Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,406 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Mary's Command For Catholics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mary's Command For Catholics (56749 Views)

Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) / Messages From The Lord For Catholics Worshiping Idols (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 9:28pm On Sep 08, 2015
MARY’S COMMAND
In the gospel of St. John, we read of the marriage feast at Cana. Here Mary emphasises the importance of Jesus, her son, and the words that He speaks.
Realising that the wine was gone, and that she herself could not do anything, she tells Jesus, the only One who could do something. Mary then gives the servants A COMMAND, one that we all should consider. “His mother saith unto the servants, WHATSOEVER HE SAITH UNTO YOU, DO IT.” JOHN 2:5
This is the only recording in the Bible where Mary gives a command, so most certainly all Roman Catholics should take heed to her words… ”WHATSOEVER HE SAITH UNTO YOU, DO IT.”
Since the goal of all good Roman Catholics is to get to heaven, let us look in the Bible and do what Mary said we should do; see what Jesus says and do it.

JESUS SAYS… He is the ONLY One that can be your Saviour. “saith unto him, I AM THE WAY, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, BUT BY ME.” JOHN 14:6

HE DID NOT SAY … to trust in saints, the pope, or even His mother, Mary, to save you. “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” ACTS 4:12

JESUS SAYS…FAITH IN HIM is the only kind that can save you. “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” JOHN 3:36

HE DID NOT SAY … special sacrifices or good works were needed to help save you. “But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.” ROMANS 4:5

JESUS SAYS … EVERLASTING life is the only kind He gives, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.” JOHN 5:24

HE DID NOT SAY … it was probationary life which depended on our keeping it or we’d lose it. “And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.” JOHN 10:28

JESUS SAYS … GOD’S words are the only authority to follow. “He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.” JOHN 12:48

HE DID NOT SAY … traditions or the commandments of men were HIS words. “Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. ” “Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.” MARK 7:7&13

Friend, you can RIGHT NOW be saved and know that you have ETERNAL life, if you will put “complete” faith in Jesus Christ and stop relying on yourself, church, sacraments, or anything else to save or help save you. Jesus is the Saviour. Do you believe He can save you, or don’t you? “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.” 1 JOHN 5:13
The very moment you COMPLETELY TRUST Jesus Christ as YOUR Saviour and Lord … THAT VERY MOMENT … you are saved FOREVER (if you don't toy with/remain in sin)!

Source: FELLOWSHIP TRACT LEAGUE, USA and CHRIST SOUL RESCUE MISSION, Nigeria

Content in italics added by me.

Visit www.dailydevotionalsonline.com everyday to read a daily devotional, post a testimony or share a challenge. A problem shared is half-solved.

4 Likes

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 9:32pm On Sep 08, 2015
Nowadays what we have is great swelling words of doctrinal errors coming from altars across the globe.

The problem we have is that most people don't study the bible for themselves with the help of the Holy Spirit.

4 Likes

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 09, 2015
This is can only be your advice to Catholics and not Mary's advice as your post shows that you know very little about Catholicism unlike our blessed mother.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 4:53am On Sep 09, 2015
Ichiato:
This is can only be your advice to Catholics and not Mary's advice as your post shows that you know very little about Catholicism unlike our blessed mother.

No offense Bro, but is knowing about Catholicism supposed to matter in the salvation of any soul?

God's standard and salvation is in Christ Jesus and His word. Any soul that disobeys the words of Jesus Christ would be judged by it in the last day; it is written in the scripture as clear as day!

John 12:48

There is a judge for the one who rejects Me and
does not receive My words: The word that I have
spoken will judge him on the last day.

3 Likes

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by italo: 9:19am On Sep 09, 2015
The OP tells us to obey Jesus...

Then he tells us to disregard Church, Sacraments, Church leaders instituted by Jesus. He tells us to disregard the mother given to us by Jesus.

All these mushroom confused people sef...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 7:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
italo:
The OP tells us to obey Jesus...

Then he tells us to disregard Church, Sacraments, Church leaders instituted by Jesus. He tells us to disregard the mother given to us by Jesus.

All these mushroom confused people sef...

It was Mary who said you should obey Jesus and not the OP.

7 Likes

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 09, 2015
May God continue to bless u OP.

This is epic, after reading this OP will anyone still wonder why Catholics love and cherish Mary more than any creature?

This a woman that understood Jesus more than anybody. Before the disciples even had an iota of knowledge of whom Jesus is, she had already said 'Do whatever, He tells you'

Before people even knew there was a saviour she had already said 'My soul rejoices in the Lord my Saviour'

How then could she lead me astray, when she didn't lead the disciples astray.

How loving of Jesus to hand us over to her care on the cross of calvary.

Thank you Lord for the gift of a wonderful mother for your church.

We will never leave you mummy, your God shall be our God. We will never disobey u, whatever He says we shall do.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 09, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

No offense Bro, but is knowing about Catholicism supposed to matter in the salvation of any soul?

God's standard and salvation is in Christ Jesus and His word. Any soul that disobeys the words of Jesus Christ would be judged by it in the last day; it is written in the scripture as clear as day!

John 12:48

There is a judge for the one who rejects Me and
does not receive My words: The word that I have
spoken will judge him on the last day.

No sir,
knowing about Catholicism does not matter in uour salvation but it matters in judging Catholics.

You cannot judge based on what you don't know about. Clearly the word of God is the judge, and not DoubleDeeX.

Thanks as you continue to work your salvation in fear and trembling and not in judging.

2 Likes

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
VLadipo:

Did mary also Mary also say we should disregard the Church, Sacraments, Church leaders instituted by Jesus? I don't think so undecided. The OP did cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by italo: 9:54pm On Sep 09, 2015
VLadipo:

And it is Mary who asked us to disregard Jesus' sacraments, Church leaders, Mother etc abi?

1 Like

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by misreal(m): 10:01pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:
May God continue to bless u OP.

This is epic, after reading this OP will anyone still wonder why Catholics love and cherish Mary more than any creature?

This a woman that understood Jesus more than anybody. Before the disciples even had an iota of knowledge of whom Jesus is, she had already said 'Do whatever, He tells you'

Before people even knew there was a saviour she had already said 'My soul rejoices in the Lord my Saviour'

How then could she lead me astray, when she didn't lead the disciples astray.

How loving of Jesus to hand us over to her care on the cross of calvary.

Thank you Lord for the gift of a wonderful mother for your church.

We will never leave you mummy, your God shall be our God. We will never disobey u, whatever He says we shall do.

you mean Jesus handed the church over to Mary at the crosshahahahah.....

4 Likes

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
misreal:
you mean Jesus handed the church over to Mary at the crosshahahahah.....

Yes sir, He did or you didn't read where He said to the beloved disciple 'behold your MOTHER'?

2 Likes

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 09, 2015
VLadipo:

That is what She and that my friend is what the Catholic is doing.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
VLadipo:

That is what She said o and that my friend is what the Catholic church is doing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by misreal(m): 12:03am On Sep 10, 2015
dmandy:

Yes sir, He did or you didn't read where He said to the beloved disciple 'behold your MOTHER'?
hahahahahahahhaha.....I am tired of talking to you catholics because you don't listen..I am very sure you don't really believe what you are saying..don't read you bible oh,keep listening to everything your priest tells you.because I guess he will save you the way all the saints you pray to are helping other catholics in purgatory..lol..

5 Likes

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 10, 2015
misreal:
hahahahahahahhaha.....I am tired of talking to you catholics because you don't listen..I am very sure you don't really believe what you are saying..don't read you bible oh,keep listening to everything your priest tells you.because I guess he will save you the way all the saints you pray to are helping other catholics in purgatory..lol..

Okay

Fair enough.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 5:07am On Sep 10, 2015
dmandy:

No sir,
knowing about Catholicism does not matter in uour salvation but it matters in judging Catholics.

You cannot judge based on what you don't know about. Clearly the word of God is the judge, and not DoubleDeeX.

Thanks as you continue to work your salvation in fear and trembling and not in judging.

The word is the judge, did I add anything to it or say anything contrary to what it says in my previous post? Was it not the word I quoted? And if the word is the judge and what you are defending is contrary and not according to the word, then wouldn't it mean that you are making yourself the judge?

Any Church doctrine that is not Biblical should be discarded, that's my point! I'm not condemning you but only trying to point out what the word of God says;

Galatians 1:8-9

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be under a divine curse! As we have said before, even now I say again: If anyone is preaching a gospel to you contrary to what you received, let him be accursed!

^^^

A curse has been laid upon any man and also any angel that will preach/teach anything contrary to the foundation the early Apostles laid. Which means the spirit of God gave them the same message all through. Mind you Apostle Paul wasn't with Peter and the rest of the Apostles when he was arrested by Jesus Christ, yet, his teachings never contradicted or went contrary to what the rest were teaching!

So I think the best thing for any true follower of Jesus Christ in this age of confusion is to go back to the old message written by the Apostles and leave Church doctrines out of the equation; besides what matters in the end is our salvation which has nothing to do with Church doctrines!

I pray Jesus Christ open your eyes of understanding to see the truth in what I'm trying to put accross!

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by italo: 6:18am On Sep 10, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

The word is the judge, did I add anything to it or say anything contrary to what it says in my previous post? Was it not the word I quoted? And if the word is the judge and what you are defending is contrary and not according to the word, then wouldn't it mean that you are making yourself the judge?

Any Church doctrine that is not Biblical should be discarded, that's my point! I'm not condemning you but only trying to point out what the word of God says;

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be under a divine curse! As we have said before, even now I say again: If anyone is preaching a gospel to you contrary to what you received, let him be accursed!

^^^

A curse has been laid upon any man and also any angel that will preach/teach anything contrary to the foundation the early Apostles laid. Which means the spirit of God gave them the same message all through. Mind you Apostle Paul wasn't with Peter and the rest of the Apostles when he was arrested by Jesus Christ, yet, his teachings never contradicted or went contrary to what the rest were teaching!

So I think the best thing for any true follower of Jesus Christ in this age of confusion is to go back to the old message written by the Apostles and leave Church doctrines out of the equation; besides what matters in the end is our salvation which has nothing to do with Church doctrines!

I pray Jesus Christ open your eyes of understanding to see the truth in what I'm trying to put accross!

Shalom!

*please give a straight answer to this question:

What is the pillar and foundation of truth?

The Church or the Bible?

@misreal, please answer too. @dmandy, please watch this space.

smiley
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by misreal(m): 7:01am On Sep 10, 2015
italo:

The Church or the Bible?

smiley
the church sir.if you read your bible regularly,you would have discovered that the church is the gathering of brethren which does not portray any form of denominationalism.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by italo: 7:20am On Sep 10, 2015
misreal:
the church sir.if you read your bible regularly,you would have discovered that the church is the gathering of brethren which does not portray any form of denominationalism.

Then how can you use your interpretation of the Bible to challenge what the Church teaches...when the bible already told you where truth is - The Church?

Do you know better than the bible?

2 Likes

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by misreal(m): 7:33am On Sep 10, 2015
italo:

Then how can you use your interpretation of the Bible to challenge what the Church teaches...when the bible already told you where truth is - The Church?

Do you know better than the bible?
when the church does not teach what aligns with what the bible says,they is a problem..no church has the right to change the bible sir..
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by italo: 7:52am On Sep 10, 2015
misreal:
when the church does not teach what aligns with what the bible says,they is a problem..no church has the right to change the bible sir..

1. So the Church - the pillar and foundation of truth...is now teaching lies?

2. Who decides the correct interpretation of the Bible? You or the Church?

3. Does the Church have a right to determine which books should be in the Bible and which shouldn't be?

4. Did Martin Luther change the Bible when he removed 7 books from it and made his Protestant Bible 66books in the 16th century?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by italo: 8:08am On Sep 10, 2015
misreal:

5. Where did you get the bold from?

6. Do you know that it was the Church that wrote the NT?

7. Who declared the NT closed?

8. When did the Holy Spirit stop inspiring men to write scripture?

3 Likes

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by misreal(m): 8:11am On Sep 10, 2015
italo:

1. So the Church - the pillar and foundation of truth...is now teaching lies?

2. Who decides the correct interpretation of the Bible? You or the Church?

3. Does the Church have a right to determine which books should be in the Bible and which shouldn't be?

4. Did Martin Luther change the Bible when he removed 7 books from it and made his Protestant Bible 66books in the 16th century?
1..your church teaches error...for instance,who taught u to pray the rosary??
2.the father,the son{the word of God )and the holy ghost..1john5:7
3. nope.not even the catholic church because this has been your excuse for ignoring the basic teachings of the bible
4....mtchwww...always trying to ignore the teachings of the bible with this protestant saga..Luther was a catholic remember?

1 Like

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by misreal(m): 8:18am On Sep 10, 2015
italo:

5. Where did you get the bold from?

6. Do you know that it was the Church that wrote the NT?

7. Who declared the NT closed?

8. When did the Holy Spirit stop inspiring men to write scripture?
5.. who taught you to pray the rosary
6.yes
7.The new testament has not been declared closed sir.it will be closed at the second coming of Christ.because it speaks about the new covenant.
8..when did the holy ghost go to sleep?can you even differentiate between the writings that were inspired by the holy spirit,And an ordinary writings.I think if you could,You won't be asking this silly questions.

2 Likes

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 10, 2015
italo:

The Church or the Bible?

smiley

The entire Household of God put together is the pilar and foundation of truth! It's built on the foundation of the Apostles and Prophets with Jesus Christ Himself as the Head and Chief cornerstone! It has nothing to do with any denominational Church anywhere.

Ephesians 2:19-20

Therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens of the saints and members of God's household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.

Timothy 3:15

But if I should delay, so that you may know how it
behooves one to conduct oneself in the household of
God, which is the church of the living God, the
pillar and base of the truth

The early Apostles never had denominations; they preached the same message, by the same spirit, which is what we read in the Bible today! Anything contary their epistles, the words of Jesus Christ and that of the Prophets of old is a denominational error and doctrine of men. That is why I stick only to their letters which makes majority of the Bible's NT...

I don't like running in circles; I believe in personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and that I have found already....I know the truth and I'm free and confident of the path I'm following. So I'm not here to win an argument but to pass a message of truth to other viewers who are willing to learn!

Whatever works for you Mr. Italo; afterall salvation is a personal thing. I pray you make the rapture.

Shalom!
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by italo: 8:37am On Sep 10, 2015
misreal:
1..your church teaches error...for instance,who taught u to pray the rosary??
2.the father,the son{the word of God )and the holy ghost..1john5:7
3. nope.not even the catholic church because this has been your excuse for ignoring the basic teachings of the bible
4....mtchwww...always trying to ignore the teachings of the bible with this protestant saga..Luther was a catholic remember?

1. So where is the Church that is the pillar and foundation of truth? It vanished? Does it also teach error? And who told you the Rosary is error? The Trinity told you that?

2. Then how can you say with certainty that the Rosary is an error when Jesus taught me that. Why are you here taking their place and judging right and wrong interpretation?

3. But that is exactly what happened in 382AD under Pope Damascus in the Synod of Rome. The Catholic Church chose the books to be in the Bible and the books not to be in the Bible out of the many books that were in circulation.

4. Please just answer, so that we can arrive at the truth. When Luther removed 7 books, did he change the Bible?

1 Like

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 10, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

^^^

Shalom!
Amen

What you are trying to put across is based on assumptions. You are assuming that the church doctrines are not biblical but you are wrong. ALL Catholic Church Doctrines are CLEARLY expressed in the Bible.

Last two years, I would have been misled by your gymnastics with scriptures quoted out of context, But Glory to Jesus that I have searched for the truth myself and I am standing on a solid foundation with Bible and Pillar of truth supporting me.

Thanks for trying. But try to find out what the church is doing before judging. Don't Assume.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 10, 2015
misreal:

Waoh

Great, ever wonder how denominations later crept in?
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by italo: 8:49am On Sep 10, 2015
misreal:
5.. who taught you to pray the rosary
6.yes
7.The new testament has not been declared closed sir.it will be closed at the second coming of Christ.because it speaks about the new covenant.
8..when did the holy ghost go to sleep?can you even differentiate between the writings that were inspired by the holy spirit,And an ordinary writings.I think if you could,You won't be asking this silly questions.

5. Jesus. Now can you tell me who told you that if the Church teaches something not aligned with the bible, it's error? It's okay if you say nobody told you.

6. So if the Church teach error, it's bible writings probably contain error. No?

7&8. Are you saying the Holy Spirit is still inspiring men to write scriptures apart from the books of the Bible? Mention one of these books, please?

2 Likes

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 10, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

The entire Household of God put together is the pilar and foundation of truth! It's built on the foundation of the Apostles and Prophets with Jesus Christ Himself as the Head and Chief cornerstone! It has nothing to do with any denominational Church anywhere.

Therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens of the saints and members of God's household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.

The early Apostles never had denominations; they preached the same message, by the same spirit, which is what we read in the Bible today! Anything contary their epistles, the words of Jesus Christ and that of the Prophets of old is a denominational error and doctrine of men. That is why I stick only to their letters which makes majority of the Bible's NT...

I don't like running in circles; I believe in personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and that I have found already....I know the truth and I'm free and confident of the path I'm following. So I'm not here to win an argument but to pass a message of truth to other viewers who are willing to learn!

Whatever works for you Mr. Italo; afterall salvation is a personal thing. I pray you make the rapture.

Shalom!

God bless you for the bold. If you have found the truth, hold on to it but STOP assuming that you are the only one who has.

Glad you know that the church is the pillar of truth, yet you open threads to lie against the church. If you really want to understand what the Catholic church is doing, 'pay a visit'.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by italo: 8:54am On Sep 10, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

Shalom!
Where is that Church which is the pillar and foundation of truth?

It disappeared?

Who told you that it was the apostles that wrote those letters in the Bible?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

I’m Facing Hard Times – TB Joshua / Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me / Aloysius Ikegwuonwu Bishop Reacts To Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.