Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1235003 members, 1642484 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 April 2014 at 10:56 PM

Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? - Islam for Muslims (1) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? (2621 Views)

Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? / Why Muslims Pray In Arabic? / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by todak(m): 1:46am On May 27, 2009
@ snwanduv

It was customary for Early Christians also prayed towards "East" (Jerusalem) so did the Jews. It started with the Jewish religion which of course influenced the other 2.

And where did you get your facts from, i will like to know more about that, and the infection to islam

@Olabowale
Muslims dont pray towards the east or west or north or south. Rather Muslims pray toward Kaaba; their Qiblah dear to the heart of Muhammad (AS) by Allah's design.

[/color]May i ask why?

Proof of this structure as the structure that Muslim must pray towards, you have to see what people are doing in the Mosque which hused this structure the Kaaba.Everyone in that Mosque, Haram prays facing this structure. Everyone in larger Makka Metropolitan prays towards the Mosque in the process of praying towards Kaaba. Everyone in Surrounding towns and cities and villages prays facing Makka. Everyone in that region and worldwide prays towards the general direction of Makka, hence Masjid Haram, hence specifically Kaaba.

[color=#000099]There must be a specific hidden agena to this, since Allah is not a pagan god, why then an insruction to prya towards kabba, just like that, at least one should be free to pray towards any palce, i feel, but then explain in details, olabowale

If you are on the west side of Saudi Arabia, Makka, Masjid Haram, Kaaba, you face the east. If you are in the East, you face the West, if you are in the North, you face South, if you are in South, you face North, whereever you are you face that structure; Kaaba.

Something must really be cooking, this is driving the whole thing to paganism, so if I pray to Allah facing the west of kabba, my prayer woul not be answered?, Allah can not give such instruction with out a good reason to that, olabowale help with it

Adam faced it; the soil and site existed beoire him. Noah faced it. So did Ibrahim who rebuilt it, after the flood of Noah with the help of his son Ismail. Ibrahim still has a station where two Rakah are made by those who make hajj and umrah.

You have started with your fruitless lies, heh, show me in the quran all you have mention, where they faced and bowed to Allah, do not qoute an hadith for me,
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by snwanduv(m): 2:19am On May 27, 2009
@todak
http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/library/view.cfm?id=1353&CFID=6342212&CFTOKEN=22157184

Jews use/used these verses as rational to pray to the east
Ezekiel 43:1-2
“Then he lead me to the gate which faces the east, and there I saw the glory of the God of Israel coming from the east”

and Ezekiel 43:4

“the Glory of the LORD entered the temple by the way of the gate which faces the east”

I did not say Islam copied Christianity. What i meant was that it is one of the traditions that are similar to all 3 faiths. And we all know that Judaism was the first of the 3, so if there is a similarity, it is not wrong to guess it came from Judaism.

todak:

@ snwanduv

It was customary for Early Christians also prayed towards "East" (Jerusalem) so did the Jews. It started with the Jewish religion which of course influenced the other 2.

And where did you get your facts from, i will like to know more about that, and the infection to islam

@Olabowale
Muslims dont pray towards the east or west or north or south. Rather Muslims pray toward Kaaba; their Qiblah dear to the heart of Muhammad (AS) by Allah's design.

[/color]May i ask why?

Proof of this structure as the structure that Muslim must pray towards, you have to see what people are doing in the Mosque which hused this structure the Kaaba.Everyone in that Mosque, Haram prays facing this structure. Everyone in larger Makka Metropolitan prays towards the Mosque in the process of praying towards Kaaba. Everyone in Surrounding towns and cities and villages prays facing Makka. Everyone in that region and worldwide prays towards the general direction of Makka, hence Masjid Haram, hence specifically Kaaba.

[color=#000099]There must be a specific hidden agena to this, since Allah is not a pagan god, why then an insruction to prya towards kabba, just like that, at least one should be free to pray towards any palce, i feel, but then explain in details, olabowale

If you are on the west side of Saudi Arabia, Makka, Masjid Haram, Kaaba, you face the east. If you are in the East, you face the West, if you are in the North, you face South, if you are in South, you face North, whereever you are you face that structure; Kaaba.

Something must really be cooking, this is driving the whole thing to paganism, so if I pray to Allah facing the west of kabba, my prayer woul not be answered?, Allah can not give such instruction with out a good reason to that, olabowale help with it

Adam faced it; the soil and site existed beoire him. Noah faced it. So did Ibrahim who rebuilt it, after the flood of Noah with the help of his son Ismail. Ibrahim still has a station where two Rakah are made by those who make hajj and umrah.

You have started with your fruitless lies, heh, show me in the quran all you have mention, where they faced and bowed to Allah, do not qoute an hadith for me,
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by todak(m): 11:01pm On May 27, 2009
“Then he lead me to the gate which faces the east, and there I saw the glory of the God of Israel coming from the east”

“the Glory of the LORD entered the temple by the way of the gate which faces the east”

My Gracious God!!!!!!!!!!! wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley, and this point specifically to the early christians, haba why do people give assumption, i hate assumming, here, Ezekiel was talking about the Glory of GOd which entered throught the East gate, so the only interpretation you could give to it is that, is it is the criteria for the early christians right? and does it refer to them, or rather does it refer even to the jew, concerning worshiping God facing the east, well, the verses speaks for them selves. as they do not refer to any form of worship

And from the website(in red), does any biblical verse qouted supports their claim, it was assumptions, kaii

As the lightning comes from the East . . so shall the Son of Man appear" Mt 24:27).

So this verse proves that early xtians faced the east, or could convince them?

"The Orient is his name" (Zec 6:12)

What has this got to do with mode of worship?

Finally, heaven is also the eternal home that we desire. Facing the East was therefore thought to be a way of peering into Paradise, which God had "planted in the East" (Gn 2:cool,

how dare them think, why did they think? it is not there, but cos of the prominence of East, it was thought, without any biblical backup for such

It is by reason of an unwritten tradition that we turn to the East to pray.

Where did they get that tradition from, From the bible, from christ or judaism?

I did not say Islam copied Christianity. What i meant was that it is one of the traditions that are similar to all 3 faiths. And we all know that Judaism was the first of the 3, so if there is a similarity, it is not wrong to guess it came from Judaism.

It wrong to guess from a wrong pespective, mr.
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by snwanduv(m): 5:08am On May 28, 2009
todak:

My Gracious God!!!!!!!!!!! wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley, and this point specifically to the early christians, haba why do people give assumption, i hate assumming, here, Ezekiel was talking about the Glory of GOd which entered throught the East gate, so the only interpretation you could give to it is that, is it is the criteria for the early christians right? and does it refer to them, or rather does it refer even to the jew, concerning worshiping God facing the east, well, the verses speaks for them selves. as they do not refer to any form of worship

And from the website(in red), does any biblical verse qouted supports their claim, it was assumptions, kaii

As the lightning comes from the East . . so shall the Son of Man appear" Mt 24:27).

So this verse proves that early xtians faced the east, or could convince them?

"The Orient is his name" (Zec 6:12)

What has this got to do with mode of worship?

Finally, heaven is also the eternal home that we desire. Facing the East was therefore thought to be a way of peering into Paradise, which God had "planted in the East" (Gn 2:cool,

how dare them think, why did they think? it is not there, but cos of the prominence of East, it was thought, without any biblical backup for such

It is by reason of an unwritten tradition that we turn to the East to pray.

Where did they get that tradition from, From the bible, from christ or judaism?

It wrong to guess from a wrong pespective, mr.

If you are not going to think or read please dont bother to respond.

The article was talking about Early Catholic traditions. And as Catholicism was the first established church it goes along with what i am saying. Except you know more about the History of the catholic church than the authors of the article. Is it my fault the early christians assumed? The fact is that they assumed it and practiced it. I never said the bible told us to, all i said was early christians used to pray to the east. Please stop trying so hard to be right and try to learn.

I did not post the verses to prove that it was fact they prayed to the east. I used the verses to show their rational. And those verses were not used to show why Christians used to pray to the east. I clearly stated it was Jews that used this.

Research the history of the catholic church(thus early christians). There are several similarities between all 3 religions and that is one.
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by todak(m): 9:42pm On May 29, 2009
@snwanduv

I beg your pardon, are you afraid i countered you, i only want you to know that it is wrong to assume, and for your information, i read the post right well.

The article was talking about Early Catholic traditions. And as Catholicism was the first established church it goes along with what i am saying.

And the bible told you the early christians were catholics, and that thats the name Jesus gave to the church right?, Catholism was the first named church, my bible tells me they were called christians, for the first time, not catholics.

Except you know more about the History of the catholic church than the authors of the article.

That is the history of catholics not early christians, so please spare us those catholics stuff, and do you think catholic was the original church christ gave?

Is it my fault the early christians assumed?

It is your fault that you believed it and try to use it to convinve otheres without you having a good reference from the bible. If you follow my posts, i have always said, i hate false assumptions, what do you have to prove that the early christians were catholics?, well, if you have a biblical backup, go ahead with it, but if not, hold your peace.

The fact is that they assumed it and practiced it.

who assumed it? christ, catholics, the apostles or you? asumptions without the true leading is baseless

I never said the bible told us to,

And why did you believe it, which do you beleieve, the bible or the assumptions of what you believe?

all i said was early christians used to pray to the east. Please stop trying so hard to be right and try to learn.

And i asked for prove which you gave to be catholics, adn i asked a=did your bible refer to catholics as the early christians? Yes i always want to learn but not asumptions and falsehood

I did not post the verses to prove that it was fact they prayed to the east. I used the verses to show their rational. And those verses were not used to show why Christians used to pray to the east. I clearly stated it was Jews that used this.

But it was also clearly stated that the website was refering tyo catholics and can not be a ration or move to claim that early christians pray to the east.

Research the history of the catholic church(thus early christians).

That is a different search entirely, not early christians, they can not be refered to as catholics, never, cos the bible did not tell me that.

There are several similarities between all 3 religions and that is one.

And that is what you are after, go ahead, and when you are through with your similarity, then search for the differences and you will see the difference.
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by snwanduv(m): 1:15am On May 30, 2009
Todak it seems you are refusing to think

Just because the bible does not say it does not make it false. The bible stops at a point, it is historical fact that the Roman Catholic Church is the oldest established church. It was the Major if not Only church for a long time shortly after Paul's Death till Martin Luther and the Protestant Revolution.

The CHurch in Rome was already in full bloom 50 years after Christ died, and by 100 AD it had become the dominant church. The church in Rome became known as the Roman Catholic Church.

The church prayed to the East. FACT. A lot of the old Catholic Churches were built oriented to the East, FACT

I do not know or care if the bible says we should pray to the east, the FACT is that the Early Christians prayed to the east. FACT!! That is what i am saying. This does not require extrapolation of scripture or bible knowledge. This is what happened.

This is Historical Fact that can not be disputed. The Bible is not the sole document of Christian History. The Bible does not go past the the Apostolic Age(the era of the apostles). It definitely does not have anything of record past 100 AD.

And no i am not afraid of an internet character, i am just irritated at your refusal to open your eyes. Believing this Historical fact is not sending you to hell.
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by enziga(m): 7:33am On May 30, 2009
I have known silly people before Todak but u definitely take the cake @ And the bible told you the early christians were catholics, and that thats the name Jesus gave to the church right?, Catholism was the first named church, my bible tells me they were called christians, for the first time, not catholics
everybody and their mama knows that the roman catholic church was the only official christian church for a long extended period of time. Stop actin dumb, not everything is documented in the bible.

todak:

@snwanduv

I beg your pardon, are you afraid i countered you, i only want you to know that it is wrong to assume, and for your information, i read the post right well.

The article was talking about Early Catholic traditions. And as Catholicism was the first established church it goes along with what i am saying.

And the bible told you the early christians were catholics, and that thats the name Jesus gave to the church right?, Catholism was the first named church, my bible tells me they were called christians, for the first time, not catholics.

Except you know more about the History of the catholic church than the authors of the article.

That is the history of catholics not early christians, so please spare us those catholics stuff, and do you think catholic was the original church christ gave?

Is it my fault the early christians assumed?

It is your fault that you believed it and try to use it to convinve otheres without you having a good reference from the bible. If you follow my posts, i have always said, i hate false assumptions, what do you have to prove that the early christians were catholics?, well, if you have a biblical backup, go ahead with it, but if not, hold your peace.

The fact is that they assumed it and practiced it.

who assumed it? christ, catholics, the apostles or you? asumptions without the true leading is baseless

I never said the bible told us to,

And why did you believe it, which do you beleieve, the bible or the assumptions of what you believe?

all i said was early christians used to pray to the east. Please stop trying so hard to be right and try to learn.

And i asked for prove which you gave to be catholics, adn i asked a=did your bible refer to catholics as the early christians? Yes i always want to learn but not asumptions and falsehood

But it was also clearly stated that the website was refering tyo catholics and can not be a ration or move to claim that early christians pray to the east.

Research the history of the catholic church(thus early christians).

That is a different search entirely, not early christians, they can not be refered to as catholics, never, cos the bible did not tell me that.

There are several similarities between all 3 religions and that is one.

And that is what you are after, go ahead, and when you are through with your similarity, then search for the differences and you will see the difference.
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by focused123(m): 7:36pm On Nov 28, 2009
@Poster :

They pray facing the east because their Allah's (Saudi Demon) presence is in the East only.

grin
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by Abuzola 1(m): 11:13pm On Nov 28, 2009
Are you that blind, didn't you read what the first post says and its supplementary detailing the reason
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by focused123(m): 3:03pm On Nov 30, 2009
Abuzola 1:

Are you that blind, didn't you read what the first post says and its supplementary detailing the reason

silly
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by dabos: 8:12pm On Nov 30, 2009
georgecso

am just asking
are you a muslim?
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by dabos: 8:17pm On Nov 30, 2009
Abuzola 1

who is focused 123?

is he a kiffir becues i think so bro
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by Abuzola 1(m): 9:23pm On Nov 30, 2009
Focus is a pure kafir
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by focused123(m): 1:49pm On Dec 01, 2009
Both Abuzola and dabos are the greatest kufir.

Your cult stinks !!!
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by Abuzola 1(m): 2:35pm On Dec 01, 2009
focused123:

Both Abuzola and dabos are the greatest kufir.

Your cult stinks !!!

2:113

: The Jews said that the Christians follow nothing (i.e. are not on the right religion); and the Christians said that the Jews follow nothing (i.e. are not on the right religion); though they both recite the Scripture. Like unto their word, said (the pagans) who know not. Allah will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection about that wherein they have been differing.

1 Like

(0) (1) (Reply)

Questions And Answers On Islamic Jurisprudence (fiqh) / Dr Zakir Naik; Who Is He? / Need A Muslim Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.