Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church (36025 Views)

How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft / Long Snake Killed At Apostolic Church In Lagos (Photos) / The Apostolic Church Nigeria Releases 2016 Motto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 5:37am On Oct 11, 2015
THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Sunday, October 11, 2015

WHY LEADERS FAIL (2)

READ 1 SAMUEL 15:1-35

MEMORISE: Then the Word of the LORD came to Samuel: "I am grieved that I have made Saul king, because he has turned away from Me and has not carried out My instructions." Samuel was troubled, and he cried out to the LORD all that night. (1 Samuel 15:10-11)

On several occasions, the led are blind. However, most unexpected is that blindness would be found in the leader. Saul, the first king of Israel was with lots of prospects, but he failed God and his subjects. When a leader fails secretly, the consequences on the led become evident and are usually colossal: gives room for vain ambition, debates rather than obedience, and rebellion and self-propagation. It also draws people's attention to the leader away from God. Factors responsible for such colossal failures include:

1. Risk Aversion: Leaders at risk often begin to be driven by a fear of failure rather than the desire to succeed. They keep asking "What will I do to win more approval?" They are unable to take reasonable risks. They want to do only the tried and proven. They can't avoid failure!

2. Ethics slip: Integrity is indispensable in true leadership. Any discrepancy between who the leader is (character) and what he/she does (competency) creates an integrity crisis, causing the leader to step on the slippery slope of failure.

3. Poor Self-Management: Tragically, if a leader doesn't take care of him/herself, no one else will. Failure looms. Leaders aren't superhuman running with unlimited energy.

4. Lost love: Leaders must beware of moving away from their first love and dream, lest they find themselves working for causes that mean little to God. Stick to what God desires for you as a leader.

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Lord, in Your name, I refuse to be a failure in my generation.

2. Pray that God should help families to return to His original purpose.

3. Lord, deliver Christian bodies that are subtly tolerating and accommodating satanism in whatever forms, in Jesus' name.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: JOB 1-2

You are blessed in Jesus Christ name.
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 6:45am On Oct 12, 2015
Monday, October 12, 2015

SPIRITUAL LIFE IN CHRIST (1)

READ JOHN 3:1-10

MEMORISE: The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit (John 3:cool

Man is tripartite, made up of soul, spirit and body (1 Thess. 5:23). He is the creature of God, made out of the dust and enjoying the rare privilege of being made in the image and likeness of God through the breath of God in him. He is different from animals, which were not worked upon, but spoken into existence.

Adam was the first man created by God. He was made sinless. By implication, he was innocent and free of blemish until he fell in the Garden of Eden. To prove his innocence, the Bible confirms that he enjoyed a cordial relationship with God as of closest friends. There were no traces of sin in him at the beginning. When he eventually fell to Satan's lies, he lost all—the image of God and its prerogatives. Adam, by the virtue of fall became sinful, depraved, and then mortality set in. He became a natural and mortal man—sinful and carnal.

While Adam still maintained his three constituent parts (i.e. body, soul and spirit), the Spirit of God departed from him, just like any believer today who decides to fall out of the faith (Ezek 18:26). God has no pleasure in such backsliders (Heb 10:38). Spiritual life begins with spiritual rebirth (regeneration). It begins with and in Jesus, the spiritual Adam. That's the prerequisite for becoming members of Jesus' family. It entails transformation and translation from darkness to the Light.

Receive Him, become renewed and empowered by His Spirit.

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Lord, deliver me from the entanglement of the Adamic (sinful) nature.

2. Lord, let Your Spirit transform me and make me fit for Your service.

3. Pray that the purpose, programmes and projects of our political and traditional leaders will conform with the standards of the King of kings.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: JOB 3-4

This week, the Lord will bless everything that is yours' and nations will say indeed you are blessed in Jesus Christ name.
Stay Lifted
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:27am On Oct 13, 2015
Tuesday, October 13, 2015

SPIRITUAL LIFE IN CHRIST (2)

READ ROMANS 8:1-17

MEMORISE: For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live (Romans 8:13)

In Cain and Abel, we see examples of both the spiritual and the carnal man. The spiritual man worshipped God in spirit and truth with faith (cf. John 4:24, Heb 11:5). Cain was sinful, carnal and devious. His offering was rejected because his heart did not tend towards God.

The heart condition is a vital issue in the matter of spirituality. A carnal man carries the old, sinful heart, which is described as desperately wicked. However, a spiritual man carries the transformed, circumcised heart, which has been washed by the blood of the Lamb.

Who then is a spiritual man? The spiritual man is that man who is subject to the rule of God's Spirit through the functionality of his own spirit. He has God's dwelling in his spirit to sanctify him wholly. "The life of the spirit, powered into his whole being, causes every faculty to live by the life of the Holy Spirit and walk by the power of the Spirit," said Watchman Nee.

He does not live by the soul-life. His mind, imagination, feeling, ideals, love and opinion have all been renewed and cleansed by the Holy Spirit. The spirit part of a spiritual man has been strengthened to take care of the soul and body. Spiritual life connotes living by the Spirit, through the Spirit and in the Spirit. God is spirit. The pleasing and true worshipper of God is that person who worships Him in and by His Holy Spirit. That is how to meaningfully live the spiritual life in Christ. Are you being led by His Spirit? (Luke 2:25-35)

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Lord, I crave for Your Holy Spirit; do not allow me to continue satisfying the will of the sinful nature.

2. Lord, curb the prevalence of carnality among church leaders.

3. Remember every pregnant labouring and at the verge of delivery; neither the mothers nor their expected babies will die, in the name of Jesus.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: JOB 5-6

The Lord of host will turn all your sorrow to joy in Jesus Christ name.
God Bless You

1 Like

Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:37am On Oct 14, 2015
Wednesday, October 14, 2015

THERE IS HOPE

READ JOB 6:8-21

MEMORISE: At least there is hope for a tree: If it is cut down, it will sprout again, and its new shoots will not fail. (Job 14:7)

Job was a man who had more than a fair share of suffering in life. From his traumatic experiences, we know that God doesn't do evil but permits it for His purpose. Hardly is there anyone in this life who can suffer half of what Job experienced before breaking down, denying and abandoning the faith.

Not that Job took the experience with total equanimity. At some points, he was close to breaking down and losing hope, especially after the one who was supposed to be his closest friend (his wife) deserted him. Even his friends began to ridicule him. It wasn't easy! There were times when he asked if there was still hope for him (Job 17:13-15).

What kept Job going? His unrelenting trust in God; in the assurance of His personal integrity. "Though He slayed me, yet I will hope in Him; I will surely defend my ways to His face (Job 13:15). Whatever you are passing through today is not unknown to God. Keep your hope in Him alive. Whenever you are going through challenging situations, watch what goes through your mind. Don't let the devil steal your hope.

Are you facing tough times? 'Tough times don't last; only tough people do.' Is your marriage, business, career or even spiritual life witnessing crises? Don't abandon your trust in God and your personal integrity. Like the Biblical Ruth, you must possess eyes to see beyond the current realities (Ruth 1:12-18). "At least there is hope for a tree: If it is cut down, it will sprout again, and its new shoots will not fail." Don't give up. There is hope.

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Lord, forgive me for all my past tendencies to lose hope at critical and challenging moments of my life.

2. Father, remember Your promise never to leave me nor forsake me, and grant timely intervention to my odious situations, in Jesus name.

3. Lord, visit every Christian going through hard times everywhere, in Jesus' name.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: JOB 7-8

You are blessed in Jesus Christ name
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 2:29am On Oct 15, 2015
Thursday, October 15, 2015
WISDOM FOR A BALANCED LIFE
READ ECCLESIASTES 7:13-22
MEMORISE: Do not be overrighteous, neither be overwise — why destroy yourself? Dot not be overwicked, and do not be a fool — why die before your time? (Eccl 7:16-17)
Right from elementary classes, pupils are taught the importance of eating balanced diets to avert malnourishment that leads to a host of diseases. Balance refers to a state of equilibrium, a harmonious arrangement or relation of parts or elements within a whole. An imbalance in diet, life, relationships, and even growth can create so much frustration.
The Christian life requires a balanced growth. When growth occurs on a particular aspect to the exclusion and detriment to others, there is spiritual cancer. Many believers focus mainly on prayers. Yet some others do Bible Study with little or no praying. Some proclaim holiness without social values. Little wonder there is so much cancer and frustration in the body. Even as a child, Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and men (Luke 2:52). That is a balanced life.
Paul admonishes: "Let your gentleness be evident to all (Phil 4:5a). Gentleness here refers to moderation, a balance of all aspects. We are called to be unselfish and considerate in ALL we do. In his admonition, he mentions the ingredients of the balanced life that must be in the proper mix: prayer and petition soaked in thanksgiving (v. 6), wholesome thoughts (v. cool, and learning and practicing the Word (v. 9). The results of living a balanced life should facilitate the wisdom needed for same. That is, having the peace and presence of God (vv. 7,9) in readiness for the coming of the Lord. Decide today not to live a lopsided or deficient life.
PRAYER POINTS:
1. The Great Physician, heal me of every physical and spiritual ailments.
2. Father, I commit the case of all Your children with cancer in their bodies unto You; heal them now, in Jesus' name.
3. Lord, charge and change Your Church in readiness for Your Second Coming.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: JOB 9-10
There shall be no more delay in your life in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
Remain Blessed.
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:24am On Oct 16, 2015
Friday, October 16, 2015

EXPERIENCE GOD PERSONALLY

READ GENESIS 12:1-4

MEMORISE: So Abraham left, as the LORD has told him; and Lot went with him (Genesis 12:4)

Many Christians are exactly like Lot; they live what some call "follow-follow" lives. No specific direction, no vision. On the overall, they live without goals. Since there is no specific direction and destination, they are bound to land anywhere. The Bible reveals that Lot never lived life of his own until the opportunity came for him to stand on his own after the separation with his uncle's household (let's not talk about how they got separated here). He had no specific, personal encounter with the LORD. While Abraham was busy with the LORD, Lot was only following Abraham. Meanwhile, personal experience with God is an indispensable yardstick for successful Christian pilgrimage.

On about seven different occasions between chapters 11 and 19 of Genesis, God related with Abraham, but none in record with Lot. Lot had no singular encounter to his credit. One of the biggest mistakes one can make as a Christian is to claim that one is a child of God when He doesn't recognise one as such. Can you remember where and when you got saved?

Lot's life teaches us the importance of personal encounter with God, like Peter (Luke 5:1-cool and Paul (Act 9:1ff) had, respectively. The Israelites kept messing up in relation to God in the wilderness because they only saw God as JEHOVAH of Moses. Thus, they only sought God through Moses (Psa 103:7). What is your conversion experience? Every of God's dealing with you henceforth hinges on your salvation experience. Please, don't joke with it.

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Henceforth Lord, I develop a serious personal relationship with You.

2. Assist me to sojourn in life with You, oh Lord.

3. Pray that wealth should shift from the hands of those fighting the gospel to the gospel promoters.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: JOB 11:12

You will sing a new song this weekend in Jesus Christ name.
Stay lifted
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:27am On Oct 17, 2015
Saturday, October 17, 2015

WRONG CHOICE

READ GENESIS 13:1-18

MEMORISE: So Lot chose for himself the whole plain of the Jordan and set out towards the east. The two men parted company. (Gen 13:11)

One thing about accident is that it places permanent or temporal dents on both the human and material resources involved, e.g. in the case of our accidents, the car and the driver plus the passengers. The life of Lot was composed of accidents that left specific indelible scars on him.

The mistake he made at the time of our text was about choice. And it happened when Abram, his uncle, called him to settle permanently the rancour ensuing among their herdsmen. By all standard, he was junior to Abram, and so, ought not to have chosen ahead of him (big uncle for that matter!). Greed had blinded him such that he chose for himself: "Lot looked up and saw that the whole plain of the Jordan was well watered, like the garden of the Lord, like the land of Egypt, toward Zoar. (This was before the Lord destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.) So Lot chose for himself ..." (Gen 13:10-11).

The breakdown of this mistake: 1. He proudly chose ahead of his uncle (foster-father Abraham); 2. He chose without regard for God—he chose for himself; and 3. He chose by sight... "Lot looked up and saw".

When making any choice, one, don't get ahead of God; two, tame the beast of lust, covetousness and self-centredness—manifestations of carnality. Lot allowed his carnal mind to prevail. He saw well watered plain, but didn't forsee the impending fire. He thought it was like the Garden of the LORD, unknown to him that he had pitched his tent in hell. As you go your way, chose to be spiritually minded than being carnal. It pays (Romans 8:6).

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Lord, let Your Spirit be my guide always. Don't allow flesh to prevail in my life.

2. Lord, always have Your way in my choice/decision-making processes.

3. Pray that the enemies of the gospel should begin to fight themselves violently so that God's people will have rest of mind.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: JOB 13-14

You will never fail in life in Jesus Christ name
Stay Connected
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:35am On Oct 18, 2015
Sunday, October 18, 2015

HEED THE WARNING SIGNALS

READ GENESIS 14:1-16

MEMORISE: They also carried off Abram's nephew Lot and his possessions, since he was living in Sodom. (Gen 14:12)

An adage says "A straying dog will never heed the hunter's call". Lot had several opportunities to help him retrace his steps. There were warning signals to help him seek the LORD and make amends. He failed to make the most of these indications. This is another one of his mistakes and the third in a row.

When he parted with Abram, the Lord revisited Abram, but Lot continued without an encounter especially since he dwelled among the ungodly. Where are you located (Psalm 1:1-6)? Your location does not only determine your allocation, but also your experiences. Apart from the vices prevalent in Sodom that should have made him park out right away,another signal was the war. Yet, Lot remained in the land. Perhaps he was being carried away by the treasures and wealth of the land.

Has God spoken to you about the need to move, drop or do something but you feel reluctant because of the gains and goodies? Think of the day of visitation. Or, you have suddenly discovered some great treasures of the earth, which have blinded you to the surpassing treasures of heaven. What a pity! Better heed the danger signals around and seek the Lord. Children of God now have so many signs pointing to the second advent of Christ Jesus. It is quintessential to heed.

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Lord, don't let me fall in love with this world and fall away from You.

2. Pray that the purpose, programmes and projects of our churches will conform to the standards of the King of kings.

3. Pray that the mighty Hand of God will stop all forms of insurgency, terrorism, tribal squabbles and the likes in our societies.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: JOB 15-16
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:25am On Oct 19, 2015
Monday, October 19, 2015
BELATED EVANGELISM
READ GENESIS 19:1-29
MEMORISE: So Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who were pledged to marry his daughters. He said, "Hurry and get out of this place, because the Lord is about to destroy the city!" But his sons-in-law thought he was joking. (Gen 19:14)
Abraham continued to demonstrate his large-hearted concern and compassion for his treasure-blinded cousin. Concern and compassion are part of the attribute of a soul-winner. The angels who came to inspect Sodom before the rain of fire visited Abraham, who used the opportunity to play the role of an intercessor and watchman for his cousin and the entire people of the city.
Christians are appointed as watchmen and soul-winners wherever they find themselves (Ezekiel 3:16, Matt 28:19). However, Lot failed in this bid. His years of stay in Sodom could not produce even five righteous people as against the ten Abraham pleaded for. What a disappointment! If you are not a soul-winner, you will be a soul-waster.
The bible says, "...he who wins souls is wise" (Prov 11:30). This is where the wisdom lies; the people you evangelizes today will constitute peace of mind for you tomorrow and vice versa. The people around you must feel the impact of the gospel through you. Strive to bring many sinners to God. God does not want anyone to die but repent and be saved. Yours is to preach and pray. It is God's to do the conversion. Lot's belated outreach didn't pay God. Join the league of soul-winners today.
PRAYER POINTS:
1. Lord, help me not to disappoint You in the work of evangelism.
2. The Spirit of, and undying desire of evangelism, soul-winning and discipleship, possess me, so that I can influence my world for You, in Jesus' name.
3. Lord, let Your Church be passionate about evangelism and missions-minded than ever before so that it can fulfil the purpose of its establishment.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: JOB 17-18

The Lord will wipe away your sorrow this new week in Jesus Christ name
Remain blessed
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 9:25am On Oct 20, 2015
Tuesday, October 20, 2015

HOPE OF BRIGHTER FUTURE

READ 2 CORINTHIANS 4:8-18

MEMORISE: At least there is hope for a tree: if it is cut down, it will sprout again, and its new shoots will not fail. (Job 14:7)

The situation we are in today makes it seemingly difficult to keep hope alive. Is there hope for the future generation? What does the future hold for Christians who are passing through the moment of hardship and persecution because of their professed faith? Any hope? As Christians, it is imperative not to allow our present predicaments (challenges) blur our vision of the glorious coming of Christ and the day of our revelation and redemption (Rom 8:18).

Hope is a combination of faith and conviction backed by expectation. Hope is like an invitation letter bringing God to intervene in our situation (John 5:1ff). According to the memory scripture, Job expressed great hope in God. He was convinced of positive change, which only the Unchangeable Changer brings. Since, there is hope for a tree when cut off, there is no hopeless situations that cannot be taken care of by God in your life.

Jesus actually came for those regarded as hopeless. It takes spirituality to keep a perfect hope in God. Between here and there, there is "T". T is the difference, which stands for Time. Time is a function of hope and faith. Keep hope to keep living. Hopelessness is a disease of the mind that shuts the door for divine visitation and expectation. The confession of the Samaritan woman is a very big challenge here. Her condition, though precarious (call her a harlot, adultress, divorcee, all correct), yet her hope of meeting the Messiah never dwindled. Her expectation was not cut short. Your hope of better tomorrow shall never be cut short too. Why? Jesus is actively alive!

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Turn my hopless situation around, oh Lord my God.

2. Lord Jesus, Your quick intervention is what we need in our land, churches and homes, in Jesus' name.

3. Lord, help Your Church and the politics of our nation to be freer from godfatherism, cultism and unholy groupings, in Jesus' name.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: JOB 19-20

You are lifted in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:06am On Oct 22, 2015
Thursday, October 22, 2015

LIFE TREATY

READ JOSHUA 9:1-26

MEMORISE: And our elders and all those living in our country said to us, 'Take provisions for our journey; go and meet them and say to them, "We are your servants; make a treaty with us." ' (Josh 9:11)

The Gibeonites show how to enter into "life" in Christ. They chose to live by befriending the Hebrews, whose God they had heard of His dealings with people and their different kings. They mustn't waste time if they wouldn't suffer the same fate. Hence, they surrendered. Hope you have not forgotten the salvation story of Rehab? (Jos 2:1-24; 6:25-27)

As the psalmist, David fled from his son Absalom, he thoughtfully admonished, "Kiss the Son, lest He be angry and you be destroyed in your way, for His wrath can flare up in a moment. Blessed are all who take refuge in Him" (Psalm 2:12). Eventually, the Gibeonites became slaves among the Israelites, when it was discovered that they beguiled the LORD's people, although, they would not be destroyed, because of the existing agreement and covenant. The Gibeonites did the right thing (submission) but for selfish reasons and wrong way (2 Sam 21:1ff).

Christians are bond-servants of Jesus Christ and the Cross. Come to Him and the heavy yoke placed on you by the devil and sin will be taken off. Christ's light yoke is given to us as bond joining us with the Man crucified on Calvary (Matt 11:28,29).

To enjoy life that is in Christ Jesus, shun pride, arrogance, and overconfidence in self like the Gibeonites. Satan, the deceiver tells the sinner, "Don't worry, there is no cause for alarm," even when they live in death. The Bibles says, "... whoever believes in Him (the Son of God) shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16). Sign a life treaty with God by believing His Son, Jesus with open heart, without deceit like the Gibeonites, and you are covered forever.

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Oh Lord, I choose life and not death; give me Your life.

2. Every agreement with death and devil is here denounce and annulled, in Jesus' name.

3. Pray God to cone to the rescue of every Christian experiencing satanic threats, in Jesus' name.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: JOB 23-24

There shall be no more delay in your life and family in Jesus Christ name
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:22am On Oct 23, 2015
Friday, October 23, 2015

YOU SHALL BE MARRIED

READ ISAIAH 62:1-5

MEMORISE: No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate. (Isaiah 62:4)

Your long awaited day of celebration has come, in Jesus' Name. It was only Adam who never anticipated a spouse, yet, God gave him one, not two; a quick indictment of polygamy and polygamists. Your eager expectation to be married is justified. Only don't get ahead of God. Do you think you are due or over-due for marriage, and your suitor or wife isn't forthcoming? Don't worry; you are 7 steps away from your wedding. You are longing for that day when you'll celebrate and be celebrated. Then follow these steps:

1. Your suitor is at the door: Eliezer, Abraham's servant was already waiting for Rebecca (Gen 24).

2. Continue to be yourself: Eliezer was specific, any lady that came to the well and supply me water... Continue to be yourself in patience, obedience to God, your parents and the elderlys, and in respect for others.

3. Do not be indolent: neither Isaac nor Rebecca was indolent. No lazy girl would have been able to quench the thirst of 10 camels because camels have inner storage for water (cf. Pro 6:7).

4. Be respectful/humble. This is applicable to both sexes, no woman wants a bully for husband, and no man wants an arrogant lady for a wife.

5. Be hospitable (Heb 13:4) and moderately attractive (Gen 29:17).

6. Make your parents' reputation count. Do not bring shame to them.

7. The wake of your wedding: Don't forget to involve/invite Jesus. Jesus is our groom, we are His bride, and soon, He will take us to Himself (John 14:1). Anticipate the ultimate consummation in the sky.

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Lord, let my day of celebration come quickly to erase the shame of delay and disappointment.

2. Lord, cause all our marriageable spinsters and bachelor to celebrate marriage-wisely in this year, in Jesus' name.

3. Lord, deliver our youths from marital relationship with unbelievers.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: JOB 25-26

Garment of reproach is taken off you and Jehovah clothes you with garment of glory and honor.
Remain blessed.
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 6:51am On Oct 24, 2015
Saturday, October 24, 2015

POSSESS YOUR ENEMIES' GATE

READ GENESIS 22:15-19

MEMORISE: I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies (Gen 22:17)

Have you heard about SIEGE? It is a military operation in which troops surround a place and cut off all outside access in order to force surrender. When a siege is laid against a city, it means the city is about to be taken by an external force. When the LORD told Abraham about possessing the enemies' gate, He was in a way telling him that his enemies' defence would collapse before him and he would advance to take the city.

Gate is physical barrier that stops any intrusion or external aggression. As a child of God, you are part of that covenant—the Abrahamic covenant. The enemies' gate shall fall, and their city walls, like the mighty walls of Jericho, shall be pulled down before you, in Jesus' name.

It is vague to pray not to have enemy(ies). Enemies have their own economic importance:

1. They are like charger to you. Without them you will feel complacent.

2. The fact that God allows them to try their best over you with all futility shows you as a child of the mighty God.

3. God usually reveals His mighty power and matchless strength through the enemy as they experience His unstoppable might (Exo. 14).

Therefore, dear reader, when you possess the gate of your enemies you successfully extend your inheritance and reign. Receive the incomparable strength to take dominion, in Jesus' name. It is NOW!

PRAYER POINTS:

1. In Jesus' name, I expand my inheritance as I conquer my enemy's gate.

2. Lord, set free all Your children, who are under the bondage of the devil and the siege of enemies.

3. Lord, continue to deal accordingly with the unrepentant enemies of Your gospel and people everywhere, in Jesus' name.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: JOB 27-28

Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 8:05am On Oct 25, 2015
T HE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Sunday, October 25, 2015

MOTHERHOOD

READ 1 KINGS 3:16-28

MEMORISE: The woman whose son was alive was filled with compassion for her son and said to the king, "Please, my lord, give her the living baby! Don't kill him!" (1 Kings 3:26)

There is always a designated date annually for the mothers. Mothers' day (also known as Mothers' Sunday) is held on the second Sunday of May in most countries. It is a worldwide celebration of mothers, motherhood and the influence that mothers make to the lives of their children and society. Without them, the world would have become like hell.

What do we call a mother who murdered her son by herself and wanted another person's son to be killed? If there is anything more than terribly hellish, she would be called so. Who are you—a caring mother or a cruel murdered?

All hail true mothers. By their fruits we shall know them:

1. They have deeper knowledge of their children inside and outside.

2. Through them their children enjoy great security.

3. True mothers are blessed with bowel of mercy and compassion.

4. They plant true faith in God in the hearts of their children (1 Tim 1:5; Acts 16:1)—Louis, Eunice.

5. Safeguarding the revelations, (God-given secrets) about the programme and purpose of God for their children (Luke 2:19).

They return the children back to their giver—God (1 Sam 1:26).

Like James and John's Mother, they want the best for their wards.

It is important to know that if there are no Jochebeds, there can be no Moses; no Elizabeth, then no Johns. May our mothers not lose their vision, compassion and relevance, in Jesus' name. May they always be enabled to be responsible and respondent to their godly duties.

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Pray for your mother, your wife, and other ladies/women that they will not lose their motherly relevance and compassion.

2. Pray against all forms of wickedness against children—child abuse.

3. Pray that homes, schools and churches will be more interested in the wellbeing of their children and the youth.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: JOB 29-30

God bless you abundantly in Jesus Christ name.
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:17am On Oct 27, 2015
Tuesday, October 27, 2015

YOU NEED HIS SPIRIT

READ ROMANS 8:1-17

MEMORISE: And if the spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, Who lives in you. (Rom 8:11)

The Holy Spirit is both a "Person" and a subject in Christendom. He is the third Person in Trinity, hence, a prominent member of the Godhead. This view has been strongly opposed by the Binitarian and upheld by the Trinitarian. Binitarians are believers, who never believe in the claim that the Holy Spirit is God. Trinitarians believe otherwise in God in three persons—God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

In Genesis 1:1-3 and Matthew 3:16,17, the Trinity is implied. The Father was on ground (voice), the Spirit (dove-like) and the Son (Word). The Holy Spirit was and still remains an active "Personality" in creation. He influenced many of the Old Testament characters in active service to God and humanity. He orchestrated the prophecies of Jesus' birth and actively involved in His conception (Matt 1:18; Luke 1:35).

Someone has suggested S.A.E. as the acronym for the ministry of the Holy Spirit in the life of Jesus: S, for support—He supported Jesus; A, for Assistance. He assisted Jesus; and E, for Empowerment. He empowered Jesus.

You don't need the Holy Spirit less. He gives you new birth (John 3:1-cool, confirms your sonship (Rom 8:14,16), gives life (John 6:63), comforts and prepares for the work of the ministry (Joel 2:28, Matt 3:16, 4:1) etc. Please, don't joke with indispensable role in your life. Have you received Him? Ask and receive.

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Sweet Holy Spirit, let Your comforting presence give colour and meaning to your work in my life.

2. I need divine impartation to run the race set before me. Holy Spirit, dwell totally in me in Jesus' name.

3. Pray that our institutions of learning will become avenues for spiritual and moral reformation/transformation of our children and youths.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: JOB 33-34

The angel of blessing will visit you today and will take your shame away clothe you with garment of honor in Jesus Christ name
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:31am On Oct 28, 2015
Wednesday, October 28, 2015

POWER FOR EXPLOIT

READ ACTS 1:1-8

MEMORISE: But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." (Acts 1:cool

A man of God who was preparing to begin work on his postgraduate thesis on the influence of the Holy Spirit in Acts 2:1-4 stumbled on Billy Graham's book on the Holy Spirit and that of Ringenberg titled, 'By My Spirit'. He concluded at the end of going through these books that little wonder the likes of 'papa' Billy recorded great exploits with, in and for the Lord in the ministry; they had due regard for and recourse to the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the officer-in-charge of this dispensation. He is the One Jesus promised to send after He (Jesus) ascended to the right hand of God in Heaven, and indeed sent Him as manifested at Pentecost (John 16:7; Acts 2:1ff). Before then, Prophet Joel prophesied about His wide operations and influence in the latter days (Joel 2:28).

Jesus having enjoyed great working relationship with and perfect influence of the Holy Spirit, promised Him (the Holy Spirit) to His successors (disciples) as another comforter, whom He instructed them to wait for in Jerusalem. The journey through the book of Acts reveals the acts of the Holy Spirit through the apostles. In fact, it is better called 'The Acts of the Holy Spirit'.

In the wake of pentecost, about 120 people received the Holy Spirit and spoke in diverse tongues, so much that people of different countries who came to Jerusalem for the annual Jewish festival of Pentecost heard those Galileans praising God (prophesying) in their different languages. Peter was emboldened by the same Spirit to preach and about 3,000 converts were made instantly. You can do more for God by the power of the same Holy Spirit if and when you surrender to His infilling and leading.

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Lord, empower me by Your Spirit for great exploits.

2. Holy Spirit, expose all the so called ministers of God, who are using means in Your business.

3. Pray against the spirit of aimlessness and disorderliness among the church and national leaders. 
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: JOB 35-36

Come what may... You will make it in Jesus Christ name.
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 4:28am On Oct 29, 2015
Thursday, October 29, 2015

PRESENT YOUR VESSEL FOR INFILLING

READ ACTS 4:23-31

MEMORISE: After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the Word of God boldly. (Acts 4:31)

Robert Liardon, the writer of the bestselling book, "God's General", has researched into the lives of some great men and women of exploit in the Church. The remarkable thing about all the people in his radar is the unquantifiable presence and power of the Holy Spirit that influenced them. Any life in which the Holy Spirit is present, prominent and preeminent cannot but experience significant manifestations of God.

The great 1930 revival, tagged, "Oke Ooye festival" at Ilesa in Osun State Nigeria, where God did remarkable miracles, signs and wonders through the unforgettable Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola, the first General Evangelist of Christ Apostolic Church, might be missing Liardon's record because of the limited nature of every historian and their records, but is conspicuously in the book of the Holy Spirit, because he was the Brain, Power and Force behind it; the Organiser, Implementer and Conduct. Anyone the Spirit uses is a mere vessel, like a container, who has presented his vessel for the Spirit's infilling—availabilty. Hence, the content ( the Spirit's Anointing) is more important than the container (mortal man).

Let the Holy Spirit move through you to touch the entire world for God. You can be the instrument (vessel) of the end-time revival, just as He used our patriarchs to cause "Great Awakening" in their own times. Empty your vessel for the infilling of God's Spirit who will transform you into great transformer. Make yourself available now!

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Holy Spirit, I surrender myself to You totally. Have more of me daily.

2. Holy Spirit, help believers to yield their lives to You, so that Your purpose and programmes may be achieved through us.

3. Lord, work through me by Your Spirit to reach the unreached and bring about their liberation.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: JOB 37-38

You will not be stranded in life in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:51am On Oct 30, 2015
Friday, October 30, 2015

BE SPIRIT-FILLED

READ EPHESIANS 5:18

MEMORISE: Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead be filled with the Spirit. (Ephesians 5:18)

It is not uncommon for people to try to get inspiration for what they do. What varies is the source of such inspirations. Majority picks wine as the source of their inspiration. That is why Paul admonishes the Ephesian Christians who might have been falling into that temptation to stop looking for inspiration from the wrong quarters. Others get theirs from diabolism: 6th and 7th Books of Moses, rituals, magical handkerchiefs, etc. Christians should make the source of their inspiration the Holy Spirit. Nothing intoxicates in the right direction more than being filled with the outpouring of the Spirit of God. At the peak of the ecstasy in the Upper Room, the mockers misunderstood the move of the Holy Spirit for the intoxication of wine.

The following factors will aid your being filled with the Holy Spirit: (1) Recognition: the Holy Spirit is a person; He enjoys your recognition. No wonder Jesus instructed the disciples to wait for Him; (2) Reception: He is highly influential; dare not turn Him down; He must be received with a warm welcome. As you welcome Him into your life, He becomes very active in you; (3) Relationship: As a person, He has feelings, He can be hurt, He has emotion, He knows friends and foes (1 Thess 5:19). Talk, laugh, discuss with Him, let Him lead, direct, guide and control you; (4) Reverence: He is God. He must be worshipped, obeyed and trusted. Don't lie to Him or get Him angered (Acts 5:3; Eph 4:30); (5) Dependence: He is the comforter. So, you can go to sleep with all eyes closed; He is working on your behalf. He is reliable and responsible (Romans 8:16,26,27).

For a meaningful life and God-glorifying ministry, be filled with the Spirit.

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Stay close to me, Holy Spirit divine and let me do Your work with Holy passion, enthusiasm and genuine inspiration.

2. Holy Spirit, saturate the believers with Your anointing, so that we can be carriers of Your presence.

3. Lord, deliver believers from the disease of complacency so that we can increasingly cooperate with the Holy Spirit for His best.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: JOB 39-40

The spirit of the Lord Jehovah will not depart from you in Jesus Christ name.

1 Like

Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 8:24am On Oct 31, 2015
Saturday, October 31, 2015

LOVE, OH LOVE!

READ 1 JOHN 4:7-21

MEMORISE: And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. (1 John 4:16)

Imagine a world without love. It is possible to have a world more perfect than this or even worst. It all hinges on the availability or not of love. There can't be a perfect definition of what love is than the one, not just defined, but provisionally demonstrated in and through God in Christ Jesus; love is God, and God is love. He demonstrates that attribute of His to us such that we also can live and love in His own way (John 3:16; 1 John 4:16a). Just as it happened in Sodom and Gomorrah, the day the spring of love is dried up by the heat of lust, the world reaches its brink.

God, who is love has demonstrated His eternal love to us, as in, while man was yet a sinner, He made available His only begotten Son as ransom for our redemption (1 John 3:1). This is the peak and perfection of love.

What must we do? (1) Acknowledge God in Christ as the true love. (2) Give love its right place in our heart. (3) Love one another, not in words, but in action (John 15:12). (4) Know that love for God and man is the heart of Christianity (Luke 10:27). (5) Learn the ABC of love fron God's Word (1 Cor 13:1-13)—is patient, kind, doesn't envy, isn't boastful, isn't proud, isn't rude, not self-seeking, etc. (6) Love not the world; to love the world is to hate God.

For love, God gave Jesus to the world and Jesus offered up himself. The stream of love will not dry up from my end. Is this your sincere resolution? And the God of love will fill you with His love. Show God's love to someone (who seems unlovable) today and always.

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Lord, fill my heart with Your true love (Agape)

2. The root of evil, wickedness and hatred, dry off in my life, in Jesus' name.

3. Pray that the mighty Hand of God will stop all forms of violence against the less privileged in the land.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: JOB 41-42

Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 6:16am On Nov 01, 2015
Sunday, November 1, 2015

NO LONGER AT EASE

READ JUDGES 16:16-21

MEMORISE: There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. (Prov 14:12)

Once upon a time, a man was powerfully endowed from heaven and he rose to stardom. He was a terror to the enemies of his father's house right from his youth. He was actually fulfilling his God-given destiny and mission. All of a sudden, this powerful man, whom everybody was afraid of, found out that he could no longer do as before. It was no longer at ease. Samson was a unique personality, both in his rise and his fall. May your ease never be like that of Samson, in Jesus' name.

Though many wonders were done by him (Judges 15:4,12-17; 16:3), and this included, among others, the killing of 1000 warriors with the jawbone of an ass (Judges 15:15), he later fell from hero to zero. It was no longer at ease. 'The she called, "Samson, the Philistines are upon you!" He awoke from his sleep and thought, "I'll go out as before and shake myself free." But he did not know that the Lord had left him' (Judg 16:20)

Who took Samson's strength? He lost it to disobedience, uncontrolled passion and pride, to mention but a few. He was left at the mercy of his enemies. Disgracefully, he was brought down from a lofty height into a dungeon, with the loss of his vision, status (Nazirite), divine strength, freedom, and above all, his life. Be very careful with your life. May this not be your lot. Peradventure you've missed it, God calls to you, "Come now, let us reason together ... (Isa 1:18). Won't you come now?

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Lord, I am sorry for leaving You all this while. Please forgive me.

2. Lord Jesus, help me not to disappoint You and my generation.

3. Father Lord, help all those in the music ministry to avoid the pride of Lucifer, the first choirmaster in heaven, in Jesus' name.

EXTRA BIBLE READING FOR TODAY: PSALMS 1-2

The spirit of the Lord will not depart from you in Jesus Christ name and this is our month of comfort in Jesus Christ name.
God bless U and happy new month
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 4:41am On Nov 02, 2015
Monday, November 2, 2015

SATAN, THE LORD REBUKES YOU (1)

READ MATTHEW 4:1-11

MEMORISE: Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the LORD your God, and serve Him only.'" (Matthew 4:10)

The Scripture records in Jude 9, "But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him but said, 'The Lord rebukes you!'" And what does that mean?

The devil is a master when it comes to heated argument (disputing) and accusation over the authenticity of our godliness and Christian claims and testimonies. He accuses and contends accurately with facts and figures. He researches day and night to get facts about the weak and wicked tendencies in the Christian's life in order to have concrete evidences coupled with allegations (on most cases, false) to deal with the Christian. Moses was damned guilty when it comes to being ill-tempered shortly before his death. We shouldn't have easily forgotten how he angrily killed that Egyptian (Exod 2:11,12), and shattered to pieces the tablet of the law that he had waited on God for 40 days and night. But the Lord graciously rebuked the devil for him.

"Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: 'Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom fo our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before God day and night, has been hurled down.'" (Rev 12:10). And that is Grace at work.

As you go your way today, never give place to demons (Eph. 4:27) that could cause you to misbehave like Moses that almost sent him to hell. Cooperate with God to silence the devil whenever you are tempted or induced to misbehave.

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Thank God for revealing Himself to you and giving you the hope of eternity.

2. Satan, the Lord rebukes you over every issue and situation that has to do with me, in Jesus' name.

3. Ask God to touch your family members and relatives who are yet to come to the light of the gospel.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: PSALMS 3-5

You are lifted in the mighty name of the Lord Jesus Christ[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:18am On Nov 03, 2015
Tuesday, November 3, 2015

SATAN, THE LORD REBUKES YOU (2)

READ LUKE 4:1-13

MEMORISE: Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. (1 Peter 5:cool

God has promised to put Satan the accuser of the brethren under feet, making him lick the dust, and His promises never fail. Sure! Halleluiah! Hear the voice of the Lord declaring that your adversary (opponent, rival, enemy) shall lose gallantly today and always, in Jesus' name.

The devil's major lethal weapon and strategy is usually the use of lies. And so, Jesus warned his audience, "He (the devil) was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies (John 8:44b).

You are a child of God, as long as you have accepted and continued to remain in the lordship of Christ. So, do not allow Satan to regain ownership of you. You have no reason to lie over anything. You belong to God in Christ, "...the way and the truth and the life" (John 14:6). Just as the tempter (Matt 4:3; 1 Thess 3:5) lost to Jesus, Satan is defeated for you by the victory perfected and effected in Christ Jesus. Only apply self-controls and be alert always. You have what it takes to overcome all the temptations arranged against you. "You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world" (1 John 4:4)

Go out there and beat the devil's lies hands down. Subdue all human and environmental influences in Jesus' name. Amen

PRAYER POINTS:

1. O God of peace, bruise Satan under my feet today and always, in Jesus' name.

2. Lord, put the devil to shame as touching his plans for Your people.

3. Lord Jesus, let believers in You be more concerned with Your eternal glory than immediate gains in our services and activities everywhere.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: PSALMS 6-8

Every demonic orchestrated plans over you, your family and finance is shattered and nulled in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
You are Unstoppable
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 9:45am On Nov 04, 2015
Wednesday, November 4, 2015

THE FEAR THAT ENSNARES

READ PSALMS 27:1-14

MEMORISE: Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. (Proverbs 29:25)

The scripture uses the word "fear" in two different contexts: fear as of "dread, fight, afraid", and fear as "revere, highly esteemed." The first man (Adam) was created without fear or being afraid of anything. Rather, he revered God. But how did fear as fright enter into the world? "He answered, 'I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.'" (Genesis 3:10).

And why did he hide? The horror of sin stung him, thus causing great guilt that brought fear in its negative sense upon and into him. And since then, fear had turned out to be terror to man — the fear of failure, sickness, debts, divorce, miscarriage, poverty, evil, human wickedness, and of course, of death. Are these real? They are not real to only those who avail themselves of God's provision against the snare o fear.

By God's eternal design for this reason, Jesus Christ came "so that by His death he might destroy him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil—and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death" (Hebrews 2:14,15). And He has given us the spirit of power, love and self-discipline to overcome fear and timidity (2 Tim 1:7). Halleluyah!

Have you availed yourself of this great opportunity? If not, accept Christ's offer of salvation now to be free. And now that you are free, "do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him (Luke 12:4-5).

PRAYER POINTS:

1. O Lord, I receive Your power against all form of negative fears, in Jesus' name.

2. Lord, release upon Your Church the uncommon confidence to stand against the activities of antichrists in all their manifestations.

3. Pray that God should stop pastors, prophets, etc. from putting people under the bondage of unnecessary fear of Satan, demonic hosts, and enemies by intimidating 'hot prayers.'

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: PSALMS 9-11

Come what may, for the rest of your life, YOU WILL NEVER BE STRANDED IN ALL SPHERE OF LIFE IN JESUS CHRIST NAME.
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:48am On Nov 05, 2015
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2015
FEAR GOD
READ REVELATION 14:1-7
MEMORISE: Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honour the king. (1 Peter 2:17)
1 ¶ And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. 2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: 3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. 4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. 5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God. 6 ¶ And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, 7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. REVELATION 14:1-7 (KJV)
The everlasting Gospel is being preached now by God’s servants. What has been your response to it so far? Are you saved? (Matthew 24:14). Only few men care to know about life after death, which is eternity with God or eternity in total separation from Him. Do you too care? (Luke 16:26-31).
That Joseph feared God was evidences in the way he handled the daily temptations of Potiphar’s wife, and the human tendency to avenge himself over his half-brothers (Genesis 39:9; 42:18). The proof of your fear of God is evidenced in the way, or otherwise, you choose to follow the path of righteousness as against accepting Satan’s free offer of sin looming all around you. The fear of God was also demonstrated in the way the midwives responded to the murderous decree of King Pharaoh (Exod 1:15-21).
Our text today predicts another everlasting Gospel to be preached during the heat of the worldwide tribulation soon to begin after the rapture. That is why the scripture challenges us to Seek the LORD while He may be found; call on Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the Lord, and He will have mercy on him, and to our God, for He will freely pardon (Isaiah 55:6-7). Forsake sin and accept the salvation of your soul provided for in Christ, today? Fear evil, eschew sin and follow holiness.
PRAYER POINTS:
1. God, I accept Your offer of salvation now through Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour.
2. Lord, fill my heart with the due fear for You in everything.
3. Lord, instil Your fear in the heart of all students at the various levels to curb the prevalence of cultism, hooliganism, vandalism and the others.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: PSALMS 12-14

You are next in God's agenda for unending breakthrough in Jesus Christ name
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 8:09am On Nov 07, 2015
Friday, November 6, 2015

FEAR NOT (1)

READ ISAIAH 43:1-8

MEMORISE: But now, this is what the LORD says — He who created you, O Jacob, He who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are Mine." (Isaiah 43:1)

Many believers feel that they are entitled to some kind of protection from the adversities of life, but Jesus says, "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world (John 16:33b). What does Christ's statement convey here? Fear not!

One person has remarked, "A Christian is like a tea-bag; he [ of she ] is not much good unless he has gone through hot water." Hmmmm! Prophet Isaiah in verse 2 of 43rd chapter of his book definitely confirmed the above quote.

Yeah! Beloved, the troubles you are going through right now cannot be compared with the glorious victory that God will reveal in you through those 'troubles'. Just hold on to God. You are not alone in it all. Fear not, for when we meet our troubles head on, consider them as challenges that would make us better, and allow God to work things through for our good with thankful hearts, we immediately rob them of their powers to harm us or put us to flight.

Faithful is He who promised never to leave you, fail or forsake you (Heb. 13:5b-6). You are more than conqueror, even in all He allows you to encounter. Fear not.

PRAYER POINTS:

1. In God I put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me, in Jesus' name.

2. Pray that the purpose, programmes and projects of our political and traditional leaders will be moderate by the standards of the King of kings.

3. Pray for long life and real prosperity in God's business for the Authority of our Mission.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: PSALMS 15-17

You are blessed in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 8:13am On Nov 07, 2015
Saturday, November 7, 2015

FEAR NOT (2)

READ ISAIAH 41:8-16

MEMORISE: For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. (Isaiah 41:13)

Prophet Isaiah, in the chapter of our text today, foretold the coming of Cyrus the king from the east, who did eventually defeat a number of kingdoms north of Babylon early in his reign. God's people in exile must have been disturbed by the sudden rise of Cyprus and his advancement that could threaten their own existence. Therefore, Isaiah assured the distressed exiled nation of Israel that their God, who commanded the ruins of a number of kingdoms north of Babylon, would not bring such a horror again to the sin-stricken people, but would rather save them (vv. 10-14). What a comfort! He undoubtedly assure them that they needed not be afraid. Why? He would help them in the real sense; He would make them His unbeatable weapon against impenitent nations, favouring them unimaginably (vv. 15-20). Could He? Yes, and He did.

What rumours of war endanger your soul and give you sleepless nights? What kind of unanticipated anguish have you brought on yourself due to careless and unguarded living? The ever compassionate God says, '"Do not be afraid, O worm Jacob, O little Israel, for I Myself will help you," declares the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel' (Isa 41:14).

It is preposterous for you to live in fear when you have the incontestable God of Israel by your side. If God be for us, who can be against us? Just don't be against yourself. Fear not. Enjoy His relief today and always and rely on Him without reservation. He is at hand and by your side.

PRAYER POINTS:

1. O Lord, though a host encamps against me, You will fight my battle.

2. Pray that every believer experiencing threats from the devil and demonic agents will find courage in Christ's victory to fight and conquer.

3. Ask God to make the fear of terrorist and religious fanatics a thing of the past in our nation and the world over.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: PSALMS 18-20

The Lord will give you victory over your enemies as He gave to His people Israel over Egyptians in Jesus Christ name.
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 4:15am On Nov 08, 2015
Sunday, November 8, 2015

FEAR NOT (3)

READ ISAIAH 44:1-8

MEMORISE: Say to those with fearful hearts, "Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, He will come with vengeance; with divine retribution He will come to save you." (Isaiah 35:4)

Halleluyah! What an unfaultable assurance we have in our memory verse today. If it worked for them (the Israelites) then, God preserved it in the Bible for us to do same and more for us.

God is ever battle ready to discomfit and put to perpetual flight all those who are incited against your life, as well as to those who show themselves as your adversaries. Will you trust Him to do that for you, fighting your battle beyond comprehension? Then, fear no more. He is more than enough for you. We are talking of the mighty Man in battle.

Wherever the righteous suffer hunger, it is to make them suppliers of food to the hungry and to be comforters to the distressed: "For i will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; i will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants (Isa 44:3). This is the Word of JEHOVAH to you today.

He who formed you from the womb says: Fear not, I will help you. He is the first (Alpha) and the last (Omega), and besides Him there is no God. Is your fund getting low, your bills unpaid, your prayers seem unheard, and your haters like bees have encroached fields of hope? Fear not. Wait on God in earnest prayers; you will laugh last as He intervenes and changes your song. Be set!

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Lord, I trust Your ability to take care of every situation in my life.

2. Hear my voice, O God; preserve my life from fear of my tormentors.

3. Ask God to powerfully rescue as many as are in the kidnappers' dens all over the world, and deal punitively with the kidnappers.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: PSALMS 21-23

You will not beg to survive because HIS GRACE will be sufficient for you in Jesus Christ name

1 Like

Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:32am On Nov 09, 2015
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2015
A TRUE CITIZEN?
READ ISAIAH 48:1-4
MEMORISE: You who call yourselves citizens of the holy city and rely on the God of Israel ? the Lord Almighty is his name. (Isa 48:2)
1 � Hear ye this, O house of Jacob, which are called by the name of Israel, and are come forth out of the waters of Judah, which swear by the name of the LORD, and make mention of the God of Israel, but not in truth, nor in righteousness. 2 For they call themselves of the holy city, and stay themselves upon the God of Israel; The LORD of hosts is his name. 3 I have declared the former things from the beginning; and they went forth out of my mouth, and I shewed them; I did them suddenly, and they came to pass. 4 Because I knew that thou art obstinate, and thy neck is an iron sinew, and thy brow brass; (Isaiah 48:1-4)
The fraudsters, swindlers and robbers manipulate their victims by claiming to be good people readily available to assist the victims. Some go as far as claiming to be very close to the presidency of the nation while some pose as highly respected military officers. Some of such social miscreants and public threats were born to good parents, only to drag the names of such in the mud.
Israel, from day 1, has been fraught with faithlessness, disobedience, idolatry and half-obedience, in spite of the uncommon love and grace God has kept showering on them. They were affiliated with the faith but have not been living by and according to the faith. No wonder they soon became uncontrollably hardened, slow to believe God?s Word, and worse than shameless harlots.
So many believers today claim to be children of God. Some even try to claim monopoly of the voice of God and divine insights and knowledge. These claim to be destined for heaven and can never fall from the grace. However, Heaven knows that they prefer to keep deceiving themselves and the unsuspecting. Such are better called spiritual fraudsters. We know them by their fruits.
Have you discovered yourself to be one of these? Return to the true Way quickly like the prodigal son (Luke 15:18). Have you fallen into the hands of one of these, be delivered, in Jesus? name. Have you been finding God?s grace to remain on the right path? Don?t quit. Heaven rewards accordingly.
PRAYER POINTS:
1. Lord, search me thoroughly and help me not to be deceiving myself in my walk with You.
2. Lord, punitively expose all forms of hypocrisy in our churches among both the leaders and members, in Jesus? name.
3. Lord, ensure that ill-intentioned politicians do not get into positions of authority in the Nation again.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: PSALMS 24-26

In this new week, the Lord will bless you abundantly in Jesus Christ name
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:14am On Nov 10, 2015
Tuesday, November 10, 2015

FAITH FOR THE IMPOSSIBLE

READ GENESIS 13:14-18

MEMORISE: "'If you can'?" Said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes." (Mark 9:23)

The Bible says, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" (Heb 11:1). This is more of declaration than definition of faith. There are two things faith works upon: hope and the invisible (the yet unseen). These two point to that dreaded word, "impossible", to the natural man, carnally minded, and the intellectual who knows nothing of God's workings.

"Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed ..." according to that which was spoken by God, and received what he believed simply by faith (Romans 4:18-22). Now God is able to deliver what he has promised you only if you can hold on to faith in Him. Let's put it this way: God promises you a specific thing, and then allows problems to surface so as to pave way for His provisions that would bring about the fulfilling of the promise. Isn't that the way it works? Ask Abraham.

After graphically describing the situation of his sick son, the father of that epileptic son begged, "Please, have pity and help us if you can!" What a demonstration of little knowledge of, and very little faith in the ability of the great Physician. No wonder Jesus quickly asked him, "Why do you say if you can?" 'Do you think I can't do it?' Then He immediately corrected the man's wrong notion, warning him that only faith can work it out: "Anything is possible for someone who has faith!" On realizing his mistake, the boy's father exclaimed, "I do have faith! Please help me to have even more" (Mark 9:22-24; CEV).

Do not be discouraged and don't lose hope when situations seem not to be working out for your good. See God in the situations. Walk by faith with Him. You can do the impossible and experience the incredible with Him.

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Lord, help my unbelief; help me to hold on to Your indefatigability always.

2. Lord, give all Your children the humility to learn from the faith and obedience of father Abraham.

3. Father, grant that believers will know how to cast our cares and worries on the able shoulders of our Lord Jesus.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: PSALMS 27-29

Your expectations will not be cut short in Jesus Christ name.
You are Unstoppable
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:11am On Nov 11, 2015
Wednesday, November 11, 2015

THE 4G

READ NUMBERS 13:23-33

MEMORISE: If the LORD is pleased with us, He will lead us into that land, a land flowing with milk and honey, and will give it to us. (Numbers 14:cool

A common adage says, "Man is the architect of his own fortune." After having spoken, God demanded that the Israelites possess the Promised Land without delay. May you never miss your opportunity for breakthroughs, in Jesus' name.

Imagine yourself as one of those sent to spy the Promised Land of Canaan (13:1). Put yourself in the shoes of the 12 spies. What would have been your reaction to the 4Gs that confronted them—grapes, giants, grasshoppers and God?

God would not have chosen to play games with man, especially the seed of Abraham His friend (Isaiah 41:cool. He never lies. Neither does He joke. He couldn't have told them to spy and take possession of the land when He knew He wouldn't give it to them. Never! Why then did these people who inherited the Abrahamic covenant fail to enter into their earthly rest on time?

Most of them, reacted negatively to the 4Gs. How? They saw the grapes of the land, the giants living there, but debased themselves as grasshoppers, shamefully looking away from the unconquerable God who ordered the search and promised its possession.

How do you see the 4Gs in your life? And God said in Jeremiah, "Get yourself ready! Stand up and say to them whatever I command you. Do not be terrified by them, or I will terrify you before them" (Jer 1:17). Halleluiah! "Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, 'We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it'" (Num 13:30). That is faith! Yes, you are well able too. Honour God with you faith and get the honour of God as He gives fulfilment.

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Thank You Lord for the gift of faith, by which all things are possible.

2. By faith, I receive all that God has for me, in Jesus' name.

3. Lord, let heaven be opened upon every believer believing You for the fruit of the womb, in Jesus' name.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: PSALMS 30-32

As the Lord made Joseph the head in a strange land, so shall the Lord make you the head and stand out everywhere you are in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 5:53am On Nov 12, 2015
Thursday, November 12, 2015

FAITH FOR THE IMPOSSIBLE (2)

READ NUMBERS 11:18-23

MEMORISE: The LORD answered Moses, "Is the LORD'S arm too short? You will now see whether or not what I say will come true." (Num 11:23)

God is never taken aback by, and over anything. And so, whenever situations of life become messy around you, call upon Him for He knows exactly what to do. He has been in the situation before you came into it. He understands how it started and the way out of it. He allowed it for His purpose and knows how to disallow it when its time is up. Allow this all-knowing Father to help you handle your situation through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Things were very terrible, in fact, almost beyond control and resolution from the perspective of the natural man, when more than six hundred thousand men were crying for meat with their different wives and children in the wilderness. Moses was shattered, not knowing what to do. Then came the divine Word to his rescue, but Moses found it somewhat difficult to believe that such a solution would be possible, just like any human could do, hence his query (Num 11:21,23).

"Now a wind went out from the Lord and drove quail in from the sea. It brought them down all around the camp to about three feet above the ground, as far as a day's walk in any direction. All that day and night and all the next day the people went out and gathered quail (Num 11:31). What a mighty inexplicable God we serve! That is miracle.

When you are passing through any situation or facing a challenge that looks insurmountable, recognise the God of all possibilities, call on Him, wait on Him, receive/follow His instruction and that is the road to your unstoppable TESTIMONY.

PRAYER POINTS:

1. O my God, I trust in You; let me not be ashamed.

2. Lord give me the faith to regularly see You in action, even in situations defying all forms of human solution.

3. O Lord, arise to defend homes of believers that are being buffeted by the destructive storms of third parties.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: PSALMS 33-35

As you put your trust in God Almighty, for the rest of your life, you will not be put to shame in Jesus Christ name.
Stay Lifted.
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:01am On Nov 13, 2015
Friday, November 13, 2015

WRONG TIME TO REST

READ 1 KINGS 13:7-14

MEMORISE: Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak. (Matthew 26:41)

To be forewarned is to be forearmed. God the omniscient had tipped off the unnamed "man of God" who "came from Judah" (1 Kings 13:1) ever before the commencement of his mission, what he would encounter: 'But the man of God answered the king, "... For I was commanded by the Word of the LORD: 'You must not eat bread or drink water or return by the way you came'"' (1 Kings 13:8-9). And this he obeyed.

But why did he stop on his way back, sitting [and found resting] under an oak tree? Was he wearied , lonely, discouraged, thirsty, hungry or quietly reflecting on the success of his 'one-man mission'? Wrong time to rest!

May you not be caught off guard by the skirmish of the devil that comes in sheep clothing (v.18). Half-obedience, the wise say, is no obedience at all. Every success leads to a higher challenge. In fact, the solution to a problem is the introduction of another one. We are here in the world to fight battles upon battles, overcoming by the presence and power of the Holy Spirit in us through our Lord Jesus Christ, until we lay down our swords at His feet someday.

Someone once said, "New level, fresh devil." What the king could not succeed with, the old God-forsaken prophet did all because the "man of God came to Judah" rested when he shouldn't. And he was warned (vv. 8,9). Don't be deceived by empty religious declarations.

Beloved, what does your spiritual barometer read? Aren't you too busy now to serve God in Spirit and in truth? Wrong time to rest! Awake, awake; put on your strength. Shake off the dust and loose yourself, O captive of spiritual lethargy. Be vigilant in your daily work and walk with God.

PRAYER POINTS:

1. O Lord my God, lighten my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death.

2. Lord, graciously visit every minister of the gospel who is entangled in the wed of the danger of respite (comfort) before they end up in hell.

3. Lord, visit marriage situations that seem to be irretrievably heading for the rocks, in Jesus' name.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: PSALMS 36-38

You are blessed today in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Sharon Oyakhilome And Phillip Frimpong Celebrate 1st Wedding Anniversary / Apostle Suleman & Wife, Lizzy, Playing Football & Table Tennis (Photos) / What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 241
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.