Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,264 members, 7,780,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:08 PM

Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night (70802 Views)

Female Student Electrocuted At Rivers State University (Photo) / Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel / ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by vaca1: 2:30pm On Sep 09, 2015
Titidi:
What makes you think she didn't meet with Christ before she passed on
Abi oo.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by DrGroove(f): 2:33pm On Sep 09, 2015
whirlwind7:
Such a horrid death.

That boyfriend of hers is bound to have nightmares for a long time.

why? what's the boy's business? Is he the one who killed her? someone who may be flexing with his new babe now and you are talking abt nightmares.Funny!
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Enrythesis(m): 2:36pm On Sep 09, 2015
pls dont mention she came out to see her boyfriend. its provoking
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Hardeybohwarley(m): 2:41pm On Sep 09, 2015
What an awFul death.....r..i..p
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by badesco(m): 2:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
money121:
Crying
RIP.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Kiingsolomon(f): 2:54pm On Sep 09, 2015
She was actually coming from the chapel, while I was coming from the sport center... Saw her cross the road to her "dead spot", I wish I'd called her to kip her waitn a bit...perhaps she'd hav evaded it.... God knows the best tho'.

The third first-class student to die within 9months in the same class... So sad.

RIP OLU. :-(
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by wtfCode: 2:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
nnaaa nawaoo. See as i take dey shiver.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Emilokoiyawon: 3:01pm On Sep 09, 2015
Why should this fine girl die when we have many ugly girls (like Wulfran, the ashewo) walking around living? Chai life is unfair.

RIP.

1 Like

Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by 1vid(m): 3:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
Every day for the thief one day for the owner... She was just coming from her boyfriend place... Wait oooooo what will she tell God?
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Kiingsolomon(f): 3:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:
Why should this fine girl die when we have many ugly girls walking around living? Chai life is unfair.
LWKMD... U juz talk lyk person wey dey smoke. Hw dat kain girl go die wen you sef dey alive dey post rubbish. grin

1 Like

Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Kiingsolomon(f): 3:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
1vid:
Every day for the thief one day for the owner... She was just coming from her boyfriend place... Wait oooooo what will she tell God?
nt coming frm her bf's place bro.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by oneda(m): 3:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
IceDude:
Gerrara here mehn!........People like u wont even smell the gate of heaven.

Ask God for mercy for your life and leave where I'm going. It's not for you to to decide my fate nor is it mine to decide yours. Follow the Map and not the guide for he may have ulterior motives.

Give your life to JESUS for HE is the only way. Forget about me, I'm nothing
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Kirinwa: 3:18pm On Sep 09, 2015
whirlwind7:
Such a horrid death.

That boyfriend of hers is bound to have nightmares for a long time.

What nonsense. A guy that couldn't protect his girl? He was supposed to swing her away or take the fall.

This guy isn't romantic. To change girlfriend go hard am?
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
And the school is not doing anytin bou it
Federal government nd unilag shd fix all the school wiring

Ehn even fss there is naked wire on the floor

Education faculty too

Last year fire fire erry whr

Hain
We no go gree o unilag we no go gree angry angry angry angry

Oluchi canot die like dat o laye

1 Like

Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
not good!
Need anything from Jumia? Contact me now!
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Prettiepearlz(f): 3:33pm On Sep 09, 2015
1vid:
Na wa ooo,wetin person no go see from nairaland. Hian! Somebody posted that she was coming from the chapel (its either the Catholic Chapel or the other school Chapel),u no see that one ooo,na boyfriend u see. Someone even posted that she wasn't even anywhere close to her boyfriend's place yet u still decided to comment on the boyfriend issue. Let's even assume she was coming from there,what part of the bible were we forbidden from having a boyfriend and visiting them? So is it everyone who goes out to see his/her boyfriend that have sex? Who gave you the right to judge? Are u God? You didnt even think about the agony she went through at the point of death,you didnt even think abt her parents,someone even mentioned she is the only child,what abt the torture they will be going through? I shake my head for you and you had better go on your kneels and ask God for mercy. She didnt choose to die that way,so respect her. And to all the ITKs that call themselves born again christians,those who make use of people's misfortune to preach abt heaven in a sarcastic way be careful. "LET HE WHO THINKS HE STANDS BE CAREFUL LEST HE FALLS". Peace to y'all
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by zmartie: 3:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
oneda:
Was she born again? John 3:3
Was she living in peace with everyone and living a holy life? Heb 12:14
Was her soul, body and Spirit presented to God through Jesus Christ as a living sacrifice? Or was she conformed to the world? Romans 12:1-2, 1Cor 7:1

Call me judgemental if you like but if those the answers to those questions are no, then that is another soul that is headed for eternal damnation.

Not only her but every other person who is not living according to the Bible precepts.
(Revelation 20:12 KJV) And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books(the book of law- Bible, and the books of the person's records) were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Is your name in the book of life?
Live a Holy Life today or be sure that eternal damnation awaits you. 1Peter 4:18

Preach preacher that did not ve any consoling word than to preach hell and damnation at a time like this! So u're waiting for a time like this b4 u can preach.......is dt how jesus did it? Even when his friend lazarus died read john 11 and pls tell me jesus reaction wn he heard of lazarus demise pls read john 11:35! Even jesu show human feeling....how much more ordinary dust like u!
What did romans 12:15 said u shd do with those who are weeping?
Whatever happen to other verse in the bible that is very comforting and neccessary at a tragic time like this? Pls read isaiah 25:8 n see for ursef wat God 'll do to the death! Read revelation 21:4,5
Talking about holiness, are u holy? I'm not talking about perfunctionary holy that many people profess to day! I'm talking about the real person of the heart and not jus what people around u can see in you but what God Himself discern u to be in ur heart. So remember this God knows us well read psalm 103:14, He understand our needs and can feel our pains too that's why He encourage us to throw all our anxiety on him because He cares for us! 1pet 5:7.
God is not bent on destoying anyone rather he want all to attain life 2pet 3:9. For us to attain life we need to have deep knowledge of.....read john 17:3!
To the bereaved family pls take heart. MAy Almighty Jehovah God of all comfort give U the family and friends strength to bare the pain 2cor 1:3b. Always remember that God is an epitome of LOVE. Take comfort in His word and promises for our dead loved ones.

2 Likes

Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Missmossy(f): 3:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
So saddening!!!

What a huge loss embarassed

1 Like

Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by spaco50: 3:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
Davied2:
Just yesterday evening at 6pm, a Unilag student came out of the new hall hostel to see her boyfriend. an heavy breeze made the high tension pole fall, and it fell on this lady named OLUCHI ANEKWE. she was electrocuted to death while her boyfriend watched speechlessly.Her parents have not been informed yet, the school authority have not been able to reach her parents since yesterday night! may her gentle soul rest in peace.

AN EYE WITHNESS SAID:
She was Just Walking with Her friend...There was a Spark(High Tension Wire) from one of the Poles infront of the Entrance of where she was Headed ..... It Fell on Her.....She got Electrocuted ..... We Rushed her to the Medical Centre.... Minutes Later she was Pronounced Dead....

A Lot of things have been going thru my Mind....
1.U don't know ur Dying Day
2.Live Every Moment Like its ur Last...Buh don't Live Fast.....Live Right
I've never been dis Touched in my whole Life....It could have been anybody....Even my Sister or Something......
I got into d Emergency Room..... Lo n Behold She was Lying Cold n Dead..... I almost Fell down .....What a Life.....Just Like Dat....The Agony n Pain emanating from her Younger Sister Killed me Slowly
My Brothers and Sisters abeg Death is REAL..... if i neva believed .....Today is a Wake up Call for ME/YOU....
My Name is ..... abeg if i have Wronged u in anyway Please n Please Forgive Me...... LIFE is TOO SHORT.....
Rip Oluchi Acct 300l....Heaven Couldn't wait for U...#BrokenInside#WhataLife#Numb..

GREATEST AKOKITES!!!

The University of Lagos Students' Union regrets to announce the passing away of one of us, our very own OLUCHI ANEKWE, a 300 level student of the department of Accounting.

Oluchi, till her death, was a first class student, and a very active student in class.

Our condolence goes to her families, relatives and friends. We pray that God will grant them the fortitude to bear the loss.

The event that led to her death is in its entirety avoidable. We hereby call on all concerned authorities to swing into action so as to prevent future occurrence.

In this regard, we hereby declare that all academic and social activities of the school and of the students' are hereby suspended for today and no unnecessary sound around the campus in honour of the lost soul.

The entire University of Lagos Students loved her, but God in His wisdom saw fit to embrace her.

We shall surely miss her. Oluchi, GOODNIGHT.
Signed;
Comrade Abiodun Martins
ULSU President (2014/2015)
Rt. Jawosimi Olusegun
Speaker ULSU Parliament

RIP THE GREATEST OLUCHI.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by bmos(m): 4:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
chocolateme:
Rest in peace

Rest in peace when she was on her way to meet a boyfriend? MBA! You can't believe it but sadly she went straight to hell, into the waiting hands of Satan. Remember the verdict: The soul that sinneth it shall die. Sorry we can't help this issue except we make a u turn from our sins
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by greatguru22: 4:06pm On Sep 09, 2015
Death is Real, Heaven is Real, Hell Fire is Real... Without Christ we are not saved in dis world.

RIP oluchi may ur soul rest in peace
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by rasheedmalik113: 4:10pm On Sep 09, 2015
IRP OLUCHI ANEKWE.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Grateful69(m): 4:11pm On Sep 09, 2015
The state(government) is on a mission to exterminate our destinies and better tomorrow and the school managements are the emissaries of the state in perpetuating this inhumane and amiss mission.
Many of them enjoyed the free education policy of Awo and scholarships of different regions during their epochs as students.
It is so saddening that we have become the societal victims of this circumstance. By our weakness, ignorance and backwardness the flourish to make us perish. SHOULD WE CONTINUE BEING LIKE THIS??
ITS A PITY THAT OLUCHI WENT THIS WAY AND TIME, BUT WE CAN DO NOTHING BUT TO CHANGE THE STATUS QUO IN OTHER NOT TO HAVE ANOTHER ONE.[/color][color=#990000] sad cry RIP OLUCHI...
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
Rest in peace little angel
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Iamsolslim(m): 4:31pm On Sep 09, 2015
oneda:
Was she born again? John 3:3
Was she living in peace with everyone and living a holy life? Heb 12:14
Was her soul, body and Spirit presented to God through Jesus Christ as a living sacrifice? Or was she conformed to the world? Romans 12:1-2, 1Cor 7:1

Call me judgemental if you like but if those the answers to those questions are no, then that is another soul that is headed for eternal damnation.

Not only her but every other person who is not living according to the Bible precepts.
(Revelation 20:12 KJV) And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books(the book of law- Bible, and the books of the person's records) were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Is your name in the book of life?
Live a Holy Life today or be sure that eternal damnation awaits you. 1Peter 4:18

So nah u holy pass
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Iamsolslim(m): 4:46pm On Sep 09, 2015
oneda:

Ask God for mercy for your life and leave where I'm going. It's not for you to to decide my fate nor is it mine to decide yours. Follow the Map and not the guide for he may have ulterior motives.

So who are u to judge anyone or be a God PRO. or social director?

Oga pastor same thing applicable to u, it's also not right for u to quote anybody or decide anybody faith base on one holy superstition story u heard from a stranger(some one u didn't know how he/she live his/her life)
Abeg live free, don't hurt anyone, do d normal life procedure,show real love to others, as u love urself & let ur conscience b judge by God.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 09, 2015
RIP
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by rabosh(m): 5:01pm On Sep 09, 2015
Parents haven't been informed yet her details are already published ? How callous and insensitive.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Vivipop(f): 5:52pm On Sep 09, 2015
There is no way of stopping the tears flowing uncontrollable from my eyes. If only my tears could bring you back...
My heartfelt condolences to your family dear Oluchi, may they be filled with fortitude to bear your painful demise.
Death indeed is everywhere. It is such a cold hearted beast, a shameless and a heartless fool indeed, a dream snatcher, a sore looser, a big wrong on humanity, a ... cry
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Emeka71(m): 6:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
Too bad.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by IceDude(m): 6:08pm On Sep 09, 2015
oneda:

Oga pastor what gives u the impression i havent given my life to bros Jay? Instead of u to at least express sympathy for the young girl who died prematurely u are talking abt where she will spend eternity as if u are the official heavenly gate keeper...... U are so annoying!
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by paroh137(m): 6:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
Davied2:
Just yesterday evening at 6pm, a Unilag student came out of the new hall hostel to see her boyfriend. an heavy breeze made the high tension pole fall, and it fell on this lady named OLUCHI ANEKWE. she was electrocuted to death while her boyfriend watched speechlessly.Her parents have not been informed yet, the school authority have not been able to reach her parents since yesterday night! may her gentle soul rest in peace.

AN EYE WITHNESS SAID:
She was Just Walking with Her friend...There was a Spark(High Tension Wire) from one of the Poles infront of the Entrance of where she was Headed ..... It Fell on Her.....She got Electrocuted ..... We Rushed her to the Medical Centre.... Minutes Later she was Pronounced Dead....

A Lot of things have been going thru my Mind....
1.U don't know ur Dying Day
2.Live Every Moment Like its ur Last...Buh don't Live Fast.....Live Right
I've never been dis Touched in my whole Life....It could have been anybody....Even my Sister or Something......
I got into d Emergency Room..... Lo n Behold She was Lying Cold n Dead..... I almost Fell down .....What a Life.....Just Like Dat....The Agony n Pain emanating from her Younger Sister Killed me Slowly
My Brothers and Sisters abeg Death is REAL..... if i neva believed .....Today is a Wake up Call for ME/YOU....
My Name is ..... abeg if i have Wronged u in anyway Please n Please Forgive Me...... LIFE is TOO SHORT.....
Rip Oluchi Acct 300l....Heaven Couldn't wait for U...#BrokenInside#WhataLife#Numb..

GREATEST AKOKITES!!!

The University of Lagos Students' Union regrets to announce the passing away of one of us, our very own OLUCHI ANEKWE, a 300 level student of the department of Accounting.

Oluchi, till her death, was a first class student, and a very active student in class.

Our condolence goes to her families, relatives and friends. We pray that God will grant them the fortitude to bear the loss.

The event that led to her death is in its entirety avoidable. We hereby call on all concerned authorities to swing into action so as to prevent future occurrence.

In this regard, we hereby declare that all academic and social activities of the school and of the students' are hereby suspended for today and no unnecessary sound around the campus in honour of the lost soul.

The entire University of Lagos Students loved her, but God in His wisdom saw fit to embrace her.

We shall surely miss her. Oluchi, GOODNIGHT.
Signed;
Comrade Abiodun Martins
ULSU President (2014/2015)
Rt. Jawosimi Olusegun
Speaker ULSU Parliament

Oga WTF nau. Who told you she was going to see herboyfriend? Even if she was, why include it here? You never, NEVER speak ill of the dead, no matter what

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Share Your 2015 JAMB Result Here / A Female Corper's Post About A Crime Scene That Got People Talking / Black Student Was Asked To Give Up His Seat In Class (See His Epic Response)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.