm On Oct 16, 2015
How do I pass this exam? I just receive invite
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by Kenny619: 4:15pm On Oct 16, 2015
Ashmark:
How do I pass this exam? I just receive invite
Wch invite?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by Ashmark(m): 5:09pm On Oct 16, 2015
Kenny619:
Wch invite?
To write the assessment
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by Ashmark(m): 5:17pm On Oct 16, 2015
AyoDoll:

Hello AyoDoll, I need to discuss something with you. kindly send me a mail
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by emmabod(m): 9:40pm On Oct 17, 2015
hello house
who's got any feedback from SCB after the video interview
or how many days does it take to wait for the physical interview

thanks
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by emmabod(m): 10:10pm On Oct 17, 2015
caneberry:

I haven't received anything...u?
howfar....any response yet?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by caneberry: 12:00am On Oct 18, 2015
emmabod:

howfar....any response yet?
No response
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by kanubenz: 7:56am On Oct 20, 2015
So after a month of waiting for the status of my application I just got the below regret email.

Hello Bleep,

Thank you taking the time to complete the assessments and video interview for your 2016 International Graduate Programme - Commercial Banking - application.

After reviewing your full application, we regret to inform you that your application has not been successful on this occasion. You displayed a number of personal strengths; however we have received applications from other candidates who have demonstrated strengths that more closely match our requirements

Thank you again for your application and for taking the time to be a part of our selection process.

Best regards,

Standard Chartered
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by Kenny619: 10:29am On Oct 20, 2015
kanubenz:
So after a month of waiting for the status of my application I just got the below regret email.

Hello Bleep,

Thank you taking the time to complete the assessments and video interview for your 2016 International Graduate Programme - Commercial Banking - application.

After reviewing your full application, we regret to inform you that your application has not been successful on this occasion. You displayed a number of personal strengths; however we have received applications from other candidates who have demonstrated strengths that more closely match our requirements

Thank you again for your application and for taking the time to be a part of our selection process.

Best regards,

Standard Chartered
When did u hv ur video interview?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by kanubenz: 1:44pm On Oct 20, 2015
Kenny619:

When did u hv ur video interview?
September 9th
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by emmabod(m): 12:48pm On Oct 26, 2015
This forum has been too quiet for a while.......
what's happening guyz?
actually still waiting for a response after the video interview tho'
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by ebbyneza(m): 2:59pm On Oct 26, 2015
emmabod:
This forum has been too quiet for a while.......
what's happening guyz?
actually still waiting for a response after the video interview tho'
Haven't heard anything yet too!
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 27, 2015
ebbyneza:

All I did was to sight examples when responding, this is the general approach to interviews, even if you have to formulate some examples to buttress your points. There's a few seconds given for you to prepare before the video recording starts, so you can use that time to quickly arrange your thoughts. Ensure you sight work related examples especially something relevant to the company/role you applied for.
pls does one need a webcam software for the video interview?
pls reply
thanks....
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by Kenny619: 11:33pm On Oct 27, 2015
Luke1001:

pls does one need a webcam software for the video interview?
pls reply
thanks....
YES
Re: Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria by Jegede26: 9:21am On Oct 28, 2015
Kenny619:

YES
YAP....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme P-YES: How To Register / My Experience With The Wife Of A Major In The Nigerian Army / This Is An Indian Company You Shouldn't Work For In Nigeria Because Of Racism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.