Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! (49446 Views)

Islamic Radicals Will Be Totally Wipe Out Of Planet Earth - Don Dee Trump / #presidentialmediachat: Buhari Not Different From Adolf Hitler – PDP / Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by kenny987(f): 8:51pm On Oct 06, 2015
TheOnlyWiseMan:

At times I wonder what sort of humans these YO-ROBBER People are.
In one sentence you list out Igbos sins, At the same time insist they must live with you.

Isn't that madness?

Honestly it's completely baffling. They are quick to list the sins of Biafrans, say they no longer need them in Nigeria yet cannot rest as Biafrans have decided to chart their course and plan for a better existence away from this current contraption.
If something or someone is such a problem why are they fighting and cursing aimlessly? Is anything stated by the op and all other Biafrans on this thread a crime? They haven't said what their real issues are but our God is able!

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by TheOnlyWiseMan: 9:16pm On Oct 06, 2015
Zeeblamj01:
Hello to u guys. Ive read all the insults as well as the plans of making Biafra a real thing...
First, I want to talk about Ojukwu. U have immortalized him in your hearts. Why? He ran away and left u all to die. In my opinion, thats not fair especially if he was a leader. A good leader takes off his crown and shoes to fight side by side and even die with his people. He didnt feel that what he believed in was enough to die for. Helpless women and children died for his ego. And ge ran away with his rich friends. If I am wrong , enlighten me.

Now on the civil war, ibos did die... ss, se, died as well. They paid the price for things that some of them knew not so much about...
If u want biafra, what are u doing about it? Is it only here on Nairaland? Cause I dont see u ibos tearing your Nigerian passports and coming back to Biafra. U are all enjoying the privileges of having a nigerian passport.
I believe in freedom and thats why, I do support that if a person does not want to be Nigerian, do not force him. I think the ibos should l be allowed to form their own country. If it fails, they could always lean on other west African countries. I pray it doesnt though. Lol. I will take a tourist visa to ur country Biafra one day.
Please guys, stop the fighting and let them strategize. I am a northerner ( adamawa,kaduna state) of Nigeria and I think the ibos should go since they are not happy to be with us ( cow smelling people) as they term us.
Peace!

So your heartaches is because Nigeria military failed to capture and kill Ojukwu?
I can tell you that the fact that he survived war means his biafra dreams survived.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by abikubu: 9:30pm On Oct 06, 2015
carnegiefan:

Let me even take you on this lunatic lie of yours for a sec.
So, because you are scared that maybe Biafra will only be made up of Anambra and Imo states, you have the right to kill and muzzle people from that parts for seeking a UN guaranteed right to self determination; one that your president echoed just last week, at the UN, when he was defending the rights of the Palestinians to a state of their own on the UN Charter on the rights of indigenous peoples to self determination? Have you checked how DIFFICULT it is to create a Palestine out of current Israel, yet you and your president is afraid of allowing Biafra that comprises 9 states (yes NINE STATES, if you doubt it I dare you to conduct a referendum, why are you afraid?) similar right to self determination!
Your conspiracy deny us international airports and decent access to fair education opportunity, right to control our political and economic destiny. Yet you turn around to call us "bigots". Purest form of lunacy is when an armed robber accuses his victim of being "mean" for defending himself. That, my friend, is what you are doing.

The statement in bold is your own and not mine. How dare you put the Palestinian question into the same bigotry as ibos'? Palestine was a country until the creation of Israel and the subsequent wars, especially in 1967 which displaced millions of them. Their right to return to their country and end the Israeli occupation is the matter before the UN in the form of "Two-State solution to which overwhelming majority of UN member states ascribed to.

Before your schizophrenic wish for ibo's own country deteriorates your already intellectual feebleness further, there is no comparison between the Palestinian issue and biafra.

In your disorganised delusions you flippantly declared 'biafra has Nine States" without saying which states have signed up to join biafra or whether there is an official request pending before the Nigerian Parliament!

At this juncture, I must reiterate that leaders of old biafra had declared biafra dead or ceased to exist, yet people like you who have nothing better to do than mischief keep throwing up tribal bigotry around ibo issues as if you are the only tribe in Nigeria.

As stated, Nigeria did far better without the Ibos during the war and emerged relatively unscratched while the ibos saw hell on earth without Nigeria, just to stress the point of who is the armed robber and victim!

In short, your confused noise about building your biafra by displaying a collection of foreign pictures without exploring the wherewithal, the origins, architectural history, the wars fought, history and development of the nation state, philosophy and economy has taken your hallucinations to raving madness.

Lest you don't know, UN has no mandate to divide a sovereign country into tribal countries or even to interfere in internal domestic politics of member states as far as no one tribe is being persecuted. But then your bigotry won't let you see reason.

9 Likes

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by abikubu: 9:50pm On Oct 06, 2015
TheOnlyWiseMan:

So your heartaches is because Nigeria military failed to capture and kill Ojukwu?
I can tell you that the fact that he survived war means his biafra dreams survived.

People like you will always reason from the wrong end! To all the succinct points the man raised, all you could reply was a terse rhetoric!

Great leaders don't march his poor innocent people to war if he knows he cannot win or will not die with them. He must not value his life more than those millions that died.

What a self-serving cowardly leader is that who ran away from the war for his dear life while his people died in millions? Only Ojukwu!

8 Likes

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 06, 2015
TheOnlyWiseMan:

U are cute. Maybe u misundertand me. Read carefully. I was inquiring about ur hero.
It would have been horrific if the Nigerian army captured him. I saw what happened in this war to the Biafrans and anyone who helped them. It was bloody and I do not support violence in anyway...
And I very much support Biafra. I dont see a reason why u should be Nigerian if u dont want to be. I hope these dreams come true. And I hope people dont have to die like chickens to fulfil that dream.
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by xyzhill(m): 10:20pm On Oct 06, 2015
Zeeblamj01:
Hello to u guys. Ive read all the insults as well as the plans of making Biafra a real thing...
First, I want to talk about Ojukwu. U have immortalized him in your hearts. Why? He ran away and left u all to die. In my opinion, thats not fair especially if he was a leader. A good leader takes off his crown and shoes to fight side by side and even die with his people. He didnt feel that what he believed in was enough to die for. Helpless women and children died for his ego. And ge ran away with his rich friends. If I am wrong , enlighten me.

Now on the civil war, ibos did die... ss, se, died as well. They paid the price for things that some of them knew not so much about...
If u want biafra, what are u doing about it? Is it only here on Nairaland? Cause I dont see u ibos tearing your Nigerian passports and coming back to Biafra. U are all enjoying the privileges of having a nigerian passport.
I believe in freedom and thats why, I do support that if a person does not want to be Nigerian, do not force him. I think the ibos should l be allowed to form their own country. If it fails, they could always lean on other west African countries. I pray it doesnt though. Lol. I will take a tourist visa to ur country Biafra one day.
Please guys, stop the fighting and let them strategize. I am a northerner ( adamawa,kaduna state) of Nigeria and I think the ibos should go since they are not happy to be with us ( cow smelling people) as they term us.
Peace!
cow smelling people? Nah. we dont mean it when we say so. Talking more on dat i hav a friend who is frm adamawa n another frm jos. We do nt hate u ppl only we seek our freedom.... Being taged nigerian out d shores is either u are assumed a fraudster or drug dealer or to sumerise it all ''CORRUPT''. we want a new identity, our identity and to live our biafran dream. Still am dazzed why d bunch and lots wants us to live in a poo hole which they have resolved never to leave? Ojukwu is dead but he did d nobel thing though it cost us many things, still he showed d world d pot filled with fresh minds indigenious, creative, resilent and resourceful ppl we are. And d best of all was that he revealed to us dis potentials....... So we would ever be greatful to God frm giving us,him.

P.S: is it true dat ppl frm jos and adamawa dont like d ppl of d core north?

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by c33b33(m): 10:21pm On Oct 06, 2015
A post above says Palestine (Philistine) was a country before the creation of Israel. Good.

And Biafra was what before almagamation? You dummy without a sense of history. Go and get educated!

For your enlightenment. Palestine and Israel can trace their origin to something common which is Abraham.

Can you tell me what Biafrans have in common with you parasites? Just one common trait please.

The UN charter states clearly on self-determination of indigenous people and Biafra is exercising that but your shallow mind cannot comprehend that.

If Biafra is dead as you presume you won't be discussing it. Discuss the well being of the cage you occupy in the zoo.

Why don't you make your own noise on building your zoo?

Use the internet to bolster your intellect too and not for nairaland only. Monkey,shame on you for displaying your ignorance to the public.

IPOB Youth

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by livingday: 11:06pm On Oct 06, 2015
abikubu:

The statement in bold is your own and not mine. How dare you put the Palestinian question into the same bigotry as ibos'? Palestine was a country until the creation of Israel and the subsequent wars, especially in 1967 which displaced millions of them. Their right to return to their country and end the Israeli occupation is the matter before the UN in the form of "Two-State solution to which overwhelming majority of UN member states ascribed to.

Before your schizophrenic wish for ibo's own country deteriorates your already intellectual feebleness further, there is no comparison between the Palestinian issue and biafra.

In your disorganised delusions you flippantly declared 'biafra has Nine States" without saying which states have signed up to join biafra or whether there is an official request pending before the Nigerian Parliament!

At this juncture, I must reiterate that leaders of old biafra had declared biafra dead or ceased to exist, yet people like you who have nothing better to do than mischief keep throwing up tribal bigotry around ibo issues as if you are the only tribe in Nigeria.

As stated, Nigeria did far better without the Ibos during the war and emerged relatively unscratched while the ibos saw hell on earth without Nigeria, just to stress the point of who is the armed robber and victim!

In short, your confused noise about building your biafra by displaying a collection of foreign pictures without exploring the wherewithal, the origins, architectural history, the wars fought, history and development of the nation state, philosophy and economy has taken your hallucinations to raving madness.

Lest you don't know, UN has no mandate to divide a sovereign country into tribal countries or even to interfere in internal domestic politics of member states as far as no one tribe is being persecuted. But then your bigotry won't let you see reason.

Well researched and written piece of literary history. It is an affront to intellectual reasoning when people start adding 2 plus 3 to get 9 out of tribal desperation. I assure you that people like this will eventually turn on each other and start to discriminate on account of dialect or townsman person. Kudos to your analysis! Just let them cry as much as they like on the internet, Nigeria marches on regardless!

7 Likes

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by aishababa(f): 11:29pm On Oct 06, 2015
c33b33:
A post above says Palestine (Philistine) was a country before the creation of Israel. Good.

And Biafra was what before almagamation? You dummy without a sense of history. Go and get educated!

For your enlightenment. Palestine and Israel can trace their origin to something common which is Abraham.

Can you tell me what Biafrans have in common with you parasites? Just one common trait please.

The UN charter states clearly on self-determination of indigenous people and Biafra is exercising that but your shallow mind cannot comprehend that.

If Biafra is dead as you presume you won't be discussing it. Discuss the well being of the cage you occupy in the zoo.

Use the internet to bolster your intellect too and not for nairaland only. Monkey,shame on you for displaying your ignorance to the public.

IPOB Youth

There was no biafra before and after amalgamation. Nnamdi Azikiwe, your founding father, was a willing partner in the Nigerian project and became president after independence. Is it because of the ojukwu debacle and perceived marginalization that you want to repudiate Nigeria?

It is evident you are hardly refined or sufficiently educated to any level if the grubby slime from your mouth is anything to go by! You are not only in dire need of sound education but moral discipline on conduct and comportment in public.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by abikubu: 11:46pm On Oct 06, 2015
c33b33:
IPOB Youth

You lack knowledge because you don't know the extent of your ignorance, odious gas-bag!

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by abikubu: 11:52pm On Oct 06, 2015
aishababa:

There was no biafra before and after amalgamation. Nnamdi Azikiwe, your founding father, was a willing partner in the Nigerian project and became president after independence. Is it because of the ojukwu debacle and perceived marginalization that you want to repudiate Nigeria?

It is evident you are hardly refined or sufficiently educated to any level if the grubby slime from your mouth is anything to go by! You are not only in dire need of sound education but moral discipline on conduct and comportment in public.

My beautiful sister, you pack both brain and beauty. Don't mind the oddity!

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by theDEVILisHERE: 12:38am On Oct 07, 2015
abikubu:

Mr man
Biafra existed even before Britain
So your opening analogy is already floored
As for palestaine
They occupied a land owned by an exiled isreal who where ravaged and taken into slavery by the romans
The isrealites after so much persecussion in the hands of the descendants of the romans (contemporary europeans) decided in the 1940's to return back to their original ancenstral land which resulted in conflict with the occuping palestinians (called philistines in the medivial era)
Ask your self
Are this names jerusalem, bethlahem, galilie. Palestinian names
If they are
What do they mean in arabic or what ever language the palestinians speak
Remember every name has a meaning in the language it came from
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by c33b33(m): 12:38am On Oct 07, 2015
I've read my mentions and they are not worth quoting.

Evidences abound that there was Biafra before Lugard came but it is so bad that people will die in ignorance. Do your self a favour by researching.
Please who are the signatories
to the almagamation edict?

Monkey!talking about discipline. Big-Big grammar is synonymous with the gutter press and their people with empty skulls.
. Does it mean the Oduduwas were not in existence before the europeans came? Too bad!

Nnamdi Azikiwe is dead and he can rot in hell for all I care. Those alive have a right to make their choice and we will not make the same silly mistake he made. I am glad he felt the betrayal of "one nigeria" before he died.

The other baboon that has nothing to counter but venom can you stay off my mention cos I won't dignify you with a mention.

Before I forget: Define Nation. Does your Nigeria fall into that definition? I ask again what do we have in common between us and you parasites?
Can you answer those questions?

Carnegiefan sorry once more for derailing this beautiful piece.

IPOB Youth

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by theDEVILisHERE: 12:42am On Oct 07, 2015
aishababa:

Madam
Biafra existed even before britain
If you don't know this
do some proper research

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 1:02am On Oct 07, 2015
c33b33:
I've read my mentions and they are not worth quoting.

Evidences abound that there was Biafra before Lugard came but it is so bad that people will die in ignorance. Do your self a favour by researching.
Please who are the signatories
to the almagamation edict?

Monkey!talking about discipline. Big-Big grammar is synonymous with the gutter press and their people with empty skulls.
. Does it mean the Oduduwas were not in existence before the europeans came? Too bad!

Nnamdi Azikiwe is dead and he can rot in hell for all I care. Those alive have a right to make their choice and we will not make the same silly mistake he made. I am glad he felt the betrayal of "one nigeria" before he died.

The other baboon that has nothing to counter but venom can you stay off my mention cos I won't dignify you with a mention.

Before I forget: Define Nation. Does your Nigeria fall into that definition? I ask again what do we have in common between us and you parasites?
Can you answer those questions?

Carnegiefan sorry once more for derailing this beautiful piece.

IPOB Youth

No problem bro. We have already made our case in this thread which is that Biafra will be totally different from (in fact OPPOSITE of) Nigeria.

All their bitter name callings and dubious arguments changes nothing.

They are DESPERATE to keep us with them in the failed state. Humans have limitless capacity for evil. They are too cowardly to seek their own self determination for themselves (or at least keep their unsolicited opinions about our own self determination efforts to themselves), but no, they prefer that somehow we stay with them and continue suffering with them.
It is what Igbo people call "ewu eri ma okuko atu" -the goat cannot eat, but will fight tooth and nail to deny the chicken access to the same food. Wickedess in its purest form.

So, we move ahead with our programs. cheesy
Now they can hopefully suck a very bitter lemon. cool
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by c33b33(m): 1:09am On Oct 07, 2015
carnegiefan:

No problem bro. We have already made our case in this thread which is that Biafra will be totally different from (in fact OPPOSITE of) Nigeria.

All their bitter name callings and dubious arguments changes nothing.

They are DESPERATE to keep us with them in the failed state. Humans have limitless capacity for evil. They are too cowardly to seek their own self determination for themselves (or at least keep their unsolicited opinions about our own self determination efforts to themselves), but no, they prefer that somehow we stay with them and continue suffering with them.
It is what Igbo people call "ewu eri ma okuko atu" -the goat cannot eat, but will fight tooth and nail to deny the chicken access to the same food. Wickedess in its purest form.

So, we move ahead with our programs. cheesy
Now they can hopefully suck a very bitter lemon. cool

Lol. They can't answer simple questions that's the funny part.

One of my siblings always ask me this: "Have those children posted your facebook pictures on nairaland again" And the one asking this question is just 15 years old who can't fathom the fact that people can go to that length on the internet. But I am used to their antics I just wish they don't realize it and continue fooling themselves. In the end Biafra must come.

I wanted us to talk about waste disposal and the environment. Have you got an idea?

IPOB Youth
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 1:12am On Oct 07, 2015
On the social front, we shall aim to finally solve the problem of unmarried women in our midst, because they really (if you actually study the problem) constitute a security risk to Biafra. We must adopt a marriage system that allows ALL women to have husbands, because not doing so will allow situations which enemies can capitalize on.
Currently the problem is already there,still manageable but gradually excalating.
In the days of our ancestors, the problem did not exist, or at least it was not as "epidemic" as it is now.
Sooner or later we must acknowledge that this is a problem to our future security.
I'm willing to twik our marriage laws to adopt our ancestral practices to help ensure that all our women have husbands.
If we are willing to invent a whole new language for Biafra, it is very easy to simply dust up our ancestral marriage traditions and institutions to solve this problem in Biafra.
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 1:18am On Oct 07, 2015
c33b33:

One of my siblings always ask me this: "Have those children posted your facebook pictures on nairaland again" And the one asking this question is just 15 years old who can't fathom the fact that people can go to that length on the internet. But I am used to their antics I just wish they don't realize it and continue fooling themselves. In the end Biafra must come.

I wanted us to talk about waste disposal and the environment. Have you got an idea?

IPOB Youth

A PRIVATE SECTOR goldmine. All over the civilized world (at least in the top leading capitalist systems of the world) private companies bid for waste disposal business from LOCAL (city, not even state) governments. The bidding process to the RFP (Request for Proposals) is usually fierce and very competitive, and the final winner is given a term contract which they must fulfil or lose the contract (in addition to being sued for recovery of funds paid). Biafra cannot achieve first world status by "governmentalizing" every municipal task.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 1:20am On Oct 07, 2015
Next I will talk about the environmental design and development...
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by c33b33(m): 1:20am On Oct 07, 2015
Hmm..on marriage. I think men are the problem and not women.

Can you explain more how our ancestral marriage practice used to be for those who may be less knowledgeable of it.

IPOB Youth
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by c33b33(m): 1:27am On Oct 07, 2015
The same waste disposal system you suggested is been practiced in Igweocha but with a lot of flaws like dumping it on designated place openly by the road side and lack of supervision by the contractors to completely make the disposal area very neat after packing the dirts.

Recycling must be encouraged and citizens oriented on how to separate their waste. Citizens can even make little cash, the scavengers waiting at the dump site knows a lot about this.

IPOB Youth
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 1:38am On Oct 07, 2015
c33b33:
Hmm..on marriage. I think men are the problem and not women.

Can you explain more how our ancestral marriage practice used to be for those who may be less knowledgeable of it.

IPOB Youth

The problem is that somehow we have been made to believe that polygyny (marrying more than one wife) is wrong and a sin. Since we are Christians, I have gone through the Bible and actually studied the origins of "monogamy" and it has no biblical basis except where Paul was talking about leaders in the church marrying one wife only.
But back to our ancestors...
They had FREEDOM of marriage, by that I mean that they could choose to be monogamic, or polygynic. There was no law against marrying more than one wife, though I must say that Nigerian law does not outlaw it either except in cases of statutory marriage (court marriage) to more than one woman which constitutes bigamy. But Nigerian law cedes some power to traditional marriages by "customary courts". Under that law you can marry more than one wife. But like you said, the men are the problem (IMHO) because many of them think it is a sin to be polygynic.

One of the things Africans do that baffle me is that our people tend not to question things logically and practically once it has been handed down by the colonialists. A simple thought process applied against such inherited problems usually produce profound results.
All we have to do is THINK.
Which is more dangerous?
A man marrying 3 women, or 30% of our women unmarried and roaming, waiting to be impregnated by invaders and vandals? Security beats all other considerations for me.

But I don't claim to know it all on this issue, all I know is that I would sleep better at night if all our women are accounted for. cool
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 1:49am On Oct 07, 2015
c33b33:
The same waste disposal system you suggested is been practiced in Igweocha but with a lot of flaws like dumping it on designated place openly by the road side and lack of supervision by the contractors to completely make the disposal area very neat after packing the dirts.

Recycling must be encouraged and citizens oriented on how to separate their waste. Citizens can even make little cash, the scavengers waiting at the dump site knows a lot about this.

IPOB Youth

That is where LOCAL government regulatory bodies come in to really kick a.s.s.
If I show you the municipal code of a city in the US, it is far more sophisticated than any legal document in Nigeria.
It is usually DETAILED and done by ALL environmental professionals down to all types of environmental development LAWYERS.
You can't scratch the ground without first checking the codes. And if you don't, a HEFTY fine and sometimes "taking" (a process whereby the government sieze and auctions off houses) happens!
I am very confident that we can do it in Biafra because we have teeming population of environmental professionals. Nothing of such can happen in Nigeria because a lot of the powers were ceded to the federal government and the state governments -bureaucracies FAR REMOVED from the problem.
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by c33b33(m): 2:16am On Oct 07, 2015
carnegiefan:

That is where LOCAL government regulatory bodies come in to really kick a.s.s.
If I show you the municipal code of a city in the US, it is far more sophisticated than any legal document in Nigeria.
It is usually DETAILED and done by ALL environmental professionals down to all types of environmental development LAWYERS.
You can't scratch the ground without first checking the codes. And if you don't, a HEFTY fine and sometimes "taking" (a process whereby the government sieze and auctions off houses) happens!
I am very confident that we can do it in Biafra because we have teeming population of environmental professionals. Nothing of such can happen in Nigeria because a lot of the powers were ceded to the federal government and the state governments -bureaucracies FAR REMOVED from the problem.

You are totally right. I believe we can do it,we are naturally clean people. Now, during environmental sanitation in the city, people tend to comply better when there are taskforce moving about and the villages are clean,fresh and calm.

I also suggest a well defined residential area;living quarters, bars,clubs,church and the rest well. Enugu used to be like that but now we are having clubs and hotels between personal living quarters.

IPOB Youth
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 2:32am On Oct 07, 2015
c33b33:

You are totally right. I believe we can do it,we are naturally clean people. Now, during environmental sanitation in the city, people tend to comply better when there are taskforce moving about and the villages are clean,fresh and calm.

I also suggest a well defined residential area;living quarters, bars,clubs,church and the rest well. Enugu used to be like that but now we are having clubs and hotels between personal living quarters.

IPOB Youth

My brother I've been to MANY first world countries, and the one thing I find them all doing ALWAYS is to PLAN BEFORE BUILDING.
There is a plan -one very well done and continuosly reviewed as the need arises.
Planning has been evolving in those countries and never stopped evolving. The only things that remain largely static are the institutions that enforce the enacted regulations.

I have never seen a development code for any city in Nigeria, and by code I mean "city constitution and bye-law" complete with structural plans, transportation plans, engineering plans, zoning plans, and environmental plans. The code itself is a LEGAL DOCUMENT enacted and enforced at the city level. Even if you take such local legal matter to the US supreme court, they will send you back to the city council again.
What Nigeria lacks is a strong bottom-up development model. What we have is a near socialist top-down model whereby all power belong to the federal government or their puppet state governments.
Believe me when we have an opportunity to design Biafra, it would not copy or minic anything existing in black Africa.

That is why I say that we have been mandated by the Heavens to bring light to darkest Africa. cool

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by c33b33(m): 2:36am On Oct 07, 2015
carnegiefan:

The problem is that somehow we have been made to believe that polygyny (marrying more than one wife) is wrong and a sin. Since we are Christians, I have gone through the Bible and actually studied the origins of "monogamy" and it has no biblical basis except where Paul was talking about leaders in the church marrying one wife only.
They had FREEDOM of marriage, by that I mean that they could choose to be monogamic, or polygynic. There was no law against marrying more than one wife, though I must say that Nigerian law does not outlaw it either except in cases of statutory marriage (court marriage) to more than one woman which constitutes bigamy. But Nigerian law cedes some power to traditional marriages by "customary courts". Under that law you can marry more than one wife. But like you said, the men are the problem (IMHO) because many of them think it is a sin to be polygynic.

One of the things Africans do that baffle me is that our people tend not to questions things logically and practically once it has been handed down by the colonialists. A simple thought process applied against such inherited problems usually produce profound results.
Which is more dangerous?
A man marrying 3 women, or 30% of our women unmarried and roaming, waiting to be impregnated by invaders and vandals? Security beats all other considerations for me.

But I don't claim to know it all on this issue, all I know is that I would sleep better at night if all our women are accounted for. cool

Bitter choice. And potential babymamas must find who got them pregnant and a proper test done and the man must own up to his responsibilty by marrying her. Our ancestors practiced it but without a medical test.

Hmmm...Before I forget, Paul never got married, I wonder why?

IPOB Youth
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 2:46am On Oct 07, 2015
c33b33:

Bitter choice. And potential babymamas must find who got them pregnant and a proper test done and the man must own up to his responsibilty by marrying her. Our ancestors practiced it but without a medical test.

Hmmm...Before I forgot. Paul never got married, I wonder why.

IPOB Youth

Exactly. Any man that impregnates a woman should marry her. To marry her of course, he must pay the bride price. In our tradition, a girl's fertility is "owned" by her father or the surviving male sibling until she is married, after which that fertility is transfered to the man who paid her bride price. Any child she conceives while not married automatically belonged to her father, while if married belonged to her husband. No paternity test crap. That way most vacuums are responsibly filled.

About Paul never marrying, he was a HIGH Christian leader, something similar to the Pope today, but even popes used to marry until fairly "recently". I hope you know this. Paul's position was that church leaders should not marry at all, but for fear of adultery, those who can't be celebate should marry one wife.
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by c33b33(m): 3:18am On Oct 07, 2015
carnegiefan:

Exactly. Any man that impregnates a woman should marry her. To marry her of course, he must pay the bride price. In our tradition, a girl's fertility is "owned" by her father or the surviving male sibling until she is married, after which that fertility is transfered to the man who paid her bride price. Any child she conceives while not married automatically belonged to her father, while if married belonged to her husband. No paternity test crap. That way most vacuums are responsibly filled.

About Paul never marrying, he was a HIGH Christian leader, something similar to the Pope today, but even popes used to marry until fairly "recently". I hope you know this. Paul's position was that church leaders should not marry at all, but for fear of adultery, those who can't be celebate should marry one wife.

Yes you are right. In Biafraland you must have a father's side or a mother's side,you must come from somewhere. It is practiced till today by reasonable ones.

Saul used to be very notorious before he became Paul or "Pope" . Yeah I read about Pope Alexander VI aka Rodrigo Borgia. History says his son Cesare Borgia is the trending potrait of "Jesus" in most church especially the Catholic church. Men should be advised to get married.

IPOB Youth
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 07, 2015
xyzhill:
cow smelling people? Nah. we dont mean it when we say so. Talking more on dat i hav a friend who is frm adamawa n another frm jos. We do nt hate u ppl only we seek our freedom.... Being taged nigerian out d shores is either u are assumed a fraudster or drug dealer or to sumerise it all ''CORRUPT''. we want a new identity, our identity and to live our biafran dream. Still am dazzed why d bunch and lots wants us to live in a poo hole which they have resolved never to leave? Ojukwu is dead but he did d nobel thing though it cost us many things, still he showed d world d pot filled with fresh minds indigenious, creative, resilent and resourceful ppl we are. And d best of all was that he revealed to us dis potentials....... So we would ever be greatful to God frm giving us,him.

P.S: is it true dat ppl frm jos and adamawa dont like d ppl of d core north?
Its possible that some people from these areas hate other northerners. But im both so I can really tell. Im from Yola, and zaria...
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by xyzhill(m): 8:12am On Oct 07, 2015
Zeeblamj01:

Its possible that some people from these areas hate other northerners. But im both so I can really tell. Im from Yola, and zaria...
hmmm......... Owk
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by xyzhill(m): 8:45am On Oct 07, 2015
carnegiefan:

One of the things Africans do that baffle me is that our people tend not to question things logically and practically once it has been handed down by the colonialists. A simple thought process applied against such inherited problems usually produce profound results.
Which is more dangerous?

if we say we are people of God and He is our God, then we must do his bidden. I do not agree to having polygamous home in biafra. Even laws should be made to make biafra a monogamous family country. The traditional ways where ways of d dark before d light did come. Now d light has come xo we must reflect in its beams and be a radiant glow. We must not derail from Gods word or be plauge for disobeidence as d people of isreal were once too many shown.

I thought of somting, we should limit d number of churchs to a bearest minimum. We dont want to have hundreds of churchs like is in nigeria. There must be stiff requirement like a sound proof building etc to disqualify many of them, so dat we wont be so much divided by many church denominations.
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by cheruv: 9:17am On Oct 07, 2015
c33b33:

IPOB Youth
gringringrin
As in seriously they're children cheesy
I find it baffling that someone would post pictures they "claim" are yours just bkos you picked holes in their argument grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply)

EFCC Recovers 17 Vehicles From Abdullahi Dikko, Ex-Comptroller Of Customs (pics) / Obasanjo Visits Buhari In London / Sowore's Party, AAC Records Massive Wins Over PDP In Two Rivers LGAs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.