Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church (36026 Views)

How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft / Long Snake Killed At Apostolic Church In Lagos (Photos) / The Apostolic Church Nigeria Releases 2016 Motto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 6:40am On Sep 19, 2016
DATE: Monday, September 19, 2016

TOPIC: GOD WILL PROVIDE

READ MATTHEW 6:33
MEMORISE: But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. (Matt 6:33)

We are to take no thought for our own life, food or raiment, because that is God's part, not ours. There is one thing, however, for which we are to take thought, not anxiety: doing God's will and filling our place in God's world. We ought to get this very clearly in our minds.
Too many people worry far more about life achievements. No wonder they are left to want. That is, they are more anxious about God's part in their lives than they are about their responsibilities. They fear God may not take care of them, but they do not have any fear that they may fail in fidelity to Him. We ought to learn well that providing for our needs is God's business, not ours. We have nothing at all to do with it. But we have everything to do with our own duty, our allotted work, the doing of God's will. God will never do these things for us. If we do not do them, they must remain undone; if we do them with fidelity, God will care for us.
The noblest life possible in this world is simple consecration to Christ and to duty, with no anxiety about anything else. We may not always be fed luxuriously, nor be clothed in scarlet and fine linen; yet food convenient for us will always be provided, and raiment sufficient to keep us warm (Prov. 30:8,9). But suppose we are near starving! Well, we must just go on doing our part and not worrying; in due time, somehow, God will provide (1 Kg. 17:1-12).
Here we have our Lord's own promise of this. The truth is, too many of us take a great deal more thought about our support than about our service to God and men. Then, of course, we forfeit the promise and may suffer. How much better the other way ours the doing; God's the providing.

PRAYER POINTS:
1. Help me, O Lord, to understand the righteousness of Your kingdom and conform my life to it.
2. Lord, I believe you can, and will take care of me; help me to focus on the assignment You have me to do.
3. Lord, deliver believers from the spirit of anxiety that has enslaved and destroyed many.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 KINGS CHAPTER 21 - CHAPTER 25

Every power contending with your destiny is subdued by the power of His Majesty in the name of Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 5:21am On Sep 20, 2016
DATE: Tuesday, September 20, 2016

TOPIC: LOT, LOT, LOT!!!

READ GENESIS 13:1-13
MEMORISE: So Lot chose for himself the whole plain of the Jordan and set out toward the east. The two men parted company. (Gen 13:11)

Lot is a man, a nephew of Abraham, the father of faith. From all indications, Abraham's relationship with Lot was beyond that of uncle and nephew. It had grown to be that of father-son relationship; a mentor and mentee, a leader and a follower.
However, it appears Lot might not, at all, be following his leader and mentor with all his heart and he appears to want freedom and breakthrough the wrong way, in the place and perhaps, at the wrong time. Truly, the Bible speaks of consistent conflicts between Lot's and Abraham's servants, yet the fact that Lot grabbed Abraham's offer of separation without hesitation, reluctance or concern for the covenant reveals that, truly Lot had wanted the freedom earlier than it came. But, was he enslaved?
This hunger for freedom that is not ripe or divinely timely prevented Lot from weighing the grave consequences attached to living in a terrible and sinful place like Sodom and Gomorrah. One wonders if Lot had learnt the patience of Abraham.
We must ensure that we do not scheme, long for, cry for and jump at all opportunities of freedom, because it is not all opportunities and freedom that are divinely timely.

PRAYER POINTS:
1. Lord, help me to learn from the godly virtues in the lives of Christians around me.
2. O Lord, teach our youths the importance of patience and humility in life.
3. O Lord, deliver every believer in Christ from greed and insubordination to accredited authorities.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 CHRONICLES CHAPTER 1 - CHAPTER 4

Every siege of lack and want in your life is over today in the name of Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 4:33am On Sep 21, 2016
Wednesday, September 21, 2016

THE POWER IN JESUS NAME
Read Act 3:1-7
MEMORISE: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; (Mark 16:17b).

Someone once commented on her fathers reputation. She said, Whenever people know that I am a daughter to the man, they are always ready to assist in whatever capacity That is the authority that the mans reputation or name commands. 
There is a name that transcends the heavens, earth and beneath the earth. A Name that all other names must bow to. that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Phil 2:10).To have everything except Jesus, is to have nothing, and to lack everything except Jesus, is to lack nothing. The name of Jesus Christ is not only powerful, it is extraordinary and authoritative. God has highly exalted Jesus and named him Jesus, the anointed Messiah, who is the saviour. Jesus in turn bestowed an uncommon authority on the believer. He says, And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues (Mark 16:17). 
Peters silver and gold in the context of Acts 3 refers to money, which he could have given to the man as alms. He never said it to undermine the importance and usefulness of money (Eccl 7:12). He only practically demonstrated that money is limited in every sense. What money could not do, Jesus name did. The power in the name of Jesus is unlimited. What a great asset we have in Jesus name! The only name that is recognised and registered in Heaven for all godly purpose (Phil 2:10,11). People who use other means apart from the name of Jesus, to do the work of God, are digging their own graves. Material wealth is no match for the wonder working name of Gods only Son. Dont add to the five letter word: J-E-S-U-S.

PRAYER POINTS
Holy Spirit, help ministers of God to fully depend upon the Name of Jesus.
The power in the name of Jesus work wonders in my life.
Lord, expose the so-called ministers of God who rely on other means than the power in the Name of Jesus.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 CHRONICLES 5-9

You are blessed in Jesus Christ name

1 Like

Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 6:19am On Sep 22, 2016
DATE: Thursday, September 22, 2016

TOPIC: SCRIPTURE-BASED PRAYING

READ DANIEL 9:1-19
MEMORISE: Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. (Psalm 119:105)

The importance of prayer in the Christian's life cannot be overemphasised. If a Christian chooses not to pray, he has prepared to become a prey. Prayer assists the believer to combat triumphantly in spiritual warfare. Jesus commanded the disciples to pray in order not to fall into temptation. A praying Christian will have the spiritual muscle and audacity to reach God and resist the devil.
Effective prayers are prayers born out of waiting upon the Holy Spirit and agonising search of the Scripture. In spite of the value and efficacy of prayer in Christian service and journey with God, prayer becomes an aberration if it is not in conformity with the Word and will of God. Praying contrary to God's will is a foul play. When prayer is not in line with God's Word, it is praying amiss (Jas 4:3).
On how to apply the Scripture to pray effectively, let us consider the following prayer modes:
1. Jacob prayed based on what God had told him, and he reminded Him of His promises (Gen 32:9-12), hence the divine visitation and quick intervention he enjoyed.
2. Daniel prayed because he understood through the scripture what the plan of God was for His people (9:1-19). If he was not enlightened by the revelation through God's Word, he would have prayed amiss.
3. The apostles played for spiritual intervention for the progress of the Church and the gospel using the Word of God Psalm (Acts 4:24-31). The Holy Spirit generates prayers in the believer through and from the Scripture. Stop praying amiss to avoid waste or wasting of time and words.

PRAYER POINTS:
1. Lord, give us the spirit of prayer and the study of Your Word.
2. Lord, give me a strong thirst and hunger for Your Word; make me a deeply rooted Christian in You.
3. Lord, help Your Church to desist from praying head-knowledge-based prayers, especially those that paint the devil as all-powerful and instil fear in the members.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 CHRONICLES CHAPTER 10 - CHAPTER 14

Every power contending with your destiny is subdued by the power of His Majesty in the name of Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 6:45am On Sep 23, 2016
DATE: Friday, September 23, 2016

TOPIC: DECEPTION

READ GENESIS 3:1-5
MEMORISE: Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?" (Gen 3:1)

Man's fall is the greatest undoing of the human race. Adam and Eve fell for the deceit of their archenemy, and since then, man has not recovered fully from the consequences. Nevertheless, glory be to God for His redemptive programme made possible through the instrumentality of the death and resurrection of His dear Son, Jesus Christ.
Deceit is evil and callous. It is a wicked act of frankly making lies look true. It is misleading and beguiling. God hates lies, and liars shall perish. Those who lie impenitently will have their portion in hell. Beware of deceit. Deceit is a rampant phenomenon in our society. It is not unavailable in the Church. Some pulpits today are already infiltrated with deceits of the devil. Many so-called ministers of God rationalise the gospel.
The scripture refers to the devil as a liar and father of lies. Deceit is the hallmark of Satan's operation. He would not show up in his real self to operate. Had he come wearing his true picture to the garden, Eve would not have entertained him. He decided to appear as a serpent (one of the lovely creatures of God making the garden blissful for man) to the woman in his craftiness. Satan can't change. Today, his operation is becoming more sophisticated. He can't repent. He seeks whom he may devour like a roaring lion. But, he does not appear to anyone like a roaring lion, because a roaring lion is terrific and scary. Rather, he is a ravenous wolf in sheep's clothing.
To combat deception: know the truth; let the truth set you free; be Spirit-filled, and test every spirit. Scripture like the Bereans (Acts 17:10,11). This is the end time; don't be deceived.

PRAYER POINTS:
1. Lord, don't allow Satan to snatch the truth from me, using his lies.
2. I refuse to fall for the devil's deceit, in Jesus' name.
3. Lord, let the spirit of heresy, lies and deceit become powerless on the Church.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 CHRONICLES CHAPTER 15 - CHAPTER 19

Your enemies will not rejoice over you in Jesus Christ name
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 4:40am On Sep 24, 2016
DATE: Saturday, September 24, 2016

TOPIC: RECOGNISE YOUR PROPHET

READ NUMBERS 22:26-33
MEMORISE: The donkey said to Balaam, "Am I not your own donkey, which you have always ridden, to this day? Have I been in the habit of doing this to you?" (Num 22:30)

God speaks to man in diverse ways (cf. Heb 1:1,2). His ways are beyond total understanding of man. God speaks regularly and always, but the problem is with man's hearing. Radio stations all over the world broadcast from time to time. In fact, so many of them are on air 24 hours everyday. That one isn't hearing the broadcast from a station does not mean the station isn't on air. It is likely one's radio isn't on, or the radio isn't tuned to the station.
God chooses different means to reach man. He speaks audibly to man, like He did with Moses. He uses symbols. He speaks through dreams, visions, prophecies, etc. He speaks directly to the heart of man when he devotedly studies His Word (the Bible). Isn't it wonderful that He chose to minister to Balaam through a donkey? That is the unquestionable God for you (cf. Psa 115:3).
It takes sensitivity to His Spirit to get the message He chooses to pass across through whatever medium He chooses. Balaam was surprised at the sudden change of attitude of the animal. In fact, he was infuriated. Instead of seeing the hand of God in it, he chose to continue spanking the poor animal until the LORD came to its rescue. Joab prophesied to David (2 Sam 24:1-4).
Are you sensitive enough to the voice of the Lord through the countless means He has at His disposal? Are you close to Him enough, even while doing your legitimate business, to be able to say, "Speak Lord, for Your servant hears"? You can't succeed going your life without specific directives from Him. So, recognise your prophet!

PRAYER POINTS:
1. Lord, give me the sensitivity to know when You are talking and to act accordingly.
2. Lord, make me spiritually alert to the means You chose to reach me.
3. Lord, help our children to discover and follow You very early in life, just as You assisted Samuel at that very tender age.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 CHRONICLES CHAPTER 20 - CHAPTER 24

You will not live a fruitless life in the mighty name of Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 8:51am On Sep 25, 2016
DATE: Sunday, September 25, 2016

TOPIC: COCONUT ON THE HEAD

READ MARK 14:14-21
MEMORISE: Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come! (Matt 18:7)

It is often said that one on whose head coconut is broken hardly survives to take of it. It is real! One needs a very hard object to break the hard shell of coconut. Compare this with breaking such a hard object on human head. It is better imagined than experienced.
Unmistakable prophecy has it from eternity that someone had to betray the Messiah into the hands of the enemies (Mk 14:21; cf. Psa 41:9-13). However, no specific prophecy pinned the betrayal down a person, not even Judas. It was not targeted at someone specifically, though it had to be fulfilled by one. The negative aspect of the prophecy was waiting for the covetous, godless and careless man to key into the trap. By the ungodly disposition and carefree attitude evident in Judas, he made himself readily available to be used to fulfil the ugly side of the prophecy. Had Judas not been born, it would have been better for him, as someone else would have keyed into the prophecy (cf. Mk 14:21). God never destines anyone for destruction. May you not be victim of negative prophecy. Amen.
Judas couldn't have survived to eat of the coconut (proceeds) of the betrayal he allowed to be broken on his head (Acts 1:15ff). Beware lest you consciously or unconsciously key into the negative side of prophecies in the church, Nation, family, etc. You need God's help not to be instrumental in fulfilling disastrous predictions (cf. Jer 10:23). You need to accept Christ's lordship, and be fully devoted to Him. Don't allow coconut to be broken on your head. Do not be used of the Devil.

PRAYER POINTS:
1. I shall not be instrumental to the fulfilment of negative prophecies, in Jesus' name.
2. I shall not do anything I'll live to regret at the end of the day, in Jesus' name.
3. Pray that God would help our youths to be more careful as to the way they live their lives now, so that they don't regret in the end.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 CHRONICLES CHAPTER 25 - CHAPTER 29

The Lord will cause prosperity to flow to you this week in Jesus Christ name
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 5:46am On Sep 26, 2016
DATE: Monday, September 26, 2016
TOPIC: LEARN TO APPRECIATE
READ ROMANS 16:1-24
MEMORISE: For they refreshed my spirit and yours also, such men deserve recognition. (1 Cor 16:18)
Apostle Paul was a very serious evangelist with a sense of urgency in his execution of the business of reconciling men to God. In spite of his goal-getting nature, he really cared about people, and was mindful to appreciate those who had served with him, mentioning their names the converts in every house, the brethren who ran errands for them, and those who provided material and financial support for the work. When men are commended, they want to do more.
Learn to appreciate people. When you appreciate your employees, they tend to be more diligent and committed to you. When you are always finding faults with your spouse or children and picking on them, they become stubborn and rebellious. A person who always finds fault and weakness but nothing worthy of commendation in others is a tyrant and taskmaster. He will soon run the people around him down, dry and out.
Say something good about someone. If you cannot appreciate a little effort, your correction may yield no fruit, too. Finding faults always retards a man and makes him perpetually sad. You want people to work but, while at it, it is not out of place to occasionally say to the labourers at work, "Well done." That may be the impetus they need to complete the work. Learn to appreciate. Learn to recognise little contributions from the least of persons.
PRAYER POINTS
1. Thank God for those that God has used for your progress and success so far in life/ministry.
2. Pray that God would help you to learn to be appreciative.
3. Look for somebody to commend today. You can do that in words, in writing, through SMS, e-mails, etc.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 CHRONICLES CHAPTER 1 - CHAPTER 5

I pray that you will be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit in order to get to your high places in the name of Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:07am On Sep 27, 2016
DATE: Tuesday, September 27, 2016

TOPIC: IS GOD REALLY ABSENT?

READ JUDGES 6:11-18
MEMORISE: When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. (Isa 43:2)

Can you count how many times someone has accused you of not being in an occasion or an event when you were actually present? How did you feel? Well, that was what happened between Gideon and God. God had always been in the event of his life, but Gideon had never for once seen Him, felt Him or known it; a situation he confirmed in Judges 6:13ff. But God was ready to counter all of Gideon's opinions, mind-set and conclusion about His absence, because God knew that it was of great importance that Gideon knew and believed that He, the mighty God of Israel, was with him, if he would be used of Him or fulfil his destiny.
When a Christian is not confident of God's presence, he may be unable to do exploits. Those who know (power, person, properties) their God will do exploits (Dan 11:32). The consciousness of God's presence goes a long way to give us enablement to do exploits for Him in a way far beyond our imaginations.
Often the presence of trials, crisis, storms and challenges want to suggest to us that God is absent, but those are great lies of the devil, because God says that He will be with us and be there for us, no matter what we are passing through. This means battles, challenges and storms are never deterring factors of God's presence. It is a confirmation of His presence.
The only thing that can take God's presence away from us is sin and unbelief. Keep away from these, and be sure of His abiding presence.

PRAYER POINTS
1. Help me, Lord, to be more conscious of Your presence always.
2. Lord, deliver and keep me away from every sin that can rob me of the benefits of Your presence, in Jesus' name.
3. Help our leaders, O Lord, to be mindful of Your abiding presence as they carry out their God-privileged assignments.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 CHRONICLES CHAPTER 6 - CHAPTER 10

The spirit of the living God will never depart from you in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 6:46am On Sep 28, 2016
DATE: Wednesday, September 28, 2016

TOPIC: DUTY AFTER PRIVILEGE

READ MATTHEW 17:1-4
MEMORISE: Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah." (Matt 17:4)

Let us not forget that it was Peter who said the words of the Memory Scripture for today's dose of the Living water. He wanted to hold the heavenly vision on the mountaintop, and not go back any more to the cold, struggling life on earth. It seemed such a heavenly place that he did not want to leave it. He and the other two were obviously basking in the euphoria of seeing the King of kings manifest in His glamorous glory. They had obviously forgotten about the other nine at the foot of the mountain with the challenges they would have been going through.
It certainly was good to be there; but they could not stay there long and yet be faithful to their God-given duties/mission. There was work waiting in the sad world below, which they must hasten to do. There was the poor demoniac at the foot of the mountain whom the disciples could not cure; the Master's attention was seriously needed there. Then farther off were Gethsemane, and Golgotha for Jesus; He must make atonement for the sins of the world. Then for Peter, there was Pentecost, with many years of earnest service, and martyrdom in the end.
Devotion is good. It is very sweet to commune with God in the closet, in the church, at the communion table. Nevertheless, we must not spend all our time in these holy exercises. While the rapture thrill our souls, we must not forget that outside there are human needs crying for help and sympathy. Christianity is sweet, but it is not for enjoyment only. God gives us spiritual enjoyment to make us strong enough for loving service, service to mankind by which God's love is practically demonstrated.
Enjoy the communion; go out there and touch others with life as the light bearers of the light of God.

PRAYER POINTS
1. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for salvation and the privilege to work for You.
2. Pray that God will give you passion for the perishing, and burden your heart to take Christ to them.
3. Pray that the Church will be true light of Christ in this dark and hopeless world.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 CHRONICLES CHAPTER 11 - CHAPTER 15

Your will experience an open breakthrough and all your mockers shall see it, and rejoice with you in Jesus Christ name
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 6:42am On Sep 29, 2016
DATE: Thursday, September 29, 2016

TOPIC: WATCH WITH ME

READ MATTHEW 26:36-38
MEMORISE: Then He said to them, "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me." (Matt 26:38)

Jesus told the sleepy disciples, 'Watch with Me'. This request shows the humanity of our Lord. As He entered the darkness, He craved empathy. He wanted His dearest friends to be near Him, not because of anything they could really do to help (they couldn't in any way share the burden), but their presence and tender love close beside Him would make Him stronger to endure.
We all understand this from personal experience. A little child's terror in the darkness is instantly soothed by word/touch from/by the mother. A sufferer can endure his pain better, if friends sit comfortingly beside him. These hint of our Lord's feeling and desire that night as He asked His 3 closest disciples to accompany and watch with Him in His agony.
Jesus no more suffers in any Gethsemane, yet He calls us to watch with Him. Many of His people suffer, and He would have us come up close beside sustaining/strengthening them with loving sympathy/tenderness. He who watches with one of the least of Christ's brethren in challenging times watches with Christ Himself.
We can also watch with Christ by being loyal and devoted to Him in every dark hour when His cause languishes, and many are proving disloyal. The time to be faithful to one's friend is when the popular clamour is against him. Our loyalty to Christ should be most emphatic when His enemies are most active, and His friends are fewest. He wants us then to be true in keeping near Him. Surely, we should never try to fool Him by coldness or want of interest. Would you watch with Him?

PRAYER POINTS
1. Help me, O Lord, to be a shoulder upon which brethren in need can lean.
2. Grant us, O Lord, the Spirit of loyalty and faithfulness in preaching the gospel of Christ's love.
3. Intercede for missionaries who are faithfully carrying out the cause of Christ on the mission field.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 CHRONICLES CHAPTER 15 - CHAPTER 20

You will not fall off God's Grace in Jesus Christ name
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 6:47am On Sep 30, 2016
DATE: Friday, September 30, 2016

TOPIC: THY WILL BE DONE

READ MATTHEW 26:39
MEMORISE: Going a little farther, He fell with His face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from Me. Yet not as I will, but as You will."(Matt 26:39)

Among other lessons that we learn from our Lord's Prayer in Gethsemane is this: that all our crying to God should be in conformity to the divine will. It is right to plead earnestly for what we want, but never insubordinately or selfishly. We should recognise the fact that our Father has a plan for our lives, and that what we crave may not be in accordance with that plan/will of His. We should never want, therefore, to press our will against God's.
There was an ignorant man who wished to pray, but did not know what he needed. Taking the letters of the alphabet, he laid them down and said. "Lord, I do not know what I needed, or ought to ask for. Do thou take these letters and arrange them into the prayer I ought, and give me that."
The best thing that is possible for us is always what God wills for us. Sometimes, it may be painful, tasking, or sore bereavement; yet His will is always love, and in simple agreement to this will, we shall always find our highest good. No prayer, therefore, is pleasing to God which does not end with this refrain of Gethsemane: 'My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as You will.' This is the way also to peace: as we fuss our own will into our Father's, the peace of God flows like a river into our souls. Let go of your will for His will to be done.

PRAYER POINTS
1. Lord, may my will conform to Your will so that I can have good result in all my efforts.
2. By Your will, o Lord, let there be divine peace in our lives, homes, churches and nation at large.
3. Sanctify believers' heart so that we can begin to see Your will as the best for us in all situations.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 CHRONICLES CHAPTER 21 - CHAPTER 24

God's for your life will come to pass in Jesus Christ name
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:22am On Oct 01, 2016
DATE: Saturday, October 1, 2016 NIGERIA'S INDEPENDENCE DAY

TOPIC: WAY OF HONOUR

READ PROVERBS 15:33
MEMORISE: The fear of the LORD teaches a man wisdom, and humility comes before honour. (Proverbs 15:33)

The best you can get if you are arrogant is disgrace. Humility brings honour. Pride goes before destruction. It is quite unnatural to be humble. We are in a generation of self-exaltation and ego. Devil, who is the god of this world, is an epitome of pride and self-exaltation (Ezk 28:11ff). His pride pitched him against God. Pride is destructive. The ground has always been the way to the top. The only thing that is done from the top downwards is digging his/her own grave. Therefore, whoever wants to start from the top will end it on the ground.
Let us see how Christ treaded the path of honour and greatness. 'Therefore, God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name that is above every name' (Phil 2:9). He treaded the path of humility, self-relegation, condescension; He became man, experienced sacrificial death, exhibited unalloyed obedience and suffered as a humiliated servant. Do you want honour?
Do the following:
1. Be obedient to God and constituted authority (Rom 13:1).
2. Do nothing out of selfish ambition (Phil 2:3).
3. With/in humility, consider others better than yourself.
4. Possess the attitude (mind) of Christ Jesus. Service or servantheart: Do not be too big to serve. If you are, then you are too small to lead.
Grace attends the lowly in heart, but the proud will have disgrace instead of grace and greatness (Phil 2:5).

PRAYER POINTS
1. Lord, I refuse to see myself beyond how You rate me.
2. Lord, I reject whatever You are not offering me which the devil is imposing on my way, in Jesus' name.
3. Lord, help Your children everywhere to discover and deal accordingly with the suicidal seed of pride in their individual lives.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 CHRONICLES CHAPTER 25 - CHAPTER 28

You are lifted forever in Jesus Christ name
Happy Independence Day
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 8:17am On Oct 04, 2016
DATE: Sunday, October 2, 2016

TOPIC: VESSELS GOD USES

READ 2 CHRONICLES 36:22,23
MEMORISE: If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work. (2 Tim 2:21)

One of the attributes of God is omniscience; that is, He is all-knowing. He knows man profoundly, and can say what is going to become of every of His creature. Out of His wisdom, He designed the heavens and the earth with everything in them. That some agents of evolution are proving otherwise can change nothing about the knowledge, power and existence of God.
God uses anyone He chooses to use, and does whatever pleases Him. However, there are factors He considers in the choice of His usable vessels for godly courses. Today's text brings the life and leadership of a Persian king to bear. Cyrus was of Persian origin. He was used by God to overthrow Babylon's empire in 539 B.C. (Isa 45). According to the prophecy that had gone before him, he proclaimed and facilitated the return of the Jewish exiles to Jerusalem, and ordered the rebuilding of the LORD'S temple.
One thing is very important in those vessels that God uses the heart. God works with the heart. A good man is known through what proceeds from his mouth. The heart is the principal organ of the body. It is the engine room and control centre. God searches and works with the intent of the heart. God moved the heart of Cyrus to be in conformity with his purpose. The heart determines why God uses some vessels and abandons some others. In addition, it determines which vessel will be used for noble or ignoble purposes, respectively. What is the state of the heart? Man's heart is a very crucial and critical issue (Gen 6:5; Jer 17:9, 10; Matt 12:33-37). Fill your heart with God's Word. Let purity, faith and holiness be your watch guard. Start by giving your heart to Him (Prov. 23:26).

PRAYER POINTS
1. Lord, fill my heart and move it for Your glory.
2. Evil spirit, depart from me, in Jesus' name.
3. Let every church worker in all our churches appropriately see themselves as vessels of honour in God's hands, and live accordingly.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 CHRONICLES CHAPTER 29 - CHAPTER 32
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 8:18am On Oct 04, 2016
DATE: Monday, October 3, 2016 INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN'S HEALTH DAY 
TOPIC: WHO IS YOUR CHILD? 
READ JUDGES 14:1 
MEMORISE: Man is a mere phantom as he goes to and fro: He bustles about, but only in vain; he heaps up wealth, not knowing who will get it. (Psalm 39:6) 
Many parents think they know their children well until they begin to manifest. A ghastly accident involving some university students in an expensive saloon car, once happened. Sadly, the students all died. During the search on the car, it was evident that the car belonged to the mother of one of the dead students. The mother was immediately contacted. On getting to the scene of the accident, the people surprisingly saw a wretched woman who confessed she had never bought a car in her life. When she was confronted with the reality of the exotic car with its expensive contenthard currencies, hard drugs, alcoholic drinks, etc., she broke down in tears, "Ah! This boy has brought me to unclothedness and shame." It was then she realised that despite that she was a deaconess and the boy was in the choir back home, with 'holy' dressing pattern at home, he was a hardened cultist. Sadly, that is the situation in so many homes. 
Do you know your children well? Do you know who he/she is? Manoah and his wife had thought their son, Samson, was still on the right path of his godly and goodly calling, until they saw him misbehaving. 
To avoid future heartbreak, lead your child(ren) to Christ early (Prov 19:18; 29:17). Help them to remain in Him totally. There is no lasting joy on any child who does not own Christ personally. Live Christly and exemplary life before them. Pray for them, even when not with you. Trust God for about them. Be rest assured that your joy will be full on them (Prov 22:6; 29:17). 
PRAYER POINTS 
1. Lord, help me to discover the true picture of my children before it is too late. 
2. My children are for signs and wonders in the Lord; so, devil back off them, in Jesus' name. 
3. Lord, help homes, schools and churches to work hard towards curtailing the spate of cultism and cult groups in our institutions. 
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 CHRONICLES CHAPTER 33 - CHAPTER 36

God bless you in Jesus Christ name
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 8:19am On Oct 04, 2016
DATE: Tuesday, October 4, 2016

TOPIC: CATCH THEM YOUNG

READ 1 SAMUEL 2:1-16
MEMORISE: Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. (Prov 22:6)

Parenting can be tasking. Mentoring a child isn't easy. Worse still, there exists no universal formula sufficient as recipe for child upbringing. The only sure manual remains the Bible that provides us with proper, easy-to-do and godly principles of perfect parenting. Child training cannot be holistically done without recourse to the Bible (Prov 22:6).
Some of the parents/guardians are crying here and there, from one prayer house to another mountain for deliverance of their delinquent children/wards. They have erred since onset when they left what was to be done undone! The heart of a child of under seven is like still blank. Whatever is planted therein can still be done perfectly. A child's will can only be broken at childhood, not adulthood.
The lapses and frailties in Eli's parenting should serve as lesson to all parents (and would-be, too). The high priest apparently did not break the will (stubbornness, greed, decadence...) of Hophni and Phinehas at the right time hence his weak entreaties and rebukes that came too late; the children were already unchangeable adults! The Leopard can never change its skin (cf. Jer 13:23).
Dear reader, indoctrinating the child in religious/denominational bigotry is useless if he/she is not practically tutored, trained, and led to Christ. It is not too late now if you wish to leave an enduring legacy. Remember the Rechabites!

PRAYER POINTS
1. Father, help me to discharge my responsibilities as a parent over the children/child You have given me, in Jesus' Name.
2. Lord, help me to present my children to You very early in their lives, so that I will not regret in the end.
3. Lord, let there be restoration of morals in our schools, whether missionary or secular.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: EZRA CHAPTER 1 - CHAPTER 5

Soon, the people who used to castigate you will say that God has done great things for you in Jesus Christ name
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by GospelAkede: 11:34am On Oct 04, 2016
https://soundcloud.com/olaleye-oni/praise-gyration

You need to listen to this... click on the Link to download
This is the Latest from Akede the Latest from Akede the Anointed News Maker...
You can download it for free and share with other.... One Love

Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 6:54am On Oct 05, 2016
DATE: Wednesday, October 5, 2016

TOPIC: CHILDLIKE INNOCENCE

READ 1 CORINTHIANS 5:6-8
MEMORISE: Therefore let us keep the festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast of malice and wickedness, but with bread without yeast, the bread of sincerity and truth. (1 Cor 5:cool

Has the innocence, sincerity and transparency of a little child ever surprised you? Such is the story of a boy who heard a visitor coming onto the door of the house. When the visitor knocked, the child went to his mother and said, "Mum, someone is at the door." As soon as the mother recognised the voice to be that of her creditor, she told the child to tell the visitor that she was not around. The child immediately returned to the door and said, "Sir, my mum said I should tell you that she is not at home!"
The greatest in the kingdom are the innocent, transparent, and sincere people. Are you like that? Do you call a spade a spade? Are you down-to-earth with yourself and God? Or, is it that you confess your sins by 'praying in tongues'? If you have stolen, tell God you are a thief, and you need help. Tell God you are lusting over that sister, and cry for help. A child will dance around the house without any shame. Are you naked before God? Are your yes, yes, and your no, no, before men? Don't you 'flavour' your testimonies? Are you not always "business like" and diplomatic (Lk 16:cool.
Where is our sincerity? When we say, "I love you," we no longer mean it. When you tell a brother, "Don't worry, I am praying for you." Are you really praying? It has become a risk to depend on the prayer of the brethren, nowadays. How many versions of you exist? Are you the same in all circumstances, or you are a chameleonic Christian?
Be real. Be innocent. Be sincere. Be a Christian indeed! Let your yes be yes and no be no anywhere/anytime.

PRAYER POINTS
1. Forgive me, o Lord, for portraying an inflated image of myself.
2. I renounce every deceitful area in my life; help me, Lord, to deal with them decisively.
3. Lord, help our leaders in all sectors to be true and dependable.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: EZRA CHAPTER 6 - CHAPTER 10

While others are suffering and sliding into recession, you shall be ‘FAT’ and flourishing in Jesus Christ name

1 Like

Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:02am On Oct 06, 2016
DATE: Thursday, October 6, 2016

TOPIC: STREET MADNESS

READ LUKE 6:6-11
MEMORISE: But they were furious and began to discuss with one another what they might do to Jesus. (Luke 6:11)

The KJV reads, 'And they were filled with madness.' Would you ask if the Scripture really meant to read 'madness?' Yes, madness! Most times, when you see a mad man and address him so, there is a tendency he won't admit. The moment he admits, he is back to his senses, and from that point, his ideology about life changes entirely.
Dressing is vital to life, as it determines how one is addressed, categories of people one attracts, and for what one is identified. Just as some major professions like the medical, engineering, clerical, etc., have customised dress codes, so is the Christian life; the costume of everyone born of God is modesty. Immodest dress code is insanity because it seduces. In fact, if one would be sincerely logical, nudity or revealing dresses is even not right. You can be a transformed person today if you repent.
Language is also an identity. It reveals who you are and what you represent. Every species of God's creature have their unique ways of communicating among themselves. The register identified in your speech depicts your profession and what you stand for. Your language best communicates your thought and people's judgment about you. If you are a child of God, your language will show it.
Like the people in our text who were devising what to do to Jesus, are you sure your attitudes, inside and outside the church, aren't presenting you as anti-Christian and mad? Consider your language, dressing, and general conduct; they tell who you are and your ultimate destination when Christ comes. Sometimes, our dresses dispositions, reactions, attitudes give us names. What do people call you?

PRAYER POINTS
1. Break me down and remould me, oh Lord, removing every manifestation of madness in me.
2. Beyond doctrinal command, instruct my spirit man to hate what you hate and represent You practically, oh Lord.
3. Holy Spirit, dispel every form of madness the devil has subtly introduce in the fabrics of the Church, in Jesus' name.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: NEHEMIAH CHAPTER 1 - CHAPTER 4

Whatever is consuming others in the world will not consume you in Jesus Christ name
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by pajax1: 9:57pm On Oct 06, 2016
Dominio, how do I get daily devotional Guide of CAC called the living water water
Thank you. Is it available in soft copy or downloadable app?
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Somex10202(m): 12:08am On Oct 07, 2016
pajax1:
Dominio, how do I get daily devotional Guide of CAC called the living water water
If u are in Lagos and close to agege,u can visit the church in shiaba they sell there I think #250 or #200.some mega CAC church do sell as well sha

1 Like

Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by pajax1: 5:43am On Oct 07, 2016
Thanks. Is there any software for it. Any app? Thanks
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 6:37am On Oct 07, 2016
DATE: Friday, October 7, 2016

TOPIC: GOOD VERSUS BAD: JOB'S EXAMPLE

READ JOB 2:6-10
MEMORISE: He replied, "You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" In all this, Job did not sin in what he said. (Job 2:10)

A Christian woman wondered why God would allow her to be jilted in spite of her faithfulness to the Christian course. She felt disappointed and nearly quit the church. She later on found out that God is faithful to her than anyone, when she learnt that the same brother that jilted her died after three months of marriage with another sister. What is your perception about good and bad happenings or events?
The Bible confirms that everything works together for good for those who love God. Why would God allow bad things to happen to good people? Isn't that unrighteousness of God. Can there be trouble in the city without God's knowledge?
Job made us understand some things about good and bad events:
1. God does not do evil. God allows the devil on permission to wreak havoc on His own people to try or test their heart.
2. It is natural to receive both good and bad (Job 2:10). God created both good and bad.
3. Everything (bad and good) works together for the good of them that love God.
4. Bad things happen to good people because of the good thought God ultimately has for them; Job's end was more glorious. They also prove that their love for God doesn't hinge on only the good involved. They remind us that we have no enduring city in the world, where joy is momentary. Lastly, they result in proclaiming the glory of God; Jesus emphasised this in His encounter with the blind man in John 9.
God is ever faithful, no matter the situation. Always hold on to this. This was what helped Job.

PRAYER POINTS
1. I receive the grace to endure hardship as a Christian, in Jesus' name.
2. I refuse to be broken down by the adversity that the devil might be bringing across my way, in Jesus' name.
3. Lord, help our churches to be more focussed on God's power and purpose, instead of calling for their perceived enemies' heads in prayers.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: NEHEMIAH CHAPTER 5 - CHAPTER 9

Every oppression of stagnation will be turned to celebration of advancement in your life in Jesus Christ name

1 Like

Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by captainjay(m): 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2016
Op. I must commend u for d good work u r doing. Pls continue dnt stop. 08060576074 Pls whatsapp m every morning wt or cn u help m wt where i cn download it. I hv bn to dia facebook page bt was disappointed wen i saw oct. 4Th post. Wen we r in oct 7. Pls help m wt d msg every morning on my whatapps . Waiting for it tomorrow morning. God bless u
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 6:37am On Oct 08, 2016
DATE: Saturday, October 8, 2016

TOPIC: TRULY BALANCED

READ HEBREWS 12:1-3
MEMORISE: For them I sanctify Myself, that they too may be truly sanctified. (John 17:19)

Think of your life like a wheel. The centre of the wheel is the hub. All the spokes of your life (representing your relationships, your family, your career, your goals, etc.) come from that hub. Truly, we all build our lives around some sort of hub. Dear friend, what is your hub? Is it your career, affluence, position, etc.? Or is it Jesus?
Whatever is paramount in your thought daily, that's your hub that's what is driving you! And the centre of your life is important to developing a balanced life. A solid centre leads to a solid life, while a weak flimsy centre leads, not only to a weak, but cracking life (Matt 7:24-27). The book of Proverbs 11:4 says, 'Wealth is worthless in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death.' Only Jesus Christ is our righteousness, not the good deeds we presume doing (Isaiah 64:6).
Paul, the Apostle declares: 'I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].' (Php. 4:13 AMP) The power of the wheel always emanates from the centre outward never the other way round. Don't worry about making Jesus first in your life; let Him be the centre (hub) of your life. Let Him direct all (not some of) the affairs of your life, influence it, empower it, and give it stability. Only in Christ Jesus can, and will you have a truly balanced life. Make it happen henceforth. Make Him the anchor that holds your life.

PRAYER POINTS
1. O Lord God, be the centre of my life.
2. Lord, please give me a balanced life in all ways, in Jesus' name.
3. Lord, help believers to maintain the proper balance between their vacations and relationships with You.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: NEHEMIAH CHAPTER 10 - CHAPTER 13

No matter the obstacles, the love of God will catapult you to another level of greatness in Jesus Christ name
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 6:44am On Oct 08, 2016
captainjay:
Op. I must commend u for d good work u r doing. Pls continue dnt stop. 08060576074 Pls whatsapp m every morning wt or cn u help m wt where i cn download it. I hv bn to dia facebook page bt was disappointed wen i saw oct. 4Th post. Wen we r in oct 7. Pls help m wt d msg every morning on my whatapps . Waiting for it tomorrow morning. God bless u

It is well sir, we are currently developing a website for the devotional but will add you to our whatsapp group where we drop the devotional very early in the morning.
Thank You sir
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by samdolad(m): 9:31am On Oct 08, 2016
Dominionhost:

It is well sir, we are currently developing a website for the devotional but will add you to our whatsapp group where we drop the devotional very early in the morning.
Thank You sir
please add me too to the whatsapp group 08062635188, God will continue to renew ur strength
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 12:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
DATE: Sunday, October 9, 2016

TOPIC: SAVE OTHERS

READ JUDE 1:16-23
MEMORISE: Snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh. (Jude 23)

The writer, Jude the servant of Jesus Christ, writes to all believers everywhere, and not to any particular church. Hence, this letter has been called a general letter, especially to those who continued unshaken in the Christian faith.
Today, Jude is saying to you, "In the meantime, watch over others as well as yourselves; and give them such help as their various needs require." Wherever you notice some people wavering in judgement, staggered by others' or by their own evil reasoning, endeavour more deeply to convince them of the truth as it is in Jesus Christ. Some, snatch, with a swift and strong hand, out of the fire of sin and temptation. On others, show compassion, in a milder and gentler way though still with a jealous fear, lest you be infected with the disease you endeavour to cure.
See, therefore that, while you love the sinners, you retain the utmost abhorrence of their sins an allusion to a case of leprosy (v. 23c), for that infected the garments of the afflicted person, and these garments were capable of conveying the pollution to others. For God shall in no wise allow into His eternal home nothing impure or anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful. Be careful about the way you live your life (1 Pet. 2:9-11). Go, save other people.

PRAYER POINTS
1. O Lord, let Your Holy Spirit convict and save sinners today.
2. Ask God for the grace to convince sinners to accept the holy way of Christ Jesus in evangelism and missions.
3. Lord, help Your Church to be more committed to the works of evangelism and missions, damning the cost.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: ESTHER CHAPTER 1 - CHAPTER 5

You will experience the miraculous this week in Jesus Christ name

So sorry for sending the devotional very late.
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 12:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
samdolad:

please add me too to the whatsapp group 08062635188, God will continue to renew ur strength

Alright sir
Sorry for the late response
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 12:43am On Oct 10, 2016
DATE: Monday, October 10, 2016

TOPIC: A CANCELLED NOTE

READ EPHESIANS 4:31-32
MEMORISE: Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. (Ephesians 4:32)

You can't get ahead while you're trying to get even. Forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them more. There is no revenge as sweet as forgiveness. The only people you should try to get even with are those who have helped you, and even when they too offend you, (for they are prone to hurt you as well) the height of kindness to show them is forgiveness.
The Gospel (Matthew to John) makes mention of the word 'forgive' or 'forgiven' forty times. Can you afford to joke with, or count as if inconsequential, this statement of Jesus that reads: 'But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your sins (Mark 11:26).
H. W. Beecher said, "Forgiveness ought to be like a cancelled note, torn in two, and burned up, so that it never can be shown against one." This is exactly how God deals with our sins whenever we seek His forgiveness. 'For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more' (Heb 8:12; 10:17). He who often forgives others is feared and revered. Never is God operating so strong in your life as when you forego revenge and dare to forgive an injury.
If you want to be miserable, hate somebody. To forgive is to set a prisoner free, only to discover the prisoner was you.

PRAYER POINTS
1. O Lord, put Your Spirit in me to forgive all offences as You do.
2. Lord, deliver me from the ungodly tendency to be vengeful in my relationship with others.
3. Pray that God should help our leaders to overcome the bitter unforgiving spirit in discharging their leadership responsibilities.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: ESTHER CHAPTER 6 - CHAPTER 10

You will never be a victim of pity again; rather, people will envy you in Jesus Christ name
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 5:12am On Oct 11, 2016
DATE: Tuesday, October 11, 2016

TOPIC: LOST OPPORTUNITIES

READ MARK 14:39-41
MEMORISE: Returning the third time, He said to them, "Are you still sleeping and resting? Enough! The hour has come. Look, the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners." (Mark 14:41)

The time for watching was past. Jesus had passed through His agony, and on His face was the radiance of peace. He did no longer need the help or their empathy, which in vain He had craved in one of the dark hours. He looked toward the city gate, and there was the traitor coming. There was neither need nor use now for the disciples' waking and watching, and they might as well sleep on. They lost the chance to agonise with Him.
The lesson is plain. Whatever we do for our friends, in assisting or supporting them, we must do when they are in need of our help. If one is sick, the time to show our sympathy is while still on the sick bed, not at the graveside. If we allow him to pass through his illness without showing him any attention, there is little use when he is out again (or peradventure he crosses the 'Jordan river') for us to offer kindness. Look for the TIME, CHANCE and OPPORTUNITY to do the right thing.
If one of our friends is passing through some sore struggle with temptation, then is the time for us to come up close beside him and put the strength of our love under his weakness. If we fail Him then, we may almost as well let Him go on alone after that. Of what use is our help when the battle has been fought through to the end and won or lost without us! Or suppose the friend was not victorious; that he failed, he failed because no one came to help him. Is there any use in our hurrying up to him then to offer assistance? Thus on all side the lesson presses. The opportunity to help someone must not be deferred. Try to do something today.

PRAYER POINTS
1. Help us by your spirit O Lord, to recover and make/up for lost opportunities.
2. Help believers O Lord, to use the graces given them for the betterment of people around us.
3. Pray and destroy spirit of procrastination that robs believers of the benefits of helping others who are need.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: JOB CHAPTER 1 - CHAPTER 2

I prophesy into your destiny that all opportunities and great things you have lost in the past are restored to you in folds and I ask for Grace to utilize them be released to you in Jesus Christ name.
Remain Unstoppable
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:06am On Oct 12, 2016
DATE: Wednesday, October 12, 2016

TOPIC: DON'T INVOKE GOD'S WRATH

READ DANIEL 5:17-31
MEMORISE: You praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or understand. But you did not honour the God who holds in His hand your life and all your ways. (Dan 5:23b)

God is a jealous God, despite that He is merciful and tender-hearted, and slow to chide; He does not keep His wrath forever. What else do you know God for? What you know Him for will form your attitude towards Him.
There are several ways one can provoke God. Let us consider 4:
1. Demonstrating Pride: The handwriting on the wall in the palace of Belshazzar was a sign that God was angry with the King. When Daniel eventually interpreted the writing, it became clear that the King, by his actions, had actually angered God, and the consequences must follow (vv. 22-24).
2. Idolatry: In Exodus, God specifically declared His zero-tolerance regarding rivalry with other gods. God will not allow Himself to be rivalled. Nothing or nobody should be before God. God is eternal, He is the Alpha and Omega. Is that really the case with us today? What are those things people tend to worship before God today?
3. Transgression: God has commands that must be obeyed completely. The Psalmist says, If I regard iniquity in my heart the Lord will not hear me. Sin always pitches us against God.
4. Misrepresentation: The friends of Job, rather than speaking the mind of God (word of consolation), comfort and encouragement, they further compounded the anguished man's woe, and God expressed dissatisfaction. His wrath burnt against them until they approached Job for blessing. Say whatever God asks you to say; don't go beyond Him. Don't prove you are too wise.

PRAYER POINTS
1. Lord, don't let me provoke You to anger with my actions, in Jesus' name.
2. Lord, help me to be sensitive to the way You see whatever I intend doing, in Jesus' name.
3. Lord, help Your Church to always please You and fulfil Your will.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: JOB CHAPTER 3 - CHAPTER 4

The presence of the Lord will never depart from you in Jesus Christ name.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Sharon Oyakhilome And Phillip Frimpong Celebrate 1st Wedding Anniversary / Apostle Suleman & Wife, Lizzy, Playing Football & Table Tennis (Photos) / What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 255
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.