Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,326 members, 7,808,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Family Section And The "Get Separated" Syndrome! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Section And The "Get Separated" Syndrome! (1001 Views)

Family section gist hub / The Return Of The NL FAMILY SECTION DEACTIVATORS! / Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Section And The "Get Separated" Syndrome! by 1love4all: 7:17pm On Sep 08, 2015
Have watched with keen interest, majority of the contributors in the family section speak one lanaguage which is "Get Separated".

Any marital issue brought to these section will surely get that advice.

One wonders if those making such suggestion are even married or they are just being sarcastic.

Am also sure that those that are married among them are enduring worse scenario in homes but will come online to form "Toke Makinwa".

NLers, beware of bad advisers not only in Family section but all other section too.

Is good to seek advise but better to sieve such advises before you regret your decision.

Online characters are "make beilief", they will just destroy your home without even seeing their person.

Look before you leap!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Section And The "Get Separated" Syndrome! by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 08, 2015
Well said man.

They seem to forget easily the commitments involved and sacrifices made before and during the time when the going was good . That t he implication on the wards if brk-up ensues is grave. As if getting separated is bread n butter grin

1 Like

Re: Family Section And The "Get Separated" Syndrome! by Miami11: 7:38pm On Sep 08, 2015
Poster,so you should stay in abusive marriage until your spouse kills you and your children are left orphans for you to separate.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Section And The "Get Separated" Syndrome! by NaijaOptimist: 8:00pm On Sep 08, 2015
1love4all:
Have watched with keen interest, majority of the contributors in the family section speak one lanaguage which is "Get Separated".

Any marital issue brought to these section will surely get that advice.

One wonders if those making such suggestion are even married or they are just being sarcastic.

Am also sure that those that are married among them are enduring worse scenario in homes but will come online to form "Toke Makinwa".

NLers, beware of bad advisers not only in Family section but all other section too.

Is good to seek advise but better to sieve such advises before you regret your decision.

Online characters are "make beilief", they will just destroy your home without even seeing their person.

Look before you leap!

Well said ny bro.

Even people who could not manage courtship will shout divorce like its childs play.
Re: Family Section And The "Get Separated" Syndrome! by greatestluv4all: 8:03pm On Sep 08, 2015
As a lady, have observed these too.

Not many good advisers here.
Re: Family Section And The "Get Separated" Syndrome! by lilmax(m): 8:06pm On Sep 08, 2015
Na today?
Re: Family Section And The "Get Separated" Syndrome! by ronald4lif(m): 8:25pm On Sep 08, 2015
When a lady complains of constant domestic abuse and sought for advice what kind of advice do you expect she get? When a man/woman complains their partner is a chronic cheat and they have done everything humanly possible to ensure they change and they refuse what kind of advice do you want the public to render to them? Oh they should keep praying till thy kingdom come while they're being assaulted and blackmailed I guess?

Not saying that there aren't some advices that are extreme and shouldn't be given but some "get separated" are warranted and in order. Except if you want people to provide false opinion in order to appear sanctimonious when they know deep down such advices are sham and not something they'd tell a loved one.

I think some persons are yet to come to terms that the era when people sugarcoat their opinion and persevere some unbearable and inhumane torture in the name of "for better for worse" union or mislead others just coz they don't want to ruin a ceremonial union is so victorian. I'd not go about telling someone to separate from their partner but same time won't hesitate to render my undiluted opinion just to preserve a marriage. Sought for a public opinion and I would tell it as it is and its up to you to decide.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Section And The "Get Separated" Syndrome! by Stillfire: 8:32pm On Sep 08, 2015
ronald4lif:
When a lady complains of constant domestic abuse and sought for advice what kind of advice do you expect she get? When a man/woman complains their partner is a chronic cheat and they have done everything humanly possible to ensure they change and they refuse what kind of advice do you want the public to render to them? Oh they should keep praying till thy kingdom come while they're being assaulted and blackmailed I guess?
Not saying that there are some advices that are extreme and shouldn't be given but some "get separated" are warranted and in order. Except if you want people to provide false opinion in order to appear sanctimonious when they know deep down such advices are sham and not something they'd tell a loved one.
I think some persons are yet to come to terms that the era when people sugarcoat their opinion and persevere some unbearable and inhumane torture in the name of "for better for worse" union or mislead others just coz they don't want to ruin a ceremonial union is so victorian. I'd not go about telling someone to separate from their partner but same time won't hesitate to render my undiluted opinion just to preserve a marriage. Sought for a public opinion and would tell it as it is and its up to you to decide.

Thank you for saving me from writing a scathing remark to the OP, lol. grin tongue

2 Likes

Re: Family Section And The "Get Separated" Syndrome! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 08, 2015
ronald4lif:

Not saying that there are some advices that aren't extreme and shouldn't be given but some "get separated" are warranted and in order. Except if you want people to provide false opinion in order to appear sanctimonious when they know deep down such advices are sham and not something they'd tell a loved one.

I think some persons are yet to come to terms that the era when people sugarcoat their opinion and persevere some unbearable and inhumane torture in the name of "for better for worse" union or mislead others just coz they don't want to ruin a ceremonial union is so victorian. I'd not go about telling someone to separate from their partner but same time won't hesitate to render my undiluted opinion just to preserve a marriage. Sought for a public opinion and I would tell it as it is and its up to you to decide.

Op categorically stated that not all 'get separated' advises don't worth it. Just that some opinions that are disciples of 'break-up' are like assholes that stinks . Left for the questionnaire to decide the suggestion to flow with anyway.
Re: Family Section And The "Get Separated" Syndrome! by 1love4all: 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

Op categorically stated that not all 'get separated' advises don't worth it. Just that some opinions that are disciples of 'break-up' are like assholes that stinks . Left for the questionnaire to decide the suggestion to flow with anyway.

Any small issue = Get separated!
Re: Family Section And The "Get Separated" Syndrome! by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 08, 2015
1love4all:

Any small issue = Get separated!
Exactly grin
Re: Family Section And The "Get Separated" Syndrome! by Miami11: 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2015
Let people that have been adviced complain. Not yeye onlookers who've never commented but are first to foam hypocrites.

If a relationship is worth separation or divorce we will let you know.

5 Likes

Re: Family Section And The "Get Separated" Syndrome! by byvan03: 9:22pm On Sep 08, 2015
I am sure people like you will prefer this:

https://www.nairaland.com/2585214/see-what-remained-lady-police

2 Likes

Re: Family Section And The "Get Separated" Syndrome! by byvan03: 9:49pm On Sep 08, 2015
Am sure this is better than separation in your opinion.

http://lindaikeji..com/2015/09/7yr-old-girl-narrates-how-her-dad.html

1 Like

Re: Family Section And The "Get Separated" Syndrome! by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 08, 2015
Sorry am pro life before pro marriage. The lady who got stabbed multiple times was from my church and you see id rather someone is separated than died trying to save their marriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Section And The "Get Separated" Syndrome! by deeptesting(m): 11:21pm On Sep 08, 2015
@OP there are cases that requires separation, in actual sense separation is meant to help both cool off and have a rethink about their relationship,examine their behaviors and try to forge a way forward for true reconciliation. However, separation like divorce has it is own process and not just one party moving out of the home without a thorough discussion with the other party as to the time limit of the separation and reasons.

Separation in this part of the world is a dicey game for both partners considering the high rate of infidelity and indiscipline, this is the reason why it is often discouraged as separation could spell the end of the marriage. Up until we stop going into marriage for the wrong reasons, marital conflicts will continue to skyrocket and where it is necessary we will advice they separate to keep both parties sane and alive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Section And The "Get Separated" Syndrome! by yougosee: 12:22pm On Sep 09, 2015
1love4all you don't know them! You remember the parable of the sower that sowed good tares only to discover bad tares in the feld too? Because God hates divorce, the devil has sent out messengers whose only duty is to sow devious seed (divorce) in the mind of weak-willed men and women especially on this forum.
How else do you explain someone asking a man to divorce his young wife simply because she is unhappy whenever there is scarcity of money, without even finding out if the man is a careless spender or not
Everyone here is citing violence, but we all know we have read cases here where a man is asked to divorce his wife simply because she has a very high libido.
Go through Family section, non-violent cases marital issues are all getting the "get separated" advice!!!
Re: Family Section And The "Get Separated" Syndrome! by 1love4all: 12:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
yougosee:
1love4all you don't know them! You remember the parable of the sower that sowed good tares only to discover bad tares in the feld too? Because God hates divorce, the devil has sent out messengers whose only duty is to sow devious seed (divorce) in the mind of weak-willed men and women especially on this forum.
How else do you explain someone asking a man to divorce his young wife simply because she is unhappy whenever there is scarcity of money, without even finding out if the man is a careless spender or not
Everyone here is citing violence, but we all know we have read cases here where a man is asked to divorce his wife simply because she has a very high libido.
Go through Family section, non-violent cases marital issues are all getting the "get separated" advice!!!
Seems to be the only advice available, check all discussion on Marital issues, you will always find Get separated as a solution.
Re: Family Section And The "Get Separated" Syndrome! by 1love4all: 12:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
Miami11:
Let people that have been adviced complain. Not yeye onlookers who've never commented but are first to foam hypocrites.

If a relationship is worth separation or divorce we will let you know.

it is obvious you have an association and you happen to be their spokesperson.

(1) (Reply)

Dubai Declares Three Days Of Mourning As Ruler's Son Dies Of A Heart Attack @ 33 / My Wife Should Never Share My Child's Picture On Any Social Network / What Would You Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.