Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? (19332 Views)

Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? / Nkem Owoh And Funke Akindele In Primary School Uniforms For Movie Role / Hilda Dokubo Spotted On Set With Eucharia Anunobi & Funke Akindele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Tawak: 1:03pm On Apr 20, 2009
yes, she is da best
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 20, 2009
Maybe, smiley But there are lots of Actress in the Industry.

I knew her since the days of I NEED TO KNOW! I still remember those days. She's a good actress thou.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Pataki: 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2009
Oh please. . . . . . I have never believed in the hype about the Jenifa movie. If making yourself into a laughing nuisance as a movie act means you bag the Best Actress in Africa, then glory-on!
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by senami61: 1:53pm On Apr 20, 2009
she deserve even more then dat cuz she's just to good
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by proudly9ja(m): 1:59pm On Apr 20, 2009
Pataki:

Oh please. . . . . . I have never believed in the hype about the Jenifa movie. If making yourself into a laughing nuisance as a movie act means you bag the Best Actress in Africa, then glory-on!

You are right and a million other people who love the movie must be wrong. Midn you, I have loads of non-yoruba friends who can't even speak the language but totally love the movie.

@ post
I believe Funke deserves the award. I don't know why there is so much bias about this issue. Even in Oscar, its most likely that its the movie that makes all the headlines that will produce best actor/best actres/best 'most things', and if you agree that Jenifa 1 and 2 was the in-thing in terms of movies in recent times, then Im not sure the arguement that funke does not deserve the award holds water.

In all, lets try to appreciate our own. Look at the way the British media hyped Susan Boyle. Its not like her voice is the best we've heard, but the thing about appreciating what uve got have made them turn Susan into an over night star. I can't imagine what would have happened on Nairaland if she was Nigerian
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by DoubleN(m): 2:27pm On Apr 20, 2009
Never seen the Movie completely just a few snips but finally when its your time,its your time.Congrats to her!
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Pataki: 2:31pm On Apr 20, 2009
proudly9ja:

You are right and a million other people who love the movie must be wrong. Midn you, I have loads of non-yoruba friends who can't even speak the language but totally love the movie.
What happened to me having my own opinion on this matter? Must it suite your taste and preference? Even if it is BS to you?

Must every rubbish produced in Nigeria become my delight? If your non-Yoruba friends like it, fine. I also have loads, in fact, millions of my non-Yoruba friends who do not speak the language and totally detest the movie. Is that OK with you?
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by MrCrackles(m): 2:38pm On Apr 20, 2009
Pataki

That bullshit is common on this forum!

When someone has a different opinion to something, other idiots will try to criticize the person sometimes degenerating into abuse and war of words!

To all the twats outhere trying to force someone to lie in the same direction as you, it is not by force so eat a dic.k ya'all or piss off!

I didnt watch it, i will never watch it, i dont give a shit about Funke Akindele or Ramsey Noah and to hell with Nigerian movies! tongue

And to the muppet who said "anyone who doesnt like the movie must be wrong" ~ SHUT THE FUC.k UP and hug a Jenifa VCD!
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by proudly9ja(m): 3:00pm On Apr 20, 2009
Pataki:

What happened to me having my own opinion on this matter? Must it suite your taste and preference? Even if it is BS to you?

Must every rubbish produced in Nigeria become my delight? If your non-Yoruba friends like it, fine. I also have loads, in fact, millions of my non-Yoruba friends who do not speak the language and totally detest the movie. Is that OK with you?

Ofcourse you are entitled to your opinion and Im sure my statement made that obvious or do you have a problem with being right and everyone else being wrong? I honestly do not have a problem with that.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by platinumnk(f): 3:03pm On Apr 20, 2009
MrCrackles:

Pataki

That bullshit is common on this forum!

When someone has a different opinion to something, other idiots will try to criticize the person sometimes degenerating into abuse and war of words!

To all the twats outhere trying to force someone to lie in the same direction as you, it is not by force so eat a dic.k ya'all or piss off!

I didnt watch it, i will never watch it, i dont give a shit about Funke Akindele or Ramsey Noah and to hell with Nigerian movies! tongue

And to the muppet who said "anyone who doesnt like the movie must be wrong" ~ SHUT THE FUC.k UP and hug a Jenifa VCD!

I agree, never heard of the girl
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by dejiariyo: 3:57pm On Apr 20, 2009
The more i read pple responses on here the more i feel bad for nigerians, the lady was nominated for the year under review which was 2008 and her film was the biggest movie last year and that does not make her leap frog over pple like joke Silva,Liz Benson and rest of them.

its says she won an award for the year review( 2008 ) so all this talk about she deserves it or not shud not even arise all u need is to know the popular movie in Nigeria and the lead role then u look at the others who are in contention with her,if this was the criteria used in used then she surely deserves it.

so pls u guys shud take it easy and apply sense and not argue cos of argument, its year under review and not all time great award.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:31pm On Apr 20, 2009
No way is she a better actress (overall) than Stella Damasus though

Have you heard of an "overall actress" award?
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by soulamanne(m): 5:00pm On Apr 20, 2009
i think the award sounds too large.maybe in nigeria but africa?she is ok sha.just saw her film apaadi.makes a whole lotta sense than jeniffa
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:11pm On Apr 20, 2009
Did Osafia in London make sense?

yet you dont see people whining when people say they love the movie
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by GeorgeD1(m): 5:12pm On Apr 20, 2009
jenifa who?
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by WarfyBoy(m): 6:10pm On Apr 20, 2009
@ThiefOfHearts, eleshin and larayat.

I dont realy kno what to say to u guys, u have no reason to attack me, this is Nairaland and everyone have the right to give his or her own opinion, Nairaland does not belong to either of your families, so u guys should grow up and stop attackin other pipo

I can say whatever i want here, as long as it does not go against the rules of NL.

So 4Q @ThiefOfHearts, eleshin and larayat

I will still repeat it here again, Jenifer or Funke does not deserve the award, if thats not okay with you guys, you can go and embrace the nearest transformer

Once again 4Q
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 20, 2009
Warfy Boy:

[b
I will still repeat it here again, Jenifer or Funke does not deserve the award, if thats not okay with you guys, you can go and embrace the nearest transformer
Once again 4Q[/b]

o boy, you just killed me. i cant stop laughing
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:52pm On Apr 20, 2009
I dont remember directing anything to you Warfy so direct your madness elsewhere
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by londoner: 7:42pm On Apr 20, 2009
@Thief of hearts, did you hear me saying there is an overall actress award?

At least behave like an adult. You and I both know that taking what people say and putting it out of context deliberately is just plain juvenile.

Along the discourse of this whole thread it has swayed to and from opinions on Funke in "Jenifa" and people's opinions of Funke as an actress as against other Nigerian actresses, mainly in Nollywood.

If you would desist from being so emotional about things, you would see things more clearly. I must say, judging from the tribalistic stance you are fond of taking, you seem to find it difficult not to make every opinion into an "them and us" opportunity.

You are simply boxing your own shadow here. I will leave you to it.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by londoner: 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2009
@thief of hearts, This was the original assertion which my post was in response to. Again, simple reading comprehension would have made this simple to identify. Clearly the discussion left merely her role in "Jenifa" by that point. May I suggest a bit of humility, rather than attacking out of your own failure to comprehend the context of what was said.

"The true definition of a good actor is someone that protrays their character in such a way that you (the viewers) will completely forget that its a movie scripts that is being followed. Infact, you will think its something really that happening and a passer-by comes around with a camera. and i must say, [b]Funke fits the definition more than any other actress in nigeria. [/b] Others just get carried away by the video cams and start to advertise their most enhanced and attractive parts of their bodies (people like monalisa chinda).

so if she does not get the award, who will "
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by cescjay(m): 8:09pm On Apr 20, 2009
If AMAA was a yoruba award then may be she can be the best, but its an Afican award. shocked
i dont think shes worth it
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by Adexy001(f): 9:26pm On Apr 20, 2009
lipsrsealed Yawns and leaves the thread!
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:37pm On Apr 20, 2009
who cares about these half-baked home dramas these days.
they don't even qualify for the tittle 'movie' grin
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by WarfyBoy(m): 10:02pm On Apr 20, 2009
I dont like insulting pipo [especialy on the net]. Becuase i dont kno who the other person is or what he or she is capable of doing

but @Thiefy thiefy of heart insulted me by telling me to go and enrol in an english Class, if u r so gud in spikin eng, i resav my comment,

For freedom's sake, i av d rite to say whatevert i think is rite, i go kom dey fear to talk again shoooooo

I am sorry tho if i av offended any of u guys, but i tink we should respect ourselves, respect they say is reciprocal

Peace
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by reindeer: 12:11am On Apr 21, 2009
I am really not a fan of those home videos , from the few i have seen, the so called igbo ones(a disgrace really, with red suit wearing 'heroes' or overpainted females) and even worse the yoruba ones with terrible subtitling,
but going by the way she portrayed the idiotic character in JENIFA(tortured by my babe into watching about 45mins of the crap), i do think she maybe the best of the lot at least for now, the one eyed woman in the city of the blind.
so let her be and let her enjoy the title, its not easy being one eyed in steven-wonder land.
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by SamMilla1(m): 12:24am On Apr 21, 2009
Now its time for her to start blowing her trumpet and flapping her wings.

I will watch from afar
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by sosisi(f): 12:26am On Apr 21, 2009
who the fried fish is she
How come I've never heard of her
did she act as a housegirl of pure water seller in other movies? grin
Best actress is usually reserved for accomplished actresses not some fly by night actress who nobody knows
best new actress maybe
that wig is horrendous by the way
did she borrow it from Mercy Johnson or Patience Ozokwor
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:51am On Apr 21, 2009
Londoner, you are just whining and acting like a victim and I can tell you now that I dont fall for such bullshit. Did you not see where I said that the title of the thread was misleading? This thread is about her being nominated for an award for a movie for this YEAR it shouldnt be about her being "best over all actress", I mentioned this, maybe YOU're the one with comprehension issues. Seek a solution.

I was trying to bring the thread back ON COURSE, however you kept going on and on about how she's not a better actress than Stella and Uche blah blah(BTW she IS a better actress than Uche who was terrible in Reloaded and tends to overact in most movies), like that has anything to do with her nomination.

Being nominated for an AAMA award doesnt make one Africa's best actress, same way being nominated for an Oscar doesnt make you the best actress in America.

I do however have a problem with people who havent seen the movie she was nominated for, and saying she didnt deserve it. Such people have no say. Im willing to bet good money that it's her tribe that has alot of people crying like bitches. Many people here have dogged Yoruba movies and its history, same people who've also never watched a Yoruba movie in their life yet they wanna be he judge of whether or not someone deserves something. Rita won an award a couple of years back for Dancing Hearts which I thought was a pretty mediocre movie. I love Rita but I didnt think she helped the role. where was the outburst on that? Rhetorical question as I already know the answer, just waiting for these people to finally admit it. I wont hold my breath though
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:24am On Apr 21, 2009
funke what? don't know her. is she a nurse or school teacher? grin
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by vikiviko(m): 7:34am On Apr 21, 2009
deservedly
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by spikedcylinder: 7:53am On Apr 21, 2009
This is getting tribal . . . . .

Interesting. . . .
Re: Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? by ceah(m): 10:58am On Apr 21, 2009
You guys are all crazy and are victim of decision, lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Indian Films / Season Films: / Pa Kasumu Is Critically Ill & Needs N12M To Stay Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.