Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment (56407 Views)

Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' / Best Paying Northern NYSC States For Batch 17A Corpers / Top 15 Best States For NYSC In Nigeria| Highest Paying States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by closetoyou(f): 2:20pm On Sep 09, 2015
Let's understand d message well, it's not automatic, u choose 3 nd nysc makes d final decision
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
You are posted to a place but never forced to blend or unite with anyone. Nysc never forces you to blend or associate with anyone.

Anyway, different views from us all.
kenny987:

Like I said, choice. U can drag a horse to the stream but u cannot force it to drink. If a person refuses to blend or unite with others whether by choice or because the people are hostile and known to kill for sport then u cannot force them. It should be voluntary or people should be allowed to choose.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by 360command: 2:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
ilobasama:
Good move, but these options should be restricted to three different geo-political zones
SW, SS, SE right! No time for the north, na north east I dey pity self.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Armaggedon: 2:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
Southeast, south south and lagos will benefit
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Bishop4bella(m): 2:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
Dahveydson:
It's effect will be both negative and positive. Soon there will be clamour for NYSC to be optional then there will be clamour for NYSC to be scrapped. This is just phase one.

Personally, I don't support this initiative, we are in 2015, youths served in 2010, 2011, 2012 at the height of the insurgency and they were not given option to choose. What's the essence of one choosing where they will serve, what they will learn about their country and which parts of Nigeria they wouldn't want to go. It defeats the whole essence of the scheme. Who will choose to serve in the north now? Sigh. The days of selfless service to the nation is coming to an end.

Are going forward or backward.

Nigeria forward ever, backward never.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by mikkypel(m): 2:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
Dahveydson:
It's effect will be both negative and positive. Soon there will be clamour for NYSC to be optional then there will be clamour for NYSC to be scrapped. This is just phase one.

Personally, I don't support this initiative, we are in 2015, youths served in 2010, 2011, 2012 at the height of the insurgency and they were not given option to choose. What's the essence of one choosing where they will serve, what they will learn about their country and which parts of Nigeria they wouldn't want to go. It defeats the whole essence of the scheme. Who will choose to serve in the north now? Sigh. The days of selfless service to the nation is coming to an end.

Oga let it come to an end, it's better
. Even the constitution is not selfless
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by dmcdad: 2:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
kenny987:
What is the aim sef? You don't unite people by force! If they did not wish to be there or be joined with some others and they are sent there against their will, they will only endure and disappear once they can so why the pretence? Nobody likes to leave their comfort zone unless for identified economic reasons. Not to talk of a place like Nigeria where corps members are easy targets because to a large extent those posted to the North are likely Southerners and Christians so some idiots will pick them off easily.

Youth service should be voluntary or graduates should be posted within their geopolitical zones so everyone stays in their areas. The choice to go outside one's zone should be a choice and not for cosmetic national unity. Imagine those that were killed in 2011! Where was the unity?
Spot on.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by 360command: 2:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

How practicable is this? In the likely event that nobody chooses certain states, what happens?
incentives : allowee go increase, state govt wud need to pay them, govt wud nid to promise them govt jobs after service.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by sweatlana: 2:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
That's good
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by oweman: 2:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
kenny987:
What is the aim sef? You don't unite people by force! If they did not wish to be there or be joined with some others and they are sent there against their will, they will only endure and disappear once they can so why the pretence? Nobody likes to leave their comfort zone unless for identified economic reasons. Not to talk of a place like Nigeria where corps members are easy targets because to a large extent those posted to the North are likely Southerners and Christians so some idiots will pick them off easily.

Youth service should be voluntary or graduates should be posted within their geopolitical zones so everyone stays in their areas. The choice to go outside one's zone should be a choice and not for cosmetic national unity. Imagine those that were killed in 2011! Where was the unity?

Those that died 2011.were.marjorly those.who collected money for electing riging meanwhile anyone that did or atempt to rig election is not fit to live should be fed o hyenas i @ UI zoo .
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by kenny987(f): 2:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
ilobasama:
You are posted to a place but never forced to blend or unite with anyone. Nysc never forces you to blend or associate with anyone.

Anyway, different views from us all.

The primary aim of the NYSC is to foster national unity. That is why I have said that unity is a conscious decision. The NYSC has not achieved that singular aim going by the Nigeria we see today despite attempts at an appearance of unity. If citizens don't accept and inculcate unity whether on the part of corps members or on the part of host communities where the corpers are posted to then what is the point?
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by IVORY2009(m): 2:28pm On Sep 09, 2015
If dis writeup is true, d whole essence of setting up the National Youth Service Program would hv been defected, reasons is dat, students would now be concertrated on some geographical areas of the country, whereby neglecting other parts of the country and the program is meant to bring about unity across all geopolitical regions.
E.g. I am certain dat 75% of students would want to choose Lagos ==> Abuja ==> Port Harcourt, any of those hot cities for deir primary assignment.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Habidab: 2:28pm On Sep 09, 2015
kenny987:

You are right Madam but need to understand the other aspect of life too, some might be opportuned to acquire a wealth of experience or secure a bettee Job
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by 360command: 2:29pm On Sep 09, 2015
Koolking:
Not cool. NYSC was set up as a 'paramilitary' entity where corpers are deployed to any part of Nigeria to serve with all his/her might. Allowing corpers to choose where s/he wishes to serve will render the program not on tenterhooks and uninteresting. Close pals could be sent to serve in one particular state. Where's the fun and diverse experiences of Nigeria?
trust me, even with d so called unity the programme was made for,there is just a thin line btw peace n violence
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 09, 2015
Hehehehehehehe
360command:
SW, SS, SE right! No time for the north, na north east I dey pity self.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Hardeybohwarley(m): 2:31pm On Sep 09, 2015
Nja z movin....

Buhari z workin.....

Anyway am juzt a pazzerBy
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by IVORY2009(m): 2:31pm On Sep 09, 2015
kenny987:

The primary aim of the NYSC is to foster national unity. That is why I have said that unity is a conscious decision. The NYSC has not achieved that singular aim going by the Nigeria we see today despite attempts at an appearance of unity. If citizens don't accept and inculcate unity whether on the part of corps members or on the part of host communities where the corpers are posted to then what is the point?

Exactly my point of view "Unity" dis you can see even here in Nairaland on a daily basis, regional fight grin grin in the political section, it was not like dis years back!
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by chiedu7: 2:33pm On Sep 09, 2015
NYSC WAS SIMPLY SET UP TO TAKE MAN POWER TO THE NORTH.

AND THE FUNNY THING IS THAT WITH CENSUS THEY ARE MILLIONS AS THE ELECTIONS SHOW.

BUT WHEN YOU START COUNTING THEY ARE THOUSANDS LIKE THE REVELATION THAT ONLY 400K WERE REGISTERED IN KANO
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by kenny987(f): 2:33pm On Sep 09, 2015
oweman:

Those that died 2011.were.marjorly those.who collected money for electing riging meanwhile anyone that did or atempt to rig election is not fit to live should be frf to hyenas in UI zoo .

That is the reason why no self-respecting corps member will want to be posted there if he/she is not originally from such areas. You have told a lie based simply on indoctrination cos u can't think for urself. Because they did not allow underage voters and those evil among u to steal Jonathan's mandate u unleashed sorrow and pain on families! Assuming I follow ur very false assertion that they collected money to rig elections why weren't they handed over to the authorities for prosecution? Is that not how civilised societies function? So rigging warrants death? God forbid a continued union with u and those that reason like u! Blood lust is all u live for and u do not even have respect for the dead that is why u will release ur fingers and type what u just did in the most incoherent manner possible too!

The subject matter is NYSC posting and all u saw to do was attempt to justify demonic characteristics of killing and destruction of young corps members by your people! You are the one fit to be fed to hyenas in the UI Zoo!

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Arsenate(m): 2:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
on average northern students love staying up north... kano, Kaduna and abuja...most especially; and southerners will prefer their south. everyone wins.
nice development
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by 360command: 2:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
ilobasama:
Hehehehehehehe
boi boi ti mu dogoyaro.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
Aitee1:
Good!!!

Now let the mallam serve themselves tongue
i know a lady from Akwa ibom posted to kaduna, after serving till date she is yet to return home, she probably have gotten a job
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by DedeNkem: 2:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
Many will apply to be posted in South-East due to BK in the North.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by DedeNkem: 2:41pm On Sep 09, 2015
closetoyou:
Let's understand d message well, it's not automatic, u choose 3 nd nysc makes d final decision

At least, they will have idea where they may be posted.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Harmvirus(f): 2:41pm On Sep 09, 2015
Welcomed development biko so that our parents will not die of HBP
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 09, 2015
oweman:

Those that died 2011.were.marjorly those.who collected money for electing riging meanwhile anyone that did or atempt to rig election is not fit to live should be fed o hyenas i @ UI zoo .

You must be very silly, what of corpers that were killed in their rooms, you must be aboki an extremist, every other person is an animal to you only fit for suya
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Aitee1: 2:44pm On Sep 09, 2015
TolaOluwatosin:
i know a lady from Akwa ibom posted to kaduna, after serving till date she is yet to return home, she probably have gotten a job

And I know many that were killed 2011 in the northern states all cos they're not hausas angry
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by kenny987(f): 2:46pm On Sep 09, 2015
IVORY2009:
If dis writeup is true, d whole essence of setting up the National Youth Service Program would hv been defected, reasons is dat, students would now be concertrated on some geographical areas of the country, whereby neglecting other parts of the country and the program is meant to bring about unity across all geopolitical regions.
E.g. I am certain dat 75% of students would want to choose Lagos ==> Abuja ==> Port Harcourt, any of those hot cities for deir primary assignment.

I believe people will be more 'selfless' in their service when they are among their people or a place of their choosing. Certainly not a place where u are likely to be a victim of death for just about any reason simply because u are a Southern Christian identified by khaki uniform.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
You are the one that talked about choice. Since the program is still on, then just go with the initial choice of choosing to blend/associate or not
kenny987:

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by charlesucheh(m): 2:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
Lubbish!!!
Jst scrap the NYSC na, so that we'll know thay there isn't any programme for reconciliation!!!
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by merry02(m): 2:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
Some call it good move BT I call it unnecessary cos the main aim of NYSC is lost.....shm
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by PhunsukhWangdu(m): 2:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
Dahveydson:

...It defeats the whole essence of the scheme. Who will choose to serve in the north now? Sigh. The days of selfless service to the nation is coming to an end.

IN SHAAA LLAAH I will

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Check Out This Pictures Of Nigerian Man Who Turned Into Girl.. / Deeper Life Church Member Shares Photo Of Corps Member Wearing Khaki Skirt / Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.