Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,179 members, 7,807,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs (63880 Views)

Some Interesting Hausa Proverbs / Owe Ile Yoruba -some Lovely Yoruba Proverbs And Their Meanings. / 5 Super Hilarious Hausa Proverbs And Their Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 09, 2015
midolian:

what of soaking blood tinz of baboons n monkeys
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by freedom96: 4:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
NinaArsenal:
lolz. Come lemme teach you hausa language. I get A for WEAC cheesy cheesy
You from Kd?A no be small thing o...for WAEC na C5 them give me cheesy
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by midolian(m): 4:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
chuna1985:

what of soaking blood tinz of baboons n monkeys
chuna1985, my main man! How you dey? grin
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by freedom96: 4:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
bugzbunny:

Ewu
u think m joking huh?
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by Fulaboy(m): 4:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
Aminat508:

Inasunka: i love you kiss
Yeah I know wink I love you too kiss tongue
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by NinaArsenal(f): 4:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
freedom96:
You from Kd?A no be small thing o...for WAEC na C5 them give me cheesy
. Base in kD not from there. Hausa is easy to learn..
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by woky: 4:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
walescounis:
Shege, Yaro, Barao Banza, i dont know the Meaning o but they're proverbs too. grin grin
"shege" is not a friendly word.
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by freedom96: 4:28pm On Sep 09, 2015
NinaArsenal:
. Base in kD not from there. Hausa is easy to learn..
Yeah...my Secondary school hausa teacher is not from the hausa tribe sef.
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by NinaArsenal(f): 4:31pm On Sep 09, 2015
freedom96:
Yeah...my Secondary school hausa teacher is not from the hausa tribe sef.
Wow That's Nice
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by Aminat508(f): 4:32pm On Sep 09, 2015
Fulaboy:
Yeah I know wink I love you too kiss tongue

Falafala grin grin

1 Like

Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by enthusiastica: 4:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
Yaya shan ruwa ga giwa bare tayi azumi;
kuma kwafa'da wai anyiwa yarinya mugun miji;
Da sanin ango akayiwa kawayen amarya duka;
Bada hawayenaba kukan mutuwar uwar kishiya.
Ni ba bahaushe bane amma nai zama da su na mutunci. Allah I kara daukakamu gabadaya. Amin

1 Like

Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by panch001(m): 4:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
NinaArsenal:
Wow That's Nice

Are you freedom udochukwu light? cos the name seems familiar
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 4:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
Ba a Kare gudu da tsutsa gwaiwa = it is impossible to excel in a race if the runner scratches the scrotum while running grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

"Midolian is a slave to the fulanis, he's not a freeman", Quote me anywhere.
it seems you are fighting midolian over aminat508. That girl ll leave the two of you and marry one Alhaji soon.

Make peace with your adversary
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:41pm On Sep 09, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
it seems you are fighting midolian over aminat503. That girl ll leave the two of you and marry one Alhaji soon.

"To hell with midolian" Quote me anywhere.
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by midolian(m): 4:44pm On Sep 09, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
it seems you are fighting midolian over aminat508. That girl ll leave the two of you and marry one Alhaji soon.

don't mind that cassanova! I warned him but he wouldn't listen. Now I have won and he is bitter. How is this my fault, pls? grin
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by Sunymoore(m): 4:44pm On Sep 09, 2015
wannan yayi Aradun Allah.. Amma akwai kura-kurai achiki....
Mutanena yane to? kufito da kawunanku fa, ga Zaren(Thread) mu a nan.....
Zakarar ka Rakuminka
Meaning: your Cockkk(Male Hen) is your Camel...Literally
but the real meaning is: The smaller you have if it can serve the purpose is BIG

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 09, 2015
midolian:
chuna1985, my main man! How you dey? grin

I'm okay.

Dont u know the Blood n baboon tinz
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by aalimco: 4:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
NICE.
But next time if u want write "anything" in Hausa find somebody from either kano or Daura to write."TOO MUCH SPELLING MISTAKE" lol
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by aalimco: 4:49pm On Sep 09, 2015
NICE.
But next time if u want write "anything" in Hausa find somebody from either kano or Daura to write."TOO MUCH SPELLING MISTAKE" lol
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by udeenz(m): 4:52pm On Sep 09, 2015
OP. are u from Niger republic?
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by Sunymoore(m): 4:54pm On Sep 09, 2015
An that imfamous 'Dogs and baboon will be sucked in blood' means that; Both parties of something is equally going to have the same faith...In hausa, is said as "Kare jini biri jini" So taking is literally is 'Dog in blood and baboon in blood'
The proverb came from the act of fighting between a dog and baboon. Those that know will understand that when dog and baboon fight, both parties suffers, as they fight to the extent of injuring their selfs and there's no winner when the fight ends...
So you can use the proverb when somebody is trying to snatch your girl friend by saying " Tunda ya nuna yana da kudi kuma zai kwache mun yarinya, sai dai ayi kare jini biri jini" Translating this in english means 'Since the man is trying to use the power of money and take my girl from me, both of us will lose her'
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by ylaa(f): 4:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
"SUPER-SWEET" COLLECTION OF HAUSA PROVERBS!
TOM TOM ABI BABA BLUE?
SOME EXPRESSION grin grin grin
MAY GOD HELP US

1 Like

Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by midolian(m): 5:01pm On Sep 09, 2015
aalimco:
NICE.

lol..ok, thanks.. But I am not anywhere close to Daura oR Kano grin
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by Aminat508(f): 5:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

"To hell with midolian" Quote me anywhere.

Sweetie ozaoekpe inahun ni? kiss

2 Likes

Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by Omotayor123(f): 5:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
Aminat508:

Sweetie ozaoekpe inahun ni? kiss
Chai, ore MI.. So you Sabi blow grammar tongue
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by OZAOEKPE(f): 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
Aminat508:

Sweetie ozaoekp inahun ni? kiss
"You have changed", Quote me anywhere.
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by Aminat508(f): 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
Omotayor123:

Chai, ore MI.. So you Sabi blow grammar tongue

Whalahi kanaji hausa kandankanda grin

1 Like

Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by Aminat508(f): 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

"You have changed", Quote me anywhere.

U have change too embarassed embarassed cry
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by Omotayor123(f): 5:06pm On Sep 09, 2015
Aminat508:

Whalahi kanaji hausa kandankanda grin
Yeeee moku ooo *Outer thread* my head is still very useful.
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by OZAOEKPE(f): 5:06pm On Sep 09, 2015
Aminat508:

U have change too embarassed embarassed cry
"You should know am a jealous lover, I don't share my woman, but you go around flirting with my enemy". Quote me anywhere.
Re: A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs by Aminat508(f): 5:06pm On Sep 09, 2015
Omotayor123:

Yeeee moku ooo *Outer thread* my head is still very useful.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) / Somali-Sudanese Wedding / Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.