Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night (70845 Views)

Female Student Electrocuted At Rivers State University (Photo) / Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel / ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Bowaley17(m): 1:11pm On Sep 09, 2015
RiP
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Titidi(f): 1:12pm On Sep 09, 2015
Opinedecandid:

Beauty is vain.
Education /intelligence in vain.
Riches is vain.
Connection, power, prominence, fame, etc are all vanity.

Except the Lord builds a house, they labour in vain that build it.

How I wish you met Christ through soul salvation, u won't need to die again, let alone, a terrible death.

I won't hesitate in praying for you to rest in peace, but this pray depends on the condition above to be answered.

Then to our government and local contractors, something must be done about adherence to quality/specification/due-process in the execution of projects in this country.

Family of the bereaved, accept my warmest condolences.
What makes you think she didn't meet with Christ before she passed on
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by 1God: 1:12pm On Sep 09, 2015
May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
Wait, i don't understand......Her parents or next of kin are yet to be notified and you guys have identified and blasted her pictures on the internet May her gently soul rest in peace, what a beautiful girl!!!!
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Afrobasic(m): 1:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
Davied2:
Just yesterday evening at 6pm, a Unilag student came out of the new hall hostel to see her boyfriend. an heavy breeze made the high tension pole fall, and it fell on this lady named OLUCHI ANEKWE. she was electrocuted to death while her boyfriend watched speechlessly.Her parents have not been informed yet, the school authority have not been able to reach her parents since yesterday night! may her gentle soul rest in peace.

AN EYE WITHNESS SAID:
She was Just Walking with Her friend...There was a Spark(High Tension Wire) from one of the Poles infront of the Entrance of where she was Headed ..... It Fell on Her.....She got Electrocuted ..... We Rushed her to the Medical Centre.... Minutes Later she was Pronounced Dead....

A Lot of things have been going thru my Mind....
1.U don't know ur Dying Day
2.Live Every Moment Like its ur Last...Buh don't Live Fast.....Live Right
I've never been dis Touched in my whole Life....It could have been anybody....Even my Sister or Something......
I got into d Emergency Room..... Lo n Behold She was Lying Cold n Dead..... I almost Fell down .....What a Life.....Just Like Dat....The Agony n Pain emanating from her Younger Sister Killed me Slowly
My Brothers and Sisters abeg Death is REAL..... if i neva believed .....Today is a Wake up Call for ME/YOU....
My Name is ..... abeg if i have Wronged u in anyway Please n Please Forgive Me...... LIFE is TOO SHORT.....
Rip Oluchi Acct 300l....Heaven Couldn't wait for U...#BrokenInside#WhataLife#Numb..

GREATEST AKOKITES!!!

The University of Lagos Students' Union regrets to announce the passing away of one of us, our very own OLUCHI ANEKWE, a 300 level student of the department of Accounting.

Oluchi, till her death, was a first class student, and a very active student in class.

Our condolence goes to her families, relatives and friends. We pray that God will grant them the fortitude to bear the loss.

The event that led to her death is in its entirety avoidable. We hereby call on all concerned authorities to swing into action so as to prevent future occurrence.

In this regard, we hereby declare that all academic and social activities of the school and of the students' are hereby suspended for today and no unnecessary sound around the campus in honour of the lost soul.

The entire University of Lagos Students loved her, but God in His wisdom saw fit to embrace her.

We shall surely miss her. Oluchi, GOODNIGHT.
Signed;
Comrade Abiodun Martins
ULSU President (2014/2015)
Rt. Jawosimi Olusegun
Speaker ULSU Parliament

kamx5:

Oluchi Anekwe, a student of the University of Lagos, was on Tuesday night electrocuted to death in her hostel when a high tension wire fell, according to eyewitness reports.
The 300-level student of Accounting, who hails from Aku in Enugu State, was on her way to her room in Sodeinde Residence, New Hall, when she was electrocuted.
She was immediately rushed to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LUTH, but was pronounced dead on arrival.
According to eyewitnesses, the pole had been given off sparks recently around the school, while the school failed to make any tangible efforts to fix the anomaly.

Nairaland and it's ridiculously terrible journalist. Smh!
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Olaimpeccable(f): 1:14pm On Sep 09, 2015
kamx5:

Oluchi Anekwe, a student of the University of Lagos, was on Tuesday night electrocuted to death in her hostel when a high tension wire fell, according to eyewitness reports.

The 300-level student of Accounting, who hails from Aku in Enugu State, was on her way to her room in Sodeinde Residence, New Hall, when she was electrocuted.

She was immediately rushed to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LUTH, but was pronounced dead on arrival.

According to eyewitnesses, the pole had been given off sparks recently around the school, while the school failed to make any tangible efforts to fix the anomaly.

And when did Shodeinde become a female hostel... All these news.. Smh
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by dancoolD(m): 1:14pm On Sep 09, 2015
I am just so speechless of her wasted glory ... May her soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Twoboys: 1:15pm On Sep 09, 2015
My sympathy to the family, friends and school mates. Her death should be a wake up call for authorities to do more at ensuring the integrity of national infrastructures, like these high tension poles. When you drive through towns you see very troubling images of such poles, either washed up by erosion or having loosed supporting structures. This portend grave danger for public safety. Even the quality of construction and materials used in recent installations remains doubtful. On my way to Calabar recently, i saw over 4 collapsed newly installed high tension poles which were yet to be commissioned.
Alot more attention need to be paid to public safety. Incidence like this need to be independently investigated, and where culpability is establish such should be fined or even imprisoned. This would serve the purpose of deterrent and feedback for improvement of the system.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Olaimpeccable(f): 1:15pm On Sep 09, 2015
Afrobasic:

Nairaland and it's ridiculously terrible journalist. Smh!

I tire o
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by teekay213(m): 1:17pm On Sep 09, 2015
[quote author=kamx5 post=37the pole had been given off sparks recently around the school, while the school failed to make any tangible efforts to fix the anomaly.
[/quote]in this country we never fix problem/fault until a death is involved.rip oluchi.next time u're coming to this world,don't come to this zoo called country.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 09, 2015
so sad embarassed embarassed
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by crackhouse(m): 1:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
......that's what u see when u fall in love with the wrong man. Calamity everywhere u go. RIP Girl, i am sure he's the one that told u to come over. now he will stop hovering around u like bees. Hope u guys didn't have sex sha b/cos na hell fire straight be that.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by IceDude(m): 1:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
oneda:
Was she born again? John 3:3
Was she living in peace with everyone and living a holy life? Heb 12:14
Was her soul, body and Spirit presented to God through Jesus Christ as a living sacrifice? Or was she conformed to the world? Romans 12:1-2, 1Cor 7:1

Call me judgemental if you like but if those the answers to those questions are no, then that is another soul that is headed for eternal damnation.

Not only her but every other person who is not living according to the Bible precepts.
(Revelation 20:12 KJV) And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books(the book of law- Bible, and the books of the person's records) were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Is your name in the book of life?
Live a Holy Life today or be sure that eternal damnation awaits you. 1Peter 4:18

Gerrara here mehn!........People like u wont even smell the gate of heaven.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by hob(m): 1:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
[b]RIP[/

We shall all leave this earth one day,but pray for a good way to leave.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by An2elect2(f): 1:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
Oh my God!
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Eniqurl(f): 1:28pm On Sep 09, 2015
R. I. P. P
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by An2elect2(f): 1:29pm On Sep 09, 2015
crackhouse:
......that's what u see when u fall in love with the wrong man. Calamity everywhere u go. RIP Girl, i am sure he's the one that told u to come over. now he will stop hovering around u like bees. Hope u guys didn't have sex sha b/cos na hell fire straight be that.
Kai which kain ye ye talk be this na? make u na dey try use una head small abeg

chai Olu cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 09, 2015
davetwitzy:
Who told you she went to see her boyfriend. Why do you want to start a rumor on the head of someone that just lost her life. Don't Get God angry
i was also surprise about such remark, who told the OP she went to see her boyfriend. she's actually said to be the only child of the parent.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Mblem(m): 1:46pm On Sep 09, 2015
RIP
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by akigbemaru: 1:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
ELECTROCUTED SAD
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by MosesEzekiel: 1:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
May her soul rest in peace, life without Jesus is a wasted life, accept Jesus today because tomorrow may be too late
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
And the school is not doing anytin bou it
Federal government nd unilag shd fix all the school wiring works

Ehn even at fss there is nakedddd wire on the floor around there

Education faculty too a nakedddd wire on the floor

Last year fire fire erry whr

Hain
We no go gree o unilag we no go gree angry angry angry angry

Oluchi canot die like dat o laye

It cud be anybody its sad we all pass new hall almost erryday
Its sad nd painfull
Wat a death
Shock nd pain cry cry cry cry

It cud av been anybody

1 Like

Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Horlaz(m): 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
whirlwind7:
Such a horrid death.

That boyfriend of hers is bound to have nightmares for a long time.
u dnt even pity her parent
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by mekybabe1: 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
Kai! This is so sad cry cry cry RIP Oluchi.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by danbrowndmf(m): 2:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
Rest oluchi
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by sexaddict08(m): 2:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
teekay213:
hbd!
thanks man
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Egmlltd: 2:19pm On Sep 09, 2015
RIP Dear Oluchi. May God receive your soul. I don't like the boyfriend part of this announcement one bit sad She was a Unilag student and died on campus, period.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Pidggin(f): 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2015
How sad is this? RIP
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Orikinla(m): 2:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
May Almighty God JEHOVAH our maker and owner, who alone knows the worth of every life and also knows the depth of the loss comfort the bereaved family, relations, friends, associates, course mates and GREATEST AKOKITES!
I am heart broken right now. Her picture has brought tears to my eyes.
The best is to cherish the loving memories of her life.

THAT NEW HALL should be renamed GREATEST AKOKITES HALL with the corridors and rooms named after illustrious students, including memorial tributes to unfortunate victims of unforeseen accidents on campus like this case. But may God protect and save our precious lives from such tragedies in future. Amen.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Sholuade(m): 2:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
May her soul rest in perfect peace and May Almighty God forgive and overlook all her shortcomings!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Female Corper's Post About A Crime Scene That Got People Talking / What's The English Name Of Moimoi? / Black Student Was Asked To Give Up His Seat In Class (See His Epic Response)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.