Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,926 members, 7,799,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

21 Great Websites Every Smart Traveller In Nigeria Are Familiar With - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 21 Great Websites Every Smart Traveller In Nigeria Are Familiar With (1014 Views)

Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa / Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller / Kaduna State Launches Traveller Information Website – Travelthrukaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

21 Great Websites Every Smart Traveller In Nigeria Are Familiar With by hotelsng: 10:07am On Sep 09, 2015
There are days when even your own email inbox feels like the spawn of Satan, what with the tons of email subscriptions pouring in (and you asking ‘oh God when did I subscribe to THIS MANY emails?’), mixing the important stuff with the downright inane, and very quickly you find yourself spending way too much time on unimportant stuff while the stuff that needs to be done is left piling up.

So we asked Nigerian professionals about their favourite go-to applications and websites for when they want to boost their productivity. Below is a curated list:

Nairaland.com/travel
Join fellow travellers to exchange travel information, advice, hints and tips. Since 2005, members of this forum have been sharing trusted advice to help you get to the heart of a destination. Nairaland's travel forum is by travellers, for travellers, and covers every random topic on the planet including 'how to behave as a first timer on an Aeroplane".

Followup.cc
I have been using FollowUp.cc for a few weeks now, and it is one of my best email add-ons, to be honest. FollowUp.cc helps you schedule your messages (for when you don’t want to reply that person now, but later in the day), track messages (now you know when they open your emails; goodbye ‘I didn’t get your email’ excuses forever!) and reminds you about emails that need to be treated, even if you forgot.

Pretty great, eh?

Unroll.me
I also started using Unroll.me quite recently (you can tell by now that I’ve been having an exasperating email situation for a while now), and it’s the perfect way to sort through your junk, quite literally. You remember those random newsletters you signed up for but now regret? The ones you complain about daily but can’t find the time – or willpower – to sort through your emails, unsubscribing click by click? Unroll.me will do it for you, easy! I unsubscribed from 114 email lists in a few quick seconds and put the rest of the newsletters I actually wanted in ONE composite roll-up, courtesy unroll.me. You should try it.

Uber
Ah, Uber. This is a pretty neat app for when you want to dart in and out around Lagos. One click on the app, and you can summon the nearest driver and even track his journey as he comes to pick you up in style. If you constantly have meetings to attend, you can already see why this is a great app.

Trello
Trello is great for organizing, managing and keeping track of your projects. You can manage your teams here, share progress shots of tasks and keep everything in line in this composite tool that became popular for Toyota’s using it in the 80’s for Supply Chain Management.

Todoist/Wunderlist
There is an ongoing debate online about which is better: Todoist, or Wunderlist? Whatever the outcome, these are useful tasks for managing your assignments and tasks in a coherent manner. You can set reminders for yourself and check off completed tasks.

Pocket
If you are like me, every day you come across several interesting articles you’d love to read there and then, but deadlines aren’t waiting for you so you have to (sadly) continue with your workflow. With Pocket, you can store the things you need to read – and read them later in the day, when you are more relaxed. Also – you wouldn’t even need to be connected to the internet to read later. Yay.

TV Show Time
Even you, busy professional, deserve to have a little fun sometimes. It’s hard enough keeping track of schedules and deadlines at work so it’s easy to understand why you may no longer be following your favourite TV shows as religiously as you used to. This is where TV Show Time comes in: let this nifty tool manage your TV show calendar and send you reminders whenever a new episode is out. Score!

QuickTeller
I could type ‘you never have to go to a bank, ever again’ and that would be pretty accurate. Manage everything – from paying PHCN and DSTV bills to buying airtime and mobile data – on your mobile phone once you download QuickTeller.

HelloFood
Sometimes you are hungry but too busy to go get the food. Make the food come to you with HelloFood.

MallForAfrica
With this one app, you can buy items from various shops in the US and UK and have it shipped directly to you in Africa. Brilliant.

Konga/Jumia
Cut down on time spent shopping by having everything ordered online and delivered to you. Use either Konga or Jumia for your within-Nigeria shopping needs.

CamScanner
If you are like me, you often have to send a scanned document to someone. This is all fine and dandy, but sometimes you are nowhere near a scanner and need to send the documents immediately. This is where CamScanner comes in: it converts your phone into a scanner and sends crisp ‘scanned’ images quickly.

Vconnect
What are you looking for? Local businesses, movies, restaurants? Vconnect boasts of a directory that will show you a robust list of all things Nigerian.

TreeHouse/Lynda
Are you a professional looking for great courses to improve your skill level? Try TreeHouse and Lynda.com for courses on programming, web design/development, and so on.

RebTel
You would probably like this one: RebTel allows you to make cheap international phone calls and send affordable SMSes as well.

Slack
A nifty team chat and collaboration application, Slack has taken the world by a storm, and Nigeria isn’t left behind. It comes in free and premium packages, and for most people the free service is more than enough.

DouJustu.com
If you love movies, games and anime, then you will love DouJutsu. What? I did say even the busiest professionals have to have a little fun on the side smiley

Zikoko.com
Sometimes it feels like you are missing out on trending discussions and memes while the clock ticks tediously at the office. Don’t you worry: Zikoko will capture the best social media moments and create easy-to-read posts for you to catch up on the entertainment!

EverNote
With EverNote, you can jot notes during business meetings and performance reviews, and have it synced across all your devices and online too!

hotels.ng
How else do we end this awesome list without mentioning US? Do you often have to travel, and need accommodation/hotel rooms? You can cut down significantly on the cost and time spent hunting for places to stay by using http://www.hotels.ng. The platform has a list of nearly all hotels in Nigeria, provides discounts and customer support to give its users cheaper and more convenient hotel bookings, leaving you free to do other things, like get a higher score on Candy Crush and ask Don Jazzy for a Twitter follow back.

Are there any apps and websites that make your working experience in Nigeria worthwhile? Let us know in the comment box!

cc lalasticlala
Re: 21 Great Websites Every Smart Traveller In Nigeria Are Familiar With by paronic: 11:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
Theatre in Lagos, Have you tried it, Its growing and getting better every month. View and buy your tickets here also share link with friends:

http://hangoutnigeria.com/product-category/tickets/

Re: 21 Great Websites Every Smart Traveller In Nigeria Are Familiar With by Jack188: 11:48am On Oct 02, 2015
Thank you for the list here! Those websites are really cool, I have to say. I can also add http://well-way.com website where you can easily create your own trip and including all the places you want. It is a great tool for travellers

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander Wants To Tour Brazil And Cuba / Wrong Ds 160 Number On Appointment Confirmation Page / Meet The Youngest Pilot Ever. Flies Helicopter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.