Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? (19331 Views)

Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? / Nkem Owoh And Funke Akindele In Primary School Uniforms For Movie Role / Hilda Dokubo Spotted On Set With Eucharia Anunobi & Funke Akindele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by muyiwa04(m): 4:33am On Apr 07, 2009
Nigeria's Funke Akindele has been named by the jury of the 2009 edition of the African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA), as Africa's best actress [/b]in a leading role. Akindele was the jury's choice out of six other actresses nominated in that category, including a Ghanaian and Kenyan.

Although, the actress, who interpreted delightfully the role of [b]Jenifa
, the lead character in the movie of same title, was not present at the award ceremony at the Integrated Glory Land Cultural Center in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, a resounding applause greeted her declaration as the continent's best actress for this year.

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/content.asp?contentid=4703&ContentTypeID=2

Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by SeanT21(f): 5:27am On Apr 07, 2009
African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) is a BIG JOKE!!
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Amigoz(f): 7:38am On Apr 07, 2009
Whoz she?
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Afam4eva(m): 7:20pm On Apr 07, 2009
SeanT21:

A very BIG JOKE!
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by iReport: 8:09pm On Apr 07, 2009
Why? Yoruba wins it, it becomes a big joke but whenever igbo wins it, it's no joke, abi? undecided undecided
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by eleshin(m): 11:32pm On Apr 07, 2009
if its a big joke,then tell me who deserve that award.she is the best actress in africa no doubt about that!
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by dominique(f): 11:55pm On Apr 07, 2009
she deserves the award not cos she's nigerian, but she's the one eyed queen in the land of the blind. b'lieve me when you see the calibers of films in africa magic+, you'll know that its not only nigerian movies that are awful.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Nobody: 12:58am On Apr 08, 2009
eleshin:

if its a big joke,then tell me who deserve that award.she is the best actress in africa no doubt about that!
Are you minding that bigot grin grin grin

@post
I loved her. . . .loff her . . . .loff her.
Not because of Jenifa o. Even though that movie was crazy cheesy cheesy
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by SeanT21(f): 2:39am On Apr 08, 2009
iReport:

Why? Yoruba wins it, it becomes a big joke but whenever igbo wins it, it's no joke, abi? undecided undecided

I am not a Nigerian so don't bring that tribal BS to me. wink

Anyway,Tell me why U think she is a good actress and deserve an award for being the best actress.I have never seen any African actress that deserve a Best Actress award.Their actings are all mediocre.What they deserve is a trip to acting school. wink
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Afam4eva(m): 2:55am On Apr 08, 2009
Why must they give a new comer best actress, why not something like best upcoming.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Amigoz(f): 10:48am On Apr 08, 2009
I C . . so that is her

She is an ok actress, wouldnt go as far as good though, talkless of best undecided

anyhoos wot do i know, I cant act 2 save my life cheesy
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Tbm: 4:09pm On Apr 08, 2009
ur girlfriend fine pass am or she fit do wetin funke akindele dey do .u bettr shut ur mouth afam4eva
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by sophienwa(f): 6:09pm On Apr 08, 2009
afam4eva:

Why must they give a new comer best actress, why not something like best upcoming.

did i hear you say new comer, hmnn funke has been acting since the late 90s. she started with that regular tv programme '' i need to know'' as bisi with her school friends, emem and ngozi
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by MrCrackles(m): 6:10pm On Apr 08, 2009
Topic

Fucking joke!

Who the fuc.k is she anyway?

Never heard of her!
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by tope2000(f): 6:13pm On Apr 08, 2009
u have issues brash. . .i swear cheesy

@topic
i think she deserves it undecided
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Afam4eva(m): 6:47pm On Apr 08, 2009
sophienwa:

did i hear you say new comer, hmnn funke has been acting since the late 90s. she started with that regular tv programme '' i need to know'' as bisi with her school friends, emem and ngozi

I know she's been there for a long time. But best upcoming award is not necessarily given to someone who is new. She just entered into the mainstream of nollywood not too long ago.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by lalaboi(m): 7:15pm On Apr 08, 2009
afam4eva:

I know she's been there for a long time. But best upcoming award is not necessarily given to someone who is new. She just entered into the mainstream of nollywood not too long ago.

dude. . .what is your point? when was this "nollywood" even formed?
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Afam4eva(m): 7:21pm On Apr 08, 2009
lalaboi:

dude. . .what is your point? when was this "nollywood" even formed?

When i say nollywood,i'm not referring to the name,rather i'm referring to the Nigerian movie industry which has been in existence b4 the name "Nollywood"
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by larayat(f): 9:49pm On Apr 08, 2009
omg,i dont know y pple are so much affected by complex,gosh funke deserves dis award n even many more.so haters choose anoda day 4 d rubbish u are muttering.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by yme1(f): 11:55am On Apr 09, 2009
nuffin is wrong if she wins the award or is she not human like the rest of them.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by uzwu: 12:28pm On Apr 09, 2009
Funke Akindele is sure one of the best and inshort the best as far as nollywood is concerned.

By her good interpretation of the movie Jenifer and indeed all her movies.

So bad belles, lipsrsealed
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by lucabrasi(m): 8:18pm On Apr 09, 2009
she deserves an award for her potrayal of jenifa but as far as being the best actress is concerned, erm no,thats stretching it
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by larayat(f): 10:26pm On Apr 09, 2009
lucabrasi:

she deserves an award for her potrayal of jenifa but as far as being the best actress is concerned, erm no,thats stretching it
well,na u talk dat n na she get d award simple.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by lucabrasi(m): 11:52pm On Apr 09, 2009
larayat:

well,na u talk dat n na she get d award simple.
typical naija,so because she got the award,we cant say the truth?
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by WarfyBoy(m): 4:49pm On Apr 10, 2009
lol, i used to be a fan of Funke, infact i am still a fan of hers only when she act in 9ja english film and not some noisy yoruba films

few yaz back she sed to act in I NEED 2 KNO, a nigerian soap and i realy like her then, she is big now and doing her own tin in were she feel she will be appreciated, wining AMAA award as a Lead Actress is a mistake

how many pipo get tym for dos yoruba noisy films
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by larayat(f): 8:58pm On Apr 10, 2009
lucabrasi:

typical naija,so because she got the award,we cant say the truth?
so bros wats d truth,u deserve d award n she doesnt?let who d crwn fits wears ittttttttttttttttt atleast 4 nw its funke n nobody else.except if u wan lie.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by eleshin(m): 1:51am On Apr 11, 2009
Warfy Boy:

lol, i used to be a fan of Funke, infact i am still a fan of hers only when she act in 9ja english film and not some noisy yoruba films

few yaz back she sed to act in I NEED 2 KNO, a nigerian soap and i realy like her then, she is big now and doing her own tin in were she feel she will be appreciated, wining AMAA award as a Lead Actress is a mistake

it is an african award,i dont understand ur grievances now!because you dont watch yoruba film now,a yoruba actress does not deserve award,poor thinking-poor product.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:57am On Apr 11, 2009
Warfy Boy:

instead of worrying over Funke's award, perhaps you can enroll in some English classes. What an eye sore

amazing how with everyone who's been nominated and won this award, it's when she gets it that the whole world is crying
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 11, 2009
as a kid, she was the reason i got hooked on 'i need to know'. her acting was. . . . .  well. . . . . . . i'll skip.

who picks and chooses the nominees?
howz the vote done?. . . . . . .  .text, online, phone-ins? etc etc
who actually does the voting? fellow professionals or the public? etc etc
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by larayat(f): 9:23pm On Apr 11, 2009
Warfy Boy:

who kobalise u say make u no come frm yoruba landddddddddddddddd complex striken pple.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Benemond(m): 12:11am On Apr 13, 2009
grin
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by pope732901(m): 5:39am On Apr 13, 2009
Best Actress in Yolly wood industry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tom Or Jerry, Who Did You Support As A Child ? / Indian Films / Season Films:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.