Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,705 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment (56410 Views)

Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' / Best Paying Northern NYSC States For Batch 17A Corpers / Top 15 Best States For NYSC In Nigeria| Highest Paying States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Harbdulrasaq(m): 1:08pm On Sep 09, 2015
[img]http://2.bp..com/-1COFUnoRWdc/VfAf52iGFnI/AAAAAAAABmw/-CI5KEH-pdk/s1600/aaaaa.jpg[/img]
In the wake of recent attacks and unrest across the states of Nigeria, the NYSC board has now included in the registration procedure of NYSC members to choose at least 3 states which they would love to be deployed from which one will be finally selected for them by the board.

I think the NYSC has started to become liberal and more democratic with this initiative but it will stand against the main motive for which the programme was established!

The disadvantage of this development will be very disturbing; as some states will be favoured at the expense of the others.

However, the corps members have restricted Geo-political zones depending on the school they graduated from!

http://www.edificationinfo.com/2015/09/nysc-now-allows-students-to-choose.html

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Ugomba(m): 1:09pm On Sep 09, 2015
That would be Nice..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by nikkiking(m): 1:11pm On Sep 09, 2015
I think it's a wise move.

At least some would prefer there state undecided.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by dejavski(m): 1:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
Good for them
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by WHOcarex: 1:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
Unwelcomed development

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by kenny987(f): 1:17pm On Sep 09, 2015
What is the aim sef? You don't unite people by force! If they did not wish to be there or be joined with some others and they are sent there against their will, they will only endure and disappear once they can so why the pretence? Nobody likes to leave their comfort zone unless for identified economic reasons. Not to talk of a place like Nigeria where corps members are easy targets because to a large extent those posted to the North are likely Southerners and Christians so some idiots will pick them off easily.

Youth service should be voluntary or graduates should be posted within their geopolitical zones so everyone stays in their areas. The choice to go outside one's zone should be a choice and not for cosmetic national unity. Imagine those that were killed in 2011! Where was the unity?

121 Likes 9 Shares

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Imortal001: 1:18pm On Sep 09, 2015
Correct
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by DuchessLily(f): 1:36pm On Sep 09, 2015
Better jare... Some states/towns don't want pple to come unite with them ; so its good!

We are tired of losing corp members to hostile and wicked regions

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by PRINCENWAEZE(m): 2:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
Good development

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Aitee1: 2:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
Good!!!

Now let the mallam serve themselves tongue

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by gokay11(m): 2:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
Wonderful
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by jazinogold(m): 2:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
so after I do go waste tym go serve for northern Nigeria naim dem no say dem go fit select were to serve? angry

wey I for don go serve were relate to my field rada than teaching dose aboki Wey like to rear cattle pass book!

maybe dy wan get 270cattles!

I am JAZINOGOLD, and I just want to make common sense!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Dahveydson(m): 2:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
It's effect will be both negative and positive. Soon there will be clamour for NYSC to be optional then there will be clamour for NYSC to be scrapped. This is just phase one.

Personally, I don't support this initiative, we are in 2015, youths served in 2010, 2011, 2012 at the height of the insurgency and they were not given option to choose. What's the essence of one choosing where they will serve, what they will learn about their country and which parts of Nigeria they wouldn't want to go. It defeats the whole essence of the scheme. Who will choose to serve in the north now? Sigh. The days of selfless service to the nation is coming to an end.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by joystickextendr: 2:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
good cool
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by toluxa1(m): 2:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
Ronse go still dey sha
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Berrylite: 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
Hmmmmm....this is the beginning of the end of this scheme....

4 Likes

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by YerYer: 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
Progress!
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by bamac(m): 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
It is a good move which will be highly appreciated if followed.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by stepo707: 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
lagos go full ehn....Abuja and rivers also

10 Likes

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by koxi: 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
That will be great news o!
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by kilokeys(m): 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
taraba was fun..

wouldnt have traded that year for anything

6 Likes

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by DICKtator: 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
Wooow!!!

Such good news!!!

Sambisa,Bornu, here I come!!!

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Sweetyie(f): 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
I'm jst tryin to imagine d number of corpers that will fill Lagos and Abuja

8 Likes

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by ibkgab001: 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
I'm waiting for my eastern baby oooo

Osun on point

1 Like

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by iheanyi40(m): 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
that's good, welcome development
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by preciousMI1(f): 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
Lagos... Abuja.... will be flooded...

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by b0y(m): 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
If you know what is good for you, please jejely pick Yobe and be subject to the redeployment formalities that come after. Picking your 'choice' location is near hopeless as far as this system we are in is concerned.

Dont be a victim of APC's deceit. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
good move...

Please wailin g wailers, stop mentioning me again.

My name is Wailing (wae-ling) grin

1 Like

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
Ok
Good move, but these options should be restricted to three different geo-political zones

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Check Out This Pictures Of Nigerian Man Who Turned Into Girl.. / Deeper Life Church Member Shares Photo Of Corps Member Wearing Khaki Skirt / Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.