Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,681 members, 7,801,963 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) (26542 Views)

Woman Faints After Policemen Arrested Her Only Child For Wearing Black Shirt. / Nigerian Man Fights Two Fake Malaysian Immigration Officers - Pictures / Two Fake Soldiers Rape Teenager In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by Islie: 4:54pm On Sep 08, 2015
A 43-year-old man, Lawal Hakeem, said he impersonated a policeman to get money to fight excruciating hunger. Hakeem was arrested along with Abiodun Ibrahim, 32, at Mile 2 area of the Lagos metropolis by operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS).

The suspect, who was found with a fake police identity card, said he used to be a policeman, but was dismissed for deserting. Hakeem, who resides at 16, Shittu Ajiron, Ajangbadi in Ojo Local Government Area, said: “I got enlisted into the police on April 4, 1989 with force number; 180939 before I was dismissed last year due to absenteeism from work after the death of my wife. Since that time, things have not been easy for me.

I was only parading myself as a policeman only to find means of livelihood.” The RRS Commander, Assistant Commissioner of Police, ACP Olatunji Disu, said his men, while on patrol duty, sighted the suspects who were in mufti and became suspicious of their furtive movements.

According to him the RRS men approached the suspects to find out their business in the area. The duo, believing that esprit de corps would get the policemen off their back, introduced themselves as policemen. But rather than allow them to go, the RRS men probed them further.
During interrogation, Hakeem whipped out a police identity card, later found to be fake. Immediately both of them were arrested. On his part, Ibrahim confessed that he was not a policeman, but Hakeem’s intimate friend. He added that he was just trying to settle dispute that ensued between Hakeem and a private car driver at the spot before the arrival of the police at the scene. Hakeem appealed to the police to forgive him, promising not to impersonate anyone again.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/hunger-drove-me-to-impersonate-police/

Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by DONSMITH123(m): 4:56pm On Sep 08, 2015
Everyday for the thief....

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by agarawu23(m): 4:56pm On Sep 08, 2015
shocked

Them plenty for Lagos especially for 'danfo' buses, then go dey claim staff just to escape tfare.

They should face the music

8 Likes

Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by tayebest(m): 4:58pm On Sep 08, 2015
God bless Nigeria Police! cool

4 Likes

Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by Eneze1(f): 4:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
Good. These people are part of those that tarnish the name of Nigeria police...though they no get better name before tongue

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by veekid(m): 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2015
again??
Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by Feranmicharles(m): 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2015
grin one of the resemble Ialasticlala grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by Dottore: 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2015
Eeeya I just pity these guys by the time the original police would through with them

1 Like

Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by ladyF(f): 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2015
shocked this is the height of impersonation

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by zumarock9(m): 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2015
Befor it was police catch thief
Now na police catch police.

Change is here.

14 Likes

Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by kennyman2000(m): 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2015
Hmmmm.. Hope Arase get to see this.. Useless bunch of people, the bribe done sweet them while they're in service, they're dismissed, they still had to find their ways into the street impersonating..

Check my signature for ur customised wristbands.
Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by henchamb(m): 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2015
The names tho
Any tribe can do crime
Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by adedayourt(m): 5:09pm On Sep 08, 2015
at least its not snakes
Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 08, 2015
grin
Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by Trustyd1(m): 5:09pm On Sep 08, 2015
They should name their backbone
Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by ExInferis(m): 5:09pm On Sep 08, 2015
I quickly rushed in thinking na igboes when i saw the word "fake"

Im disappointed.

Still, IGBOE NA BASTARD

1 Like

Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by leksy07(m): 5:09pm On Sep 08, 2015
well done job...
Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by bmxshop: 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2015
Wow.
Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by Lovexme(m): 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2015
Another meal for the ethnic bigots undecided
Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2015
Very good
Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by pet4ril(f): 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2015
grin grin grin Wallahi, hunger bad grin police in the making
Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by honeygirl17: 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2015
lol

1 Like

Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by naijathings(m): 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2015
fake police.

and dem will enter your danfo and claim staff.
if you force dem to pay then dey will pay with fake money.

fake robbers.
Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by OduntanGabriel(m): 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2015
See Types Of People We Missed On Nairaland..... www.nairaland.com/2583818/types-people-missed-nairaland
Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by teadrake(m): 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2015
Nigeria police in dire need of complete overhauling of personnel.
Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by helpinghands(m): 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2015
This is what happens when you form staff. The economy of this country is really not easy.. Try and do whats right next time
Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by addikt(m): 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2015
Hmm
Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by ijustdey: 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2015
they look like hungry men in that their pics

na kirikiri go quench una hunger now
Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2015
There r many more fake police men on the roads. The authorities shud look inward, fish dem out
Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by nnepep(f): 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2015
Ajo ife#2 bad#

1 Like

Re: Two Fake Policemen Arrested In Lagos (Photo) by Gracemacel: 5:13pm On Sep 08, 2015
Good for them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Bites Off Widow’s Finger, Swallowed It (pic) / Mentally Unstable Nigerian In Malaysia Dips Girl's Head In Swimming Pool (Video) / Nigerian Man Swallows Cocaine In India During Drug Raid, Now Hospitalized

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.