Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

The New Range Rover Sentinel 2015 "It Can Withstand Bullets And Bombs" - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The New Range Rover Sentinel 2015 "It Can Withstand Bullets And Bombs" (2164 Views)

Have You Ever Seen A Range Rover Pickup Before? Dope Or Not? / The All New Range Rover Velar – First Shot / Range Rover Sentinel: The Official Beast Of Lagos Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Range Rover Sentinel 2015 "It Can Withstand Bullets And Bombs" by Nobody: 4:44am On Sep 11, 2015
It may look like yet another 4x4, but Range Rover’s newest model is described as a ‘mobile fortress’.

The armour-plated Sentinel can withstand a volley of bullets and explosions, while keeping under-fire passengers relatively comfortable.

But such security features don’t come cheap, with the model starting at €400,000 (£290,435 or $446,000).
It may look like yet another 4x4, but Range Rover’s newest model is described as a ‘mobile fortress’.

It can withstand being under fire from 7.62mm high velocity, armour piercing incendiary bullets thanks to an ‘armoured passenger cell’ made of super-high-strength steel and bullet-proof glass.

A strengthened floor and roof means it will also keep passengers safe from 33lb (15kg) bomb blasts and grenades.

There's even a special window so that documents can be delivered securely.

The powerful car has a three-litre V6 supercharged petrol engine with a ZF 8-speed automatic transmission and high density brake pads to ensure it can speed off and stop under pressure.

‘The Range Rover Sentinel is one of the most extraordinary Range Rovers ever produced,’ said John Edwards, Managing Director of Jaguar Land Rover Special Operations.

‘It has been expertly engineered by Special Vehicle Operations to provide class leading levels of protection to occupants against extreme attack, whilst retaining the Range Rover’s luxury and refinement with off road capability.’

For example, customers can choose the colour of the paintwork and interior.

The 4x4 is designed to have plenty of legroom so that two passengers can comfortably lounge in the two full-size back seats.

The suspension has been upgraded for a smoother ride, as well as to give passengers a better chance of escaping if the car is attacked, using the brand’s usual off-road capabilities.

The car can even speed off if its tyres have been shot or slashed, thanks to ‘run flat inserts’ in the 20-inch split rim alloy wheels.

If the main doors are blocked by a terrorist, passengers can scramble out using an ‘emergency escape system’ behind the rear seats.

Despite this, the car still looks like a standard Range Rover with a split-level tailgate.

‘Externally, it is discreet and almost identical in appearance to the vehicle from which it is derived, with few visual clues as to what lies beneath the skin,’ the company says.

To prevent attack in the first place, the Sentinel has an anti-tamper exhaust, a self-sealing fuel tank and back-up battery.

If anyone thought about setting it alight, the vehicle has under floor and under bonnet fire suppression systems, siren system with lights and an external speaker system to speak to attackers or nearby security back-up outside the car.

'There’s even a one centimetre opening in the driver’s window for ‘document delivery’.

The car has standard Range Rover features such as Blind Spot Monitoring Closing Vehicle Sensing and Surround Camera Security incorporating T-junction view, which could prove useful in a crisis, as well as for everyday driving.

While the car has a hefty price tag, it comes with a driver training programme to ensure they can handle the vehicle and learn all its secrets.

It will make its world debut at the Defence and Security International Exhibition (DSEI) at London's ExCeL arena from September 15 to 18.

The SUV is available to pre-order now in the UK, Europe, SOuth Africa and Middle East and comes with a three-year, 50,000-mile warranty.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/index.html

Re: The New Range Rover Sentinel 2015 "It Can Withstand Bullets And Bombs" by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 11, 2015
Great!
Need anything from Jumia? Contact me now!
Re: The New Range Rover Sentinel 2015 "It Can Withstand Bullets And Bombs" by cardoctor(m): 5:45am On Sep 11, 2015
I think the 3Ltr V6 Supercharged engine is a bit too small for the size and weight of this vehicle. A 6Ltr V8 supercharged unit would have been more appropriate.

Car-doctor

1 Like

Re: The New Range Rover Sentinel 2015 "It Can Withstand Bullets And Bombs" by DrLee(m): 6:15am On Sep 11, 2015
money good o...this is a car!
Re: The New Range Rover Sentinel 2015 "It Can Withstand Bullets And Bombs" by dotG(m): 6:15am On Sep 11, 2015
can it withstand nigerian roads?......because bullet and bomb are better than nigerian roads.
Re: The New Range Rover Sentinel 2015 "It Can Withstand Bullets And Bombs" by moscobabs(m): 6:18am On Sep 11, 2015
this is Range Over Vogue 2015 my MD has it .the motor is a beast
Re: The New Range Rover Sentinel 2015 "It Can Withstand Bullets And Bombs" by kingreign(m): 7:24am On Sep 11, 2015
cardoctor:
I think the 3Ltr V6 Supercharged engine is a bit too small for the size and weight of this vehicle. A 6Ltr V8 supercharged unit would have been more appropriate.

Car-doctor

From the engine specs, its like installing a keke napep engine in a Boeing 747, however, now adays, even a pencil sharpner could produce much power and torque to move a dead planet.Hope they installed good chargers to boost the powers... Besides, hope their known Achilles heel is eliminated?
Re: The New Range Rover Sentinel 2015 "It Can Withstand Bullets And Bombs" by chybykee(m): 8:00am On Sep 11, 2015
Person wey go die go die. When death comes, it's inevitable even with this sad
Re: The New Range Rover Sentinel 2015 "It Can Withstand Bullets And Bombs" by Merlissa(f): 8:30am On Sep 11, 2015
Sorry
Re: The New Range Rover Sentinel 2015 "It Can Withstand Bullets And Bombs" by Readonee35L(m): 9:10am On Sep 11, 2015
dotG:
can it withstand nigerian roads?......because bullet and bomb are better than nigerian roads.
do you know about car's?
do you know the kind of terrains it can handle,
it's differential system or its 4WD system too
Its kind of suspension,

this car handles road that are 10x worse than Nigerian roads
Re: The New Range Rover Sentinel 2015 "It Can Withstand Bullets And Bombs" by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 11, 2015
moscobabs:
this is Range Over Vogue 2015 my MD has it .the motor is a beast
MD of Kegites?
Re: The New Range Rover Sentinel 2015 "It Can Withstand Bullets And Bombs" by Whizpeter(m): 3:21pm On Sep 11, 2015
Wait lemme call my auto dealer
Re: The New Range Rover Sentinel 2015 "It Can Withstand Bullets And Bombs" by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
Re: The New Range Rover Sentinel 2015 "It Can Withstand Bullets And Bombs" by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
shares some features with the beast, no armoured car tickles my fancy except from Russians President ride....
Re: The New Range Rover Sentinel 2015 "It Can Withstand Bullets And Bombs" by shamecurls(m): 5:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
exhibition:
Great!

Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!

Can i order these range rover from Jumia?

3 Likes

Re: The New Range Rover Sentinel 2015 "It Can Withstand Bullets And Bombs" by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 11, 2015
Nice Ride
Re: The New Range Rover Sentinel 2015 "It Can Withstand Bullets And Bombs" by lonelydora: 7:20pm On Sep 11, 2015
This is what I call machine. But the engine size Small shaa.
Re: The New Range Rover Sentinel 2015 "It Can Withstand Bullets And Bombs" by shamecurls(m): 7:30pm On Sep 11, 2015
Readonee35L:

do you know about car's?
do you know the kind of terrains it can handle,
it's differential system or its 4WD system too
Its kind of suspension,

this car handles road that are 10x worse than Nigerian roads

Scam! If that car should ply Sango-otta-Ijoko Agbado-Akute on daily basis, It wont last 12 months. Nigerian roads re off-roads. The range will be on off-road mode on daily basis except it wont come to the core mainland- Ayobo, ishashi, Mowe, Agbara Lusada e.t.c
Re: The New Range Rover Sentinel 2015 "It Can Withstand Bullets And Bombs" by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2015
More pictures......

Re: The New Range Rover Sentinel 2015 "It Can Withstand Bullets And Bombs" by geesampower(m): 1:55pm On Sep 12, 2015
shamecurls:

Scam! If that car should ply Sango-otta-Ijoko Agbado-Akute on daily basis, It wont last 12 months. Nigerian roads re off-roads. The range will be on off-road mode on daily basis except it wont come to the core mainland- Ayobo, ishashi, Mowe, Agbara Lusada e.t.c

So which cars are plying that road daily?
This your comment is funny.
Nigerians tend to believe that expensive cars can't handle bad roads.
The only reason I will agree with you is not because the car can't handle such roads, but because u would want to cherish a car you spent a lot of money to get.
Believe me, range rovers, land rovers, hummers are amongst the best off road vehicles you can get.

(1) (Reply)

How Good Is BMW X5 2003 (DIESEL 3.0d) / In Need Of Ford Edge Booth And Bumper / Help Me Decide How Best To Fix My Alternator.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.