Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine (48232 Views)

Codeine Ban: Five Other Pharmaceutical Drugs Abused By Nigerians / BBC: 'Sweet Sweet Codeine' - Nigeria’s Deadly Cough Syrup Epidemic Documentary / I'm Addicted To Codeine , Weed, Tramadol And Many More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by nex(m): 12:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
According to Daily Trust, Ali Baba Mustapha, NDLEA’s Assistant Superintendent in charge of Exhibits at the Sokoto State Command made the shocking revelation about married women in Nigeria’s growing addiction to codeine on Sunday during the Jigawa Day celebration organised by indigenes of the state at the Usmanu Danfodiyo University in Sokoto.

He claims women were taking it to “enhance their sexual appetite”.

My thoughts:

I don’t think that the rise in codeine addiction in Nigeria is because it’s being used to enhance sexual performance, because from what I have read codeine which people drink to get high causes major loss of libido.

According to doctors, codeine causes motor skill impairment, lethargy, extreme drowsiness, as well as a dissociative feeling from all other parts of the body, not of that sounds like someone who can go 10 rounds in the sack.

I believe the married women are taking it to escape from the realities of their lives. Wives and mothers have to sweep so much under the carpet especially in our society. They have to be super woman at home, at work & in life, sometimes they seek a little “escape” to help them cope…sometimes that escape is drugs & alcohol. But this is Nigeria so we don’t talk about such instead we blame the rise of codeine use on the need to enhance se.xual performance.

But what do I know I am not a medical or addiction expert…

Anyway Mustapha warned those present to stay away from codeine because it could, “lead to marital problems and divorce”.

Assistant Superintendent Mustapha you forgot to tell them that codeine abuse can also lead to death! Rappers love-vendor C & DJ Screw both died from a codeine overdose. Isn’t dying more scary than getting a divorce?

SOURCE: http://www.that1960chick.com/2015/09/08/more-married-women-in-nigeria-becoming-addicted-to-the-drug-codeine-but-is-it-to-increase-sexual-performance-or-escape-their-reality/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
Question for the Gods

6 Likes

Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by EmagNig(m): 12:46pm On Sep 09, 2015
well, it feels like a stimulating product i must say.

[size=16pt]sexyLADE[/size] says so

NIGERIA'S 1ST e-MAGAZINE? CHECK MY SIGNATURE

2 Likes

Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by kossyablaze(m): 12:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
I noticed dat wen I was in Calabar......dey don't take it to bang well buh to sleep well...I be eye witness

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by funlord(m): 12:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
grin

Sizzurp is wack! It only makes them sleep like lions all day! It kills the sex drive so obviously it is being used by jobless women!

17 Likes

Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by nex(m): 3:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
This consumption of Codeine in cough syrups is quite prevalent in Northern Nigeria, but is creeping quite fast to the South. Personally, I've gulped about half a bottle of this drug once in the university, and it was absolutely useless. It made me weak, and unable to perform any physical or mental function. I don't see the benefit at all.

My belief is that the people who use it are those who are sleepless, or bored. Possibly, those young society women who have married moneybags, and now find themselves in an unusually boring life than they are used to.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Atmmachine(m): 11:34am On Sep 11, 2015
I hate that shiit.
I have tried every hard drugs & every shiity stuffs
Codeine
Tramadol
Captain black
Cigarettes
I tell you what ?? It's just rubbish.

I only do marijuana now because it has so many values.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by BiggerBangs: 11:34am On Sep 11, 2015
grin

[size=20pt]BiggerBangs[/size] Again
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by yomalex(m): 11:34am On Sep 11, 2015
Many factors and it's an Opiate

2 Likes

Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by powerfulsettingz: 11:34am On Sep 11, 2015
Cute
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by kennyman2000(m): 11:34am On Sep 11, 2015
Lemme learn

1 Like

Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by mrlaw93(m): 11:35am On Sep 11, 2015
g

1 Like

Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by rapfezy: 11:35am On Sep 11, 2015
to last longer since their husband don use alomo

14 Likes

Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 11, 2015
Ok
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by exlinkleads(f): 11:35am On Sep 11, 2015
Dd
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 11, 2015
undecided
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by stag: 11:35am On Sep 11, 2015
Most women need dependency. Its either her husband or she drifts off for it, anywhere, anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by AroOkigbo(m): 11:36am On Sep 11, 2015
Whatever a man can do, women can do it better.

No be so dem de talk am?
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Chommieblaq(f): 11:36am On Sep 11, 2015
Very common in the North.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:37am On Sep 11, 2015
Chommieblaq:
Very common in the North.

just like cancelling of bottles is so common in the east tongue

5 Likes

Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by jaybee3(m): 11:38am On Sep 11, 2015
be right back... lemme ask Ifa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 11, 2015
We call it Koko!

1 Like

Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 11, 2015
i didn't know that!
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Opinedecandid(m): 11:38am On Sep 11, 2015
Simply because most married men are irresponsible and irresponsive.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by DJMCOTTY(m): 11:38am On Sep 11, 2015
Why would i drink and drive when i can smoke and fly... grin

14 Likes

Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Franchise21(m): 11:38am On Sep 11, 2015
OK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by NOTRIBE: 11:38am On Sep 11, 2015
ESPECIALLY THOSE FROM ONDO, OSUN, OYO, LAGOS!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by esere826: 11:38am On Sep 11, 2015
nex:
Is It To Increase Sexual Performance or Escape Their Reality?

They just want to be able to wind down and sleep after battling with the stress of the kids all day

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by tolexy007(m): 11:38am On Sep 11, 2015
shocked hearing this for the first time shocked......pls what is Codeine?

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangers Of Using Clobetasol Skin Bleaching Creams ! / Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills / Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.