Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Pls I Need Ur Help On Starting My Fashion Business In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pls I Need Ur Help On Starting My Fashion Business In Nigeria (2548 Views)

Help With Starting My Drycleaning Business / I Need Advice On Starting My Business / Tips On Starting A Small Scale Supermarket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Ur Help On Starting My Fashion Business In Nigeria by Yets(f): 3:17pm On Apr 06, 2009
Being in the Fashion industry has always been a dream i've always wanted to accomplish,  I've always wanted to go into franchising but i knw im a little bit too young and have don't much experience for that so i have decided to start my own business,  Thereby giving people what they want when they want it and at very affordable prices,

Now the problem is I'm not sure if this is a good idea as im 23 and i graduate this summer and i could get a 9-5 job dat wil pay well,  but i have a passion for fashion and giving other young people like me who cannot travel abroad or just dont have the time to travel the opportunity to buy nice quality stuff,  I left nigeria at 15 and i dont really have a lot of friends in nigeria,  Do you think i wil make it in the industry

Pls i need ideas on what ladies and men desperately need in fashion,  I have been told there is not a lot of choice in workwear for the "YOUNG AND SASSY" who work 9-5 in nigeria,  The ones available are either over priced or not nice enuff,

FOR ME ITS ALL ABOUT GIVING PEOPLE THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE A WIDE RANGE OF CHOICE AND BUY QUALITY STUFF  AT AFFORDABLE PRICES

Thanks smiley
Re: Pls I Need Ur Help On Starting My Fashion Business In Nigeria by Yets(f): 12:24pm On Apr 08, 2009
sad sad sadPLS DONT JUST READ N SIGN OUT, UR OPINION WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED, U CAN EVEN SAY WHATEVER COMES TO UR HEAD FIRST, DIS FORUM IS FOR THOSE THAT WANT TO START A BUSINESS N I'VE SEEN MOST PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ADVICED ON HOW TO GO ABOUT IT, PLS I NEED ADVICE/ANSWERS,
Re: Pls I Need Ur Help On Starting My Fashion Business In Nigeria by naijacutee(f): 5:08pm On Apr 09, 2009
Hi, my housemate is just like you. In what area of fashion are you specifically interested in? African wears? Accesories? etc?

I would advice not overlooking the 9-5 job altogether. Get a job (if you can), as working in someone else's business will give you the experience you need for when you start your own - whther it's sales experience, marketing, retailing, analytical skills, research, customer service . . . whatever. You're bound to encounter situations which would cost you more, should you do trial-and-error with. Almost every skill you learn working for someone else can come in handy when working for yourself. Also, no ones says your business plans/interests should waste away. In the mean time, you can design your products and either sell them yourself, or sell your designs. There are many resources that can help you especially in this day and age. The internet is very useful in creating awareness, and if used properly, you can engage your customers, and start to spot trends in the market for when you want to go full-time. You can start putting things out there through Facebook and eBay - See what people say - will they buy it? If not, why?

All the best.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Shopping In Http://www.shop4africa.co.za/ / I am Looking For 6 Serious People Interested in Home Based Business in Nigeria / Can You Market These Newly 10 Innovative Fast Moving Products In Your State ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.