Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son (37635 Views)

BBNaija: 'Based On Logistics 1 & 2' - Checkout This Hilarious Nollywood Movie / Agu From ‘beasts Of No Nation’ Will Be Starring In Next Spiderman Movie / Beasts Of No Nation (film) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by room089: 2:47pm On Sep 08, 2015
One of the good nigerians doing us proud. Not the fraudsters, drug peddlers and ssex workers that drags our reputation to the mud.

1 Like

Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by NSNA: 2:55pm On Sep 08, 2015
3 billion Goodluck money for nollywood, Giving to son to make film lipsrsealed
Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by wiseoneking: 3:03pm On Sep 08, 2015
googlepikin:
Yolobas won't like dis.
And does not hate it as well. Yorubas are great people also.
Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by bummyla(m): 3:04pm On Sep 08, 2015
congratulations Bros! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by Richal20(m): 3:28pm On Sep 08, 2015
Keneking:
With our money right cheesy
which money, ur papa get money ??:@;>

2 Likes

Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by sweetgala(m): 3:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
A terrible corruption of the phrase "beast of no nation" which Fela used to describe the UN and it's insincere dealing with Africa, other 3rd world countries and the African despots and dictatorships of the time. I'd have pictured that title used to illustray illustrate the systematic murder of many African freedom activists and leaders by western nations

The movie does look good and intriguing, before this film comes out you guys should check out the movie mad dog very good movie on the life of child soldiers in Africa

1 Like

Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by sweetgala(m): 3:53pm On Sep 08, 2015
googlepikin:
Yolobas won't like dis.

And why is that , that movies looks very good and we'll put together.

Trust me most Yoruba people are too engrossed in their personal hustle to care about who made the movie.
Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by collins011(m): 4:21pm On Sep 08, 2015
I can see the SUN Risen from the EAST!

Even the Bible let us know that the WISE MEN came from the EAST.

Big Ups!. Dr. Iweala

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by collins011(m): 4:22pm On Sep 08, 2015
I can see the SUN Risen from the EAST!

Even the Bible let us know that the WISE MEN came from the EASTH.

Big Ups!. Dr. Iweala

3 Likes

Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by Missmossy(f): 4:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
Interesting cheesy

I do forward to this.
Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by dukecharles(m): 6:50pm On Sep 08, 2015
Keneking:

Do you know you are stupid? People are putting their God given talent to good use, you are there shouting our money....i pity ur condition

3 Likes

Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by dukecharles(m): 6:54pm On Sep 08, 2015
NSNA:
3 billion Goodluck money for nollywood, Giving to son to make film lipsrsealed
Fool that is what you are, go and get a life... Jealousy won't take you anywhere
Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by rockiedink(m): 7:08pm On Sep 08, 2015
Sadly, a movie based on activities involving Nigeria...about Nigeria's history...and based on a book by a Nigerian...was shot in GHANA!

No suitable location in Nigeria?

I weep!
Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by mazimus(m): 7:19pm On Sep 08, 2015
Igbo! Hmmm

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by DonDiego(m): 7:34pm On Sep 08, 2015
shizzy7:
The novel and Song was based on Happenings in Nigeria about oppressions and all...
The only modification is that he used a child soldier which is one of the things happening now as regards terrorism..

Sorry bro. But the story is only a fictional disguise of the Boy soldiers of Biafra. Uzodinma Iweala was only paying a deep tribute to all the young Igbos who fought and sometimes died i and died in that wicked war. Just like Chimamanda Adichie did with Half of A Yellow Sun. These young brilliant Igbo writers are keeping the history of their heritage on the front burner. God bless them.

3 Likes

Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by zoraro(m): 10:42pm On Sep 08, 2015
Is that President Buhari in Fela's album cover ? grin lipsrsealed
Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by Aikayy: 11:00pm On Sep 08, 2015
shizzy7:
The story is based on Fela's Song - BEAST OF NO NATIONS Which iweala wrote a story/novel from
Google is your Friend..
AND
STOP BEING TRIBALISTIC..
Lol R u a clown.. Fela's what? FELA never sing of govt n ashawo finish! Wetin concern FELA and child soldier?
Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by iamord(m): 11:05pm On Sep 08, 2015
Proudly Ghana. I watched the trailer yesterday. Am waiting for the full launch. I can also see a number of Ghanaians in the movie smiley
Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by Ugosample(m): 11:08pm On Sep 08, 2015
Yes that is him grin grin cheesy cheesy
zoraro:
Is that President Buhari in Fela's album cover ? grin lipsrsealed
Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by nortcentrallord(m): 11:14pm On Sep 08, 2015
The mother raised him well so does his father and he is doing them and all of Nigeria proud including the hollow heads calling his mum all sorts of name because she decided to lend an almost dead country some self service. Funny enough most of those who call Iwealla Ngozi names can never achieve the feat his last child already achieved 10 years ago before they die. Thumbs up boy.

3 Likes

Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by athaboi(f): 12:06am On Sep 09, 2015
Keneking:
. Fool!
Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by aaidel(m): 6:10am On Sep 09, 2015
the useless tribalists on this thread are busy shouting its because of his tribe he succeeded yet we don't see them on the threads of criminal activities perpetrated by their tribesmen smh yeye dey smell
Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by prof800(m): 11:15pm On Sep 09, 2015
shizzy7:
First its The movie CONCUSSION- Story line -- A Nigerian Doctor Played by will smith

NOW another Blockbuster
BEAST OF NO NATION - Story based on THE NIGERIAN writer...major actor IDRIS Elba

NOLLYWOOD YOU'RE NOW SLEEPING
Now sleeping or have been sleeping?
Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by shizzy7(f): 11:27pm On Sep 09, 2015
prof800:

Now sleeping or have been sleeping?
I think they need to audition for entirely New actress (ors)..Nothing is coming out from them except some few producers..
Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by shizzy7(f): 11:38pm On Sep 09, 2015
rockiedink:
Sadly, a movie based on activities involving Nigeria...about Nigeria's history...and based on a book by a Nigerian...was shot in GHANA!

No suitable location in Nigeria?

I weep!
The last thing you should weep for is Location,you should weep for Nollywood other people telling our stories with only few exceptions like Black November, Half of a yellow sun,30 days in Atlanta which were blockbusters,,,Nollywood is sleeping with those old actors(ress)...They can't even do an action film 'cos it's ZOBO-BLOODED toy guns they will be showing...
Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by UjSizzle(f): 11:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
If it'll ever hit our cinemas I'm going to watch. If it doesn't I'll hope Alaba boys come in handy.
Re: Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son by Briareos(m): 8:35am On Sep 10, 2015
UjSizzle:
If it'll ever hit our cinemas I'm going to watch. If it doesn't I'll hope Alaba boys come in handy.

Hmmmm.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Heritage Bank: ‘Tobi Bakre Resigned Prior To BBNaija Show’ / Lepacious Bose: I Stopped Watching BBNaija. This Is Why... / Full List Of Winners At The 2016 AMAA, Africa Movie Academy Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.