Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment (56425 Views)

Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' / Best Paying Northern NYSC States For Batch 17A Corpers / Top 15 Best States For NYSC In Nigeria| Highest Paying States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by felix10(m): 3:50pm On Sep 09, 2015
I defer on this development because it means nysc has failed to meet its motive of cultural integration & very sure nobody will choose any northern state.D southern state will be over populated & d facility with not be enough.
I think fg should extend d orientation period to 2/3 month,with entrepreneural training & after that give Corpers btw 500k to 1m to start their own business.
I do not support its scrapping because that will create more unemployment which apc govt is trying to reduce to its bearest minimum.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by gbenga4my(m): 3:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
However, the corps members have restricted Geo-
political zones depending on the school they
graduated from!
NOBODY tk note of this last statement

1 Like

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by closetoyou(f): 3:54pm On Sep 09, 2015
DedeNkem:

At least, they will have idea where they may be posted.

Yeah, that's my point. People are making it sound as if some states won't have copers at all or might b to populated, but nysc won't allow .
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by idrissunny: 3:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
Nice one. But as me i can go to any state in this country
Harbdulrasaq:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-1COFUnoRWdc/VfAf52iGFnI/AAAAAAAABmw/-CI5KEH-pdk/s1600/aaaaa.jpg[/img]
In the wake of recent attacks and unrest across the states of Nigeria, the NYSC board has now included in the registration procedure of NYSC members to choose at least 3 states which they would love to be deployed from which one will be finally selected for them by the board.

I think the NYSC has started to become liberal and more democratic with this initiative but it will stand against the main motive for which the programme was established!

The disadvantage of this development will be very disturbing; as some states will be favoured at the expense of the others.

However, the corps members have restricted Geo-political zones depending on the school they graduated from!

http://www.edificationinfo.com/2015/09/nysc-now-allows-students-to-choose.html

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Beetroot: 4:00pm On Sep 09, 2015
kenny987:

Why then were those states created if they are not economically viable? It is then the duty of the govt to make all states fit for habitation or collapse them! Why do they have a claim to federal allocation if they are not going to be 'economically viable'?

You are ignoring the obvious which is, the states have been created already.That isn't gong to change anytime soon and you can't just collapse states at the snap of the fingers.

Corpers in a way are a form of human resource,the knowledge they carry is better dispersed than concentrated in a few states.We should encourage them to see possibilities in their states of deployment and if possible,kick-start their lives from there.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by ogaprime(m): 4:01pm On Sep 09, 2015
b0y:
If you know what is good for you, please jejely pick Yobe and be subject to the redeployment formalities that come after. Picking your 'choice' location is near hopeless as far as this system we are in is concerned.

Dont be a victim of APC's deceit. grin grin grin

You are kinda right, because relocating to another state won't be easy. They might say " sey no be you pick dis state ni? Why you won relocate"
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
Eeya but it didn't happen so early because some people would have loved to serve in Awka so they wil be close to their imaginary suitor.......kikikikik

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by beyoncausme: 4:10pm On Sep 09, 2015
nysc...henhen..
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by xxgig(m): 4:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
STATES like mine with little to no industries, no payment to corp members will definitely GET few persons coming here by choice. save for the prevailing peace and accommodating nature of it's people.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by 69MissedCalls(m): 4:19pm On Sep 09, 2015
ha! they don do mistake...Lagos go madt gan!
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by mkoabiola: 4:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
Nysc is abt to loose it relevance
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by pazienza(m): 4:27pm On Sep 09, 2015
Nice development. They should even fold the program, the program is a colossal waste of resources and time.

There is no uniting this colonial contraption.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 09, 2015
all they have to do is issue variable allawee!!!...Triple Allawee for states corpers don't like
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by kenny987(f): 4:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
I am rather going to the root of the problem which must be identified before any corrective measures are applied. State creation in this funny federal system we run is not viable. The regions must develop and source funds for their development and not have the FG dole out cash every month. Trying to make out any solutions without making fundamental changes will not amount to much of anything in the long run. There is no need to keep managing an already bad situation so change it already!

The corps members should be posted within their geopolitical zones of origin/residence. That way they contribute to the development of their regions and cultivate the culture of collective ownership.

Beetroot:

You are ignoring the obvious which is, the states have been created already.That isn't gong to change anytime soon and you can't just collapse states at the snap of the fingers.

Corpers in a way are a form of human resource,the knowledge they carry is better dispersed than concentrated in a few states.We should encourage them to see possibilities in their states of deployment and if possible,kick-start their lives from there.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by ifeomaekol(f): 4:38pm On Sep 09, 2015
That is sooooooo good.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 09, 2015
How can this work?

Everyone will just apply to go to the juiciest spots.

It's probably time to shut down the programme since it has become disconnected from its original ideals.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by ibedun: 4:56pm On Sep 09, 2015
They will all rush to the South West - the richest, juiciest, livable, arable, enjoyable part of Nigeria.

Cant see any true Omo O'dua going to the SouthYeast.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Emilord(m): 5:00pm On Sep 09, 2015
kenny987:
What is the aim sef? You don't unite people by force! If they did not wish to be there or be joined with some others and they are sent there against their will, they will only endure and disappear once they can so why the pretence? Nobody likes to leave their comfort zone unless for identified economic reasons. Not to talk of a place like Nigeria where corps members are easy targets because to a large extent those posted to the North are likely Southerners and Christians so some idiots will pick them off easily.

Youth service should be voluntary or graduates should be posted within their geopolitical zones so everyone stays in their areas. The choice to go outside one's zone should be a choice and not for cosmetic national unity. Imagine those that were killed in 2011! Where was the unity?
I just loved you
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Kiakia(m): 5:09pm On Sep 09, 2015
It is about time NYSC programme is scrappe if prospective corp members are allowed to choose their state of assignment. NYSC may have outlived it's usefulness.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Newtonray: 5:12pm On Sep 09, 2015
Can u eat dis tuber of cassava

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Beetroot: 5:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
kenny987:
I am rather going to the root of the problem which must be identified before any corrective measures are applied. State creation in this funny federal system we run is not viable. The regions must develop and source funds for their development and not have the FG dole out cash every month. Trying to make out any solutions without making fundamental changes will not amount to much of anything in the long run. There is no need to keep managing an already bad situation so change it already!

The corps members should be posted within their geopolitical zones of origin/residence. That way they contribute to the development of their regions and cultivate the culture of collective ownership.

I agree with you that states should be self sufficient.Their redundant nature has not helped matters.

On the other hand,posting corpers to their respective zones,or allowing them to choose their place of deployment will only breed clannishness,limit innovation and the transfer of ideas and inhibit collaboration between bright minds.

I believe we should adopt a more cosmopolitan approach to issues like this.There is a bigger picture.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by lordthree(m): 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2015
vinceman212:
Pls,wat if I choose 3(same) states E.g IMO,Imo,Imo.
in this case you're not fit to be a part of the nysc program.. ode
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Najatu: 5:31pm On Sep 09, 2015
Why disturbing youths? It is better to calculate their money and other benefits for a year and give it every graduate as compensation endurance and money as well as energy spent in school to starts their new lives .
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
TolaOluwatosin:
pele dear, i support the fact that corp members will have to choose, but the population of some states will be too much

I heard your then governor sent a flight to pick you guys up and gave you guys stipends
NYSC will knw hw to evenly distribute corp members optimaly. They hv three states to choose from five geo-pol zones. So dnt overwork urself. It's better than numerous deployment we witness every year. Moreover I dnt see the usefulness of the scheme, tht does nt mean tht nobdy has benefited frm it. Bt I'll tell u categorically today, with temperament of Nigerian youth, Nysc is no more serving its purpose. Families who has lost their loved ones, some their only hope, in this scheme wud nt even like to hear the word "NYSC"
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by myd4real(m): 5:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
PENDING THE END OF INSURGENCY IN THE NORTH AND KIDNAPPING IN THE SOUTH .
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by slimfit2(m): 5:36pm On Sep 09, 2015
Ope oh.. 1. Cross river 2. Cross river 3. Cross river.. Lobatan
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by kenny987(f): 5:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
Is there a monopoly of bright minds? They abound in all regions so they should employ these at their homes first. The adventurous ones will travel further and deliver what they can where they find themselves.

I keep asking, how much real unity has the amalgamation of Nigeria fostered? If that is too far, then exactly how much unity has NYSC brought about since its inception? Beyond learning about other cultures and inter-marriage what more really? Even the cultures can be learned remotely or as a funded research project not because one was sent there because he/she had no choice! They either scrap the thing and save money or ensure corpers get real experience! Is it not teaching they are forced to do apart from professionals like lawyers, doctors, nurses n co? Did they all study education? Why the deliberate misfit? There is so much wrong with the system so if it will not be reformed then I'd rather they scrap it.

Beetroot:

I agree with you that states should be self sufficient.Their redundant nature has not helped matters.

On the other hand,posting corpers to their respective zones,or allowing them to choose their place of deployment will only breed clannishness,limit innovation and the transfer of ideas and inhibit collaboration between bright minds.

I believe we should adopt a more cosmopolitan approach to issues like this.There is a bigger picture.

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Desvic: 5:44pm On Sep 09, 2015
Hmmmm,. Good move but this will have a disadvantage, in respect that people will tend to prefer the big cities of the country leaving the minor city especially the northern state with little or no corps member. [color=#000099][/color] embarassedb][/b]
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by LegalIcon: 5:56pm On Sep 09, 2015
I don't think that decision will help promote the aims of NYSC, as some states will have too many corps members while some may not even have up to 200. Anyways, Gombe remains the best state for me. I served in Gombe in 2012 and I enjoyed every moment, Gov.Damkwanbo even gave us 20k as Tfare on our POP.God bless Gombe everly.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by gnykelly(m): 5:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
abimic:
I remember vividly last year when I was posted to yobe only to be redeployed back to anambra after the necessary formalities, anyway, with this initiative, I guess it's time to scrap the scheme since it has outlived its intended purposes. Some states would be overly crowded while the clamour that the north is under developed and lacking in man power would rise immeasurably. One thing I know is no prospective or better put, only few prospective corps members would choose the North even though some, I mean very few some would prefer the north over south.

im from SW I will choose sokoto as my first choice then Taraba and cross river. you guys should stop painting northern Nigeria as if the whole north is boiling.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
cosmetic National Unity... I love that line

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Check Out This Pictures Of Nigerian Man Who Turned Into Girl.. / Deeper Life Church Member Shares Photo Of Corps Member Wearing Khaki Skirt / Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.