Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ (52685 Views)

Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer / What Will You Do When You Missed A Call From An Interviewer? / "Meet Me At Mega Hilton Hotel": An Interviewer Told Me. I Have Suffered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by STUDENTSFORUM(m): 6:50am On Sep 11, 2015
“Tell me about yourself” is a popular question that interviewers love to ask during job interviews. It seem like a very simple, but in reality it is one of the most difficult question an interview could ask you.

When the interviewer says tell me about yourself, most people tend to speedily diminish their chances of ever getting their desired job.

Most people tend to read out their bio data to the interviewers and others just say the first thing that comes to their mind.

If you do any of the above, well that explains why no one ever called you back, and shortly we will give teach you how to answer this question.

You should be able to answer this question in a way that the interviewer will have no choice than to say “tell me more”.

Keep It Short

Recruiters have short attention span. They get bored easily.

They usually interview tens of people monthly, and they need to determine if you are the right candidate or not in less than ten minutes.

Besides that, there are tons of other candidates out there who also need to be interviewed.

You see why you need to create a lasting impression.

Wasting your time blabbing about your primary school education, hobbies or town you grew up is not the best of ideas.

Be Genuine

Honesty as you may have guessed is a trait every interviewer seeks from a candidate during a job interview.

Being dishonest during a job interview shows that you really do not deserve the job, because who want to work with a dishonest person?

What The Interviewer Really Wants To Know

The phrase, “Tell me about yourself” has such a wide breath of answers that it can be overwhelming to know where to start.

While your employer would like to know you, this is not the right time to know the secondary school you graduated from. Your interviewer is currently trying to figure out if you are the right candidate for the job or not – and your critical task is showing them that you are the best person they got.

Break Your Answer Into Three Parts

To prevent your chances of sabotaging even before the interviewer get to really know you, it would be best to break down this question into three parts.

1st Part: Start with a condensed version of your career history. Need we remind you that it has to be as concise as possible?

2nd Part: Your next step of action should be a brief summary of a specific achievement to capture the interviewer’s interest.

3rd Part: Conclude with a few sentences about what you hope to accomplish next in your career – and make sure it is relevant to the position you are interviewing for.

What You Will Achieve
This response will make you stand out from the crowd.

Instead of giving the interviewer a boring overview of who you are, your hobbies, date of birth, place of birth, religion, and other details that are already in your curriculum vitae.

Source: http://studentsforumng.com/best-way-answer-interviewer-says-tell/

At the end of the interview, you will end up branding yourself as a true professional who knows the value of what you have to offer to a potential employer.

78 Likes 24 Shares

Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by efepro(m): 6:52am On Sep 11, 2015
Noted. Thanks

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by INTROVERT(f): 6:54am On Sep 11, 2015
very good.

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by MrZachs(m): 6:55am On Sep 11, 2015
infact diz wt cause ma last interview wit NNPC..

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by chybykee(m): 7:16am On Sep 11, 2015
Noted Thanks Man

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 11, 2015
Okk

1 Like

Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by STUDENTSFORUM(m): 7:21am On Sep 11, 2015
chybykee:
Noted Thanks Man
You're welcome

1 Like

Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by tessywithsexy: 7:29am On Sep 11, 2015
That,s a nice one. Thanks.............

1 Like

Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by potolistic(m): 7:46am On Sep 11, 2015
Abeggie

1 Like

Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by dayo23(f): 8:17am On Sep 11, 2015
Above all....God favour/ connection

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 8:31am On Sep 11, 2015
if everyone going for the interview should read this and do the same thing. won't that bring u back into the crowd.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by mjames: 8:41am On Sep 11, 2015
Noted
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by Haywhymido(m): 8:51am On Sep 11, 2015
Noted
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by jazinogold(m): 8:53am On Sep 11, 2015
ok
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by missKiffy(f): 9:04am On Sep 11, 2015
Not bad

1 Like

Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by olafum1(m): 9:29am On Sep 11, 2015
I'll just say: tell me about yourself first cool

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by FineBro(m): 9:39am On Sep 11, 2015
Ok
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by nwaobitex: 9:44am On Sep 11, 2015
Incase
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by prodiG(m): 9:51am On Sep 11, 2015
nice
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by Omotayor123(f): 9:52am On Sep 11, 2015
Just tell them About yourself shikenacheesy.

Avoid long story about how your mother suffer to brought you up tongue

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by pauloookay(m): 9:52am On Sep 11, 2015
Shuo standout or standing i gat this upcoming celebrity from this site www.oyiom.com
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by Lionpikin(m): 9:52am On Sep 11, 2015
R
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by kennyman2000(m): 9:52am On Sep 11, 2015
Okay..
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by butanep(m): 9:53am On Sep 11, 2015
Everyday comes with new methodology.

Tell me about youself? An Oil firm

I am butanep from delta state, studied Geology from University Of Benin, an aspiring geophysicist and also an ICT expert in the area of data base management. I am a dynamic fellow because my discipline has exposed me to different areas of life and career. I am a certified safety officers because safety comes first before any work is done effectively.

I have a basic idea in the application of geological softwares like petrel & powerlog. I had the opportunity to use them during my industrial training @NNPC. I was able to generate a 3D seismic model on the olumu well of Niger delta basin and also generate a correlation panel to other wells in the basin. I did a paper presentation of the fault history of the Niger delta basin and was given a credit for the work. I have plans to publish the work very soon.

I am one fellow eager to learn because continuous learning is the key to a successful career. I want to keep developing myself until my impact is felt in the petroleum industry and the Nigeria economy. I am an indispensable tool which any company or organization will love to hire.

74 Likes 14 Shares

Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by naijathings(m): 9:53am On Sep 11, 2015
Give then your full name and tell them to look it up on google.

6 Likes

Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 11, 2015
Ok
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by Ask4bigneyo(m): 9:53am On Sep 11, 2015
Noted!
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by Notion(m): 9:54am On Sep 11, 2015
Ok
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by cozy7(m): 9:54am On Sep 11, 2015
Sometimes in d heat of an interview, one may most likely forget all these steps n find himself/herself saying unnecessary things......

Some of these these interviewers can be so intimidating.....but definitely not foe me. #him smoke?

4 Likes

Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 11, 2015
Good!
Need anything from Jumia? Contact me now!
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by BiggerBangs: 9:55am On Sep 11, 2015
grin

[size=20pt]BiggerBangs[/size] was here
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by olaolulazio(m): 9:56am On Sep 11, 2015
Example pls!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment 2018 / N-Power: Sadiya Farooq's Message To Batch A And B Beneficiaries / Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.