Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,230 members, 7,807,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender (13926 Views)

Celebrities And Famous People From Delta State (photos) / Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. / 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by Proffdada: 3:09am On Sep 09, 2015
12. Balian Buschbaum

Born female, Buschbaum is a former German Olympic pole vaulter who’s well known around the world.

Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by Proffdada: 3:10am On Sep 09, 2015
11. Chaz Bono

Son of Cher and Sonny Bono, Chaz Bono is a transgender man who’s been a gay rights activist since 2009.

Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by Proffdada: 3:11am On Sep 09, 2015
10. Ines Rau

This 25-year old transgender model is gorgeous, and was born in Paris. Some of her best work includes her steamy photoshoot that took place for France’s popular OOB Magazine.

Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by Proffdada: 3:13am On Sep 09, 2015
9. Jenna Talackova

Talackova is a 26 year-old TV personality and Canadian model. She’s probably most well-known for her disqualification from the 2012 Miss Universe Canadian Pageant – she was disqualified after the judges discovered she was transgender! Today she is an advocate transgender rights.

Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by Proffdada: 3:13am On Sep 09, 2015
8. Amelia Maltepe

This Bangladeshi model currently lives in Canada and was discovered to be transgender during a routine photoshoot for Toronto Sun. Even though she was born male, her biggest aspiration is still to become Miss World.

1 Share

Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by Proffdada: 3:14am On Sep 09, 2015
7. Isis King

As a fashion designer and model, Isis King is a transgender who gained her fame for starring on the 11th season of “America’s Next Top Model”, a show by Tyra Banks. In fact, she was the first ever transgender women to make an appearance on the show.

Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by Proffdada: 3:15am On Sep 09, 2015
6. Lea T

Lea T is a Brazilian supermodel that has risen to become one of the world’s most popular models. She’s part of many fashion campaigns, and…drumroll…she’s transgender! She’s posed nude for Vogue France and even modeled for Riccardo Givenchy. At first glance, it’s tough to tell that she was a male at one point.

Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by Proffdada: 3:16am On Sep 09, 2015
5. Alexis Arquette

Alexis Arquette, born as Robert Arquette, is a transgender actress, performer, musician, and activist. Little do most people know that she’s made appearances on famous movies and television shows including “Californication”, “Roseanne”, “Friends”, “The Wedding Singer”, “Pulp Fiction”, and “party”.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by Proffdada: 3:17am On Sep 09, 2015
4. Laverne Cox

Laverne Cox is an actress as well as an LGBT advocate. She’s probably most famous for her role in the hot new series “Orange is the New Black”.

Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by Proffdada: 3:18am On Sep 09, 2015
3. Dr. Marci Bowers

Marci Bowers is one of the first transgender women to go on and become a surgeon. Her fame came from the fact that she performed surgery on Isis King.

Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by Proffdada: 3:19am On Sep 09, 2015
2. Janet Mock

Like many of the people on this list, Janet Mock is a transgender activist who’s also a writer and staff editor at People.com. She’s famous thanks to her book, “Redefining Realness: MY Path to Womanhood, Identity, Love, & So Much More”.

Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by Proffdada: 3:19am On Sep 09, 2015
1. Carmen Carrera

Carmen Carrera, a performer and reality T.V. star, is also a transgender. She appeared on the third season of “RuPaul’s Drag Race”, and she’s also been featured in the works of famous photographers around the world (including David La Chapelle).

Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by Proffdada: 3:24am On Sep 09, 2015
P.S: Conchita Wurst, Austrian winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2014, laughs a throaty laugh when asked what has changed for her since winning Europe's biggest entertainment contest nearly a year ago. "I'm living my dream," she said. "Everything fell into the right place for me.

cc : lalasticlala ishilove obinoscopy

Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by Nobody: 3:43am On Sep 09, 2015
dis is serious, if person no take time him go dey wire transgender him no go no..
Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by Nobody: 3:46am On Sep 09, 2015
U mean to tell me that these lovely ladies were once men shocked

I'm speechless lipsrsealed
Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by ggrin(f): 3:46am On Sep 09, 2015
Chei
Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by dulux07(m): 3:57am On Sep 09, 2015
Na wao..na 2 dey very careful. No matter how i go notice.
Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by Proffdada: 4:00am On Sep 09, 2015
Laverne Cox should be easy to spot for her role in “Orange is the New Black”

Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by Islie: 4:13am On Sep 09, 2015
She male shockedshocked

Nah person go marry all this ones
Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by boix(m): 5:00am On Sep 09, 2015
ThiS life na waaa oh!
Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by Sommyangel(f): 5:28am On Sep 09, 2015
The females are very beautiful.. BTW I don't know any of them except for laverne
Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by lonelydora: 5:40am On Sep 09, 2015
Why do we have more men transforming into women? I thought they said "action and reaction are equal and oppsite".
Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by sweettease(f): 6:00am On Sep 09, 2015
Hmmmm... I don't know what it feels like being female and trapped in a male body so I'll try not to judge them although this still looks stranger than fiction to me embarassed

1 Like

Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by francizy(m): 6:08am On Sep 09, 2015
ggrin:
Chei

Like say you no be one of them... undecided
Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by Nobody: 6:20am On Sep 09, 2015
So many happenings in this our wonderful world will only leave one speechless. What's the point in this transgender stuff? where is humanity headed?
May God have mercy on humanity
Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by kharyorday: 6:44am On Sep 09, 2015
Men transforming 2 women dat funny.they left there as d head 2 b a supporter
Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 09, 2015
Ok
Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by ggrin(f): 7:05am On Sep 09, 2015
francizy:

Like say you no be one of them... undecided
I no popular na grin
Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by francizy(m): 7:08am On Sep 09, 2015
ggrin:
I no popular na grin

You wey be miss NL? cheesy
Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by horlabiyi(m): 7:22am On Sep 09, 2015
OMG
Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by ggrin(f): 8:28am On Sep 09, 2015
francizy:

You wey be miss NL? cheesy
miss NL ke shocked
Re: 12 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Transgender by vizkiz: 8:29am On Sep 09, 2015
we have many more transgender on NL...any transgender that quotes me HOLY GHOST ****!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ay Show Live:Lady Bares Her N!pples To Ay Comedian Show In Atlanta(Photo) / Oh Chim, What Exactly Is This Guy Doing Do This Girl (adult Photos) / Popular Kenyan Singer Amani Perform With No Pants On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.