Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,580 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship (8200 Views)

My Relationship Advice To The Young Women / I Need Your Candid Help! / Pls I Need Your Candid Advice And Urgently. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by DonTim1: 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2015
ur former guy, being a lecturer? and still claiming he loves u is kinda weird, gurl forget it, do you know how many beautiful and some even well behaved girls surrond him in school?did his life just pause since '13 ? you are prolly unfinished business or un-conquered grounds.

face you life,you graduated 2013, and u claim to want to marry, (i suspect, u want to marry a ready guy i.e. one with good job et al), y not build your own career and perhaps one day, you and your current guy can tie the knot. he isnt ready as u implied and most igbos i knw would not marry until they are very secure.

PS: and to the supermen who claim they dont / wouldnt cry cause of a lady, continue,next time emotions hold u and u cry with her, just remember u lied here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by barbiegirl4luv(f): 2:36pm On Sep 10, 2015
DonTim1:
ur former guy, being a lecturer? and still claiming he loves u is kinda weird, gurl forget it, do you know how many beautiful and some even well behaved girls surrond him in school?did his life just pause since '13 ? you are prolly unfinished business or un-conquered grounds.

face you life,you graduated 2013, and u claim to want to marry, (i suspect, u want to marry a ready guy i.e. one with good job et al), y not build your own career and perhaps one day, you and your current guy can tie the knot. he isnt ready as u implied and most igbos i knw would not marry until they are very secure.

PS: and to the supermen who claim they dont / wouldnt cry cause of a lady, continue,next time emotions hold u and u cry with her, just remember u lied here.

Thanks alot

But I am not looking for a ready made guy, I always mould my guys into what I want and they always do appreciate it, the job he got as a lecturer, he didn't want to take it up, he got two at the same time, I was the one that inspired him to take up the lecturing job, so we have always been there for each other. And I am 27 I have never for once been baffled abt marriage cos it dsnt move me coupled with the rate of divorce out there, it was just that day (last week) we had an argument I got to think about it and I know I can't run from it. And again he inspires me all the time always advising me and motivating me to move up my career. But my present guy has cares less about everything, can't take up challenges and my main problem with him is that I am feeling unsecured.

and for clarity I am not ready for marriage I just need to know my stand and start making up my mind.

1 Like

Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by DonTim1: 3:58pm On Sep 10, 2015
barbiegirl4luv:

Thanks alot

But I am not looking for a ready made guy, I always mould my guys into what I want and they always do appreciate it, the job he got as a lecturer, he didn't want to take it up, he got two at the same time, I was the one that inspired him to take up the lecturing job, so we have always been there for each other. And I am 27 I have never for once been baffled abt marriage cos it dsnt move me coupled with the rate of divorce out there, it was just that day (last week) we had an argument I got to think about it and I know I can't run from it. And again he inspires me all the time always advising me and motivating me to move up my career. But my present guy has cares less about everything, can't take up challenges and my main problem with him is that I am feeling unsecured.

and for clarity I am not ready for marriage I just need to know my stand and start making up my mind.

@bolded, can you mould him (ur present guy) if no, its totally up to you to go / choose where u feel secured.

1 Like

Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by raumdeuter: 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
Are you sure the crying guy doesnt have mental and psychological issues?
So if una born you go dey pet papa and baby when both dey cry?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by beylinko(m): 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
This may sound strange to you but do you know it takes more than love to marry someone? when misunderstanding, challenges comes and he becomes unlovable,can you stick it out with him. Relationships like this goes beyond emotions. what is that thing you see in him that can make you keep loving him even if he doesn't deserve your love... moreover, you said he is God fearing, its a good place to start from and by the reason of him inspiring you, that is a plus. Just let go of your fear. you were even willing to date guys not better than him so why not him.
many of our blessings don't come in flashy advert screaming see me! see me.Talk to him, heart to heart. peace!!!

3 Likes

Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by Nigga44: 4:51pm On Sep 10, 2015
Any guy that cries for a girl is nothing but a weak-minded idiott sad

1 Like

Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by Roland17(m): 4:58pm On Sep 10, 2015
beylinko:
This may sound strange to you but do you know it takes more than love to marry someone? when misunderstanding, challenges comes and he becomes unlovable,can you stick it out with him. Relationships like this goes beyond emotions. what is that thing you see in him that can make you keep loving him even if he doesn't deserve your love... moreover, you said he is God fearing, its a good place to start from and by the reason of him inspiring you, that is a plus. Just let go of your fear. you were even willing to date guys not better than him so why not him.
many of our blessings don't come in flashy advert screaming see me! see me.Talk to him, heart to heart. peace!!!

Abeg which beer you dey drink make I order one trailer load for this your comment abeg because mere flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, it is the spiriiiiiiiit..

@op, personally on my scale of preference in relationship determination, Love is way below my totem pole..yes wayyyy below..love is not enough to hold any relationship together however that does not justify entering a relationship out of pity to pacify a long suffering toaster whose best strategy to win you over is reverse psychology.

I would advise you critically analyze your plans for the future in relationship to marriage which is seemingly your priority, ask your present boyfriend whom I want to believe you are presently committed to about his plans for the relationship, establish the future of your relationship to avoid "had I known", I am not one to encourage ladies to hold on to a man without prospects or concrete plans for the future as that is selfish and inhuman.

If his plans are desirable and achievable with a well constructed strategy irrespective of changing variables then stick with him and you can both realize your dream, if not I would advise you consider your other prospects critically or just move on without a relationship and look to improve yourself academically and professionally which would I turn yield some sense of financial stability and fulfillment.

please ensure you have in some measure prepared yourself for uncertainties which are inevitable in life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by Blade21: 5:07pm On Sep 10, 2015
Nigga44:
Any guy that cries for a girl is nothing but a weak-minded idiott sad
I agree but u for nor call de guy idiot lol if a guy cries for me I go over break up with am is he crazy?
Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 10, 2015
so if i understand your story, becasue you want to get married, you want to go back to the guy you feel nothing for
Someone you have no respect for . . .someone whose sensitivity annoys you
Please let the man be

He will soon find someone who understands him . .shebi he is a lecturer . . lipsrsealed

I dont know what to say o! apart from advising you to marry someone you genungly love & respect and they do same to you. Do not marry out of pity or just because you want to get married now
Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by agarawu23(m): 5:24pm On Sep 10, 2015
raydatluvs:
bro, i knw of emotional tears but why wud a guy cry at every issue, I tink dats petty and sissy, IMO.
she no tell us say the guy dey cry on every issue na. When him no be cry cry baby cheesy
Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by 2sex(m): 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2015
agarawu23:
why are we like this ? Something hasn't happen to you doesn't mean it's not happening to others. Yes we can cry for love. I was once in his shoe, i learnt it from my close friend then.

It's emotional tears bro sad
You raised a silent point. I am a guy and sincerely speaking if I asked a girl out and she doesn't handle it well, man it would be a risk on her part if she eventually comes after the flame has died!

I love my current babe die cos she didn't make me feel silly!
Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by agarawu23(m): 5:50pm On Sep 10, 2015
2sex:
You raised a silent point. I am a guy and sincerely speaking if I asked a girl out and she doesn't handle it well, man it would be a risk on her part if she eventually comes after the flame has died!

I love my current babe die cos she didn't make me feel silly!
that's it
We should be with someone that's ganna make us happy, that's when you will enjoy your relationship
Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by 2sex(m): 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2015
agarawu23:
that's it
We should be with someone that's ganna make us happy, that's when you will enjoy your relationship
all though I respect the lady in this case. Reason is that she didn't date the dude while in a relationship. That's a good sign, a huge quality that is lacking in thousands of many Nigerian girls and if the guy is smart he should give her another chance.

It simply shows that she doesn't double date. In the current day of Nigerian babes, many of them would double date.
Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by raumdeuter: 6:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
Roland17:

Abeg which beer you dey drink make I order one trailer load for this your comment abeg because mere flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, it is the spiriiiiiiiit..

@op, personally on my scale of preference in relationship determination, Love is way below my totem pole..yes wayyyy below..love is not enough to hold any relationship together however that does not justify entering a relationship out of pity to pacify a long suffering toaster whose best strategy to win you over is reverse psychology.

I would advise you critically analyze your plans for the future in relationship to marriage which is seemingly your priority, ask your present boyfriend whom I want to believe you are presently committed to about his plans for the relationship, establish the future of your relationship to avoid "had I known", I am not one to encourage ladies to hold on to a man without prospects or concrete plans for the future as that is selfish and inhuman.

If his plans are desirable and achievable with a well constructed strategy irrespective of changing variables then stick with him and you can both realize your dream, if not I would advise you consider your other prospects critically or just move on without a relationship and look to improve yourself academically and professionally which would I turn yield some sense of financial stability and fulfillment.

please ensure you have in some measure prepared yourself for uncertainties which are inevitable in life.

You are too smart to be an Arsenal fan. Come over to the Bavarian side of Europe
Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by beylinko(m): 6:34pm On Sep 10, 2015
Roland17:

naso....relationship is d most unpredictable. you are also on point wit your points.@op where did you even put God in all these.He knows anyone more than Even ourselves,..let him solve this equation for you

1 Like

Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by WHOcarex: 6:34pm On Sep 10, 2015
After all said and done. Lets do it this way in other not to confuse the girl more.

If you want the girl to go to the lecturer, click like.

If you want the girl to go for the current guy, click share.

Let majority win the vote

2 Likes

Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by Roland17(m): 7:28pm On Sep 10, 2015
raumdeuter:

You are too smart to be an Arsenal fan. Come over to the Bavarian side of Europe

Dayo eehhhhhh!! You no go kill pesin..

Sorry to disappoint you, my passion for the crest is unrivaled and transcends results, titles or records..

Thanks for the compliment anyways..

#COYG

1 Like

Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by williams20(m): 11:31pm On Sep 10, 2015
One thing you should never do in life is to marry someone out of pity
I mean to marry someone just because you think he or she has waited or has helped or has suffered this or that ....., it won't last

Back to you , go down deep to your heart and find if you really love him for who he is , can you cope with his attitude , can you manage your differences , find out if he really loves you or just lusting after you , then don't forget the place of prayer remember there is a way that seemeth right
But the and thereof is destruction , but please ensure you both love each other and can manage each others' differences

E. O. T William

2 Likes

Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by NOBODYY: 11:43pm On Sep 10, 2015
barbiegirl4luv:

My dear this is not fiction, he is a very sensitive person and that was what turns me off about him them. I just thought of it that even with all have done to him to make him forget we can ever be he never gave up. It baffles me, it's rear before u see such guys nowadays. Even my present BF wnt do that

Wah if u take him home as ur husband and he starts crying b4 ur family again #justAsking

1 Like

Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by RoyalRoy(m): 4:31am On Sep 11, 2015
barbiegirl4luv:
I

Some weeks ago this my long time friend called me, an argument came up and I didn't even want to hear him out, all of a sudden I realised he was crying on phone saying it's because I know he loved me so much am treating him so bad. When I heard that, I felt sober and guilty and thought about everything that even with everything I have done to this guy he never gave up.

Please I need your candid advice and please share your thoughts.

Thanks.

All I see is an emotionally weak man!!

Crying at every opportunity.

Is he a baby?

Be careful of your choices.

He is already working and since 2012 he hasn't moved on?

I see red flags everywhere.

Never date or marry anyone out of pity. NEVER!!!

2 Likes

Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by focus7: 10:28am On Sep 11, 2015
Somebody shows he loves and want to marry you though he likes crying like a baby. Your boyfreiend is not talking of marriage, you are the one talking of it though you claimed he loves you, how you come about that God knows, even when you don't know whether the reason why he's not proposing marriage to you is because he has another lady he's seriously considering in alternative to you. All the same if you truly take the counsel your mum gave you serious, then you should know the direction to go by now. I wish you the best.

3 Likes

Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 11, 2015
RoyalRoy:

All I see is an emotionally weak man!!

Crying at every opportunity.

Is he a baby?

Be careful of your choices.

He is already working and since 2012 he hasn't moved on?

I see red flags everywhere.

Never date or marry anyone out of pity. NEVER!!!

hello handsome, trust u re good.

1 Like

Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by gidjah(m): 11:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
Sorry i am gonna go contrary to norms.if i where you,i would go for the one man that can complement my character and temperament.If its the first friend who is now a bit comfortable ,i shall go for him in as much...you really need to study your temperament and choose the best man for your self.you too must grow sister,you are 27 you said and tru wit sch abi?,settling down should be on your mind o,abi u want wait untill stale men start calling?,your time dey go,i hope you know that?,pls wake up mentally too.ensure you go for your complement.if na comfort you need,then mr lecturer should be d correct person,marriages this days sure need lots of comfort o,no be Love we go chop o,ask married peeps like us in da?@house, they will tell you that continous flow of resources into the home breeds love too.your parents too will need you comfortable so that they too can get high level comfort.with all the love you have for any man in the home,if he is the lazy type or struggling and never getting type,you will never be happy in that home madam.I said this because it seem your current BF might be a hard nut to crack fo you.Once a man has no God in himself,then you really do not need him no matter how much of Love you have for him.Let God help you

3 Likes

Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by RoyalRoy(m): 7:02am On Sep 12, 2015
Adufetohposh:
hello handsome, trust u re good.

Hey Poshbaby!!
Doing great. Been a while.

Hope u are fine too?
Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by freecocoa(f): 8:04am On Sep 12, 2015
A man that cries at any given opportunity, such a big turn off, it's annoying that any adult should cry at the slightest issues, talk more of a man using it as a wooing tactic, mschew.

OP, whatever you do, don't be with someone out of pity.

2 Likes

Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by enomakos(m): 10:49am On Nov 19, 2015
emerged01:

Then,you have a choice,if the other is with fear of God.
na fear of God go make marriage last?
Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by enomakos(m): 10:51am On Nov 19, 2015
barbiegirl4luv:

Thanks dear.

My checkpoint has always been the fear of God, but my current BF doesn't have the fear of God, though he goes to church and I pray every time that God should touch his heart and we also talk everyday/everytime. But this guy has the complete fear of God and knows Y he is serving God.
wetin be fear of God self?
Na fear of God go make marriage last?
Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
barbiegirl4luv:

Marriage has never been my issue, I dnt even disturb my BF about it cos am always scared of it but u know there is no how u can run from it. My then (abroad) BF I broke up with him cos he gave me a condition that we must get married before the end of 2013 and I said NO cos I was scared

Am not eager to get married but one day it will come and u have to plan ahead.

Your second question - he has not moved on though he told me he has a GF and that he knows He dsnt deserve me but I would always be in his mind.

Am just confused cos all my life I have always been very careful about my choice of man cos marriage is a lifetime issue if you make the wrong choice, it's your cross, u have to bear it.

Thanks a lot

Please ooh, how old are you (no offence) . . . . you sound really naive!

This old friend of yours is just playing on your emotions, and I'm very surprised you are falling for it. I bet all he's really after is your 'down-below' . . . having dreamt about it for so long.

If he loves you the way he claims to, how come he didn't snatch you up the second you broke up with your ex undecided You gave him green light, not once, but twice and he 'pretended' not to notice . . . . but yet he looooooooooves you so much, doesn't deserve you, will never forget you bla bla bla!

That guy has moved on, maybe even married and is only stringing you along to know if he can taste your forbidden fruit.

Please let him go, FORGET him and focus on your future.

1 Like

Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 19, 2015
barbiegirl4luv:

Thanks alot

But I am not looking for a ready made guy, [b]I always mould my guys into what I want [/b]and they always do appreciate it, the job he got as a lecturer, he didn't want to take it up, he got two at the same time, I was the one that inspired him to take up the lecturing job, so we have always been there for each other. And I am 27 I have never for once been baffled abt marriage cos it dsnt move me coupled with the rate of divorce out there, it was just that day (last week) we had an argument I got to think about it and I know I can't run from it. And again he inspires me all the time always advising me and motivating me to move up my career. But my present guy has cares less about everything, can't take up challenges and my main problem with him is that I am feeling unsecured.

Is it possible to mould a grown man into what you want? Please be cautious with this line of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by Shymm3x: 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
andromida:

Is it possible to mould a grown man into what you want? Please be cautious with this line of reasoning.

My android app. tongue
Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by emerged01(m): 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
enomakos:
na fear of God go make marriage last?

By your question, I know where you are ending to,"sex". Sex is one of those things but it cant make a marriage last in the absence of fear of God.
YES! it is the fear of God in the life of both parties that will create undying love in their relationship. If you have the fear of God,you won't cheat on your partner. it is only the fear of God on both parties that guarantee a happy home.
Re: Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 19, 2015
Shymm3x:

My android app. tongue

Your girls get the pennies. You Mean. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meeting My Father In Law To Be, For The First Time. / Tiwa Savage’s Husband Beats Her; Marriage In Serious Trouble / List Of Cartoon Television Programs With Lesbian, Gay And Bisexual Characters.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.