Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,897 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 (6314 Views)

This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... / Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) / Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 08, 2015

Tecno Camon C8 is the modern-day flagship
gadget from Tecno and the web is filled with the
information of this gadget. One blog or the other is
talking about how wonderful the Smart phone is and a
few even claim is the Infinix Killer. In my possess
opinion i suppose thc Tecno Camon C8 is over-hyped
and its not even worth the rate and all the attentions
given to it.

Its true that the Camera is awesome, I will not deny
the awesomeness of the camera but except from the
camera tell me why i should buy this Tecno device?
Huh…

1. Battery
In line with research Africans care in regards to the
battery ability so much and its the first thing they
determine earlier than watching at other elements the
gadget have. Everyone knows the circumstances of
electrical energy in Nigeria. The Tecno Camon C8
comes with a small 3000 mAh Li-ion Battery, you
would feel this battery is adequate but i assure you its
too small for the Nigeria electrical energy .
you can just imagine how bad this could be. A lot of
people might say the battery is 3k because they don't
want it to be heavy and bulky, tell them to check out
the Infinix Ho Note with 4k battery and it still
comes with a sleek portable and awesome design.
How can you enjoy a device the camera with this kind
of battery if you are in a occasion taking shots for 5
hours?

2. Internal Storage

Tecno stated the Camon C8 is notably made for
taking photographs. Real its meant for capturing and
snapping top notch , colorful photographs but have you
ever ever asked how large the dimensions of this pix
are? They arrive in mind blowing sizes like
2MB,3MB but with excellent nice. Do you consider
16GB is sufficient? Camon C8 is meant for taking
pictures and recording beautiful moments but how
lengthy will a 16GBÂ inner STORAGE memory
final. I consider the storage reminiscence is just too
Tecno will have to have made it 32GB .

3. RAM

Are you aware Tecno Camon C8 comes with 1 GB
RAM and consists of a quad-core processor clocked
at 1.Three GHz. Good i don't learn about you but i
believe 1GB RAM is too small for a gadget with so
much concentration as the Tecno Camon C8 also
the speed and processor makes it look like a gadget
intended for youngsters, the Infinix sizzling note
comes with a 1 GB Ram and it uses a Octa-Core
Processor clocked at 1.4 GHz . Additionally
the cost is an excessive amount of for this low finish
specification Tecno device.

4 . OTA Update

Till this moment am yet to see or hear a Tecno device
that ever receives an OTA UPDATE or any kind
of Update. What kind of company doesn’t release
updates for their devices but releases a similar device
with similar design and name but with a new OS.
You might not get what am saying but i will give you
a clear Example. Tecno P5 was released some
years ago with 512MB RAM/2GB ROM
running Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, a year later
Tecno released Tecno P5+ which comes with the
then latest Android 4.4 OS and
1GBRAM/8GB ROM the price is also similar to
that of the Tecno P5 . Why should you buy a
device that doesn’t have future plans for her customers
but will rather exploit you by releasing new devices
and forcing you to sell or dash out your device to get
a new one for one reason or the other. the future
seems bright for more upcoming updates probably
Android MarshMallow 6.0

In conclusion, Tecno will invariably be the bread
winner in the case of cheap and cheap Android
gadgets they're also the first company to c?ompete
against SamSung , Sony , Lenovo and other
top brands within the Nigeria Market before they
have been hijacked by way of brands like Infinix ,
InnJoo and many others as a result of their lack of
effective on-line promoting, strong Advert, Promos
and Banners

Source- http://www.giztng..com/2015/09/five-important-reasons-why-you-should.html?m=0

1 Like

Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by khalhokage(m): 11:19am On Sep 08, 2015
You should give up blogging about tech because you obviously have no idea about what you're talking of, completely clueless.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by gbenga4my(m): 11:34am On Sep 08, 2015
Op gat no point jor, but I would agree with you on the ota update issue, but trust me real soon, dey wud either give up on new phone release or send out updates the reason is simple, now dey av oda brands to compete with . (Mind u, am nt a tecno user.)

3 Likes

Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 08, 2015
grin

khalhokage:
You should give up blogging about tech because you obviously have no idea about what you're talking of, completely clueless.

am very sorry for you

grin

1 Like

Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 08, 2015
gbenga4my:
Op gat no point jor, but I would agree with you on the ota update issue, but trust me real soon, dey wud either give up on new phone release or send out updates the reason is simple, now dey av oda brands to compete with . (Mind u, am nt a tecno user.)

Maybe
Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by yungblurd(m): 12:08pm On Sep 08, 2015
3kmah battery is too small? You don't have a point there. I expect you to link the screen pixels which is about 260ppi to how you won't get the best viewing experience for photographs even at the quality of the camera.
OTA: you have a point, but there's always a way to get around that.
Internal storage: it is expandable.
RAM and clock speed: you have a point.

3 Likes

Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by Whizpeter(m): 12:10pm On Sep 08, 2015
You just made me to waste my mb...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by dayowunmi(m): 12:32pm On Sep 08, 2015
You got a point on the OTA upgrade issue, every other point u listed apart ur last point is utter rubbish, if not for anything sef will further stimulate one to want to get the device.

7 Likes

Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by Mogenerous(f): 12:55pm On Sep 08, 2015
The Op is totally off point. This is a useless post i must say

6 Likes

Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by encryptjay(m): 1:27pm On Sep 08, 2015
And the award for the most stewpid blogger goes to .... grin

This, my friend is what I call top notch neurological backwardness and supreme cluelessness.

8 Likes

Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2015
khalhokage:
grin I swear!
Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 08, 2015
Abeg all my nl haters/fans, whey. Think say I dey post article with no point( just because they no gree) come and read o! I can't stop laughing.

Op. I just no wan talk. But at least your bog go get users, cos you don't always win saying the right stuff, sometimes you need to be 'off-point' grin

Cc
Angels09
BaddestguyP
Reaky
Donhills
gbenga4my

2 Likes

Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 08, 2015
How much be the phone self?

Where 300mah too small
16GB to small
1GB ram to small

Even note 5 has 3000mah and 16GB models with no sd card slot.

But tho we all know its not about the numbers, its about performace

2 Likes

Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by Craven: 2:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
1. 3000 mAh for a battery is not small. And even if it is, there are power banks out there to help. So this isn't a problem.

2. This device comes with a memory card slot to expand memory to up to 32GB. So if 16GB is small, users of this device can expand. Again, this is not a problem.

3. Some people consider 1GB of RAM to be small, others do not find this to be a problem. But for a device that costs around N25,000, you shouldn't expect spectacular features.

4. The only problem this device may pose to users is the lack of OTA updates to improve devices.

1 Like

Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 08, 2015
runzlord:
Abeg all my nl haters/fans, whey. Think say I dey post article with no point( just because they no gree) come and read o! I can't stop laughing.

Op. I just no wan talk. But at least your bog go get users, cos you don't always win saying the right stuff, sometimes you need to be 'off-point' grin

Cc
Angels09
BaddestguyP
Reaky
Donhills
gbenga4my
Don't do tecno
Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by reaky(m): 2:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
khalhokage:

Seconded
This phone is a junk

A friend of mine bought this phone last week Saturday
Brought it to me to copy his contact from his
Lumia device to this tecno
After backing up his contact to memory card from d lumia
I plugged this tecno to charge with nepa o
The battery started charging from 43%
I advice my friend to let it charge to full bar
Before I can start copying his contact and installing some apps he wanted
Not that I can't start doing that while plugged in to charge but because I was busy with my ps vita assassins creed liberation
I continued with my game from minutes to minutes
I checked the tecno to know how many percent charged till I stopped seeing the white blinking light from the home key
Some hours later my friend came back I told him the phone don full Oya on am
He did and handed the phone over to me
I saw select language it was on English on a white and blue background
I click on next d phone did not respond
I click on next again no show for many times
Before my friend collected the phone tried too no show
I collect it back press d power key and d phone light dimmed
I press it again d screen was white very bright
We tried to make the phone comeback to life to no avail
I told him package d phone as u take buy am return am sharpaly
he did he was told to come back on Monday for another one
As at the time of this post they are still telling him stories that touches the heart

runzlord

3 Likes

Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by samodan(m): 3:07pm On Sep 08, 2015
This Gistplus guy even stole the photo from geekng
And slammed his watermark on it.
Shame on you
I'm reporting you ASAP

3 Likes

Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 08, 2015

lol
Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by Defaramade(m): 4:03pm On Sep 08, 2015
datablaze1:
GET DATA WITH US
Fraudster.

2 Likes

Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 08, 2015
runzlord:

grin I swear!
the op summarized the salient point about the phone, pls can you use a phone of 1gb ram?
Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 08, 2015
cheesy am laffing in Hindi
Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 08, 2015
oluwabuse:
the op summarized the salient point about the phone, pls can you use a phone of 1gb ram?

My current phone is 512mb ram undecided

1 Like

Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 08, 2015
reaky:

Seconded
This phone is a junk

A friend of mine bought this phone last week Saturday
Brought it to me to copy his contact from his
Lumia device to this tecno
After backing up his contact to memory card from d lumia
I plugged this tecno to charge with nepa o
The battery started charging from 43%
I advice my friend to let it charge to full bar
Before I can start copying his contact and installing some apps he wanted
Not that I can't start doing that while plugged in to charge but because I was busy with my ps vita assassins creed liberation
I continued with my game from minutes to minutes
I checked the tecno to know how many percent charged till I stopped seeing the white blinking light from the home key
Some hours later my friend came back I told him the phone don full Oya on am
He did and handed the phone over to me
I saw select language it was on English on a white and blue background
I click on next d phone did not respond
I click on next again no show for many times
Before my friend collected the phone tried too no show
I collect it back press d power key and d phone light dimmed
I press it again d screen was white very bright
We tried to make the phone comeback to life to no avail
I told him package d phone as u take buy am return am sharpaly
he did he was told to come back on Monday for another one
As at the time of this post they are still telling him stories that touches the heart

Lol.

Too bad. Why can't people just save money and buy a good phone with known brand name?
Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 08, 2015
runzlord:

My current phone is 512mb ram undecided
indeed. Ihu
Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by Readonee35L(m): 9:24pm On Sep 08, 2015
1) 3000Mah is not a small battery, Nigerians u guys never appreciate anything, how many phones out there are packing up to 3000mah battery
The super big iphone 6+ packs 2,915mah, so you are expecting 5000Mah on a 5inch phone,
the fact is, the Capacity is not the problem but how optimized the is optimized ,cpu, os, ram e.t.c matters on battery life

2)You say the 16gb internal is small, mean while the phone has an expandable memory of up to 64gb memory card, because its Tecno, bbut you wont complain on the iphone 6 or even 6+ that has 16gb memory and 11-12gb usable to the user, And it doesn't even has a memory card space,
your points are not valid,

this is a small device 26-27k for does features??

3) 1gb Ram might be small in the android world, but the Os might be well optimized, and having excess ram might not be needed, i have seen some posts about the phone multitasking and also gaming well

4) i think the newer tecno devices do use ota updates, my younger bro has a phantom z, and it has ota. but am not sure if this device has ota

am not here to support any brand but just to let you know some stuffs, i don't use tecno so don't think am defending it,

if you think am wrong on anything i said , please do correct me

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Four Important Reasons Why You Should Not Use The New Tecno Camon C8 by ayobami52(m): 9:55pm On Sep 08, 2015
Useless and clueless post. Not on point. How can a blogger say 16gb Rom and 3600mAh battery are not adequate. Pls remove ur link ASAP

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Is More Powerful Between The Camon CX And Camon CM? / Fake SIM Registration Agents On The Prowl / How To See Photos On Facebook Via FB Lite – (freebasic Free Mode)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.