Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,424 members, 7,781,234 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:04 AM

Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering (36715 Views)

How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture / Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) / FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by harrysterol(m): 12:56pm On Sep 08, 2015
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Karence(f): 12:57pm On Sep 08, 2015
Maccoy1:
Am really confuse, all my life have never considered any other profession other than anything engineering because I love developing things from the scratch I.e I like to construct things like cars,planes, houses with waste materials, But with recent development, I discovered that I have a calling in architecture. but then I also discover that architects only design and go home but civil engineers are involved in every bit of the construction, and that is what I love doing; getting involved in every bit of the job.

Finally with the income aspect of it in nigeria which is more likely to end more or has more job opportunities.

civil engineering is a much better choice for you
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 08, 2015
Sijo01:
I like to construct things like cars,planes, houses with waste materials.

Can we see a picture of the above assertion please undecided
waste material :x like constructing house with milk can
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by kilokeys(m): 12:58pm On Sep 08, 2015
op.. with architecture, ur designs are mainly on paper

civil... u get to understand strength of materials better, still do ur drawings and supervise ur technologists and technicians in building it.

choose ur choice
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by 2sex(m): 12:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
You can do both. But I will prefer you go for civil first and after that learn architecture
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by radesunbo(m): 12:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
As a civil engr, i would advise civil

Civil is the best thing that can happen to you

Its wider than you can imagine

Oppotunities are there in various specialization you choose to branch to

Sorry if i am biased sha

Civil it is
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by mayblow: 12:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
Both are great courses but it depends on your passion and location. What do you like, if it's architecture, then go for it but if it's civil, go for it. To make it in Nigeria as an Architect is not hard as long as you are patient and good at what you are doing. Civil engineers too make it in the country but not like their counterparts in most developed countries. The bottom line is this, if you have any plan of travelling out later, please go for civil engineering as this is much more appreciated in most developed countries, but if you plan staying here in Nigeria, try and go for architecture.
Bu above all, follow your heart and let your passion be your driving force.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 08, 2015
Maccoy1:
Am really confuse, all my life have never considered any other profession other than anything engineering because I love developing things from the scratch I.e I like to construct things like cars,planes, houses with waste materials, But with recent development, I discovered that I have a calling in architecture. but then I also discover that architects only design and go home but civil engineers are involved in every bit of the construction, and that is what I love doing; getting involved in every bit of the job.

Finally with the income aspect of it in nigeria which is more likely to end more or has more job opportunities.

combine the two and go for building tech.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by biggie1: 1:00pm On Sep 08, 2015
Both the Architects and Engrs follow through the construction in ideal situations. Engineers also design. So it depends on what your heart goes after. Do not base your scope to construction of houses alone, maybe then you'll realize both fields are quite wide than you anticipate
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 08, 2015
Building things from scratch doesn't make you a good engineer. My friend learnt that the hard way.
If you're not top notch in mathematics and physics, I suggest you go for architecture or you will regret it.

7 Likes

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by catalanscrew(m): 1:01pm On Sep 08, 2015
All of them are good courses to study but will advise you to go for CIVIL ENGINEERING. Am talking to you from experience and what I have gain in this profession. am a registered Civil Engineer

Ask God to guide you if you're confused.......

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by DrayZee: 1:01pm On Sep 08, 2015
OkeEsibe:
oboy 8th to comment
am gerrin dere
thank yu tu etisalat simple server
Simple server on etisalat? Pls tell how abeg
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by erico2k2(m): 1:02pm On Sep 08, 2015
Maccoy1:

Civil Engineering you can never get it wrong
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by DrayZee: 1:04pm On Sep 08, 2015
mezebel:
Zoology good for u

Since at this age u still confuse and clueless like the last otuoke man standing.

Follow ur mind
So you think he would ask for advice if he knew this kind of response is what he would get?
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by phiszo(m): 1:06pm On Sep 08, 2015
if you are good in mathematics and physics, choose civil engineering. if not, don't even near there. grin
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by spencekat(m): 1:06pm On Sep 08, 2015
Civil Engineering
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 08, 2015
Be the first to listen to this dope jamz #FILE from @itz_soundprince produced by @da_karmax

http:///1ipOpYJ ENJOY
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 08, 2015
mezebel:
Zoology good for u

Since at this age u still confuse and clueless like the last otuoke man standing.

Follow ur mind

U are very wicked grin grin
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Papasmal(m): 1:09pm On Sep 08, 2015
Am an Architect,and I can tell u its a very nice and lucrative profession.

U don't need seeking for job after graduation...u can alwayz be a boss on your own bt make sure are good at it.

Although studying Archi not easy bt I can assure u start making money as an undergraduate.
Architect....Do it in style.

All the same follow ur heart best of luck.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by dedugbaa(m): 1:10pm On Sep 08, 2015
Rather than solicit for advice from a mixed multitude of educated individuals and otherwise why not seek advice from lecturers or student of the school of choice.I would love to advice but it is highly subjective.SEEK PROFESSIONAL COUNSELLING.
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by tabisegroup(m): 1:11pm On Sep 08, 2015
Abimloaded:
[b]Architecture! Architecture!! Architecture!!!

WHY ? Architecture is the best professional course you can ever study. Architects are the Second God because we create what we conceive !

WHICH COURSE IS LIKE UNTO THEE,
ARCHITECTURE? In school they see us
as the most hard working, simply because
ARCHITECTURE keeps us up most
nights. After school, while graduates of other professions
chase
after job vacancies, we tell Job Vacancies how much we
wish to be paid
if they want us to work for them, just because we are
ARCHITECTS. 1st
class? 2nd class? They are all brilliant. But an
ARCHITECT with a Pass
degree will keep you & your wife as staff in his office,
and on salary
- just because he is an ARCHITECTS. Even if we wish
not to work with
anybody, the jobs come right down to our door steps,
just because we
are ARCHITECTS. And while sitting at home, we make
an average of
100,000naira monthly because we are ARCHITECTS,
you think that's
simple? Then resign from your job and try sitting at
home for 4 days
if you ain't one; call me on phone when you've got
airtime. We can
even make an average of 30-40,000naira every 6days
by simply teaching
people softwares we know in ARCHITECTURE or being
involved in
architectural visualization, just because we are
ARCHITECTS. And for
simply scrambling a collection of lines on paper (which
70% of the
world's professors cannot interpret/read), we get paid;
just because
we are ARCHITECTS. We determine if your hometown/
village will find
development, just because we are ARCHITECTS. Those
skyscrapers and
famous buildings you have promised yourself to visit
before you die,
we built them, because we are ARCHITECTS. For
showing you what your
dream house will look like, we get paid even if you
eventually don't
afford to build it, simply because we are ARCHITECTS.
We do not need
CNN and the NTA Network News to tell people what we
do, every single
house we've designed does all the talking, because we are
ARCHITECTS.
The only profession where you work less (literally,
because you
dictate when to work) but earn more -
ARCHITECTURE. The only
profession that allows you to begin your day by 11am
every single day
but earn more than those who work 29hours (+5 ghost
hours) a day.

#TeamArchitecture
#TeamCreativity[/b]

Gospel according to Architecture grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by DrayZee: 1:11pm On Sep 08, 2015
Go for civil engineering. It has a much wider scope than architecture and you learn the basics of architecture too. But only do this if you are good at Mathematics and Physics. Civil engineering will always produce job opportunities. But above all, go for what you are good at. According to your post, that would be civil
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by DrayZee: 1:12pm On Sep 08, 2015
I need to create my own thread but I need a little advice first: Mechatronics vs Astronautics vs Aeronautics vs Mechanical. Which should I take?
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Nuhusky: 1:13pm On Sep 08, 2015
If uptil now you are still confuse go for double honors Bachelor of Architecture Bachelor of Civil
Engineering

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by jaybee3(m): 1:14pm On Sep 08, 2015
WailingWailer00:
The truth is that they aren't even similar
Architecture is mostly about drawing and sketches
Engineering is mostly about construction and structural implementation

If you are very good in mathematics, physics then go for civil engineering
If you're average but love drawing, go for architecture

Architecture enables you start up a firm with little capital after graduation
Civil engineering enables you get a top notch job after months or years of searching

Do what gives you joy and happiness

You still in secondary school right?

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 08, 2015
Stay at home.

there is no job even if use choose any of them.

Lol
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by WailingWailer00(m): 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2015
jaybee3:

You still in secondary school right?
Are you a bastard I graduated from university of Jos in 2013, I'm done serving (NYSC) in Nasarawa state 2014/2015. You're a big fool for such a stupid question, a big big fool
All these small kids for Nairaland sef undecided
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by DrayZee: 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2015
I thought I was the only secondary school student in NL
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Jengenero: 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2015
In the world of building Architecture is the head, whatever a civil Engr can do an architect can do it but no all a architect can do a civil engr can do,

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by phemmy88(m): 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2015
Civil.... I know what 'm saying
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by olaolulazio(m): 1:20pm On Sep 08, 2015
Which one?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

When You Start Collecting Salary (Photos) / Computer Science: Where Can I Work? / 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.