Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,411 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole (46326 Views)

Blackhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Blakjewelry(m): 9:33am On Sep 09, 2015
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by dabosuker(m): 9:57am On Sep 09, 2015
Teempakguy:
I love the way you think. wink

Thanks smiley
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by johnydon22(m): 10:00am On Sep 09, 2015
lalasticlala:

Indicate source
Has no source, i wrote it myself. . Only added the pictures from google images, i don't copy articles for my threads. i write them myself....You can look them all up and see

1 Like

Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 09, 2015
RobinHez:

Erm...Proffessor remembered telling him (in the past during the war) to explain everything to him (in the future)
So how's that? undecided
that's a pseudoscience plot hole.

In essence, I think it's a mistake they made. Perhaps even the writers of the script aren't sciency enough to understand the real complication of what they did.
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 09, 2015
RobinHez:

Teem becoming an Atheist?? shocked

That would be too bad...
According to the words of my God, "only a fool says I don't exist" tongue
shocked shocked shocked

I refrain from commenting.
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Oahray: 10:26am On Sep 09, 2015
Hmmm... Even if wormholes and whiteholes turn out to be more than just unproven speculation, even if they could somehow be reproduced (in like 500 years from now), it would have very limited application on earth. Forget sci-fi movies, the frail human body cannot survive the travel through such high energy 'portals'.
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by dabosuker(m): 10:26am On Sep 09, 2015
johnydon22:
If time travel was ever possible to man sometime in the future of mankind, we should have been getting visitors from the future..

so where are the visitors from the future? grin

I have always thought of that too, but......I just refuse to believe that time travel is impossible in either directions, smiley....I just believe the the possibilities are endless, or maybe we do not really understand the concept "Time" smiley
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by johnydon22(m): 10:30am On Sep 09, 2015
Oahray:
Hmmm... Even if wormholes and whiteholes turn out to be more than just unproven speculation, even if they could somehow be reproduced (in like 500 years from now), it would have very limited application on earth. Forget sci-fi movies, the frail human body cannot survive the travel through such high energy 'portals'.
You have a point...
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by DrayZee: 10:43am On Sep 09, 2015
Awesome thread @OP. Never seen a thread about space before on NL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Oahray: 10:45am On Sep 09, 2015
dabosuker:

I have always thought of that too, but......I just refuse to believe that time travel is impossible in either directions, smiley....I just believe the the possibilities are endless, or maybe we do not really understand the concept "Time" smiley
somehow I cannot wrap my mind around time travel backwards. From any angle it still ends up looking like entering a parallel earth with time shift.

Time travel forward might be possible, but perhaps not quite the way we imagine it. Maybe we truly do not understand 'time', and so keep having fantasies of a rewind or fast-forward at will.
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by johnydon22(m): 10:48am On Sep 09, 2015
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by DrayZee: 10:48am On Sep 09, 2015
Pls can someone advice me. Mechatronics vs Astronautics vs Aeronautics vs Mechanical engineering. Which should I study?
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by DrayZee: 10:49am On Sep 09, 2015
Wow OP. I always thought I was the only Nigerian who thought about things like this.
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by ifyn4real: 10:50am On Sep 09, 2015
INTERSTELLA
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Oahray: 10:50am On Sep 09, 2015
FP? Ok, they are going to ruin the thread with unrelated stuff.
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by dannewlife(m): 10:53am On Sep 09, 2015
Educative..... enjoyed every bit of it !
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by johnydon22(m): 10:54am On Sep 09, 2015
Oahray:
FP? Ok, they are going to ruin the thread with unrelated stuff.
Hahahahaha most folks that visit the FP will find this thread particularly very strange, many will be seeing such things for the first time in their lives. Most Nigerian (African) youths knows nothing about science except primary class room 1+1. . . We are in the wrong continent if you ask Teempakguy grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by RobinHez(m): 10:54am On Sep 09, 2015
Teempakguy:
that's a pseudoscience plot hole.

In essence, I think it's a mistake they made. Perhaps even the writers of the script aren't sciency enough to understand the real complication of what they did.

a sci-fi movie must always have that extra bit...to make the story complete and to wet our minds!
Imagine no one knew of what wolverine did except him....it wouldn't make sense atall
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by RobinHez(m): 10:55am On Sep 09, 2015
johnydon22:
Hahahahaha most folks that visit the FP will find this thread particularly very strange, many will be seeing such things for the first time in their lives. Most Nigerian (African) youths knows nothing about science except primary class room 1+1. . . We are in the wrong continent if you ask Teempakguy grin [/n]

[b]you and ur Nigeria youths ehn grin
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by johnydon22(m): 10:59am On Sep 09, 2015
RobinHez:

you and ur Nigeria youths ehn grin
They get me angry men... Imagine here if an Owl cries at night people will start shouting holyghost fire!!!

i will be like WTF undecided Owls hunt at night dummies" undecided

Need Nigerian youths to step up, let us set the pace for other African counties to follow. The western world has long since left us behind in terms of scientific knowledge
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by TheDauraMallam: 10:59am On Sep 09, 2015
RobinHez:

Teem becoming an Atheist?? shocked

That would be too bad...
According to the words of my God, "only a fool says I don't exist" tongue

Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by DrayZee: 10:59am On Sep 09, 2015
I feel the "gods" were actually extraterrestrial beings of higher intelligence who visited earth.
And a large population of the earth have actually witnessed the arrival of UFO's. I think I heard somewhere that Belgium had officially recognized the existence of such beings.
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Oahray: 11:00am On Sep 09, 2015
johnydon22:
Hahahahaha most folks that visit the FP will find this thread particularly very strange, many will be seeing such things for the first time in their lives. Most Nigerian (African) youths knows nothing about science except primary class room 1+1. . . We are in the wrong continent if you ask Teempakguy grin
lol... Well to be fair to Africa, not everyone in other continents is science-inclined.
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by davien(m): 11:00am On Sep 09, 2015
Blakjewelry:

The death of a star does not give birth to a new star, rather the outcome depends on mass or size of the dying star. It can form a white dwarf, neutron star or a black hole
Actually the death of a star in a supernova, sends it's contents(hydrogen, helium, etc) out into space, if it's of sufficient mass, gravity pulls it into a star or planetoid through accretion.
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by sukkot: 11:01am On Sep 09, 2015
as above so below. black hole represents the valley of dry bones aka hell as represented by the dwarf planet eris and its moon dysnomia. white hole is the tabernacle of righteousness aka heaven and worm hole is being in a very low state in hell as in the pluto moon nix and asteroid vesta .
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 09, 2015
RobinHez:

a sci-fi movie must always have that extra bit...to make the story complete and to wet our minds!
Imagine no one knew of what wolverine did except him....it wouldn't make sense atall
grin grin grin
Don't mind these people.

They keep making stupid mistakes. Like how they get an asset like quicksilver to break magneto out of prison but conveniently leave him behind to go save a man from being killed by bullets. undecided

Or how they couldn't have gone back to the sixties and prevented Charles from loosing his legs. grin

Mumu people. . . . cheesy
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by dabosuker(m): 11:04am On Sep 09, 2015
DrayZee:
Wow OP. I always thought I was the only Nigerian who thought about things like this.

Now you know you not the only crazy one smiley
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 09, 2015
davien:
Actually the death of a star in a supernova, sends it's contents(hydrogen, helium, etc) out into space, if it's of sufficient mass, gravity pulls it into a star or planetoid through accretion.
not exactly. The star formed is a dwarf and is sort of a byproduct.

True stars are formed from hydrogen rich nebula.
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by cabaliciouscabal: 11:05am On Sep 09, 2015
johnydon22:
Religion section

for what?. . . .what exactly is the business of physics with religion angry

Don't mind him, it shows dat he is an illiterate, u can see most of d regular commentators ar not contributing to d subject matter, if it were to be iyanya, Jim iyke, Ramsey Noah, Kate Henshaw, matter, dey won't let u have space to comment .

Imagine him saying Seun should move matter of nature to religion, I doubt weda he even know dat scientists don't believe in religion.

My broda pls wait jonathan thread will soon follow, and then u will av ur tym, but now d intellectuals ar discussing.

#wait for ur pairs
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by johnydon22(m): 11:05am On Sep 09, 2015
Oahray:
lol... Well to be fair to Africa, not everyone in other continents is science-inclined.
I know but Africans is like Pheeeew don't even know what to say.

You will see someone zapped by lightening will start blaming his village uncles instead of acknowledging he was standing directly on the path of the lightening..

That reminds me, How to calculate how close you are to a lightening.
Once a lightening flashes, start a stop watch and stop the stop watch immediately the thunder clap follows.

then divide the time by 5. . .If you get less than 0.5 migrate from that area immediately to avoid stories that touch grin but if you have variable above 0.5, you are safe..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by johnydon22(m): 11:10am On Sep 09, 2015
cabaliciouscabal:

Don't mind him, it shows dat he is an illiterate, u can see most of d regular commentators ar not contributing to d subject matter, if it were to be iyanya, Jim iyke, Ramsey Noah, Kate Henshaw, matter, dey won't let u have space to comment .

Imagine him saying Seun should move matter of nature to religion, I doubt weda he even know dat scientists don't believe in religion.

My broda pls wait jonathan thread will soon follow, and then u will av ur tym, but now d intellectuals ar discussing.

#wait for ur pairs
Hahahahahahaha the regular commentators won't even peep here, this surely is not a thread for front page booking or tribal bigotry or political brouhahas.

NL is filled to the brim with such...cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) / Ten Of The Tallest Trees In The World (Pictures) / Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.