Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please (35623 Views)

Don't Laugh Me, Love Me ( A Short Story) / The Funny Story Of The Madman (A Story By Heromaniaa) / Supa Story (don't kill yourself) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by neweraomo: 11:18pm On Sep 09, 2015
Too late to read rubbish story
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by omoikea(m): 11:18pm On Sep 09, 2015
very funny...
am just wondering how you guys survived
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by happney65: 11:19pm On Sep 09, 2015
The Male version of naijasinglegirl is here.. grin grin
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by lonelydora: 11:20pm On Sep 09, 2015
The part...... camp speakers who are kings and role models. ....got me laughing.

2 Likes

Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by ogaprime(m): 11:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
Mine was 10k. Some bigger companies paid corpers 15k, 17k. Even heard of 20k but all no lodge, no bed no table no chair.
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by Pronmix(m): 11:29pm On Sep 09, 2015
neweraomo:
Too late to read rubbish story
Why don't you read it first,scared to read?

2 Likes

Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by mashnino(m): 11:32pm On Sep 09, 2015
hahahahahaha...

abeg oo.. make i my own no be like dis ooo
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by kinibigdeal(m): 11:33pm On Sep 09, 2015
generaliy07:
The much anticipated POP (Passing out Parade) finally came, the joy on our faces couldn't possibly be quantified, however, while some were happy, a few others were not, in this category of the not-so-happy corpers were the regular debtors at the Mammy market...some drank so much beer that they ended up owing more than two months allowee, they had to drop their I.Ds before they were allowed to leave camp .

The second set were those who 'enjoyed' their escapades and freebies in camp, the playboys whose major achievement in camp was the number of lingeries they accessed.

There were also others, the camp housewives,who wore a sober look on their faces because they would be separated from their 'husbands'.

The POP started around 8am, with opening prayers by a certain 'senior' corp member from the previous batch, the Ogun state governor never showed up, he only sent a not-so-respected secretary from the Youth ministry, we all murmured when he was introduced, some of us even commented that the Governor seems to have no regard for Corpers, while others think he didn't show up as there was no political gain from such event.

The collection of PPA letter was the last on program for the day, albeit the most important, my prayer was to be posted to a good company, one that pays good money, this explains the joy that erupted on my face when I saw a company name on my PPA letter
"Bl*****d Nigeria limited, I jumped with spontaneous ecstasy, I was the envy of everyone around...

"Biggest boy, did you 'runs' (influence) it? Some asked..

My joy doubled when I got a free NCCF bus to my LGA, where I met two others, a guy and a girl who were posted to the same company.

We gist with great joy, prepared for interview questions and tested ourselves, we talked about dress code but discarded such talks when we were reminded by the NCCF Papa that we were Corpers, hence would go with uniforms and not suits and ties.

We read some "how-to-pass-interview" books sold to us at overrated prices in camp, one funny thing in camp was that every guest speaker was a King,a model, an achiever who has "made it", and is only helping us by coming to tell us how to make it too, they spoke elaborately of the 'wonders' they've been able to achieve...little did we know most of them were hustling marketers,well, while some came to sell their hurriedly downloaded-and-edited books, others came to advertise their brands.

The Igbo boy among us suggested we bench-mark 35000 (Thirty five thousand) naira if asked how much we would like to get paid, 'Nna na 35k o, if I join am with 19800 na over 54k be that, chai see money"

The girl, from Kogi, objected him, she was not the optimistic type, she talked like one who has seen it all, hence knows the reality, after a little argument, we agreed at 30,000 as the least, after all, for them to have requested corp members, the company should be a big one, so we thought.

The D-day finally came, we chartered a taxi cab to take us to the 'city' where our supposed company should be located, the Cab man requested for 2,000 naira, we paid without objecting,afterall we were going to a Big company where the pay will be big, we spent like Kings.

The taxi man appeared to us at first a Mad man when he left the highway and took a small path looking like a village route, we asked if he really knows our destination and he nodded in the affirmative, we then concluded within us that he must be taking a short cut to the Big town.

After a five minute drive, he stopped I front of a fenced compound with rusty gates and bushy environment, the gateman came out and the cab man told him we were going to Bl*****d company, we were expecting the gateman to show us the direction to the big City but instead, he gave us the biggest surprise we've had since we turned corpers, "This is Bl*****p farms"... Oh, we are looking for the company and not the farm, I protested in annoyance, "Yes my boy, this is Bl*****p, he then opened the gate and we were driven in, there were sheeps and a few goats roaming around, we also met some old women peeling cassava, while a dark young man was seen cleaning a place which looked like a fish pond, another young man was grinding the peeled washed cassava tubers, could this be the 'Big company in a big city, or at he least, a big town we anticipated? I almost fainted!

Few minutes later, we were led to the house of the owners of the farm, it was a modest duplex, it was a house of city standard built in the village, we were welcomed by an old man whose fluency in English revealed as educated, he asked a few philosophical questions and laughed at almost every answer we gave, he then gave us some more boring philosophical lectures, garnished with stories of his exploits in his University and Civil service days, we were not invited into the house, he spoke to us besides the fence separating his house from the village maternity center.

Moments later, an equally old but agile woman approached, she was the owner of the company. She asked for our letters which we reluctantly presented, we almost prayed that she rejects us so we could seek better alternatives in the City, but she was so excited to have us around, too excited to send anyone away.

We were given rooms in a compound that looked like an estate, the only one in that village, with street lights and pipe borne water, the reality of the village environment seems to escape us on entering this big compound, we worked tirelessly late into the night arranging our wares.

The day after, we resumed at the farm a few minutes to eight, we had agreed to come to the table with a more reasonable salary of 20,000 naira after considering the present realities.

When it was time to discuss salary, the owner of the farms, Mummy as she was called, chose her terms wisely, she corrected us with "stipends" whenever we mentioned salary.

We were to work for six days a week, Monday to Saturday, from eight to six (8am to 6pm), I almost protested but decided to be calm, thinking the salary would be big enough to warrant such working hours.

"What I pay the previous corp members was 6,000 a monthly"

I asked to be sure if she mentioned 60,000 or 6,000 Naira monthly for six days a week job, she affirmed the later, Jesus wept? so did I !, just that mine was concealed behind frowned eyes.

Source:
https://samueliyanu./2015/09/07/chronicles-of-corper-sam-part-2/

Make me remember my experience in Ilesha, osun state. Nice write up. Atleast, it make me recall my experience during my service year
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by piagetskinner(m): 11:36pm On Sep 09, 2015
Hehe... Nice story... My service year was a smooth one# thanks to God
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by mikky2015: 11:36pm On Sep 09, 2015
Nice story.....really enjoyed...dont worry weeping may last for the night
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by allooy(m): 11:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
BUHARI BODY ODOUR WILL DO SOMETHING MY BRO
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by tiwasiaife(m): 11:43pm On Sep 09, 2015
by Bayo Adeyinka I am writing this post with a lot of caution and trepidation. I have never subscribed to ethnic chauvinism and I actually detest being labelled as a tribal bigot. I am usually very careful because I have friends and colleagues from every part of the nation and some of my best friends are not even from my side of the country. However, recent events are making me to have a deeper reflection and I wish we- Southerners in this instance- can have some kind of introspection. Out of 25 appointments made so far, 18 are from the North, 3 are from the South West, 4 are from the South South while the South East has ZERO appointments. A tweet which I saw today stated that “southerners are only competent when it’s time for elections but northerners are competent in terms of governance” and this made the following thoughts run through my mind: 1. Only Southerners have been accusing fellow Southerners of corruption. Oshiomole has been attacking Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as if Ngozi turned down his marriage proposal. The same Oshiomole tried to make nonsense of Akinwumi Adeshina’s successes in the agriculture sector. Ambode tried to pull Fashola down and successfully smeared him with stains. Maybe that’s why Fashola did not get the Chief of Staff role. I’m yet to see a Northerner accuse another Northerner of corruption, even when they belong to different parties. The closest a Northerner got was when the new Kano State Governor attacked Rabiu Kwankaso but he quickly sheathed his sword and even disowned previous reports of attacks. Why are we like this? 2. Are Southerners the only ones who are corrupt? Were there no northerner heading the ministries and parastatals? Did the outgone Comptroller-General of Customs, Abdullahi Dikko not have an alleged case of certificate forgery but he still served out his tenure until he resigned voluntarily? I’m not in support of corruption under any guise but the fight against corruption must not be seen to be sectional. 3. How come it’s easier for the President to believe that Sanni Abacha was not corrupt in spite of recovered loot while it is so easy for him to believe Goodluck Jonathan is irredeemably corrupt? 4. I still remember that aside from God, Tinubu made Tambuwal what he is today. The same Tambuwal would later call Femi Gbajabiamila ‘incompetent’ and rated Dogara as more competent. The same Tambuwal was propped up by Tinubu, a Southerner against a fellow Southerner, Mulikat Akande. Obasanjo was very key to denying Goodluck Jonathan a second term. A good number can still recall how OBJ tore his PDP membership card in public glare. The Northerners find it easy to support themselves but we are always pulling ourselves down. Babangida Aliyu, Sule Lamido and all the other Northern Governors including the former PDP Chairman Adamu Muazu often times refused to campaign for Goodluck Jonathan openly and many times even espoused the virtues of the opposing candidate on the rostrum! 5. Southern leaders and Presidents pull down Southern business men but prop up Northern ones. How many people still remember how Obasanjo ran Mike Adenuga out of town but both Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan made Aliko Dangote what he is today. No northern leader goes against their own. I dare to put it on record that President Buhari will never go against Aliko Dangote for any reason. 6. How come OBJ pardoned Salisu Buhari, the ex- Speaker who forged his credentials and he later was given an appointment as a Governing Council member of a University and heavens did not fall- but when Goodluck Jonathan pardoned Alamieyeseigha it became one of the major issues counted against him? Is there one rule for some and another rule for others? 7. We find it easy to raise our voices in support of the deportation of Buruji Kashamu but have no qualms with Atiku Abubakar strutting around the corridors of power. 8. Only Southerners find it so easy to abuse their elders when they voice opinions not in tandem with the popular opinion. We find it easy to diss Afenifere elders and call them ‘Afenifebi’ while hurling expletives and curses at them. We even abuse our kings and priests. Northerners will never abuse an Emir no matter how unpopular what he said is. Can you imagine any Northerner raising his voice against the Sultan? In spite of Tanko Yakassai, Balarabe Musa and Dangiwa Umar’s perceived support for Jonathan, northern youths did not abuse them. But our own youths run down our elders on social media while our educated elite also support the act. These are some of the thoughts that have been running through my mind. I don’t pretend to have all the answers and I do this at the risk of being labelled an ethnic bigot. The point however is that Southerners have to get their acts right. We have to put our house in order. The bickering must stop. Let’s engage our emotional intelligence. Let’s not allow others to exploit our tendency to self-destruct. Bayo Adeyinka is a journalist. This article was originally published on his blog, Bayo Adeyinka. Connect with him on Facebook . The opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the author.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by allooy(m): 11:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
allooy:

BUHARI BODY ODOUR WILL DO SOMETHING MY BRO

His body odour is already fixing many things in Nigeria.

He will soon start paying graduate 30k per month for one year after service year.
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by airsaylongcon: 11:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
happney65:
The Male version of naijasinglegirl is here.. grin grin

My exact thoughts. Immediately I finished reading this write up I went to the blog. And I wasn't disappointed either. There was a story of a small-nosed student that could smell trouble from afar. I laughed hard.

If our traffic is what he needs to blow it is well worth it.

OP, you are a good story teller

1 Like

Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by Rapoo(m): 11:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
Wow!! Am serving in ogun state too, batch C, mine own story seems similar to urs. Just dat my own ironic moment started immediately I collected my posting letter on camp. But right now I can boldly testify dat it is a blessing in disguise.......... #thankGodForMyNYSCServiceYear dat is coming to an end...

#Godwin
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by excod: 11:50pm On Sep 09, 2015
yu are one of d lucky corp member to be collecting such amount. Pls, ask pple dat served in KOGI state hw much dey received. Some 11k/22k @ end of service yr, while some 2k per month, others are not even pay @all. I only feel sorry 4 yu concerning d time and range of days yu spend there. But yu av option dis tym.
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by UjSizzle(f): 11:50pm On Sep 09, 2015
Looool grin

NYSC is something in this country.
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by happney65: 11:52pm On Sep 09, 2015
airsaylongcon:

My exact thoughts. Immediately I finished reading this write up I went to the blog. And I wasn't disappointed either. There was a story of a small-nosed student that could smell trouble from afar. I laughed hard.

If our traffic is what he needs to blow it is well worth it.

OP, you are a good story teller

You see..Good one you went to the Blog..I wasnt even thinking of visiting the Blog before i knew its another naijasinglegirl here..Lol..
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by viktor01(m): 12:04am On Sep 10, 2015
Chai...This story reminds me of my own service days when I was posted to Abia state, Ohafia LG and a very remote village called Ndi-Orieke.
I will never forget how I almost died.
Thank God for NCCF.
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 10, 2015
undecided
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by macsilver(m): 12:11am On Sep 10, 2015
6k. Seriously? Is that the bonus that comes with the real job or what? Did you guys still continue with the jobs? Very funny
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by BobUg28(m): 12:21am On Sep 10, 2015
Nigeria and the silly system!

Mtchweewww
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by kashflynn(m): 12:36am On Sep 10, 2015
Abeg shey this story get part 2, because d story sweet me die... Even dough d story is based on d exploit of my fellow brother, but at d end of d day, d story sweet pass GAME OF THRONE, abeg bros as d story continues, so wat hapn next.. Did u accept d 6k or did my igbo brothers find a way to exploit tinz to their advantage, cause those boy sharp well well ohh grin
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by Eniqurl(f): 12:40am On Sep 10, 2015
Lemme read it
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by vergin21: 12:46am On Sep 10, 2015
[size=28pt]Boycott from the country of western Nigeria to the All Africa games

see medal table...

The host country is highlighted in lavender blue

Rank
1 Egypt (EGY) 26 26 21 73
2 South Africa (RSA) 23 17 15 55
3 Algeria (ALG) 14 15 13 42
4 Tunisia (TUN) 10 4 9 17
5 Congo (CGO) 2 0 5 7
6 Senegal (SEN) 1 2 5 8
7 Cameroon (CMR) 1 0 2 3
8 Mauritius (MRI) 1 0 0 1
Zimbabwe (ZIM) 1 0 0 1
10 Botswana (BOT) 0 4 2 6
11 Gabon (GAB) 0 1 0 1
Angola (ANG) 0 1 0 1
13 Seychelles (SEY) 0 0 3 3
14 Nigeria (NGR) 0 0 2 2

2011 The host country is highlighted in lavender blue

1 South Africa (RSA) 61 55 40 156
2 Egypt (EGY) 32 14 20 66
3 Nigeria (NGR) 31 28 39 98
4 Tunisia (TUN) 29 26 13 68
5 Algeria (ALG) 22 29 34 85
6 Kenya (KEN) 14 14 22 50
7 Senegal (SEN) 8 8 17 33
8 Cameroon (CMR) 8 5 20 33
9 Ethiopia (ETH) 6 10 12 28
10 Angola (ANG) 6 10 10 26 [/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2825003_2824426biafrajpegdda8601bb8e576c15f96d0fbe6a273fc_jpeg156e34a832e3d1667df257ab1f964a4e
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2824425_494591937_jpegd6cabcf28561fd455d5488294227cb3c
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2825193_nigeriaarticlelarge_jpeg5228ece3c919133ea4983c21d66ea81e
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2824492_biafragirlflag_jpeg117f6379c160d3955d10436d24256ef6
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2824518_p18pg25ha9iupde155g1i6ircj4_jpeg26b72e4758dba5560616d9da49ffd65b
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by kashflynn(m): 12:50am On Sep 10, 2015
And that is d major reason, the southeast would never produce President of Nigerian, untill we learn to step down and support 1,person for the General interest of all.. D South South nd South East are never United among themselves.. Smh

tiwasiaife:
by Bayo Adeyinka
I am writing this post with a lot of caution and
trepidation. I have never subscribed to ethnic
chauvinism and I actually detest being labelled as
a tribal bigot. I am usually very careful because I
have friends and colleagues from every part of
the nation and some of my best friends are not
even from my side of the country.
However, recent events are making me to have a
deeper reflection and I wish we- Southerners in
this instance- can have some kind of
introspection. Out of 25 appointments made so
far, 18 are from the North, 3 are from the South
West, 4 are from the South South while the South
East has ZERO appointments. A tweet which I
saw today stated that “southerners are only
competent when it’s time for elections but
northerners are competent in terms of
governance” and this made the following thoughts
run through my mind:
1. Only Southerners have been accusing fellow
Southerners of corruption. Oshiomole has been
attacking Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as if Ngozi turned
down his marriage proposal. The same Oshiomole
tried to make nonsense of Akinwumi Adeshina’s
successes in the agriculture sector. Ambode tried
to pull Fashola down and successfully smeared
him with stains. Maybe that’s why Fashola did
not get the Chief of Staff role. I’m yet to see a
Northerner accuse another Northerner of
corruption, even when they belong to different
parties. The closest a Northerner got was when
the new Kano State Governor attacked Rabiu
Kwankaso but he quickly sheathed his sword and
even disowned previous reports of attacks. Why
are we like this?
2. Are Southerners the only ones who are
corrupt? Were there no northerner heading the
ministries and parastatals? Did the outgone
Comptroller-General of Customs, Abdullahi Dikko
not have an alleged case of certificate forgery but
he still served out his tenure until he resigned
voluntarily? I’m not in support of corruption
under any guise but the fight against corruption
must not be seen to be sectional.
3. How come it’s easier for the President to
believe that Sanni Abacha was not corrupt in
spite of recovered loot while it is so easy for him
to believe Goodluck Jonathan is irredeemably
corrupt?
4. I still remember that aside from God, Tinubu
made Tambuwal what he is today. The same
Tambuwal would later call Femi Gbajabiamila
‘incompetent’ and rated Dogara as more
competent. The same Tambuwal was propped up
by Tinubu, a Southerner against a fellow
Southerner, Mulikat Akande. Obasanjo was very
key to denying Goodluck Jonathan a second
term. A good number can still recall how OBJ tore
his PDP membership card in public glare. The
Northerners find it easy to support themselves
but we are always pulling ourselves down.
Babangida Aliyu, Sule Lamido and all the other
Northern Governors including the former PDP
Chairman Adamu Muazu often times refused to
campaign for Goodluck Jonathan openly and
many times even espoused the virtues of the
opposing candidate on the rostrum!
5. Southern leaders and Presidents pull down
Southern business men but prop up Northern
ones. How many people still remember how
Obasanjo ran Mike Adenuga out of town but both
Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan made Aliko
Dangote what he is today. No northern leader
goes against their own. I dare to put it on record
that President Buhari will never go against Aliko
Dangote for any reason.
6. How come OBJ pardoned Salisu Buhari, the ex-
Speaker who forged his credentials and he later
was given an appointment as a Governing Council
member of a University and heavens did not fall-
but when Goodluck Jonathan pardoned
Alamieyeseigha it became one of the major issues
counted against him? Is there one rule for some
and another rule for others?
7. We find it easy to raise our voices in support of
the deportation of Buruji Kashamu but have no
qualms with Atiku Abubakar strutting around the
corridors of power.
8. Only Southerners find it so easy to abuse their
elders when they voice opinions not in tandem
with the popular opinion. We find it easy to diss
Afenifere elders and call them ‘Afenifebi’ while
hurling expletives and curses at them. We even
abuse our kings and priests. Northerners will
never abuse an Emir no matter how unpopular
what he said is. Can you imagine any Northerner
raising his voice against the Sultan? In spite of
Tanko Yakassai, Balarabe Musa and Dangiwa
Umar’s perceived support for Jonathan, northern
youths did not abuse them. But our own youths
run down our elders on social media while our
educated elite also support the act.
These are some of the thoughts that have been
running through my mind. I don’t pretend to have
all the answers and I do this at the risk of being
labelled an ethnic bigot. The point however is
that Southerners have to get their acts right. We
have to put our house in order. The bickering
must stop. Let’s engage our emotional
intelligence. Let’s not allow others to exploit our
tendency to self-destruct.
Bayo Adeyinka is a journalist. This article was
originally published on his blog, Bayo Adeyinka.
Connect with him on Facebook .
The opinions expressed in this article are solely
those of the author.
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by merits(m): 12:59am On Sep 10, 2015
grin
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by shut(f): 2:19am On Sep 10, 2015
modelmike7:
Hahahahahaha. Now, this is funny! The real definition of serving your father's land, albeit with hard labour!

I couldn't control my laughter when I stumbled on your comment

Jeeez cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by chukwurah12345(m): 2:21am On Sep 10, 2015
Hahahaha.....under d rain,under d sun!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

THE UNIVERSITY PRESTOS….episode 1 / “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie / Teacher Chuks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.