Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

The Future Of Tecno Mobile Africa Market - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Future Of Tecno Mobile Africa Market (1398 Views)

Spark K7: The Latest Smartphone By TECNO Mobile, See Specs And Price / Launching Of Tecno Camon Cx & Cx Air (Live Updates) / Tecno Mobile Female Marketers Twerk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Future Of Tecno Mobile Africa Market by cooldays(m): 11:05pm On Sep 08, 2015
I can't forget my first Android based Tecno smart phone. It was a black Tecno T3 smart phone I bought in the year 2011. That was four years ago and from experience four years is a long time in the life of a Smart phone company. With many competition for market share in Africa, I want to take a look at the future of Tecno Android Phones and how much of the market it once dominates, it will be able to retain.

http://www.gsmgist.com/2015/09/the-future-of-tecno-mobile-africa-market.html
Re: The Future Of Tecno Mobile Africa Market by Whizpeter(m): 11:17pm On Sep 08, 2015
For those Who don't wanna waste data like I did . . . I can't forget my first Android based Tecno smart phone. It was a black Tecno T3 smart phone I bought in the year 2011. That was four years ago and from experience four years is a long time in the life of a Smart phone company. With many competition for market share in Africa, I want to take a look at the future of Tecno Android Phones and how much of the market it once dominates, it will be able to retain. My love for Android started with the T3 Tecno smart phone which was running the version 2.3 of the Android operating system then. It is a 3.5 inches, 128 megabytes device which back camera was without a flash “that will be also impossible today”. I won't want to go into its details but it was a phone I loved. As poor as the configuration was, I paid sixteen thousand Naira for it "I was using a Nokia E5" four years ago. Soon after, Tecno started coming out with lots of other products and eventually flooded the market with different categories of Android based smart phones that range between eleven thousand to over forty thousand Naira. . Also, according to a 2014 report, Tecno is the second highest smart phone sold across Africa. Samsung “another Android based device" is first and the powerful Iphone is third. But Tecno might not be able to retain the second position for long. Or Tecno might need to do more to retain the second position. This might be due to the following reasons. . QUALITY OF PRODUCTS Tecno like all other phone manufacturers pride itself over the quality of its devices. But I have seen a lot of their products with broken screens and power switch problem. I sometimes don't blame them because it is hard to produce a top quality product and sell at a rock bottom price like 12, 000 naira. My last tecno F5 developed a power switch problem with the first year of usage and that made me to switch to another Android based manufacturer. . OVER THE AIR UPDATES Yeah, I mean system updates or any other updates that might be necessary. A lot of existing products is still lacking the ability to update over the air. This is the ability to push update to users and have them download and install wirelessly. A lot of Africans are beginning to have asked for phones with such ability. They are helpful in fixing bugs quickly and improving the capabilities of the smart phone. . Phone makers like Infinix, blackberry, Samsung and many more are constantly pushing updates to the users of their products. Infinix which is a close competitor has even went a step further by making it latest phone "Infinix hot 2" an Android One device. One of the benefits is that whenever there is an update, it will be made available by Google to the phone ahead if other phones. . COMPETITION The biggest factor will be that of competition that now exist in the market. When I bought my first Android four years ago, unless a buy was going for a product from high end manufacturer like Samsung, there wasn't much option to choose from. Today, the market is flood with some many Android powered smart phones. Injoo, Infinix, Itel, RLG are all fighting for space with Tecno. Hawaii and Lenovo are also gearing up to take a bigger slice of the market. XIAOMI will be coming to Africa this month and Nokia is working on a launch with the Android based Nokia C1. There are many other manufacturers that I am yet to mention. The competition is good for the public but might affect the profitability of Tecno. . ECONOMIC FACTOR As the economies of Africa continue to grow, the people continue to get richer. This might have effect of the way they shop and the type of device they spend their money on. With improved financial status, a lot of Africans will begin to purchase high end products from Samsung, Nexus, HTC, Iphone and others. An increase in the purchase of such products by Africans will definitely reduce the number of low end and mid range devices purchased by them. The major solution for growth available for Tecno and other Africa focused Smart Phone manufacturers is to penetrate new markets across Africa and the Middle East. There are still lots of countries within the Middle East and Africa sub regions that is yet to be saturated. Tecno must also improve the quality of their devices and the experience of users of such devices. When a user enjoys a product, he will recommend it for someone to buy.
Re: The Future Of Tecno Mobile Africa Market by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 09, 2015
No future for Tecno
Re: The Future Of Tecno Mobile Africa Market by cooldays(m): 7:25am On Sep 10, 2015
runzlord:
No future for Tecno

I see them doing the Nokia thing too
Re: The Future Of Tecno Mobile Africa Market by ChidinmaRose(f): 5:45pm On Sep 17, 2015
Tecno has a very good chance of being at the top, they are headed there already
Re: The Future Of Tecno Mobile Africa Market by ChidinmaRose(f): 5:46pm On Sep 17, 2015
Na bad belle you be

runzlord:
No future for Tecno
Re: The Future Of Tecno Mobile Africa Market by Ana5000(f): 12:26pm On Sep 19, 2015
It seems to me that they will soon take over the Nigerian market.

ChidinmaRose:
Tecno has a very good chance of being at the top, they are headed there already
Re: The Future Of Tecno Mobile Africa Market by Nsonaso(m): 1:47pm On Sep 19, 2015
Ana5000:

Well bro you better clean your eyes because with the Exorbitant price tag TECNO are tagging their proposed high end phone, infinix is going to take over..... Infinix Hot and Hot Note sold very well, and if you check bbs.infinix........ Infinix is releasing Android 5 for its 2014 smartphone which Nigeria has been clamoring for

1 Like

Re: The Future Of Tecno Mobile Africa Market by Ana5000(f): 2:55pm On Oct 03, 2015
First of all, I AM A GIRL. Secondly, Infinix had a good market strategy, they partnered with google and jumia and brought out andriod 1 with their latest device. What else? Nothing. They don't have any other thing to offer. Tecno is taking over the market ok.
Nsonaso:

Well bro you better clean your eyes because with the Exorbitant price tag TECNO are tagging their proposed high end phone, infinix is going to take over..... Infinix Hot and Hot Note sold very well, and if you check bbs.infinix........ Infinix is releasing Android 5 for its 2014 smartphone which Nigeria has been clamoring for
Re: The Future Of Tecno Mobile Africa Market by ChidinmaRose(f): 3:01pm On Oct 03, 2015
You might be right

Ana5000:

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

HUAWEI Honor X2 Tab Review / Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update: When Will My Phone Get It? / Aitel And Their Scam (well Played)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.