Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please (35618 Views)

Don't Laugh Me, Love Me ( A Short Story) / The Funny Story Of The Madman (A Story By Heromaniaa) / Supa Story (don't kill yourself) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by Nzecorneboy: 1:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
Adeoba10:

None of d above.... Am a fresh graduate still hustling for job #sad
OK bro. Your job is on the way.
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by generaliy07(m): 10:48am On Sep 12, 2015
Continued...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I protested the payment immediately, however with some calm explanations, making the old woman see why it wouldn't be fair to pay such amount considering the enormity of the task ahead, I did an analysis of the work conditions and economic realities in detail.

She seemed to reason with me, so she took her time and then said calmly, with the smile of a regular Nigerian politician on her face, "I will give you seven my children"

Immediately, my colleagues said 'Thank you ma', I looked at them and also said thank you ma, thinking she must have agreed to pay seventeen thousand, it was therefore a dress rehearsal of World war three when we got home and I was told she mentioned seven and not seventeen.

Whaaaat!!!, I exclaimed, and you guys accepted and said thanks, are you kidding me? ... But you said thanks too, me? Never, I only said that after you, thinking...
Thinking what?, the Kogi girl said, you think its easy, how many companies of this status will pay you seventeen, you better be quiet, are you not happy she even gave us a good accomodation?, she quipped.

Madam siddon there, I said angrily, no company will ask corpers to work 8am-6pm, Monday to Saturday either...
We argued this way till it was getting darker outside.

Moments later, our Igbo colleague suddenly went quiet, he seemed to have resorted to fate, we all slept that night without food, like some estranged house mates.

The next morning however, we woke up and continued as if nothing ever happened, the Kogite cooked a delicious meal (she always competes with the Igbo corper when it comes to cooking delicacies, they were not only interesting people to be with, they were great cooks too), we ate hurriedly and left for work.

Working on the farm was both interesting and ,at the same time exhausting, we joined in all farm works, cassava peeling, fish raising and care, well, and some escapades of course.

I, being the adventurous type, started out on the farm tractor,the Igbo boy soon joined me,we would follow farm managers all the way to farms at several miles away just to have our hands on steering the tractor's wheels, it was fun while it lasted, not until on a fateful day, when I drove from the fish farm to the factory, unknown to me, the brake pad wasn't in good shape, I picked some students coming from the secondary school in the neighbouring village along the way, and dropped them at the entrance ,I drove like a king into the compound, tried parking like an expert, and then the unusual, the tractor wouldn't stop, I was thrown off balance, had to face a big log on the ground to stop it, It stopped miraculously, hitting and ripping open a part of the fence.

Immediately, myself and the other corpers became emergency brick layers, for it would be dangerous for either Mummy or Daddy to know, we took blocks from the ongoing farm building, got cements from a construction site nearby, and made some sands from the drainage, after several trials under duress, we covered the 'empirical evidence' of my escapade with the tractor!, and finished off the job rubbing the plasters with leaves to give it some green cover like the other parts of the fence, if mummy ever knew, it would be after we'd long gone!

There and then, the manager decided to stop giving us the key to the tractor, he was so scared too, his job was at stake.
We then waited for a week before deciding what else to explore, our next victim was a Yamaha, an old, rugged motorcycle parked somewhere in the farmstead.
We got to work on a wednesday after CDS, worked on the Machine to make it start, after several trials and errors, I suggested we work on its fuel pump, Eureka, it worked, we were good to go!

I ignited the motorcycle, took the Igbo corper and we set for town, with our camo, we're on top of the world!, vroom, vrooom, Manoeuvre, raised dust, and then...a vehicle approached from the corner

OMG, its the farm owner's Toyota camry !!!

Without thinking twice, I headed straight into the bush!

Source:
https://samueliyanu./2015/09/11/chronicles-of-corper-sam-3/

1 Like

Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by chochovie(f): 6:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
woow...this is interesting angry grin more please
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by felipemadero(m): 5:17am On Sep 15, 2015
grin Ben Johnson
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by generaliy07(m): 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
Please do mention others, tori wan Kontinu, i'll appreciate your comments

Thanks
Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by Pronmix(m): 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2015
generaliy07:
Please do mention others, tori wan Kontinu, i'll appreciate your comments

Thanks
Oya make una come o, him don show.

1 Like

Re: Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please by obantjohn(m): 9:15pm On Sep 20, 2015
U don't include the state? And moreover that's service4 you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

THE UNIVERSITY PRESTOS….episode 1 / “I Strongly Disagree With Prof. Soyinka” - Chimamanda Adichie / Teacher Chuks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.