Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,268 members, 7,807,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 (21191 Views)

Aisha Buhari Replies Shehu Sani As He Likens Nigeria To Animal Kingdom / We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze / I’ve Declared My Assets According To Law – Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by dre11(m): 3:02am On Sep 08, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday told journalists in Accra, Ghana, that he had declared his assets four times since 1975 and challenged the newsmen to investigate the details of his possession.

Buhari asked journalists to use the required law to dig up the records of his four separate asset declarations.

He said, “I recall that in 1975 when late Murtala Mohammed became the Head of State, we were lined up in the corridor – governors, ministers, members of the Supreme Military Council – and officials of the Ministry of Justice were brought and every individual was made to declare his assets.

“So right now, all heads of state and government, governors, ministers, permanent secretaries will have to declare their assets because it is a constitutional requirement.”

The President said it was a constitutional requirement that public officers declare their assets.

He said, “In Nigeria, it is a constitutional issue and that is why I am blaming you gentlemen of the press. If you really want to do investigative journalism, you don’t have to worry me at this stage; I have declared my assets four times.

“When I was governor in 1975, I declared. After being Minister of Petroleum and as a member of Supreme Military Council, I declared. When I was Head of State and now as a President, I also declared.

“I have declared my assets and all that I have four times, and you (the media) have the right to go and demand for my declaration. Instead, I am being harassed.”

Also at a joint press conference with the Ghanian President John Mahama in Accra, Buhari said that he would name his cabinet before the end of this month.

The Senior Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, in a statement, quoted his principal as saying, “After I was sworn-in, I said I will have my cabinet in September. I expect that Nigerians should ask me questions after the 30th of September if I do not do so,”

The President was responding to a question on the appointment of ministers.

He spoke amid concern that he might not name his cabinet this month because the National Assembly would resume from its recess at the end of the month.

The President also said that the Nigerian military, in collaboration with the Multi-National Joint Task Force, had recorded remarkable progress in the fight against Boko Haram since he assumed office.

He stated, “The first thing I did after I came into office was to reorganise the military and clear orders were given to them in terms of retraining, re-equipping and redeployment of troops.

“In the North-East, the military is gaining ground and Boko Haram has been limited to the Sambisa Forest.

“Internally Displaced Persons are gradually moving back home and they are being reintegrated into their respective communities.”

Mahama had said both leaders had fruitful discussions on how to enhance bilateral relations and improve regional security.

He said that Nigeria and Ghana would soon begin the process of reviving their joint commission for cooperation.

The Ghanaian President added that both leaders also agreed to encourage closer cooperation between the intelligence and anti-graft agencies of both countries.

He thanked President Buhari for his visit and assured him of Ghana’s support and cooperation with Nigeria in the fight against terrorism.

In a separate interview with the editor, BBC Hausa, Mansur Liman, Buhari said culprits in the theft of the country’s crude oil in the last few years would be named and prosecuted soon.

The President said top management personnel of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation could not feign ignorance of the goings-on in the corporation in the last 10 years.

Buhari, who spoke in an interview with the editor, BBC Hausa, Mansur Liman, said, “I am very pleased with the reorganisation, we are getting a lot of results, which we hope in a couple of months’ time we can make clear disclosures and start to prosecute those that had been stealing the crude.

Those who have been in charge of NNPC at top level can’t claim ignorance of what has been happening in the last 10 years. And the companies include the shipping companies, which allowed themselves to be used to lift illegal crude from Nigeria or to change at high sea or head to a different destination.”

There had been allegations that the NNPC failed to remit N3.8tn to the Federation Account and allegedly stole 250,000 barrels of crude oil per day under the previous administration.

The NNPC, under the new Group Managing Director, Ibe Kachikwu, had last month announced the cancellation of the contract for the delivery of crude oil to the nation’s refineries in Warri, Port Harcourt and Kaduna.

The government’s oil corporation also announced the termination of the Offshore Processing Agreements entered into in January, 2015, with three companiesp: Duke Oil Company Inc., Aiteo Energy Resources Limited and Sahara Energy Resources Limited.

Under the terminated agreement, NNPC was allocating a total of 210,000 barrels of crude oil per day for refining at offshore locations in exchange for petroleum products at pre-agreed yield pattern.

According to the corporation, the decision to cancel the oil delivery contracts to refineries was taken after proper evaluation of the contract terms.

On the OPA arrangement, the firm said the current agreement was not in the interest of Nigeria and the national oil firm, a development that led to its cancellation.

The NNPC also observed that the structure of the agreement did not guarantee unimpeded supply of petroleum products as delivery terms were not optimal.

To address these lapses, the NNPC informed that it had commenced the process of establishing alternative OPA based on optimum yield pattern with tender processing fees.

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-replies-critics-i-have-declared-my-assets-four-times-since-1974/

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by dre11(m): 3:12am On Sep 08, 2015
Mr. President, please ignore those questioning the sincerity of your declaration. Whether you declare ten billion dollars or ten thousand naira, they will still question you.

They will never be satisfied. It's not really your assets they have a problem with. Some of them still have a 'hangover' from their hero's defeat in the last elections while others are afraid their mentors are about to be jailed for looting Nigeria to stupor and recklessness

243 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by menix(m): 3:16am On Sep 08, 2015
Hmm..
With d mention of 'Investigative journalism' all Scamoteur(APC goons) be shinning 31 nd half teeth..

Investigative journalism in developed nations is not wat is obtainable here, so 'scamoteurs' should take a chill pill..

As d approclaimed Almighty saint of Sahara, is it too big to ask Public Bureau to make them public to silence ur detractors.

When u re certain nd proud of what u boast having, u will go to d mountain top to proclaim and show evidence of it.

Baba let see ur Cert, u said it's in ur file. Abeg which journalist go enta Barrack(In Nigeria) go ask for ur file wen no b spell from Okija hold am...

If getting those "scamorous" asset declaration was easy am sure it should be lying on Fayose's table by now..

Signed;
Shareholder, wailing wailer

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by Newbieeee(m): 3:24am On Sep 08, 2015
Wow.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by ijustdey: 3:27am On Sep 08, 2015
b]Buhari asked journalists to use the required law to dig up the records of his four separate asset
declarations.[/b]

He said, “I recall that in 1975 when late Murtala
Mohammed became the Head of State, we were lined up in the corridor – governors, ministers, members of the Supreme Military Council – and officials of the Ministry of Justice were brought and every individual was made to declare his assets.

seems my president is trying to teach journalist their work of doing investigative journalism and stop harassing him.

I hope the PDP will dig it up and notify the public of discrepancy they see there since they are now the opposition party seeking for relevance again

78 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by raumdeuter: 3:30am On Sep 08, 2015
Baba don't mind the wailers. You have done your part let them go and prove you wrong

If dem like let them add their Papa property to your own

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by Roland17(m): 3:35am On Sep 08, 2015
TANOIDS hear what they want!! they would surely construe his statements but no matter the hate, this is the best we have ever had since the advent of democracy, A disciplined president who exudes the aura of respect.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by 9niceguy(m): 3:35am On Sep 08, 2015
Let them talk

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by OzMingle(m): 3:56am On Sep 08, 2015
PMB!

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by Noloss(f): 4:14am On Sep 08, 2015
Ok.
Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by oduastates: 4:34am On Sep 08, 2015
Still waiting for the 1983 Buhari .
That Buhari is exactly what Nigeria needs.
The one who puts thieves in boxes and cargo them to face the music .
The harm that corruption has wrath on the country has gone beyond treating the thieves with any form of leniency.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by oduastates: 4:48am On Sep 08, 2015
Nothing I would love to see than rid the oil industry and power industry of any Nigerian businesss man .
That includes the downstream sector of the chain.
They can provides services like buses ,helicopters, catering but definitely not oil blocks , oil lifting etc.
I cannot see any tangible value being added by them to the industry .

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by Blackfire(m): 4:57am On Sep 08, 2015
So the wailling waillers wail is getting to bros buhari? The thing pain am somehow.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by Volksfuhrer(m): 4:58am On Sep 08, 2015
You may call PMB whatever you like, but I still believe he's basically an honest man.

34 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by Nobody: 5:22am On Sep 08, 2015
make another 4yrs com sharp sharp...2 vote Buhari again dey hungry me....haters can go & hangover...

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by Burger01(m): 5:34am On Sep 08, 2015
Baba, you will still declare your assets one more time in 2019.

Just how did we ever make the mistake of being scammed by 'Mr. I had no shoes!' NEVER again... NEVER!

Sai Buhari 2019. smiley

Haters and wailers, do the the needful and ....

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:46am On Sep 08, 2015
This is a big challenge to journalists. They, including PDP's BreakingTime, HopeForNigeria and GuardianUSA, should get to work.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by freeDR(m): 5:53am On Sep 08, 2015
Four times in past?

What about now?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by omowolewa: 6:04am On Sep 08, 2015
PMB rely tried, it takes a highly displine leader in Nigeria to declare his asset. GEJ nearly did

To me, PMB's greatest asset is integrity.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by 5starmilitant: 7:40am On Sep 08, 2015
I always tell pipo that good girls are bad girls that have not been caught.
Take it or leave it, Buhari is richer than what he declared.......or maybe he's also suffering from numerical diarrhea.....
ex presidents of Nigeria are paid N23 million monthly, plus added allowances..........later the lying liars came and deceived their slaves that the brainless messiah was only collecting 10% of his own salary that was why he couldn't afford the ticket...........

#mtchewwwwwww, yeye dey really dey smell......

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by veekid(m): 7:40am On Sep 08, 2015
Uhn
Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by TaoBalinga: 7:40am On Sep 08, 2015
Buhari should stop talking.. Ah.. Let him get to work and shun the media..
This government likes publicity, always in the news for minor reasons. Even goodluck jonathan administration did not do it up to thir extent.
Wetin concern us and asset? He can own the whole of katsina for all i care. All im saying is Buhari shud start working and behaving like a president, not like kim kardashian looking for relevance and popularity in the media circle

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 08, 2015
That is baba talking. So proud to be associated with you.. even your body language is making my woman change at home...she now gives me change when she comes from market...PMB till 2025

33 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by Zitoangels(m): 7:41am On Sep 08, 2015
You know,to a thief everyone is a thief. That is why they will keep having sleepless nights about Baba's declaration of asset.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by phayvoursky(m): 7:41am On Sep 08, 2015
WHO ARE THESE ONES CHANTING INTEGRITY HERE AND THERE.

YOU PEOPLE SHOULD GO LOOK NOT FOR JUST THE DICTIONARY MEANING BUT THE BIBLICAL OR QURANIC MEANING OF THAT WORD.

WHAT KEPT HIM BACK FROM DECLARING HIS ASSETS SINCE HE ASSUMED OFFICE THREE MONTHS AGO. THE NATION DEMANDED HIS ASSETS BE DECLARED IMMEDIATELY HE ASSUMES OFFICE WHICH IS THE NORM.

A PRESIDENT OF INTEGRITY WILL HARKEN TO THE VOICE HIS PEOPLE TO PROVE HE HAS THEM AT HEART.

A PRESIDENT OF INTEGRITY WON'T OPERATE A ONE MAN DICTATIVE GOVERNMENT NOR RULE WITH PROPAGANDA.

I ALSO READ LATELY OF HIS UNDISCLOSED SHARES IN PANALPINA WHICH WAS OUTRIGHTLY LEFT OUT IN HIS DECLARATION. WHICH PRESIDENT WITH INTEGRITY WILL DO THESE?

APC AND LIES ARE LIKE BREAD AND BUTTER.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by Pavore9: 7:41am On Sep 08, 2015
Idle minds should go get themselves engaged!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by oluwafemi113(m): 7:41am On Sep 08, 2015

“I have declared my assets and all that I have four times, and you (the media) have the right to go and demand for my declaration. Instead, I am being harassed.”

Baba have spoken

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by morereb10: 7:41am On Sep 08, 2015
oh Gen. come of it, stop being sarcastic.

if you win another election in 2019, u will have to declare your assets again.

so get use to it. after all, is due process which u preach about.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by phayvoursky(m): 7:42am On Sep 08, 2015
omowolewa:
PMB rely tried, it takes a highly displine leader in Nigeria to declare his asset. GEJ nearly did

To me, PMB's greatest asset is integrity.

MAKE I HEAR WORD.

DID YOU SEE ANY ASSET CALLED INTEGRITY IN HIS DECLARATION.

YOU HAVE REFUSED TO KNOW THE TRUTH.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by Glamour09(f): 7:42am On Sep 08, 2015
Intergrity cannot be bought o, baba carry go.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by efilefun(m): 7:42am On Sep 08, 2015
Those fools wailing about the declaration of his assets should go get us GEJ's declared assets when he resumed office and after leaving office cuz its constitutional to do so or they remain silent till the next election. Bunch of deluded enemies of progress

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 by Berrylite: 7:42am On Sep 08, 2015
For the blind Nigerians, he declaring his assets has exonorated him of any financial misappropriation. Y didn't he declare his assets before being elected? So now that he has declared his assets, he is saint. What follows asset declaration, will you monitor his income and expenditure? Who will probe his account after he leaves that office? Will he declare his assets again after he finishes tenure? Nigeria lacks the mechanism to monitor financial ecceses of past leaders. To all educated illiterates and APC attack dogs, get enough fact before you start barking. The worst part is your boss whom u fight, and kill for, will throw you into prison if you disobey the laws of this country.

Whatsap us now on 0.8.0.6.7.2.4.8.2.7.8 to order for clean 9 capable of reducing your weight by 10kg. Its 100% natural with no side effect.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amosun’s Aides, APC Party Members Listed As Dpp’s Candidates For NASS / 63 Obigbo Residents Regain Freedom After 4 Months In Dungeons / Governors Reject Autonomy For Local Government Councils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.