Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,603 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

From Russia with love - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / From Russia with love (11937 Views)

Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram / Nigeria Buys New Aircraft From Russia / Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Russia with love by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 07, 2015
[size=18pt]"Russia is a midget, I will get her on her knees forever" - Charles XII, Sweden XVII Century.[/size]

Outcome: Sweden lost her great power status forever.

[size=18pt]"I will conquer backward Russia forever" -  Friedrich, mid- XVIII Century.[/size]

Outcome: In 1759, Russian Troops occupy Berlin.

[size=18pt]"Russia is a giant on clay legs" - Napoleon,  XIX Century.[/size]

Outcome:  In. 1814, Russian troops take over Paris after Napoleon's humiliating defeat in Russia

[size=18pt]"I will conquer Russia by the end of the year" - Hitler, XX Century.[/size]

Outcome:  In 1945 the Red Army enters Berlin.

[img]http://workersparty.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/victory_berlin_1945.jpg[/img]

[size=18pt]"Russia is just a regional power" - Obama, XXI century.[/size]

Outcome: September, 2015 Russian troops in Syria.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 12, 2015
Comments?
Re: From Russia with love by melzabull(f): 12:09pm On Sep 12, 2015
Lol...Russia is about the most powerful country in the world militarily....
@Obamas comment, he must be joking. Putin takes. no prisoners cheesygrin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Russia with love by spiralwedge(m): 12:19pm On Sep 12, 2015
I have never seen any citizen of any country as patriotic as the Russians. Others may try but not like the Russians who will sacrifice everything, including giving their lives, to save their country. They kinda worship Russia land like you would worship a god. they have statutes (big or small) for "Motherland Russia" almost in every village and town.

Moreover, history has taught them that they are forever great and the world's alternative.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 12, 2015
Breaking: Barrack Hussein Obama is in for a shocker!

The Iraqi govt has agreed to allow Russia use its airspace to fight ISIS and other insurgents in Syria and Iraq.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/news/middle-east/21025-iraq-to-allow-russia-to-use-its-airspace-for-aid-to-syria

So much for regional playa.

If only GEJ could have brokered military ties with Russia.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Russia with love by baralatie(m): 9:13pm On Sep 12, 2015
it is not our place to be place in personality clashes between the us and Russia e.g Ukraine.
Ukraine did not need the kind of suffering it is going through because of unnecessary partisanship of "I belong to west and east"
that is why I like how east Germany and some east block handled their economic issues( they were no longer interested in been involved unnecessary bickering of ideologies).and have co existed fine.
Gej and Nigeria does not need to be involved in a crusade of who do I belong to because it(Nigeria) was not part of the formation of world power blocks.
what Nigeria is in interested in is how to economically and politically sustain its own sovereignty and have a cordial relationship with all Nations!

Syria did not need to have placed itself in this unnecessary situation.what is the main problem.political identity. all they authorities had to do was to follow the Iran political model and they would be at peace and be thinking of how to solve economic issues but they never had a Gej who would call for peace.
they had access to guns and more guns and the peace they thought they could gain by the use of force has never even branched their way!

God Bless Gej wherever you are!

8 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 12, 2015
Oh, Putin, My Putin - The Lord of Obama & Netanyahu. grin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From Russia with love by CSTR2: 10:02pm On Sep 12, 2015
melzabull:
Lol...Russia is about the most powerful country in the world militarily....

@Obamas comment, he must be joking. Putin takes. no prisoners cheesygrin
Russia is not the most powerful country in the world militarily.
Even putin knows this.
You like russia doesn't mean you should lie to yourself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 13, 2015
CSTR2:
Even putin knows this.

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization otherwise commonly referred to as NATO and which comprises of the US, UK, Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Portugal and a host of Scandanavian and Baltic states was formed specifically to check the red Army of the CCCP. Today after the collapse of USSR, NATO still exists to check the mighty Rusian bear.

The only advantage the US has over Rusdia is in aircraft carriers. Outside this Russia has for every NATO tank 5 and you can not compare the Russian air and non conventional aerial strikes capabilities to the US. For every long, mid and short range missile NATO has, Russia has 10!

During the Thatcher era, it was widely believed that Russsia will occupy all of western Europe in less than 72hrs if they chose to and that the only deterrent was the MAD ( Mutual Assured Destruction) nuclear response that NATO planned to unleash.

Don't mess with mother Russia. From the first post here, you can see how many have met their Waterloo by thinking they could take on the mother bear.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Russia with love by Tkester: 1:04pm On Sep 13, 2015
Russia is far more powerful than the US militarily. Even US knows this, if Russia sneezes US catches cold.

8 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by melzabull(f): 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
CSTR2:
Even putin knows this.
Well I love Russia as much as I love America, but what I do know for a fact is that military, the US hold Russia in awe and deep respect and will dare not wish for a military confrontation against them, most especially when a leader or Putin's pedigree and clout is in power.

Happy Sunday!

4 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by CSTR2: 3:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
melzabull:
Well I love Russia as much as I love America, but what I do know for a fact is that military, the US hold Russia in awe and deep respect and will dare not wish for a military confrontation against them, most especially when a leader or Putin's pedigree and clout is in power.

Happy Sunday!
Of course, the US respects them.
The same way the US respects every nuclear armed nation.
Their nuclear capability is what the US respect and fears.
And that is exactly what russia always remind the US of whenever there is a growing conflict between both sides.
Not the number of highly sophisticated stealth jets, warships or aircraft carriers, but nuclear weapons.
Remove nuclear weapons from the equation, and the US has absolutely no serious military rival.

3 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by melzabull(f): 3:21pm On Sep 13, 2015
CSTR2:
And that is exactly what russia always remind the US of whenever there is a growing conflict between both sides.
Not the number of highly sophisticated stealth jets, warships or aircraft carriers, but nuclear weapons.
Remove nuclear weapons from the equation, and the US has absolutely no serious military rival.
You just proved my first comment to be true.

Nuclear weapons are part of military arsenals/wares, yes or no?

If you answer in the affirmative, it means you agree with my first post thereby making your earlier counter unnecessary. In other words I'm right after all. wink tongue

7 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by CSTR2: 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
Tkester:
Russia is far more powerful than the US militarily. Even US knows this, if Russia sneezes US catches cold.
lol.
The US is the only nation on earth with 5G fighter. Russia has none. They tried to build one and failed due to very steep cost and unavailable highly advanced tech involve.
The US has more sophisticated jets and in much bigger numbers than russia.
Its navy will swallow russia''s.
The US military budget is more than 50% of the rest of the world including russia.
The fact that the US military industrial complex attracts the best brains from every corner of the world is already enough advantage.
The global face of science and technology in virtually every subsector is America.

2 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by Tkester: 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
CSTR2:

Liar! Russia is far ahead of US in all military parameters including fighter jets. U.S. Is only notorious because of its over bloated defence budget spending, even that notwithstanding Russia is still a more powerful force than the Americas.

4 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 13, 2015
CSTR2:
lol.
The US is the only nation on earth with 5G fighter. Russia has none. They tried to build one and failed due to very steep cost and unavailable highly advanced tech involve.
The US military budget is more than 50% of the rest of the world including russia.
The fact that the US military industrial complex attracts the best brains from every corner of the world is already enough advantage.
The global face of science and technology in virtually every subsector is America.

The SU-37 is the stuff of nightmares for US military planners.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Russia with love by tartar9(m): 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
Russia covers about a 4th of earths circumference with harsh climates,conquering it is almost an impossible tasks.its geography has been its major advantage,nothing really special about them.

2 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
tartar9:
Russia covers about a 4th of earths circumference with harsh climates,conquering it is almost an impossible tasks.its geography has been its major advantage,nothing really special about them.

America has two oceans separating it on both sides from the rest of the world.

That is America's strenght coupled with the fact that there will be a gun behind every blade of grass awaiting any invader.

3 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by CSTR2: 3:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
melzabull:
You just proved my first comment to be true.

Nuclear weapons are part of military arsenals/wares, yes or no?

If you answer in the affirmative, it means you agree with my first post thereby making your earlier counter unnecessary. In other words I'm right after all. wink tongue

Yes it is part of military arsenal.
Even at that the US has an overwhelming nuclear capability. The US has planted missile defence systems in poland to stop a significant number of russian nuclear missiles from leaving europe before it even gets to america.
A nuclear war between russia and the US will be a victory for the US though at significantly great cost to the US and the rest of the world.
Russia will not survive it as they will get nuclear pounded by american forces and her allies, the US and the rest of the world though will be severely affected.
This is exactly what the US is afraid of and which russia always use as bragging rights.
The US has much more to lose as the world sole economic and military superpower and as the custodian of global peace and democracy.
The russians don't care who goes down with them.

3 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by FastShipping: 3:40pm On Sep 13, 2015
CSTR2:
lol.
The US military budget is more than 50% 500% of the rest of the world including russia.
Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
CSTR2:
Yes it is part of military arsenal.
Even at that the US has an overwhelming nuclear capability. The US has planted missile defence systems in poland to stop a significant number of russian nuclear missiles from leaving europe before it even gets to america.
A nuclear war between russia and the US will be a victory for the US though at significantly great cost to the US and the rest of the world.
Russia will not survive it as they will get nuclear pounded by american forces and her allies, the US and the rest of the world though will be severely affected.
This is exactly what the US is afraid of and which russia always use as bragging rights.
The US has much more to lose as the world sole economic and military superpower and as the custodian of global peace and democracy.
The russians don't care who goes down with them.

The US is no match to Russia when it comes to ground based missiles

1 Like

Re: From Russia with love by CSTR2: 3:45pm On Sep 13, 2015
Tkester:

Liar! Russia is far ahead of US in all military parameters including fighter jets. U.S. Is only notorious because of its over bloated defence budget spending, even that notwithstanding Russia is still a more powerful force than the Americas.
No serious military analyst will say this.
Not even the most pro-russia.

1 Like

Re: From Russia with love by CSTR2: 3:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
[quote author=FastShipping post=37970476][/quote] my mistake.
Looks like i even underestimated american might.
Re: From Russia with love by CSTR2: 3:52pm On Sep 13, 2015
WombRaiders:

The US is no match to Russia when it comes to ground based missiles

Look, nuclear missiles are obsolete.
The US and russia have enough to destroy each other unhindered.
The real test of power is who has the best anti-missile technology and radar systems. And that is what the US is focused on.
Russia can build up to a million nuclear weapons if they want. As long as the US keeps developing the best anti-missile technology/ missile defence systems in the world specifically created to counter russian missiles, we will always win.

6 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
CSTR2:
Look, nuclear missiles are obsolete.

Tell that to Japan or Iran when they get one

5 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by chino11(m): 3:55pm On Sep 13, 2015
America has the best military and intelligence in the world. Quote me anywhere..
Re: From Russia with love by FastShipping: 3:55pm On Sep 13, 2015
Mr. Op who loves to rant about the Arab affairs and American "military weakness", my advice to you is to stop the foolery. On what planet do you reside? Hating America shouldn't make you lose your senses. You have the right to Hate but you should also be able to see clearly when you are crying and have tears in your eyes.

Russia can never, I repeat that Russia can never sustain a long-haul war. Go and learn what Afghanistan did to Russia. Is there any country that can sustain two wars at the same time in a span of 13 years? American military is built to sustain 50 year war on five fronts. America is the gentle giant of military might. Putin knows this very well. When is Putin going to try to engage one NATO nation in a conflict?

If ever a time happens that Russia ends up in military conflict with the U.S, I rather be on the U.S side because Russia is no match to U.S in terms of arsenal. All Russia can boast of are nuclear arsenal that the entire NATO ready to unleash on Russia if Russia ever try to use it.

The U.S has refrained from showing chest muscle like Putin has been doing in the last 12 years. The Americans know what they have and won't brag about it. Putin can keep boasting and keep showing his insecurity and inferiority. Displaying weapon upgrades doesn't mean you have more arsenal than the U.S.

4 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 13, 2015
Some people are so blind that even their hands miss way to their mouths.

they will be talking of late event as if humans don't have natural progress.

some idiots are still believing that the evil land where more than 50% youths are jobless, where more 30% of its population now depend on govt for feeding has anything to offer.

Be told, the evil land is looking who to lean on it does not have shoulder where someone can lean on.

morally finished.

2 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by chino11(m): 4:01pm On Sep 13, 2015
You have said it all..

FastShipping:
Mr. Op who loves to rant about the Arab affairs and American "military weakness", my advice to you is to stop the foolery. On what planet do you reside? Hating America shouldn't make you lose your senses. You have the right to Hate but you should also be able to see clearly when you are crying and have tears in your eyes.

Russia can never, I repeat that Russia can never sustain a long-haul war. Go and learn what Afghanistan did to Russia. Is there any country that can sustain two wars at the same time in a span of 13 years? American military is built to sustain 50 year war on five fronts. America is the gentle giant of military might. Putin knows this very well. When is Putin going to try to engage one NATO nation in a conflict?

If ever a time happens that Russia ends up in military conflict with the U.S, I rather be on the U.S side because Russia is no match to U.S in terms of arsenal. All Russia can boast of are nuclear arsenal that the entire NATO ready to unleash on Russia if Russia ever try to use it.

The U.S has refrained from showing chest muscle like Putin has been doing in the last 12 years. The Americans know what they have and won't brag about it. Putin can keep boasting and keep showing his insecurity and inferiority. Displaying weapon upgrades doesn't mean you have more arsenal than the U.S.

1 Like

Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 13, 2015
FastShipping:

America packed their bags and left Afghanistan. So what is your point?

7 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by chino11(m): 4:06pm On Sep 13, 2015
Dare America militarily to your peril..

Re: From Russia with love by FastShipping: 4:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
WombRaiders:

America packed their bags and left Afghanistan. So what is your point?

Packed what bags? Pulling out most of U.S military men doesn't mean they are not there. About 20,000 U.S troops are still in Afghanistan today. It seems you haven't been reading recently.

By the way, how many Russian troops left today in Afghanistan since Afghanistan killed and maimed them in long hard war? The war that bankrupted Russia and Russia had to run away from.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

$9.6bn Judgment Debt: How P&ID Promoters Swindled Danjuma / N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme / States With Signed 2018 Budgets In Nigeria (Infographic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.