Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:21 PM

Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering (36714 Views)

How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture / Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) / FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Maccoy1(m): 10:05am On Sep 08, 2015
Am really confuse, all my life have never considered any other profession other than anything engineering because I love developing things from the scratch I.e I like to construct things like cars,planes, houses with waste materials, But with recent development, I discovered that I have a calling in architecture. but then I also discover that architects only design and go home but civil engineers are involved in every bit of the construction, and that is what I love doing; getting involved in every bit of the job.

Finally with the income aspect of it in nigeria which is more likely to end more or has more job opportunities.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by akaahs(m): 11:33am On Sep 08, 2015
Just follow ur passion, what u believe ur 're good at, what u can give ur best and above all what can give u joy. Know what u want period.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by ayokunlei(m): 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2015
Ask God, he can never mislead you

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Ojestas(m): 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2015
Go with your mind if u don't want to be confused. . . This shouldn't call for a debate.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 08, 2015
Am in civil engineering and I love the course.
Civil engineering all the way...
To know more call 08181424310

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by jazinogold(m): 12:50pm On Sep 08, 2015
wait make I phone a friend!

calling...Architect Nammadi sambo!

I am JAZINOGOLD, and I just want to make common sense!

grin

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Lero15(m): 12:50pm On Sep 08, 2015
Civil engineering.

Studying Engineering will broaden your knowledge.

Engineers actualise the architects' dream.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Abimloaded(m): 12:50pm On Sep 08, 2015
[b]Architecture! Architecture!! Architecture!!!

WHY ? Architecture is the best professional course you can ever study. Architects are the Second God because we create what we conceive !

WHICH COURSE IS LIKE UNTO THEE,
ARCHITECTURE? In school they see us
as the most hard working, simply because
ARCHITECTURE keeps us up most
nights. After school, while graduates of other professions
chase
after job vacancies, we tell Job Vacancies how much we
wish to be paid
if they want us to work for them, just because we are
ARCHITECTS. 1st
class? 2nd class? They are all brilliant. But an
ARCHITECT with a Pass
degree will keep you & your wife as staff in his office,
and on salary
- just because he is an ARCHITECTS. Even if we wish
not to work with
anybody, the jobs come right down to our door steps,
just because we
are ARCHITECTS. And while sitting at home, we make
an average of
100,000naira monthly because we are ARCHITECTS,
you think that's
simple? Then resign from your job and try sitting at
home for 4 days
if you ain't one; call me on phone when you've got
airtime. We can
even make an average of 30-40,000naira every 6days
by simply teaching
people softwares we know in ARCHITECTURE or being
involved in
architectural visualization, just because we are
ARCHITECTS. And for
simply scrambling a collection of lines on paper (which
70% of the
world's professors cannot interpret/read), we get paid;
just because
we are ARCHITECTS. We determine if your hometown/
village will find
development, just because we are ARCHITECTS. Those
skyscrapers and
famous buildings you have promised yourself to visit
before you die,
we built them, because we are ARCHITECTS. For
showing you what your
dream house will look like, we get paid even if you
eventually don't
afford to build it, simply because we are ARCHITECTS.
We do not need
CNN and the NTA Network News to tell people what we
do, every single
house we've designed does all the talking, because we are
ARCHITECTS.
The only profession where you work less (literally,
because you
dictate when to work) but earn more -
ARCHITECTURE. The only
profession that allows you to begin your day by 11am
every single day
but earn more than those who work 29hours (+5 ghost
hours) a day.

#TeamArchitecture
#TeamCreativity[/b]

121 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
go 4 wat yu luv bro
don't go wit d crowd

God has already given yu d talent and ability
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Obiwannn: 12:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
CIVIL PLUS ARCH
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by otswag(m): 12:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
let's keep the issue of which pays more aside. I believe that if u'r doing what you love, the passion becomes natural and ur more likely to succeed. Do not be swayed by the opinion of people. This is your life we're talking about. Just read through your post again. The answer to your confusion is staring back at you. it's as clear as anything can ever be. if u still need me to reinforce that clarity, then here it is; Go for civil. it's ur true passion. it's your love.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by datasells247: 12:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
follow your heart

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by MadCow1: 12:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
Civil Engineering..

It's broader.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Pavore9: 12:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
l believe whatever one is exceptional at will earn him/her a comfortable livelihood.
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Jglad(f): 12:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
u already av ur answer... mere reading ur thread, there lies ur ans
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
Both are lucrative

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Donphilly(m): 12:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
What's wrong if you do both? One degree after the other.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by adeyemi97(m): 12:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
Seek God

MAKAVELI OFFSPRING IN THIS MOTHAF*CKER
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Demmzy15(m): 12:52pm On Sep 08, 2015
Please go for Civil Engineering, you'll be taught partly architecture+engineering. Even in construction sites, Civil Engineers have upper hands to architects,they control things brahh. You'll know more than architects on their own field.

5 Likes

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by kingmekus(m): 12:52pm On Sep 08, 2015
Architectural civil engineering
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by lantessy(m): 12:52pm On Sep 08, 2015
From what you've written up dr. You like Civil Engineering more than Architecture. Why not follow your heart? If you make your passion your work/profession, you work/ profession becomes like play...

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Sijo01(f): 12:52pm On Sep 08, 2015
I like to construct things like cars,planes, houses with waste materials.
Can we see a picture of the above assertion please undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 08, 2015
how many engineers or architect work in thier own field self. go to the financial sectors and seem them in droves, u beta chose any and make sure u get 2.1

10 Likes

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by mezebel(f): 12:53pm On Sep 08, 2015
Zoology good for u

Since at this age u still confuse and clueless like the last otuoke man standing.

Follow ur mind

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by naijainfogalery: 12:53pm On Sep 08, 2015
They are almost the same thing just that one seems to be in the office and one is strictly on the field,. But i think architecture is still embedded in civil cos if you dont understand the the drawing u cant build it

So if u like field work go for civil but if you like office things then go for architecture.

But for me i would go for civil engineering it gets your hand dirty and allows u know more about architecture than even architects

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by WailingWailer00(m): 12:53pm On Sep 08, 2015
The truth is that they aren't even similar
Architecture is mostly about drawing and sketches
Engineering is mostly about construction and structural implementation

If you are very good in mathematics, physics then go for civil engineering
If you're average but love drawing, go for architecture

Architecture enables you start up a firm with little capital after graduation
Civil engineering enables you get a top notch job after months or years of searching

Do what gives you joy and happiness

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by omusiliyu(m): 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2015
Hotel management will be better.
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Drdaps(m): 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2015
Civil is good
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by encryptjay(m): 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2015
Passion bro

Follow your heart and forget the prospects for now. If you're good in your field, you'll enjoy it get your ego grin
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by 5starmilitant: 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2015
mezebel:
Zoology good for u

Since at this age u still confuse and clueless like the last otuoke man standing.

Follow ur mind

So is this all you can offer as a lady? Well.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by mzoyindamola(f): 12:55pm On Sep 08, 2015
Follow ur heart dear

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 08, 2015
omusiliyu:
S
s for soda

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

When You Start Collecting Salary (Photos) / Computer Science: Where Can I Work? / 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.