Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,267 members, 7,780,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:20 PM

Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request (8388 Views)

Ekiti Assembly Suspends Aribisogan For Demanding Fayose, Speaker’s Resignation / Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request / Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by captainprogress(m): 4:22pm On Sep 09, 2015
Ekiti State House of Assembly on Wednesday unanimously approved N19.6bn loan facilities for the state government.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the approval followed two different letters written by Governor Ayodele Fayose requesting the house consent to access the loans.

The letters are, “Consideration of the proposal of the State Government to Partake in the Excess Crude Account and Consideration of the Intention of Ekiti State Government to Partake in the Federal Government Bailout Package to pay Backlog of Workers’ Salaries.”

A breakdown of the loans showed that the state would access N10bn from Access Bank on 10-year and 9 per cent repayment arrangement.

Also, the state government would access N9,604,430,000 from Skye Bank on 20-year and 9 per cent repayment arrangement.

The Leader of the house, Mr Akinyele Olatunji, had appealed to members to give the request accelerated considerations.

Olatunji described the government’s intention as a good development, saying it would better the lives of Ekiti people.

Olatunji said, “Access to the N10bn Excess Crude Account and over N9.6bn Federal Government bailout loan, respectively is a good development for the state.

“The loans will enable the present administration provide basic infrastructure and social amenities for the people.

“If the government is able to access these loans, the government will be able to execute developmental projects.

“Apart from the loan being used to pay the backlog of workers’ salaries, it will also enable the government provide some basic social amenities in the state.”

The views of the leader of the house was corroborated by the trio of Messrs Gboyega Aribisogan (Ikole I), Deputy Speaker, Segun Adewumi (Ekiti West I), and Dele Fajemileyin (Gbonyin).

They described the decision by the state government to access the loans as the best way out of the current financial situation.

“If these loans are obtained, it will take care of government campaign promises to the people,” they said in their different contributions to the debate.

Earlier, the Speaker, Kola Oluwawole, had read the two executive letters from the governor requesting the house permission through resolution

http://www.punchng.com/news/ekiti-assembly-approves-fayoses-n19-6bn-loan-request/
Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by omowolewa: 4:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
One chance, surely it would be more than enough to build stomach infrastructure.

10 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 09, 2015
Now the amiable and people loving Governor can continue on with the laudable projects he has embarked upon since he was sworn in!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by tayebest(m): 4:30pm On Sep 09, 2015
Another useless money granted

This yeye man can as well go to market to buy maggi and pepper in market to do 'gra gra' for some gullible to aplaud him.

Ekiti need High rate of infrastructure programe and not your nonsense stomach infracstructure!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by OVI75(m): 4:33pm On Sep 09, 2015
WHATEVER.
Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
"For the good of the people, unlike oshiomhole that borrowed $78m, just to buy suit all because of a foreign cvnt", Quote me anywhere.

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by IbokUtoroh(m): 4:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
fayose clearing the mess fayemi piledup. Ekiti kete.

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by tayebest(m): 4:38pm On Sep 09, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"For the good of the people, unlike oshiomhole that borrowed $78m, just to buy suit all because of a foreign cvnt", Quote me anywhere.

Why forget so easily?? The money was granted to him after his wedding!

9 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
tayebest:

Why forget so easily?? The money was granted to him after his wedding!
"He started wearing suit after his wedding", Quote me anywhere.

7 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by tayebest(m): 4:43pm On Sep 09, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"He started wearing suit after his wedding", Quote me anywhere.
I see! cool
Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by temitemi1(m): 4:43pm On Sep 09, 2015
My ROLE MODEL grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by andrew12(m): 4:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
Wash
Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by ladyF(f): 4:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
More and more of taxpayer's money entering Fayoses pocket. The probing season will soon be here. Let's be patient.

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

13 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by Demmzy15(m): 4:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
chukwudi44:
Now the amiable and people loving Governor can continue on with the laudable projects he has embarked upon since he was sworn in!!

Pa Shukwudi State projects like buying pkomo, plaintain-chips, pepper, etc from road sides and eating bread and akara in bukker right?

OZAOEKPE:

For your mind you don make sense o! sad

OZAOEKPE:

"Who is oremussanctus?" Quote me anywhere.

OREMUSSANCTUS aka OZAOEKPE aka chilled camel piss and thick ogi, you think you can run ba?

12 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by MadCow1: 4:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
All I saw was;

Ekiti State assembly Approve 19.6 billion Naira Loan for a Mad Man...

Meanwhile, what is Ekiti States Internally generated revenue like currently?

How many decades will it take Ekiti to make 19 billion without Federal Government Alocation from proceeds of Niger Delta oil.

If all Ekiti people sell 1 kidney each, can it generate that type of money?

19.6 billion to buy more rice and share for Ekiti people wey hunger kill.. No jobs created, no economic policy made.. just borrow and chop.

Ekiti is a liability to the Nigerian state.. Give Ekiti state to Cameroon and bring back our Bakassi Penninsula.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by permsec: 4:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
A good step in the right direction i'll say; 10 billion @9% for 10years is reasonably viable.

But i urge the man of the people to utilise the fund properly and also avoid white elephant projects.

And also derive methods of increasing the state IGR.

Oshokomole! The man of the people!

The man that makes SAY BARBER Change his diapers very often like a 6months old baby.

God be with u and the people of Ekiti
Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by MrMcJay(m): 4:54pm On Sep 09, 2015
Okay

A few bags of rice and bottles of kerosene would make the average Ekiti Lawmaker to approve even his own death warrant.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by Bollinger(m): 4:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
omowolewa:
One chance, surely it would be more than enough to build stomach infrastructure.

The Ekiti people just made fayose richer. God help them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by Caliph69: 4:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
10 and 20 years repayment plans. Who will be governor then?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by MrMcJay(m): 4:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
chukwudi44:

Yes. Laudable projects like sharing stony rice and pigeon sized people to Ekiti people, checking the drivers' licenses of Ekiti motorists, swallowing food everywhere like a dust-bin and drinking fresh palm wine at local bars

Even Wike who sleeps like a tse-tse fly has done more work than Fayose.

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by Ezechiams(m): 4:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
Fayose Trending
Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by freedom96: 4:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
orrenmussanctus is that you?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by anigbajumo(m): 4:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
Hw cum dat gonna stop him frm eaten @iya mufu,iya jellili canteen.

Almost a year as a governor he only commission musical instrument wey no worth 300k,even ordinary councilor in my ward fit do dat.

Is a shame dat dis man is frm south-west....

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by MRBENZENE(m): 4:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
they keep borrowing and u don't see any meaningful project at the end

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by Demmocrats(m): 4:56pm On Sep 09, 2015
Hmmmmm

I pray they utilize it well

I pray that my beloved fayose has not lost goals and derails from his mission

I pray the money will be used wisely not to put the future of unborn children in jeopardy.

May God give him wisdom not to backslide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by philfrey08: 4:56pm On Sep 09, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by kennyman2000(m): 4:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
Hmmmm..
Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by emmabest2000(m): 4:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
Smh...

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by idolda: 4:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
Ok
Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
freedom96:
orrenmussanctus is that you?
"Who is oremussanctus?" Quote me anywhere.
Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by bamac(m): 4:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
Fayose go use the money organise talk show... He is fund of talking too much this days
Re: Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request by dguizman(m): 4:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
I hope he use the money well.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Youths Embrace "Not Too Young To Run Bill / Dig, 121,209 Other Policemen To Write Promotion Exam / Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.